Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,220 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:32 AM

Army Chief, Yahaya, Appoints New Field Commanders, Others - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Chief, Yahaya, Appoints New Field Commanders, Others (1171 Views)

Army Chief, Yahaya Attends Church Service, Says "We Will Destroy Insurgency" / Shake-up; New GOC, Theatre Commanders, Others Appointed To Tackle Boko Haram / Gombe Governor, Yahaya Appoints SSG, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Army Chief, Yahaya, Appoints New Field Commanders, Others by Mecka: 11:16am On Jul 04, 2021
The Chief of Army
Staff, Faruk Yahaya, has appointed new
Principal Staff Officers (PSOs), field
commanders and other key staff into
various army formations.

Army spokesperson, Onyema
Nwachukwu, made this known in a
statement on Saturday in Abuja.

The new appointments come few weeks
after the redeployment of some senior
officers in a major shake up.

Notable amongst the new appointees
are B.O. Sawyer, a major general, as the
new Director Defence Information
while I.M. Yusuf, a major general,
becomes the Commandant Nigerian
Defence Academy (NDA ).

Others are T.A. Gagariga, a major
general, who will move to the Nigerian
Army Artillery Corps as Corps
Commander Artillery while V.O.
Ezugwu, a major general, becomes
Commander of the Infantry Corps.

Read full statement by the Army below:
NIGERIAN ARMY APPOINTS PRINCIPAL
STAFF OFFICERS, FIELD COMMANDERS,
OTHERS
The Chief of Army Staff (COAS) Major
General Faruk Yahaya has approved the
appointment of Principal Staff Officers
(PSOs), Field Commanders and other
key staff that will provide the much
needed vigour in his command of the
Nigerian Army (NA). This was disclosed
through the NA Posting released by the
Department of Military Secretary on
Friday 2 July 2021.

The COAS approved the appointment of
the Commandant Nigerian Army
Armoured School, Maj Gen BO Sawyer
as the new Director Defence
Information while the Chief of
Operations Army, Maj Gen IM Yusuf
becomes the Commandant Nigerian
Defence Academy. Maj Gen TA Gagariga
will move from Army Headquarters
Department of Policy and Plans to
Nigerian Army Artillery Corps as Corps
Commander Artillery and Maj Gen VO
Ezugwu of Training and Doctrine
Command becomes the Commander
Infantry Corps. Maj Gen MA Yekini is
the new Chief of Defence Training and
Operations, Maj Gen MS Yusuf will take
over as Chief of Defence Standard and
Evaluation, while the Chief of Civil –
Military Affairs, Maj Gen AB Omozoje
will take over as the Chief of Policy and
Plans at the Army Headquarters.

Equally, Maj Gen SO Olabanji becomes
the Commander Training and Doctrine
Command, Maj Gen OA Akintade is the
new Chief of Army Logistics, Maj Gen
OT Akinjobi takes over as Chief of
Operations (Army), Maj Gen JA Ataguba
becomes the Chief of Army Standard
and Evaluation while Maj Gens KI
Mukhtar and C Ofoche are the new
Chief of Administration and Chief of
Transformation and Innovation
respectively. Maj Gen AB Ibrahim is
appointed as Chief of Training (Army).

Among the new field commanders are
Maj Gen AK Ibrahim who takes over as
the Force Commander Multi National
Joint Task Force, N’Djamena and Maj
Gen IS Ali who becomes the General
Officer Commanding 3 Division will
double as the Commander Special Task
Force Operation Safe Haven.

The COAS equally approved the
appointment of Commanders,
Commandants of NA Institutions,
Directors and other key appointments
at both Defence and Army levels. The
appointments he said were aimed to
rejig for efficiency in command and
administration within the NA. These
appointments take effect immediately.

ONYEMA NWACHUKWU
Brigadier General
Director Army Public Relations
3 July 2021

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/471490-just-in-army-chief-yahaya-appoints-new-field-commanders-others.html

1 Like

Re: Army Chief, Yahaya, Appoints New Field Commanders, Others by Simplyleo: 11:17am On Jul 04, 2021
Those of you jubilating that Attahiru is dead, here is the good news; there are over 20k Attahirus in the Nigerian Army ~ Garba Shehu

Btw, I think lamidi cownu should change his Chief of defense staff. He should be able to do that from kuje prison where he acts as the Oni kuje of kuje prison. undecided

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Army Chief, Yahaya, Appoints New Field Commanders, Others by colorsofrainbow: 11:18am On Jul 04, 2021
Even if I see major general Ojukwu listed there,na just 1 and half years and all the real terrorists we know killing unarmed protesters just like yesterday innocent 14 year old girl was will vanish.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Army Chief, Yahaya, Appoints New Field Commanders, Others by tobtap: 11:22am On Jul 04, 2021
Not bad

1 Like

Re: Army Chief, Yahaya, Appoints New Field Commanders, Others by HONESTFACT101(m): 11:31am On Jul 04, 2021
Simplyleo:
Those of you jubilating that Attahiru is dead, here is the good news; there are over 20k Attahirus in the Nigerian Army ~ Garba Shehu

Btw, I think lamidi cownu should change his Chief of defense staff. He should be able to do that from kuje prison where he acts as the Oni kuje of kuje prison. undecided
your ban must have really pained you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Chief, Yahaya, Appoints New Field Commanders, Others by Nobody: 11:46am On Jul 04, 2021
[s]
Simplyleo:

[/s]

Kai this guy talks too much o

Or are you working for kanu the rebel? Your clownish talkativeness is making light of a very serious issue and a threat to our nation.

Please if you are into drugs or comedy take it to the Jokes section we are serious about this issue
Re: Army Chief, Yahaya, Appoints New Field Commanders, Others by Jostoman: 11:47am On Jul 04, 2021
You people should continue your evil against the south. God is watching all of you
Re: Army Chief, Yahaya, Appoints New Field Commanders, Others by viyon02: 11:55am On Jul 04, 2021
From the list it shows element of nepotism and tribalism, well Buhari will leave office one day, and the table will turn around let wait till then.
Re: Army Chief, Yahaya, Appoints New Field Commanders, Others by kettykin: 12:03pm On Jul 04, 2021
Simplyleo:

The 20 atrahirus should stop the kidnapping going on in the north so that pupils can return back to school.

The 20 atrahirus has not done much against boko haram and iswap there only achievement till date is against unarmed protesters
Re: Army Chief, Yahaya, Appoints New Field Commanders, Others by Mecka: 1:02pm On Jul 04, 2021
long NA
Re: Army Chief, Yahaya, Appoints New Field Commanders, Others by OKPANAMboy: 1:48pm On Jul 04, 2021
Simplyleo:

In a quest for an attention, an Igbo girl must have dumped your sorry ass for serious boy, hence the hate.

You are suffering.
This hate must have made you very skinny.
Re: Army Chief, Yahaya, Appoints New Field Commanders, Others by garfield1: 1:52pm On Jul 04, 2021
viyon02:
From the list it shows element of nepotism and tribalism, well Buhari will leave office one day, and the table will turn around let wait till then.

Which nepotism again? If you have nothing to say,be silent na
Re: Army Chief, Yahaya, Appoints New Field Commanders, Others by bjdon: 1:56pm On Jul 04, 2021
Were new commanders not recently appointed when the last COAS was appointed?
Re: Army Chief, Yahaya, Appoints New Field Commanders, Others by viyon02: 1:58pm On Jul 04, 2021
garfield1:

Which nepotism again? If you have nothing to say,be silent na
did you check the list very well, how many south west, south east and south south
Re: Army Chief, Yahaya, Appoints New Field Commanders, Others by vedaxcool(m): 2:00pm On Jul 04, 2021
grin grin grin I wish all the commanders success in their new postings. Kill them all!!! All BH, Bandits, Violent agitators, insurrectionists, criminals and cartels
Re: Army Chief, Yahaya, Appoints New Field Commanders, Others by slivertongue: 2:10pm On Jul 04, 2021
viyon02:
did you check the list very well, how many south west, south east and south south

zombie na zombie
Re: Army Chief, Yahaya, Appoints New Field Commanders, Others by fitzmayowa: 2:13pm On Jul 04, 2021
The appointment by the COAS is well spread maybe Buhari should come and learn from the new COAS on how appointments should be made.....
Re: Army Chief, Yahaya, Appoints New Field Commanders, Others by fitzmayowa: 2:14pm On Jul 04, 2021
bjdon:
Were new commanders not recently appointed when the last COAS was appointed?

With the death of the former COAS and the appointment of this new one most of commanders appointed by the previous COAS were forced into retirement, hence the buzz everywhere when Buhari skipped most of them to appoint their junior as COAS....
Re: Army Chief, Yahaya, Appoints New Field Commanders, Others by garfield1: 2:53pm On Jul 04, 2021
fitzmayowa:
The appointment by the COAS is well spread maybe Buhari should come and learn from the new COAS on how appointments should be made.....

Very well spread in favour of south.10 south,6 north.
Re: Army Chief, Yahaya, Appoints New Field Commanders, Others by garfield1: 2:54pm On Jul 04, 2021
slivertongue:

zombie na zombie

Careless talk from my boy.10 south,6 north.next time,read before commenting son
Re: Army Chief, Yahaya, Appoints New Field Commanders, Others by garfield1: 2:57pm On Jul 04, 2021
viyon02:

Firstly,the appointments are not from buhari as you are thinking but from the coas personally.there are 16 major gens.10 from the south,6 north. Out of those 10 from south,5 are south west,3 south south and 2 southeast.you obviously didn't research well before commenting carelessly.I believe you owe the thread an apology

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Army Chief, Yahaya, Appoints New Field Commanders, Others by viyon02: 3:44pm On Jul 04, 2021
garfield1:

Firstly,the appointments are not from buhari as you are thinking but from the coas personally.there are 16 major gens.10 from the south,6 north. Out of those 10 from south,5 are south west,3 south south and 2 southeast.you obviously didn't research well before commenting carelessly.I believe you owe the thread an apology
It baffled me when some elements like you still support Buhari appointments and actions. Anyway devil still has worshippers.
Re: Army Chief, Yahaya, Appoints New Field Commanders, Others by garfield1: 4:08pm On Jul 04, 2021
viyon02:
It baffled me when some elements like you still support Buhari appointments and actions. Anyway devil still has worshippers.

Why do you pdp fans always vomit rubbish? You made a wild allegations which was proven to be heavily untrue.you claimed the appointments were dominated by the north,I countered you.instead of you to admit your mistake and take corrections,you still adamantly want to change the narrative.Mr,respect yourself

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Army Chief, Yahaya, Appoints New Field Commanders, Others by TotoGame(m): 4:17pm On Jul 04, 2021
Major General victor ezeugwu now commander infantry corp

Nice one
Re: Army Chief, Yahaya, Appoints New Field Commanders, Others by viyon02: 4:36pm On Jul 04, 2021
garfield1:

Why do you pdp fans always vomit rubbish? You made a wild allegations which was proven to be heavily untrue.you claimed the appointments were dominated by the north,I countered you.instead of you to admit your mistake and take corrections,you still adamantly want to change the narrative.Mr,respect yourself
what stupid list are you talking about, are you telling me those northern names are from South? Maybe southern muslims.
Re: Army Chief, Yahaya, Appoints New Field Commanders, Others by garfield1: 5:15pm On Jul 04, 2021
viyon02:
what stupid list are you talking about, are you telling me those northern names are from South? Maybe southern muslims.

Guy,why do you keep embarrassing yourself publicly? Are you ok? Apart from im Yusuf,ms Yusuf,k mukhtar,ab Ibrahim,ak Ibrahim and i.ali,which other name is northern or Islamic? Which kain thing be this
Re: Army Chief, Yahaya, Appoints New Field Commanders, Others by adebenson155: 5:15pm On Jul 04, 2021
hmnnnn
Re: Army Chief, Yahaya, Appoints New Field Commanders, Others by viyon02: 7:46pm On Jul 04, 2021
garfield1:

Guy,why do you keep embarrassing yourself publicly? Are you ok? Apart from im Yusuf,ms Yusuf,k mukhtar,ab Ibrahim,ak Ibrahim and i.ali,which other name is northern or Islamic? Which kain thing be this
enjoy your day
Re: Army Chief, Yahaya, Appoints New Field Commanders, Others by garfield1: 9:39pm On Jul 04, 2021
viyon02:
enjoy your day

Is it generals ayakurubo gagariga,olabanji,akintade,akinjobi,yekini,ezugwu,ataguba,ofoche,bode sawyer and omozoje that are northerners or Muslims?

(1) (Reply)

Obama Out VS Trump Out. Pictures / Anambra APC Guber Candidate, Uba, Escapes Death From Police Gunshot / Release Obi Cubana Or Arrest Bola Tinubu Too – Deji Adeyanju Tells Anti-graft Ag

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.