Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,555 members, 7,819,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

Miami officials use explosives to demolish what's left of collapsed condo tower - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Miami officials use explosives to demolish what's left of collapsed condo tower (24442 Views)

Nothing Will Be Left Of Israel If It Acts Against Iran – President Raisi / Larry C. Johnson: “the Ukrainian Army Has Been Defeated. What’s Left Is Mop-up” / US Navy Fires Thousands Of Pounds Of Explosives To Test Aircraft Carrier( Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Miami officials use explosives to demolish what's left of collapsed condo tower by Tomilola360: 1:23pm On Jul 05, 2021
SouthSouth1914:
If this work was to be done in Nigeria! grin grin

You’ll see heavy cranes and forklifts high to the sky!! No notice will be given to anyone! They will even destroy it with people inside.

Nigeria has total disregard for order and human life! This is the sad reality. As Nigerians, we should not be afraid to say the truth the way it is until things start to improve!!

I agree with you. It can happen in Biafran part of Nigeria.

Such has been done in lagos before without casualties.

CHILDREN OF HATE

1 Like

Re: Miami officials use explosives to demolish what's left of collapsed condo tower by SouthSouth1914: 1:24pm On Jul 05, 2021
Bluffly:

Similar demolition has taken place in Lagos as well during Fashola and same approach was used.

BOI building in 2009, a 22 storey building. Not everything una go take begin they yab una country.

Can you give me data on how many buildings in Nigeria have been demolished and what processes where used? There are lots of pictures on social media!

My point is, Nigeria should improve its living standards!

1 Like

Re: Miami officials use explosives to demolish what's left of collapsed condo tower by SouthSouth1914: 1:25pm On Jul 05, 2021
saintade01:

Must you guys always chase stupid clouts with your country at every opportunity?
How old were you when something like this was done on a building in Marina?

Stop this mentality n

Is marina the only building that has been demolished in Nigeria?
Re: Miami officials use explosives to demolish what's left of collapsed condo tower by SouthSouth1914: 1:25pm On Jul 05, 2021
skallion7:
Stupid comment

Useless comment!
Re: Miami officials use explosives to demolish what's left of collapsed condo tower by SouthSouth1914: 1:26pm On Jul 05, 2021
aspabay:

Something is going on in America, good or bad you will always find a way to abuse and rubbish your country, who made you like this for crying out loud. How many demolitions have been done with people inside in Nigeria. It i comments like this that nakes foriengers think you guys al live on trees.
Change that mindset is it not a good one. Yoy can never change your country of birth. Wether you like it or not Nigeria is your coutry and it will rise again.

Keep quiet! But Nigerian government will compare us with the USA when fuel price wants to go up! When something is wrong with a system, you guys don’t speak up, this is the reason we always remain stagnant!

1 Like

Re: Miami officials use explosives to demolish what's left of collapsed condo tower by SouthSouth1914: 1:27pm On Jul 05, 2021
domido:

Nigeria has collapse a building with this method before without affecting other buildings in the administration of Gov. Fashola. It happened in 2008. It was the Bank of Industry building in Marina then.
Though it was the first in West Africa at that time.

This is the only reference point, always Marina in Lagos! Is this the only building in Nigeria that has been demolished?
Re: Miami officials use explosives to demolish what's left of collapsed condo tower by SouthSouth1914: 1:28pm On Jul 05, 2021
goslowgoslow:

People like you are even part of the problem. Always making unecessary comparison...

But Nigerian government will compare us with the USA when fuel price wants to go up! Think about it!
Re: Miami officials use explosives to demolish what's left of collapsed condo tower by SouthSouth1914: 1:29pm On Jul 05, 2021
n3xt:

Says who?

I can share the video of controlled implosion of the partially collapsed BOI building, Marina under Fashola regime in Lagos.

It was professionally handled on a Sunday morning.

This is the only example you all have been giving in the entire country, we should be ashamed of ourselves! The federal government will compare us with other country when they want to increase price of petrol. Why can’t I compare them??
Re: Miami officials use explosives to demolish what's left of collapsed condo tower by SouthSouth1914: 1:30pm On Jul 05, 2021
FarahAideed:

This type of implosion destruction has been done in Marina Lagos some years back and it was as successful so successful many people in Lagos never heard of it

I agree with you my brother! But is it the only building that has been demolished in the entire country? We shouldn’t shy away from the truth, Nigeria as a country needs to improve its living standards

1 Like

Re: Miami officials use explosives to demolish what's left of collapsed condo tower by SouthSouth1914: 1:34pm On Jul 05, 2021
Tomilola360:

I agree with you. It can happen in Biafran part of Nigeria.

Such has been done in lagos before without casualties.

CHILDREN OF HATE

You are ignorant! You all have been making reference to marina, is this the only place in this country? I am not an ipob whatsoever!

Nigeria has been poor in all living conditions and not something you can hide. The Nigeria government will compare us to other countries and won’t blink when they want to increase something!
Re: Miami officials use explosives to demolish what's left of collapsed condo tower by Tomilola360: 2:09pm On Jul 05, 2021
SouthSouth1914:

You are ignorant! You all have been making reference to marina, is this the only place in this country? I am not an ipob whatsoever!

Nigeria has been poor in all living conditions and not something you can hide. The Nigeria government will compare us to other countries and won’t blink when they want to increase something!

KEEP RANTING.
Re: Miami officials use explosives to demolish what's left of collapsed condo tower by Bluffly: 2:14pm On Jul 05, 2021
SouthSouth1914:

Can you give me data on how many buildings in Nigeria have been demolished and what processes where used? There are lots of pictures on social media!

Not every building requires dynamite to demolish.

3 Likes

Re: Miami officials use explosives to demolish what's left of collapsed condo tower by Bluffly: 2:15pm On Jul 05, 2021
SouthSouth1914:

Make use of Google yourself

2 Likes

Re: Miami officials use explosives to demolish what's left of collapsed condo tower by edgecution(m): 2:43pm On Jul 05, 2021
SouthSouth1914:

You’ll see heavy cranes and forklifts high to the sky!! No notice will be given to anyone! They will even destroy it with people inside.

Nigeria has total disregard for order and human life! This is the sad reality. As Nigerians, we should not be afraid to say the truth the way it is until things start to improve!!

I don't get this post. Over 120 victims are still buried in that debris. Are you saying Americans are incompetent too? Why is over 120 still missing?

If 120 people are still missing in Nigeria, would you have said the same thing?

Well Na Nigeria situation cause all the see finish.

2 Likes

Re: Miami officials use explosives to demolish what's left of collapsed condo tower by aspabay(m): 2:51pm On Jul 05, 2021
SouthSouth1914:

Keep quiet! But Nigerian government will compare us with the USA when fuel price wants to go up! When something is wrong with a system, you guys don’t speak up, this is the reason we always remain stagnant!

I don't have time for you pessimist, you can give all the excuses why you want to insult and abuse your fatherland.

The curse always stays with you, that is why you remain who you are. Americans do not do that, regardless of what goes on in their country, you hear God bless America.

We are not even talking about Nigeria here, but you small, myopic, unpatritic and pessimistic mindset will still find a way to say negetive things. it is not normal, change your ways

2 Likes

Re: Miami officials use explosives to demolish what's left of collapsed condo tower by KillerBeauty(f): 3:06pm On Jul 05, 2021
Seakay:
I trust the Americans, they can rebuild it in 3 days. cool
They can't.
Re: Miami officials use explosives to demolish what's left of collapsed condo tower by saajus: 3:22pm On Jul 05, 2021
Sir Seakay, you meant 3 hours.
Seakay:
Re: Miami officials use explosives to demolish what's left of collapsed condo tower by liasmiram2567: 4:24pm On Jul 05, 2021
Seakay:

Like the Chinese?
Re: Miami officials use explosives to demolish what's left of collapsed condo tower by shegoon: 4:31pm On Jul 05, 2021
I remember this was carried out on a partially collapse building in CMS lagos years back. The building was situated in between other tall buildings, same way this went down without interference on other buildings.Use your Google to check for facts before giving comments on social media. I do that too.
SouthSouth1914:

Re: Miami officials use explosives to demolish what's left of collapsed condo tower by Seakay(m): 5:32pm On Jul 05, 2021
liasmiram2567:

Like the Chinese?
Yes, all they have to do is hire Chinese Workers to do the job. cheesy
Re: Miami officials use explosives to demolish what's left of collapsed condo tower by goslowgoslow(m): 5:49pm On Jul 05, 2021
SouthSouth1914:

But Nigerian government will compare us with the USA when fuel price wants to go up! Grow up bro
Grown up man pele o.....what is the result of the comparison?
Re: Miami officials use explosives to demolish what's left of collapsed condo tower by MattFreeman007(m): 9:52pm On Jul 05, 2021
Seakay:

Oga nothing is fishy here, u think this is abou cryt APC and PDP? cheesy

What do you even know? Simply just a building demolished..!! Do you know why it was demolished from one side , in the name of building collapse..?? Then learn about the confessional statement of McAfee, about having kept a strong evidence against the American Government there, few months before he died. Just make a research and reply me.. Thanks.
Re: Miami officials use explosives to demolish what's left of collapsed condo tower by OLULAW: 11:09pm On Jul 05, 2021
SouthSouth1914:

Because Nigeria is a nasty piece of work grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Miami officials use explosives to demolish what's left of collapsed condo tower by petitejolie(f): 12:06am On Jul 06, 2021
Ooooh with this that means deyve lost hope of any survivor just to get bodies na im remain. Rest In Peace to the dead
Re: Miami officials use explosives to demolish what's left of collapsed condo tower by victons(m): 3:40am On Jul 06, 2021
fergie0o1:
https://www.nairaland.com/6618446/multi-storey-building-partially-collapses-miami#103041129

https://www.nairaland.com/6620289/miami-building-collapse-firefighters-trawl#103076904

Rescuers hope demolition will give them access to underground garage of Surfside building where victims may be buried
I don't know exactly how they planned it, but I don't think this was the best thing to do.

The Guardian

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgGRFKkty1w

So far, 24 have been confirmed dead with 121 still missing
Re: Miami officials use explosives to demolish what's left of collapsed condo tower by ennyen(m): 7:24am On Jul 06, 2021
the building had serious structural problems which were reported but not addressed nor action taken.
Re: Miami officials use explosives to demolish what's left of collapsed condo tower by Prestonvic(m): 7:38am On Jul 06, 2021
SouthSouth1914:

I agree with you bro, except the part that you said, "No notice will be given to anyone!"

Notice will actually be given but Nigerians are lawless people and will not take the notice serious, some will resist any attempt by government to demolish the place, they might even go to prayer houses to say prayers against the notice, until it becomes too late and they see bulldozers... Even sighting bulldozers, they still would not want to leave the premises.

Nigerians are the problems of Nigeria not just the government!
Re: Miami officials use explosives to demolish what's left of collapsed condo tower by Abimbola007(m): 9:00am On Jul 06, 2021
SouthSouth1914:

What the Bleep is this? Must you guys always talk down your country? How will you say no notice will be given if this was to be in Nigeria and they will even destroy those there. Grow up!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Plane Crash In Russia, 50 Feared Dead / Americans Have Fundamental Right To Carry Firearms In Public - US Supreme Court / Adama Barrow Appoints His 10 Ministers, Swears Them In (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.