Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,678 members, 7,816,779 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

Who Is Answering The Prayers Of Unbelievers? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is Answering The Prayers Of Unbelievers? (2051 Views)

Hell-bound Christians And Heaven-bound Unbelievers / Compilation Of The Prayers From All DMX Albums / Reasons Why God Answers The Prayers Of Little Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is Answering The Prayers Of Unbelievers? by sarmy(m): 3:32pm On May 09, 2011
Christians pray to God through Jesus and He hears, Muslim also pray to God and he hears them. Who is responsible for answering the prayers.

Is the same God answering all the prayers

What of those who are not practicing religion or believe in God, do they pray at all and who is responsible for answering their own prayers or wishes.

Is their a system in-built in all humans that answers prayers no matter your religion?
Re: Who Is Answering The Prayers Of Unbelievers? by gacha: 3:52pm On May 09, 2011
@poster. First thing u should understand is that God almighty sees all human biengs as human spirits. U must av heard the phrase " there is no religion in heaven" before. That is the truth, so no matter how u pray, once it is in purity and truth and in accordance to the laws of creation, the prayer will rise upwards. Do not be decieved by religion.
Re: Who Is Answering The Prayers Of Unbelievers? by sarmy(m): 4:34pm On May 09, 2011
@gacha

What you are saying is that, God does not care about religion, once your heart is in tune with his law He hears.

How about the worshipers of idols, herbalists, and those corrupt politicians. Who is answering their prayers?
Re: Who Is Answering The Prayers Of Unbelievers? by gacha: 4:55pm On May 09, 2011
@poster.Idols worshippers, herbalist, politicians, pastor, imam,poor pple, rich pple, handicapped, etc are all these pple not human beings ? Like I said b4 human being is the same b4 the almighty, wat differentiate us is what our heart is b4 God. The laws of creation affects us all in the same way.
Re: Who Is Answering The Prayers Of Unbelievers? by Ascony(m): 5:32pm On May 09, 2011
so in ur own opinion, will a good atheist go to heaven when he dies?

if yes then whats the need for religion in the first place? and if no then ur claim that God sees the heart is invalid,

and moreover, what one religion calls "good" may be sin for the other, so how do u know that you are doing the good that God sees, undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Who Is Answering The Prayers Of Unbelievers? by sarmy(m): 5:35pm On May 09, 2011
@gacha

I’m not saying they are not human beings

I only wanted to clarify that the same God of Christian, Muslim and other religions is the same God that answers the prayer of herbalists, idol worshipers, corrupt politicians, robbers, killers etc (as most human beings do pray)

Some prays by making sacrifices to god using goats, etc ---- who answers those prayers.

I'm not sure most Christians will agree that their God also answers the prayers of Killers/robbers
Re: Who Is Answering The Prayers Of Unbelievers? by manmustwac(m): 5:56pm On May 09, 2011
@sarmy
your so stoopid what the HELL! do we need to pray for? Prayer is just superstition, its the opium that helps to keep the masses under control and any prayer that is answered is either through luck, chance or coincidence. If i need something i depend on hardwork and planning not prayers blind faith or some imaginary jewish dude.
Re: Who Is Answering The Prayers Of Unbelievers? by gacha: 5:59pm On May 09, 2011
@sarmy. You response pre-supposes that when a person prays for something and the thing happens, the prayer has worked and "somebody" "up-there" has answered the prayer. This is in actual fact not the case.
There is only one stream of power in creation which is God.nothing else! Now, let me give this example, an arm-robber prays to "God" dat he wishes rain to fall so dat he can attack a particular victim and not long after dat rain falls. To anybody monitoring this, the robbers prayer has been answered. Assuming dat at the same point in time elsewhere close a "righteous" person whose house is burning prays to "God" for rain and almost immediately rain starts to fall, the person to says God has answered his prayer ! Whose prayer has God answered ?

What I'm trying to point out here is that the way we humans see happenings in creation is not what it actually is. Every occurence happen according to immutable laws of creation which can always be explained.
Re: Who Is Answering The Prayers Of Unbelievers? by gacha: 6:09pm On May 09, 2011
@ascony. I will repeat again, there is no religion in heaven. Religion is of this earth. As per wat is good in one religion is not good in another religion, this also explains why we shld beware of religion. Truth is ONE and UNIVERSAL there is no variant of truth, there is no christian truth or muslim truth, once it is the truth it shld be the same across all religion !
Re: Who Is Answering The Prayers Of Unbelievers? by manmustwac(m): 6:22pm On May 09, 2011
gacha:

@ascony. I will repeat again, there is no religion in heaven. Religion is of this earth. As per wat is good in one religion is not good in another religion, this also explains why we shld beware of religion. Truth is ONE and UNIVERSAL there is no variant of truth, there is no christian truth or muslim truth, once it is the truth it shld be the same across all religion !
How do you know? Have you been there to findout? Your talking rubbish mate.
Re: Who Is Answering The Prayers Of Unbelievers? by gacha: 6:51pm On May 09, 2011
@manmustwac. i agree with you i have not been there but my OBJECTIVE HUMAN REASONING and the knowledge i CHOOSE to believe in makes me convinced that there is no religion in heaven ( by heaven, i mean "the beyond" not the heaven of enjoyment as the religions refer to it)
Re: Who Is Answering The Prayers Of Unbelievers? by thehomer: 7:13pm On May 09, 2011
sarmy:

Christians pray to God through Jesus and He hears, Muslim also pray to God and he hears them. Who is responsible for answering the prayers.

Is the same God answering all the prayers

What of those who are not practicing religion or believe in God, do they pray at all and who is responsible for answering their own prayers or wishes.

Is their a system in-built in all humans that answers prayers no matter your religion?

Beelzebub and Mammon?
Re: Who Is Answering The Prayers Of Unbelievers? by sarmy(m): 10:33am On May 10, 2011
manmustwac:

@sarmy
your so stoopid what the HELL! do we need to pray for? Prayer is just superstition, its the opium that helps to keep the masses under control and any prayer that is answered is either through luck, chance or coincidence. If i need something i depend on hardwork and planning not prayers blind faith or some imaginary jewish dude.

Don't be silly, if you don't pray, others do with proofs
Re: Who Is Answering The Prayers Of Unbelievers? by newmi(m): 12:34pm On May 10, 2011
manmustwac:

@sarmy
Is that what you think no wonder your id spells the limitations of your mind eroded by a lack of ability to see and perceive beyond your senses. . . . Without any apologies let me tell you in plain words YOU ARE A DEAD MAN WALKING.
Re: Who Is Answering The Prayers Of Unbelievers? by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:04pm On May 10, 2011
sarmy:

@gacha

What you are saying is that, God does not care about religion, once your heart is in tune with his law He hears.

How about the worshipers of idols, herbalists, and those corrupt politicians. Who is answering their prayers?

stop classifying idol worshippers along with corrupt politicians, robbers n killers.
we idol-worshippers r righteous and moral ppl too. and wat proof dya hav dat God answers d prayers of christians and moslems and not ours angry angry angry angry

and remember, if it werent for us Pagans, then African culture wud hav been aa myth. angry angry
Re: Who Is Answering The Prayers Of Unbelievers? by benodic: 2:51pm On May 10, 2011
@ poster

first of all i want to make the point that there is nothing like unbelievers before God. that is a dichotomy created by man. God loves all life so much that It made
provisions for all souls to be able to reach out to It in their own unique way.

that is why there are so many religions on Earth each with its own unique way of approaching God. souls are to choose the one most comfortable to them. there is no need for rancour or bitterness. God answers the prayer of every soul.

It doesn't matter to it whether you believe that God exists or not and it doesn't matter your religion. God's love is totally unconditional and everlasting.
Re: Who Is Answering The Prayers Of Unbelievers? by dare2think: 5:17pm On May 10, 2011
benodic:

@ poster

first of all i want to make the point that there is nothing like unbelievers before God. that is a dichotomy created by man. God loves all life so much that It made
provisions for all souls to be able to reach out to It in their own unique way.

that is why there are so many religions on Earth each with its own unique way of approaching God. souls are to choose the one most comfortable to them. there is no need for rancour or bitterness. God answers the prayer of every soul.

It doesn't matter to it whether you believe that God exists or not and it doesn't matter your religion. God's love is totally unconditional and everlasting.

I agree with you. The bolded is why I believe Christ or Islam is not the only way. Anything otherwise would mean we have a bias God, which in turn means God is non-existence, because an Omnipoten should not be bias, as bias is one of HuMAN'S NATURAL INSTINCTS
Re: Who Is Answering The Prayers Of Unbelievers? by manmustwac(m): 6:40pm On May 10, 2011
newmi:

Is that what you think no wonder your id spells the limitations of your mind eroded by [b]a lack of ability to see and perceive beyond your senses. . . . [/b]Without any apologies let me tell you in plain words YOU ARE A DEAD MAN WALKING.
if i land in lagos tomorrow what will i percieve graduates who have to drive okada in order to survive {YES OH! They have to survive or they DIE!} MAN MUST WACK. Or women who have to sell their bodies in order to feed. People who are so superstitious that they will even believe tht prayers will guarantee them a safe journey form lets say lagos to port harcourt and if the vehicle has an accident and somersaults several times nd everybody survives they won't really focus on the badly maintained car or the bad driver or bad roads bad weather etc. thay will just be thanking their imaginary god and do thanksgiving by giving doh to thier pastor. REligion blinds you from reality. Country where theres no constant power and more business church dey open everyday and you get the cheek to tell me i can't percieve anything
Re: Who Is Answering The Prayers Of Unbelievers? by dare2think: 6:55pm On May 10, 2011
newmi:

Is that what you think no wonder your id spells the limitations of your mind eroded by a lack of ability to see and perceive beyond your senses. . . . Without any apologies let me tell you in plain words YOU ARE A DEAD MAN WALKING.

Is the bolded necessary?
Can't someone have a different opinion to yours?

Must you always resort to religious bigotry?
Re: Who Is Answering The Prayers Of Unbelievers? by Joagbaje(m): 8:18pm On May 10, 2011
An unbeliever has no relationship with God.

Ephesians 2:12
12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

1 Corinthians 2:14
14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know [them], because they are spiritually discerned[color]

[color=#990000]1 John 5:14
14 And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:

John 14:21
21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
.[/color]
Re: Who Is Answering The Prayers Of Unbelievers? by ragdollz: 8:22pm On May 10, 2011
there's no soul ALIVE that can convince me he/she has never said a word of prayer, whether atheist or pagan. One time in your life, you must have felt the need to voice a cry for help to some Unseen Being. Whether you believe in a Jewish God/Savior or not, you have/will pray!!! As for who will answer your prayer, na your own be dat tongue tongue
Re: Who Is Answering The Prayers Of Unbelievers? by Jenwitemi(m): 8:29am On May 11, 2011
With your own personally created God, perhaps, but not with the one CREATOR of all things. The Creator transcends religious bias and bigotry. You, joagbaje, are the source of the religious bias and bigotry you showcase and NOT the creator.
Joagbaje:

Re: Who Is Answering The Prayers Of Unbelievers? by sarmy(m): 11:43am On May 11, 2011
PAGAN 9JA:

stop classifying idol worshippers along with corrupt politicians, robbers n killers.
we idol-worshippers r righteous and moral ppl too. and wat proof dya hav dat God answers d prayers of christians and moslems and not ours angry angry angry angry

and remember, if it werent for us Pagans, then African culture wud hav been aa myth. angry angry

I'm not the one classifying them together, if you ask most Christians you know, they will tell you that until you accept Jesus as your personal Lord and Saviour you are not a child of God and belong to the class of unbelievers

I believe prayers from both believers and unbelievers are being answered, reason why I asked who is responsible for answering the prayers of non-christians
Re: Who Is Answering The Prayers Of Unbelievers? by sarmy(m): 12:04pm On May 11, 2011
Joagbaje:

So who is answering their prayers?
Re: Who Is Answering The Prayers Of Unbelievers? by UyiIredia(m): 12:11pm On May 11, 2011
answer to your foolish question >>> somebody makes a prayer, not everybody hears their prayers, Mr Nobody answers their prayer
Re: Who Is Answering The Prayers Of Unbelievers? by sarmy(m): 12:18pm On May 11, 2011
Uyi Iredia:

answer to your foolish question >>> somebody makes a prayer, not everybody hears their prayers, Mr Nobody answers their prayer

What a foolish answer no offence
Re: Who Is Answering The Prayers Of Unbelievers? by UyiIredia(m): 12:25pm On May 11, 2011
sarmy:

What a foolish answer no offence

a very wise reply, thank you cool
Re: Who Is Answering The Prayers Of Unbelievers? by sarmy(m): 12:33pm On May 11, 2011
Uyi Iredia:

a very wise reply, thank you  cool

Uyi, seriously this is not a foolish question, I actually want inputs from various sides

Do you really mean nobody is answering prayers, then explain further as millions of people are praying everyday for one thing or the other.

Have you ever desired something and wish to have it, do you ever have a need and wish the supply can come quickly, you may not kneel down and pray officially but some thoughts can be considered as as prayers as well
Re: Who Is Answering The Prayers Of Unbelievers? by UyiIredia(m): 12:39pm On May 11, 2011
Re: Who Is Answering The Prayers Of Unbelievers? by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:45pm On May 11, 2011
ragdollz:

there's no soul ALIVE that can convince me he/she has never said a word of prayer, whether atheist or pagan. One time in your life, you must have felt the need to voice a cry for help to some Unseen Being. Whether you believe in a Jewish God/Savior or not, you have/will pray!!! As for who will answer your prayer, na your own be dat tongue tongue

AGAIN!!!! PAGANS PRAY TO GOD U MORONIC ISOTOPE!!!!!! WE ARE NOT FRIGGIN ATHEIST!!!!!!! angry angry angry angry
Re: Who Is Answering The Prayers Of Unbelievers? by sarmy(m): 1:04pm On May 11, 2011
Uyi Iredia:

i have no time for atheists

He that wins a soul is wise

How do you conclude about being an atheist, how people make wrong assumptions, anyway thks.
Re: Who Is Answering The Prayers Of Unbelievers? by UyiIredia(m): 2:30pm On May 11, 2011
back from class >>> funny though, but the class happened to be about presentation of arguments cool

sarmy:

He that wins a soul is wise

How do you conclude about being an atheist, how people make wrong assumptions, anyway the

didn't you refer to my foolish answer >>> a wise person wins his own soul and tries to help lost souls to win >>> must i waste my life doing that

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Dilemma (or Is It A Conundrum?) / Mega-evangelist Pastor Chris Oyakilome Brings A New Revelation To America / Deeper Life Pastor Arrested In New York For Swindling 80 Yr Old $1.8 Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.