Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,240 members, 7,957,578 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 03:05 PM

Wike Breaks Silence On Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Breaks Silence On Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest (785 Views)

Wike Breaks Fast With Speaker, Femi Gbajabiamila (Photos) / Atiku Reveals How Boko Haram Was Formed, Speaks On Nnamdi Kanu, Dasuki / Little Boy Shakes Governor Wike, Breaks Protocol (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike Breaks Silence On Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest by Karlman: 12:04pm On Jul 04, 2021
Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike has urged President Muhamadu Buhari administration to make a conscientious effort to arrest bandits and Miyetti Allah militias terrorising the country, with the same vigour it went after separatist leader Nnamdi Kanu.

Mr Wike noted that despite the differences Rivers government had with Mr Kanu, the rule of law and due process must be followed in his arrest and prosecution.

The governor further urged the federal government to ensure all terrorists on its watchlist regardless of their ethnicity or religion are arrested and made to face the wrath of the law.

“We must not make hullabaloo about the prosecution of Nnamdi Kanu. I don’t agree with his principle. I have come out and said you cannot annex my state to be your own. But that does not mean that you will not allow the law to take its course,” Mr Wike said while speaking during a live television interview.

The Rivers State governor added, “You cannot say because Nnamdi Kanu is from a particular area, let us prosecute him. The same thing must apply to all other people, the bandits, Miyetti Allah.”

https://news.opera.com/ng/en/main/today-s-headlines-wike-reacts-to-nnamdi-kanu-s-arrest-lagos-cp-speaks-on-yoruba-nation-rally?news_id=81d7db49138d88615b510393caf8c8cc&news_entry_id=s3a7ce587210703en_ng&open_type=transcoded&request_id=DETAIL_EXPLORE_51fd21f6-a29e-4458-908a-b07c0900ee1d

1 Like

Re: Wike Breaks Silence On Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest by vickydankal(f): 12:10pm On Jul 04, 2021
He should go and sit down. We don't want his comment or sympathy

2 Likes

Re: Wike Breaks Silence On Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest by Officialgarri: 12:11pm On Jul 04, 2021
Someone give me links to where MiyetiAllah repeatedly demanded their own country.

Another person should give me a link to where MiyetiAllah called for the killings of security agents.

It's high time people are educated that a call for secession is treason, not even in Nigeria only but even parts of the US.
And it's only a constitution review that can include secession as a fundamental right.

Emotions doesn't work here.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike Breaks Silence On Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest by Omoslim26: 12:13pm On Jul 04, 2021
Very true.
Wike says it as it is, my kind of person.
Re: Wike Breaks Silence On Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jul 04, 2021
Arrest my brother, u must be stupid 2 tell me 2 do dat,
I will always protect my brothers,
4 + 4 = 2023 Haters drink sniper

Re: Wike Breaks Silence On Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest by Karlman: 12:23pm On Jul 04, 2021
Officialgarri:
Someone give me links to where MiyetiAllah repeatedly demanded their own country.

Another person should give me a link to where MiyetiAllah called for the killings of security agents.

It's high time people are educated that a call for secession is treason, not even in Nigeria only but even parts of the US.
And it's only a constitution review that secession can include secession as a fundamental right.

Wow! You are like the only educated person In your family the rest are fools that's why it is only you that can reason!

1 Like

Re: Wike Breaks Silence On Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest by Sunnybay7: 12:31pm On Jul 04, 2021
Isn't it obvious that it is north versus south, Buhari can't capture bandits and terrorist leaders within the nation but he can deplore resources to capture someone outside the country
Re: Wike Breaks Silence On Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest by Idiko1: 12:38pm On Jul 04, 2021
If Miyetti Allah mounts on any open space in Abuja and announce to grant independence to northern region of Nigeria or even declare Islamic Republic of Arewa, the Fulani armed forces cum Nigerian armed forces will stand guard to provide them with protection. In fact, Nigeria needs to be destroyed.

1 Like

Re: Wike Breaks Silence On Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest by Vickym1(f): 12:40pm On Jul 04, 2021
Officialgarri:

And it's only a constitution review that secession can include secession as a fundamental right.

So the killing, raping and maiming of innocent people is not something abi or the security agents are more Nigeria than other people? U people should think first b4 commenting on a thread undecided
Re: Wike Breaks Silence On Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest by Ogbuefi2020: 1:13pm On Jul 04, 2021
Wike's opinion is irrelevant. He is an incosequential ikwerre minority.

(1) (Reply)

CCT Scheme: FG Disburses N9.5bn To 142,000 Households In Katsina / Fani-kayode Speaks On Dining With Pantami At Wedding Of Buhari’s Son / UNGUARDED ESN THREADING THE PATH OF BOKO HARAM (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.