Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,854 members, 7,817,528 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:47 PM

Pib: Host Communities to receive 3% Frontier States 30% - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pib: Host Communities to receive 3% Frontier States 30% (476 Views)

Fight At House Of Representatives PIB Public Hearing / Buhari Submits PIB To National Assembly, Scraps NNPC, PPPRA In New Bill / Obiano Tours Anambra Riverine Communities To Ascertain Water Level (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pib: Host Communities to receive 3% Frontier States 30% by Hungry4sex(f): 9:27am On Jul 03, 2021
My question is this? Which frontier states will be receiving the 30% revenue from gas? While the host communities receive 3%
Re: Pib: Host Communities to receive 3% Frontier States 30% by sammyj: 9:29am On Jul 03, 2021
The states with the oil well and those that have the pipeline passed through them. This also gives part of this benefits to some states and parasite people up there !!! angry
Re: Pib: Host Communities to receive 3% Frontier States 30% by eljp(m): 9:30am On Jul 03, 2021
In my opinion, the content of that PIB bill was a pure Coup against the South.
It was a ploy to further Rob the South that produce the oil and pay the North that doesn't produce a single drop of oil.

Firstly, the Senate cut down compensations payment for Host communities from 5% to 3% against the cries of southern Senators.

Secondly, the Senate have redefined host community to mean any community that oil pipeline passes thru. By implication, host communities will now imply all states that don't produce oil but have oil pipeline passing thru it. This automatically makes some Northern states that don't produce oil to become host communities and henceforth benefit from compensations.
Before now, host communities were communities that produce oil or have petroleum facilities/ installations in their land.

Thirdly, the Senate came up with a new Fraudulent jargon called "Frontier Exploration", for which they have earmarked 30% of NNPC profits to be servicing these Frontier Explorations yearly.
Mind you, all the so called Frontier Exploration projects are domiciled in the North : - Chad basin, Borno etc. So automatically, 30% or more (totally about 48%) of NNPC profits will be going to the North that do not produce a single drop of oil, while the remaining will be shared be the Federating States.
Pls tell me what else is the best definition of FRAUD??
��‍♂️��‍♂️☹️☹️

My big worry is that, while many Southern Senators failed to stop this robbery of a bill on the floor of NASS, many Southern Nigerians are busy celebrating the passage of this fraudulent PIB because they do not know the content of the bill.
Once this PIB is ratified on the Joint session of Senate and Representative, it automatically becomes a law once Buhari gladly signs off.
From thence, the North will fight tooth and nail and resist any attempt to amend it.

This is how the North have been robbing the South , and enjoying more from.oil proceeds since independence.
If you ask me, I would say Southerners should call their Representatives and Lawmakers at the NASS to reject the ratification of that PIB , but call for proper amendment before ratification when they have joint session.

My opinion.

3 Likes

Re: Pib: Host Communities to receive 3% Frontier States 30% by Pierocash(m): 9:56am On Jul 03, 2021
Southerners are the most docile set of people on Earth,how the north keep shortchanging them before their very eyes is really appalling
Re: Pib: Host Communities to receive 3% Frontier States 30% by Whiteangel1234: 10:04am On Jul 03, 2021
grin wetin we go do nah ? Life goes on jare
Re: Pib: Host Communities to receive 3% Frontier States 30% by TooMuchStuff: 10:35am On Jul 03, 2021
It's been like this all along since 1914 when Lugard joined Leprous North with Rich Southern region.

Slaves riding on horses while the Princes and Princesses trek around in the scorching SUN
Re: Pib: Host Communities to receive 3% Frontier States 30% by Blackfire(m): 11:48am On Jul 03, 2021
See them complaining... You should be happy we gave you 3% instead of 0.5%

Conquered territories
Re: Pib: Host Communities to receive 3% Frontier States 30% by EMMY76: 12:26pm On Jul 03, 2021
eljp:
In my opinion, the content of that PIB bill was a pure Coup against the South.
It was a ploy to further Rob the South that produce the oil and pay the North that doesn't produce a single drop of oil.

Firstly, the Senate cut down compensations payment for Host communities from 5% to 3% against the cries of southern Senators.

Secondly, the Senate have redefined host community to mean any community that oil pipeline passes thru. By implication, host communities will now imply all states that don't produce oil but have oil pipeline passing thru it. This automatically makes some Northern states that don't produce oil to become host communities and henceforth benefit from compensations.
Before now, host communities were communities that produce oil or have petroleum facilities/ installations in their land.

Thirdly, the Senate came up with a new Fraudulent jargon called "Frontier Exploration", for which they have earmarked 30% of NNPC profits to be servicing these Frontier Explorations yearly.
Mind you, all the so called Frontier Exploration projects are domiciled in the North : - Chad basin, Borno etc. So automatically, 30% or more (totally about 48%) of NNPC profits will be going to the North that do not produce a single drop of oil, while the remaining will be shared be the Federating States.
Pls tell me what else is the best definition of FRAUD??
��‍♂️��‍♂️☹️☹️

My big worry is that, while many Southern Senators failed to stop this robbery of a bill on the floor of NASS, many Southern Nigerians are busy celebrating the passage of this fraudulent PIB because they do not know the content of the bill.
Once this PIB is ratified on the Joint session of Senate and Representative, it automatically becomes a law once Buhari gladly signs off.
From thence, the North will fight tooth and nail and resist any attempt to amend it.

This is how the North have been robbing the South , and enjoying more from.oil proceeds since independence.
If you ask me, I would say Southerners should call their Representatives and Lawmakers at the NASS to reject the ratification of that PIB , but call for proper amendment before ratification when they have joint session.

My opinion.

These guys up north are really hardened criminals how can they be claiming 30% from so called frontier exploration and also get monthly federal allocations? I wonder what will become of them when this crude oil they are killing for looses it's value in few years from now?
Re: Pib: Host Communities to receive 3% Frontier States 30% by EMMY76: 12:31pm On Jul 03, 2021
Blackfire:
See them complaining... You should be happy we gave you 3% instead of 0.5%

Conquered territories

U almajiri beggars should enjoy ur stolen wealth for now but should remember that there's no champion for ever the day of reconning and wailing will definitely come some day.
Re: Pib: Host Communities to receive 3% Frontier States 30% by Hungry4sex(f): 2:31pm On Jul 03, 2021
EMMY76:

These guys up north are really hardened criminals how can they be claiming 30% from so called frontier exploration and also get monthly federal allocations? I wonder what will become of them when this crude oil they are killing for looses it's value in few years from now?
they are trying to switch to gas

(1) (Reply)

Seven Of The Many Legacy Projects Of Gov. Umahi And The Church Avenue Project / Supreme Court Stops FG From Ceding 17 Oil Wells To Imo / DSS Invites Ex-Governor, APC Chairman Over Audiotape Wishing Buhari ‘Death’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.