Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,702 members, 7,831,192 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

Nnamdi Kanu Was Illegally Repatriated To Nigeria - IPOB Lobby Group - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamdi Kanu Was Illegally Repatriated To Nigeria - IPOB Lobby Group (3012 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Was Dragged Into The Court In Chains, His Face Was Covered - Witness / Our Members Are In Serious Danger In Nigeria - IPOB / El-zakzaky: Real Reason Shiites Leader Was Repatriated From India – Buhari Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nnamdi Kanu Was Illegally Repatriated To Nigeria - IPOB Lobby Group by attackgat: 10:46am On Jul 03, 2021
Nigeria’s government illegally detained and repatriated Nnamdi Kanu, the leader of a separatist movement active in the country’s southeastern region, according to his U.S. lobbyists.

BW Global Group LLC said it’s confident that Kanu, who heads the Indigenous People of Biafra, or IPOB, was captured in another county “via an unlawful rendition by the Nigerian security forces.” Kanu hired the firm in March to advocate for his secessionist group within the U.S. Department of State and Congress.

Kanu, who fled Nigeria in 2017 while on trial for treason, resurfaced in the country on June 27 and appeared before a federal court in the capital, Abuja, two days later where his court case was adjourned for a month.

The IPOB leader was “intercepted through the collaborative efforts of the Nigerian intelligence and security services,” Attorney General Abubakar Malami said on June 29 without providing any further information about how or where he was seized.

BW Global, which didn’t specify where they understand Nigerian forces caught Kanu, said his unlawful rendition “would violate international law.” A complaint about the treatment of Kanu, a dual Nigerian-British citizen, has been made to the U.K. High Commission in Abuja, the Washington-based company said by email on Thursday.

The High Commission said Kanu wasn’t arrested in or extradited from the U.K. and it was seeking clarification about the circumstances of his detention from the Nigerian government. The U.K. would expect any trial or legal proceedings to follow due process, it said.

Kanu has been denied access to legal representation and is currently in the custody of Nigeria’s secret police, the Department of State Services, his lawyer Ifeanyi Ejiofor said by phone on Friday.

The arrest warrant for Kanu was “lawfully and judiciously procured” from the court after he breached its bail conditions “with impunity,” Umar Gwandu, the attorney general’s spokesman, said by text message. He declined to respond to questions about the circumstances of the IPOB leader’s return to Nigeria. Kanu has been represented by a lawyer throughout the judicial process, Gwandu said.

Nigeria’s government declared IPOB a terrorist group in 2017 and has blamed recent attacks targeting security agents in southeastern Nigeria on the group’s armed wing. Malami has accused Kanu of inciting deadly violence against personnel of the Nigerian state while based abroad.

— With assistance by David Herbling

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-07-02/nigeria-secessionist-leader-illegally-repatriated-lobbyists-say?utm_content=business&utm_campaign=socialflow-organic&utm_source=url_link&cmpid=socialflow-twitter-business&utm_medium=social
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Was Illegally Repatriated To Nigeria - IPOB Lobby Group by Abdul05: 10:48am On Jul 03, 2021
Abeg let KANU stay in buhari'cage for now

He killed a lot of people even Adolf Hitler as evil as he was , he did n't kill his own people

He killed people as lf he had no regard for human life shocked shocked

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Was Illegally Repatriated To Nigeria - IPOB Lobby Group by OnionBandit(f): 10:49am On Jul 03, 2021
So what?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Was Illegally Repatriated To Nigeria - IPOB Lobby Group by iHart(m): 10:49am On Jul 03, 2021
His utterances were legal, his repatriation was Illegall.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Was Illegally Repatriated To Nigeria - IPOB Lobby Group by Nobody: 10:49am On Jul 03, 2021
Wetin concern me.

For all i care, he is in Nigeria and in prison.

I dont care about the methods of setting the trap, as long as it caught a big rat called Nnamdi kanu, that is the most important. grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Was Illegally Repatriated To Nigeria - IPOB Lobby Group by agya1: 10:50am On Jul 03, 2021
Toh
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Was Illegally Repatriated To Nigeria - IPOB Lobby Group by tishbite41(m): 10:50am On Jul 03, 2021
Viva Biafra

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Was Illegally Repatriated To Nigeria - IPOB Lobby Group by Tranquillity360: 10:51am On Jul 03, 2021
God is with Kanu and he will always win his enemies.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Was Illegally Repatriated To Nigeria - IPOB Lobby Group by LMS1(m): 10:52am On Jul 03, 2021
Damn nigga.issorite
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Was Illegally Repatriated To Nigeria - IPOB Lobby Group by Sleyk: 10:54am On Jul 03, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
Wetin concern me.

I dont care about the method, as long as it caught Nnamdi kanu, that is the most important.

The earth awaits you any day you open your mouth and say that you have a fundamental human right..... Nonsense

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Was Illegally Repatriated To Nigeria - IPOB Lobby Group by Nobody: 10:56am On Jul 03, 2021
Sleyk:

The earth awaits you any day you open your mouth and say that you have a fundamental human right..... Nonsense

I have my fundamental human rights and i don't use it to create choas or cause death just like Nnamdi kanu

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Was Illegally Repatriated To Nigeria - IPOB Lobby Group by babyfaceafrica: 10:57am On Jul 03, 2021
Noted.. Next!!

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Was Illegally Repatriated To Nigeria - IPOB Lobby Group by HONESTFACT101(m): 11:00am On Jul 03, 2021
The hausa fulani feeling like gods now BUHARI is in power but the truth remains it is only a matter of time before BUHARI tenure expires only then will they see the doom they brought upon themselves......signing out✈

6 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Was Illegally Repatriated To Nigeria - IPOB Lobby Group by NwaEzefuNaMba(m): 11:01am On Jul 03, 2021
"according to his US lobbyist" mtcheeeeeew

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Was Illegally Repatriated To Nigeria - IPOB Lobby Group by FarahAideed: 11:02am On Jul 03, 2021
Illegal renditions has been the hall marknof tyrant Buhari since the 80s ... Zombies don't know the damage this Bloomberg reportage will do to our economy .... officialgarri you said there is no way the illegal rendition of Kanu can affect macro economic projection and I argued with you ...Do you know how powerful Bloomberg reportage are ? Do you know this report will definitely be seen by potential foreign investors and it definitely affect the FDI decisions ... No serious investor wants his money tied in a place that doesn't regard the rule of law especially international laws ...this is clearly an own goal for the short sighted Buhari
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Was Illegally Repatriated To Nigeria - IPOB Lobby Group by OnionBandit(f): 11:03am On Jul 03, 2021
HONESTFACT101:
......signing out✈
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Was Illegally Repatriated To Nigeria - IPOB Lobby Group by Commentor: 11:04am On Jul 03, 2021
FarahAideed:
Illegally renditions has been the hall marknof tyrant Buhari since the 80s

What can you do about it?
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Was Illegally Repatriated To Nigeria - IPOB Lobby Group by LLiKYekoba: 11:05am On Jul 03, 2021
Blomberg is right. The repatriation is illegal and muddles up the issue. His smart lawyer will now ask the court for clarification on the legality of his 'kidnap', these are procedural issues that will make case a big headache for the government.
The world is very much interested in the matter and Justice Binta may just dump the case on another judge if she will not do the bidding of buhari in the full glare of the world.

3 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Was Illegally Repatriated To Nigeria - IPOB Lobby Group by Samfloxin(m): 11:06am On Jul 03, 2021
I am yet to realize why I am still in this country,the me in me has left this animal kingdom tey tey.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Was Illegally Repatriated To Nigeria - IPOB Lobby Group by FarahAideed: 11:08am On Jul 03, 2021
Commentor:

It actually an own goal for Buharis economic team , this one that Bloomberg has carried it be sure that Buhari might have to resume printing his phantom illegal naira to pay you people cheesy
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Was Illegally Repatriated To Nigeria - IPOB Lobby Group by Earlystar698(m): 11:10am On Jul 03, 2021
Mazi Nnamdi Kanu the master strategy...he knows he would be arrested that's why he came to Kenya with expired passport.

God bless Mazi Nnamdi Kanu

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Was Illegally Repatriated To Nigeria - IPOB Lobby Group by Commentor: 11:14am On Jul 03, 2021
FarahAideed:

It actually an own goal for Buharis economic team , this one that Bloomberg has carried it be sure that Buhari might have to resume printing his phantom illegal naira to pay you people cheesy

Bloomeberg is quoting the fool's lobby group.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Was Illegally Repatriated To Nigeria - IPOB Lobby Group by Christistruth00: 11:17am On Jul 03, 2021
Osama bin Ladens killing by America in Pakistan was also illegal

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Was Illegally Repatriated To Nigeria - IPOB Lobby Group by Web2020: 11:17am On Jul 03, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
Wetin concern me.

I dont care about the methods of setting the trap, as long as it caught a big rat called Nnamdi kanu, that is the most important. grin
That is how cow think. They don't care about rule of law or rule of engagement so long it suits their ego.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Was Illegally Repatriated To Nigeria - IPOB Lobby Group by velocity25(m): 11:18am On Jul 03, 2021
I know so many zombies and minions don't understand what effect of unlawful rendition has on the country and it economy.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Was Illegally Repatriated To Nigeria - IPOB Lobby Group by PrinceOfLagos: 11:19am On Jul 03, 2021
Christistruth00:

Osama bin Ladens killing by America in Pakistan was also illegal
I swear you're Fulani

Kiss the truth

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Was Illegally Repatriated To Nigeria - IPOB Lobby Group by kponkedenge(m): 11:21am On Jul 03, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

I have my fundamental human rights and i don't use it to create choas or cause death just like Nnamdi kanu

And how many times have you condemned the government for causing death, chaos and hardship on Nigerians?

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Was Illegally Repatriated To Nigeria - IPOB Lobby Group by Christistruth00: 11:23am On Jul 03, 2021
cool
Commentor:

Baba Buhari might have been taunted for years over that failed Umaru Kidnapping from London in 1984 and used Nnamdi Kanu’s extraordinary rendition to Nigeria from Kenya to prove to himself and everyone that he could pull it off

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Was Illegally Repatriated To Nigeria - IPOB Lobby Group by vedaxcool(m): 11:24am On Jul 03, 2021
Did America legally kill Osama? Useless cowards, remind us how many terrorists American renditioned from across the globe.
Nigeria will protect Nigeria anyway possible.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extraordinary_rendition

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Was Illegally Repatriated To Nigeria - IPOB Lobby Group by Commentor: 11:25am On Jul 03, 2021
Christistruth00:
cool

Baba Buhari might have been taunted for years over that failed Umaru Kidnapping from London in 1984 and used Nnamdi Kanu’s extraordinary rendition to Nigeria from Kenya to prove to himself and everyone that he could pull it off

Dikko was smarter.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Was Illegally Repatriated To Nigeria - IPOB Lobby Group by Commentor: 11:27am On Jul 03, 2021
velocity25:
I know so many zombies and minions don't understand what effect of unlawful rendition has on the country and it economy.

As the US did to Osama Bin Laden abi?

2 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APGA/Soludo Defeats PDP In Anaocha, Peter Obi's LGA. / Gbajabiamila: We're Working To Settle Nigeria, UAE Flight Row / Just In: Buhari Jittery As Another Military Coup Underway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.