Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

PIB: Ben Igbakpa Reacts To Backlash And Disappointment After PIB Passage At NASS - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PIB: Ben Igbakpa Reacts To Backlash And Disappointment After PIB Passage At NASS (20059 Views)

Sanwo-Olu Declares Another Free Passage At Lekki, Ikoyi Toll Plazas On Wednesday / Woman Spotted Sleeping At NASS Inauguration (Photos) / Senator Bassey Albert Wearing Only One Shoe At NASS Yesterday (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PIB: Ben Igbakpa Reacts To Backlash And Disappointment After PIB Passage At NASS by Bluntemperor: 1:41pm On Jul 05, 2021
SecretReporter:
Forget the blackface, we are only deceiving ourselves

You are on point dear me!
We have said it several times,the day the Southerners are United for a common cause,other
Regions will be begging them! But the North uses divide and rule- by giving the Southerners Special Duty Offices,
Ministers ,Board Director to carry our theirs acts.So don't blame the North.
The North can no longer claimed United,since they fail to protect the Plateu State ,Benue and Taraba State with
all the killings there.

1 Like

Re: PIB: Ben Igbakpa Reacts To Backlash And Disappointment After PIB Passage At NASS by LegalWolf: 1:49pm On Jul 05, 2021
Joromi1:
You can only react to get noticed but you'll still submit to the clever Fulani caliphate. Give it to the northerners, they're more united than southerners, and until we get rid of the saboteurs in our midst and learn to reason as one we will always stay below them.

What's your problem with us? Every single thing is seen within the lenses of Northern oppression. C'mon
Re: PIB: Ben Igbakpa Reacts To Backlash And Disappointment After PIB Passage At NASS by LegalWolf: 1:49pm On Jul 05, 2021
He is a good writer, apparently. A nice read
Re: PIB: Ben Igbakpa Reacts To Backlash And Disappointment After PIB Passage At NASS by LegalWolf: 1:51pm On Jul 05, 2021
BarrElChapo:
Lolz.. Long story, no action. Our politicians need to go back and learn how the game of politics is played else they'd also be a the back burner.

How is the game politics played? It's easier said than done. You're spectator and can never know more than the players. I think the write up is an honest assessment
Re: PIB: Ben Igbakpa Reacts To Backlash And Disappointment After PIB Passage At NASS by FreeIgbos: 2:03pm On Jul 05, 2021
I can't believe I read this nonsense epistle, a very poor attempt at saving face!
Instead of trying to use grammar to cover up why not just accept that you guys have been scammed again. How on earth will host communities include far flung places that have no atom of hydrocarbon but because pipelines passed through their community, such rubbish!

Again, you map out a significant percentage for the so-called new frontiers where oil exploration is going on shocked shocked So aside wasting billions of naira looking for non-existent crude oil in the North, we will still pay them?! Interestingly, the so-called new frontiers exist just in the North cry cry

Even as oil is being phased out gradually, one would have expected more vociferous demand for increased allocations for the producers and not this wicked scam.

1 Like

Re: PIB: Ben Igbakpa Reacts To Backlash And Disappointment After PIB Passage At NASS by UnabashedIPOB: 2:03pm On Jul 05, 2021
To my so called South-South brothers and sisters, have you ever asked yourselves why is the gold that was discovered in Zamfara for Zamfara only but yet the oil and gas that's extracted from your GOD given land is for the whole country especially for the FULANI run states? You're only given a very minute portion of it and yet your land is been ravaged and decimated and made uninhabitable. If any of you UNITY beggars and B0K0HARI apologists can reason at all, you would understand that FULANIS regard you as NOTHING but their SLAVES. If not, how can they have the audacity to tell you that the gold in Zamfara is to be used ONLY for the use and development of Zamfara while your oil and gas, which they take a large portion of, is for NIGERIA. How many indigenes of your so called south south have OIL BLOCKS and how many FULANIS have oil blocks? Think about that if you have any sense at all.

2 Likes

Re: PIB: Ben Igbakpa Reacts To Backlash And Disappointment After PIB Passage At NASS by EMMY76: 2:05pm On Jul 05, 2021
Joromi1:
You can only react to get noticed but you'll still submit to the clever Fulani caliphate. Give it to the northerners, they're more united than southerners, and until we get rid of the saboteurs in our midst and learn to reason as one we will always stay below them.

There's absolutely nothing special about the fulani north they're just united in wickedness and oppression of the south nowhere in the whole world can u see is what is happening here in nigeria.

1 Like

Re: PIB: Ben Igbakpa Reacts To Backlash And Disappointment After PIB Passage At NASS by heniford2: 2:07pm On Jul 05, 2021
when you elected unfortunate you end up regretting imagine what was giving to them and some people are rejoicing Already I spit out!!
Re: PIB: Ben Igbakpa Reacts To Backlash And Disappointment After PIB Passage At NASS by CapitalBank: 2:11pm On Jul 05, 2021
slivertongue:
you share the sentiment that u and ur colleagues are a failure, a scam, a rubber stamp
He was just beating around the bush and hiding under veborsities.

I expected him to define that "frontier" states but NO! HE DIDN'T

1 Like

Re: PIB: Ben Igbakpa Reacts To Backlash And Disappointment After PIB Passage At NASS by Vireani79: 2:17pm On Jul 05, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
I agree with you. This are the kind of bills GEJ should have really hard on, and make sure it really favors his people, but he was busy looting.

Abeg make we hear word....the house is rigged to favor the north
no matter who is there as long as the north have the numbers
they will only pass a bill that has their interest

1 Like

Re: PIB: Ben Igbakpa Reacts To Backlash And Disappointment After PIB Passage At NASS by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jul 05, 2021
Vireani79:

Abeg make we hear word....the house is rigged to favor the north
no matter who is there as long as the north have the numbers
they will only pass a bill that has their interest
This is a lie. GEJ could have made sure his party men took the bill seriously. PDP was the majority in the NA back then.
Re: PIB: Ben Igbakpa Reacts To Backlash And Disappointment After PIB Passage At NASS by jcross19: 2:23pm On Jul 05, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
I agree with you. This are the kind of bills GEJ should have really hard on, and make sure it really favors his people, but he was busy looting.
theives calling thrives names, even the bill is a another means to syphoon money and the north still remain the poorest region in the world.
Re: PIB: Ben Igbakpa Reacts To Backlash And Disappointment After PIB Passage At NASS by philasine(m): 2:27pm On Jul 05, 2021
I am highly dissapointed at the Senate caucus from the Niger delta, we have pple like Henry seriake Dickson that while he was governor open his mouth to say anything now you are in the Senate but you can't make a difference, you pple can only be lion to your pple but to the fulanis you ll suddenly become very humble and pretend as if you pple are not aware of the present happening, see river state governor, Woke, if it's to insult president Buhari you will open your rotten mouth with your crocked voice, you pple are there pretending as if you are not aware of this evil when the president will ascent to it then you pple will start making foolish noise. This was the same fight our past leaders from Niger delta fought for resource control you the governors from the Niger delta are there acting as slaves to the fulanis, this bill by interpretation will make many non oil producing state beneficiary of our oil so long there is an oil pipe line that passes through their state

2 Likes

Re: PIB: Ben Igbakpa Reacts To Backlash And Disappointment After PIB Passage At NASS by Montaque(m): 2:28pm On Jul 05, 2021
"One thing is to set aside a frontier fund for the progress of the host communities, another thing is to disburse the funds"

How can frontier funds (set aside for Northern States outside the ND) contribute to progress in the Host communities in the Niger Delta

1 Like

Re: PIB: Ben Igbakpa Reacts To Backlash And Disappointment After PIB Passage At NASS by Vireani79: 2:49pm On Jul 05, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
This is a lie. GEJ could have made sure his party men took the bill seriously. PDP was the majority in the NA back then.

when it comes to bills
it has nothing to do with party but northern interest
so all northerners will align as one to favor the north

1 Like

Re: PIB: Ben Igbakpa Reacts To Backlash And Disappointment After PIB Passage At NASS by eteba(m): 2:59pm On Jul 05, 2021
Thanks for the wonderful presentation, you can now dis-honorably "bow your head in shame".........Thank you.

1 Like

Re: PIB: Ben Igbakpa Reacts To Backlash And Disappointment After PIB Passage At NASS by SenatePresdo(m): 3:34pm On Jul 05, 2021
Joromi1:

How can we get rid of of Saboteurs in the South, and stay United when an average man like you is always supporting North against Igbos.
Re: PIB: Ben Igbakpa Reacts To Backlash And Disappointment After PIB Passage At NASS by skywalker240(m): 3:35pm On Jul 05, 2021
I've said this times without numbers that we as southerners, our true enimies are these idiots that we have representing us, idiots like this one who is even happy with 3%.
Re: PIB: Ben Igbakpa Reacts To Backlash And Disappointment After PIB Passage At NASS by iswallker(m): 3:37pm On Jul 05, 2021
[s]
The Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB) is a significantly protracted Bill. Indeed, I can understand the backlash and disappointment that followed its passage at @nassnigeria. I share the same sentiments and given my inside knowledge; I can express my perspective.

#Thread #PIB
True, the house of Reps passed the bill at 5% allocation for the host communities. But that is not the whole story. In fact, so much of the arguments and back-channel lobbying to get this bill to where it is today can not be exhaustively explained in a summarized form.
Legislation is very tedious, more so, when it concerns resource allocation and revenue appropriation. Lawmakers always try to blur the lines btw the expectations of the people and the reality of interests. Not quite easy when interest is permanent and expectations are undulating.

There are calls for the head of lawmakers from the Niger Delta particularly alleging that we did not do enough to impress the expectations of our people. That would have been a wild guess if I wasn’t aware of efforts put in by factions of the ND caucus in the national assembly.

The past few years have witnessed dramatic changes in the oil and gas industry. Currently in Nigeria, only @TotalEnergies is active across all streams of the oil and gas sector. Many companies are still struggling to operate in a badly affected oil and gas industry.

The focus of the PIB is to serve as a legal framework to decide the obligations of the Oil and Gas companies (including NNPC) and the Nigerian state (especially the host communities). The spelt out obligations also include a responsibility to ensure the survival of the companies.

The PIB is not perfect. No law in the world is perfect. PIB a relatively new pledge for ordering the intersecting affairs of all stakeholders – companies, the Nigerian state, and the Nigerian people. However, the bill has verified the byline of conflicting interests.
There is also the vague definition of “Host Communities”. I have always expressed the need for clarity on this because when a law is difficult to interpret, it leaves loops for technicalities and affords the discretion to misapprehend.

What constitutes a host community is an area I am uncomfortable with.
For many reasons, we all desire transparency in the @NNPCgroup and oil and gas resources development. What is paramount is the conscious development of the Host Communities, especially the ones where there are heavy exploration activities. That is my primary interest.

One thing is to set aside a frontier fund for the progress of the host communities, another thing is to disburse the funds. The burden of provision rests with the Federal Government, which is another grey area that intersects with Federalism. It leaves room for idiosyncrasies.
There is also the aspect of the revenue sharing formulae as determined by the @nassnigeria. In a prior understanding between the 2 legislative houses, 5% was agreed but the @NGRSenate review to 3% has generated a lot of animosities.

Because it is not cast in iron and steel, My hope is that it will be reviewed for concurrence with the resolution of @HouseNGR.
The oil companies also have their concerns as it concerns the percentage bar. They bear the cost and risk of the exploration of petroleum. Therefore, the mandated remittance must be fair to them as they also bear the burden of other regulatory compliance.

We want an industry that is competitive and lucrative for investors (foreign and local).
No denying the chance of influencing investment opportunities. The oil industry is struggling. It is the same globally, whether Qatar or Saudi, there is a compulsion to sustain the interest from investors to include the development of New Basins.

Nonetheless, the PIB is a milestone given the present circumstances. It presents a qualitative opportunity to take a good step forward. Often that is all that is required to start the journey of a million miles. There is going to be a transition in the quantitative benefits.

The law is amendable to show the positive demands from the oil companies and the regulator. While the bill in its current form is indeed not able to fulfil all our desires. But the reality is that we cannot “dictate” our demand through the constituted process of legislation.
I know that we applied our influence to improve the sector and welcome new methods to guarantee our inclusion. At the conference, we will continue to make debates for our people and ensure a harmonized bill that will give us a significant shot at progress, no matter how marginal.

I hope we can find a resolution in the shortest time so we can make progress. The bill in its current form will not settle everything. I have come to terms with that.

But at the table, whatever increases my people’s ability to benefit from what we have been denied is progress. I will always make progress.

Ben Igbakpa[/s]

Thsts why you passed a bill that defines host community as any community that pipeline passes through - so that fulani can take 5% - in addition to 13% for oil exploration in frontier basins - basically fulani territory

Shame on you

1 Like

Re: PIB: Ben Igbakpa Reacts To Backlash And Disappointment After PIB Passage At NASS by StreetFight: 3:43pm On Jul 05, 2021
Joromi1:

Please don't confuse dubious with clever. The Fulani caliphate is dubious, not clever.
Re: PIB: Ben Igbakpa Reacts To Backlash And Disappointment After PIB Passage At NASS by Joromi1: 4:00pm On Jul 05, 2021
SenatePresdo:

How can we get rid of of Saboteurs in the South, and stay United when an average man like you is always supporting North against Igbos.
I don't support either.
Re: PIB: Ben Igbakpa Reacts To Backlash And Disappointment After PIB Passage At NASS by SenatePresdo(m): 4:45pm On Jul 05, 2021
Joromi1:

I don't support either.

Even if you don't support either, you have never said anything good about the Igbos, are we all that bad?

Your comments on anything that has to do with Igbo is always full of hates.
Re: PIB: Ben Igbakpa Reacts To Backlash And Disappointment After PIB Passage At NASS by Joromi1: 5:42pm On Jul 05, 2021
SenatePresdo:

Even if you don't support either, you have never said anything good about the Igbos, are we all that bad?

Your comments on anything that has to do with Igbo is always full of hates.
Another lie.

I don't support doesn't mean I don't mean well for Igbos. And don't forget your brothers have been gloating at Ignogho's sad experience. So if I reply them in kind it doesn't mean I don't wish you well. But I have a natural obligation to defend my people just as you do for yours.
Re: PIB: Ben Igbakpa Reacts To Backlash And Disappointment After PIB Passage At NASS by otokx(m): 6:09pm On Jul 05, 2021
Poor response from my elected representative, too bad there is no Twitter to really engage you on this.
Re: PIB: Ben Igbakpa Reacts To Backlash And Disappointment After PIB Passage At NASS by SenatePresdo(m): 6:27pm On Jul 05, 2021
Joromi1:

Another lie.

I don't support doesn't mean I don't mean well for Igbos. And don't forget your brothers have been gloating at Ignogho's sad experience. So if I reply them in kind it doesn't mean I don't wish you well. But I have a natural obligation to defend my people just as you do for yours.

Ok, let me admit it's a lie. The next time I will quote you will be your next hate comments on the igbos, remember this.

Bro, I can tell you with all the truth in me, Igbo people are sympathetic to Igboho and Oduduwa agitation.

I live in the East, believe me.
Re: PIB: Ben Igbakpa Reacts To Backlash And Disappointment After PIB Passage At NASS by fof1: 9:47pm On Jul 05, 2021
lalasticlala:
Delta state born Hon. Ben Igbakpa, a member of House Representatives representing Ethiope East/Ethiope West constituency has this to say about the passage of the Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB).

Ben Igbakpa

STORIES FOR D gods...Simple, You All Failed Ur People period.
Re: PIB: Ben Igbakpa Reacts To Backlash And Disappointment After PIB Passage At NASS by chaloskyx: 11:40pm On Jul 05, 2021
LOL WHAT BILL ARE YOU REJECTING BILL THATS BEEN PASSES OGA KEEP QUIET JARE AFTER ALL THESE YEARS WHAT HAS THE NIGER DELTA DONE WITH THEIR OIL TO DEVELOP THEIR REGION NOTHING SO RATHER THAN GIVING YOU PPL MONEY YOU WOULD ONLY USE TO DRING OGOGORO AND ROATED FISH WITH BOLI THE NORTH HAS DECIDED TO HELP YOU PUT IT IN GOOD USE AND THERE IS NOTHING I REPEAT NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT AS ASARI TOMPOLO AND CO ARE PART OF THE DEAL YOUR SO CALLED MILITANT LEADERS HAVE BEEN SILENCED
Re: PIB: Ben Igbakpa Reacts To Backlash And Disappointment After PIB Passage At NASS by ddeola: 7:30am On Jul 06, 2021
You have FAILED your people. Dem go treat your f*ckup. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

I no say SS people no dey carry last

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP Convention: David Mark, Saraki Reject Party National Chairmanship Position / Thugs Have Invaded Our Obingwa Local Government Office In Abia State - INEC / SCANDAL: Billions Spent on Faulty Helicopters for Air Force

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.