Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

2023 Presidency: Southern Governors Must Stand Firm Against Tyranny - Afenifere - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Presidency: Southern Governors Must Stand Firm Against Tyranny - Afenifere (9190 Views)

2023 Presidency: Southern Governors’ Position May Alter PDP’s Zoning Arrangement / 15 Out Of 17 Governors Present In Southern Governors Forum Meeting / 2023 Presidency :: Southern Nigerians Come In Here And Suggest Your Candidates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023 Presidency: Southern Governors Must Stand Firm Against Tyranny - Afenifere by bolaayenimo: 7:16pm On Jul 05, 2021
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

Afenifere, pan- Yoruba socio-political organisation on Tuesday said it is in total support of the resolution of Southern governors on the zoning of the 2023 presidency.

Chief Ayo Adebanjo, the national leader of the organisation in a chat with DAILY INDEPENDENT, said Afenifere is in one hundred support of their resolution.

The 17 state governors of the south, under the aegis of the Southern Governors Forum, have unanimously asked that President Muhammadu Buhari’s successor should come from the southern part of the country, irrespective of the political party.
While there has been no formal announcement from the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) and the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) on the zoning formula to adopt, there are feelers the two parties are trying to throw the ticket open to all aspirants from all parts of the country.

However, the Southern governors who gave their stand in a six-point communiqué issued after a meeting at Ikeja, the Lagos state capital on Monday, unanimously agreed that the next president must come from the South in the spirit of equity and fairness.

The communiqué which was read by Governor Rotimi Akeredolu of Ondo state says “The Forum reiterates its commitment to the politics of equity, fairness and unanimously agrees that the presidency of Nigeria be rotated between Southern and Northern Nigeria and resolved that the next president of Nigeria should emerge from the Southern Region”.

According to Adebanjo “Afenifere is in one hundred per cent support of their resolution on 2023 presidency. They have behaved very well and I don’t expect anything less from them. They should stand firm against tyranny and they shouldn’t be afraid of anything at all. I congratulate them for a job well done”.
https://independent.ng/2023-presidency-afenifere-declares-total-support-for-southern-governors-on-zoning/

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: Southern Governors Must Stand Firm Against Tyranny - Afenifere by nairavsdollars(f): 7:21pm On Jul 05, 2021
Let's wait for what Arewa Forum will say

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Southern Governors Must Stand Firm Against Tyranny - Afenifere by joyairemiya: 7:36pm On Jul 05, 2021
Who will Afenifere now support in the south

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Southern Governors Must Stand Firm Against Tyranny - Afenifere by GodIsPerfect(f): 7:41pm On Jul 05, 2021
nairavsdollars:

They must surely have what to say.

11 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Southern Governors Must Stand Firm Against Tyranny - Afenifere by PrinceOfLagos: 7:44pm On Jul 05, 2021
The south must unite more than ever because the north won't give up the presidency so easily

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Southern Governors Must Stand Firm Against Tyranny - Afenifere by Bigflamie(m): 7:48pm On Jul 05, 2021
Then let's give it to east for the sake of equity. Nothing else is acceptable

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Southern Governors Must Stand Firm Against Tyranny - Afenifere by Wichtig: 7:51pm On Jul 05, 2021
Who we need now is someone that can stand on his own, not a push around. No northern stooge.
Capital NO to the likes of hope, Tinubu etc.

Yes to the likes of Akeredolu, Abaribe and maybe nwaike.

No tribe now - the fearless, bold, selfless one that will calm this storm that is struggling to consume everone is needed.

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: Southern Governors Must Stand Firm Against Tyranny - Afenifere by Sunnybay7: 7:58pm On Jul 05, 2021
This government is the most divisive government, it clearly shows how low northerners think of other tribes.

18 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Southern Governors Must Stand Firm Against Tyranny - Afenifere by Obamaofusa: 7:59pm On Jul 05, 2021
Bigflamie:

fulani terrorist.Either of the 2 major tribes but I stay with Yoruba nation wink

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Southern Governors Must Stand Firm Against Tyranny - Afenifere by OfoIgbo: 8:17pm On Jul 05, 2021
Wichtig:
Who we need now is someone that can stand on his own, not a push around. No northern stooge.

No tribe now - the fearless, bold, selfless one that will calm this storm that is struggling to consume everone is needed.

Abaribe, Akerodolu, Kingsley Muoghalu are acceptable.

Wike murdered sleep and cannot be rewarded with the presidency.

Of course people like Tinubu, Hope Uzodinma, must never be allowed near that seat. They are willing to sell their people for power

68 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Southern Governors Must Stand Firm Against Tyranny - Afenifere by nairavsdollars(f): 8:25pm On Jul 05, 2021
Akeredolu and Abaribe i know. Who is nwaike
Wichtig:

9 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Southern Governors Must Stand Firm Against Tyranny - Afenifere by festacman(m): 8:26pm On Jul 05, 2021
Afenifere should stay out this and just allow the Southern Governors do the required REACHING OUT to their peer state governors, party chiefs and other party stakeholders for effective LOBBYING and POLITICKING.

APC is already more disposed to a Southern president. Many key APC Northern politicians are already rooting for Southern president. PDP needs more convincing.

7 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Southern Governors Must Stand Firm Against Tyranny - Afenifere by LibertyRep: 8:28pm On Jul 05, 2021
The only antidote to tyranny is for the people to stand up to their oppressor.

I do not doubt that there are bold and courageous people but I'm afraid there are equally saboteurs who wouldn't mind selling their race for a morsel of poridge.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Southern Governors Must Stand Firm Against Tyranny - Afenifere by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jul 05, 2021
De only language Odua terrorists understand very well is shoot at sight, ###Pythonese language..
4 + 4 = 2029, PMB = Next Level
Haters drink sniper

1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Southern Governors Must Stand Firm Against Tyranny - Afenifere by nairavsdollars(f): 9:24pm On Jul 05, 2021
4+4 =2029...are u sure you are normal?
Lewisjohnson:
De only language Odua terrorists understand very well is shoot at sight, ###Pythonese language..
4 + 4 = 2029, PMB = Next Level
Haters drink sniper

16 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Southern Governors Must Stand Firm Against Tyranny - Afenifere by ItsTutsi(m): 9:35pm On Jul 05, 2021
Lol. The north perfectly knows how to make southerners enemies just like that.. "put a banana between yall, that's gorilla warfare!!"

All these communique are mere rethorics, hyperbole and hot air that's just meant to deceive the south.. they are only playing to the gallery!!

Immediately after the meeting, some of them will turn back to the presidency at the cover of the night and disassociate themselves from whatever bulletin that was issued.. was it not what Wike said at some point!!

Is it PDP that is desperate for presidency that will zone it's ticket to the south, knowing APC will do that or is it Wike that is looking for political survival under Tambuwal presidency that will advocate for a Southerner?? What about Atiku ambition or bauchi governor that just said recently that he will consult !?!?

What happened to earlier ban on open grazing, what has changed!!!

PIB that has already been passed, just waiting for the president approvall.. were the southern governors asleep when consultations were taking place, it looks more like a facade from them, they most have known better

Pa Edwin Clark, that has the number and access to SS legislatures at click of a button is also claiming ignorance

LOL.. southerners are bunch of noise makers, is not by shouting... all these showbizz for the media!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Southern Governors Must Stand Firm Against Tyranny - Afenifere by valentineuwakwe(m): 9:49pm On Jul 05, 2021
This northern people knows how to play the game...they will start sending DSS and EFCC after various aides of the southern governors just to scare them, then come after them....but they know Nigeria is even tired self
Re: 2023 Presidency: Southern Governors Must Stand Firm Against Tyranny - Afenifere by Carparts: 4:29am On Jul 06, 2021
I have this brand new 2019/20 Toyota Hilux side mirrors for urgent sale at N35K. Check my profile for details, thanks!

Mr Moderators please pardon me for posting photo here.

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Southern Governors Must Stand Firm Against Tyranny - Afenifere by samuel19222(m): 4:32am On Jul 06, 2021
Re: 2023 Presidency: Southern Governors Must Stand Firm Against Tyranny - Afenifere by AfonjaConehead: 4:32am On Jul 06, 2021
nairavsdollars:
Who cares about what parasites got to say
Re: 2023 Presidency: Southern Governors Must Stand Firm Against Tyranny - Afenifere by adioolayi(m): 4:34am On Jul 06, 2021
Presidency zoned to the South ONLY....They should ensure they sound this loud and clear at their respective parties.

Any political parties that do not zone her ticket to the South should be boycotted and voted against in the South.

Southern Governors, legislatures and politicians from the South should not support any Northern candidate during parties primaries.

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Southern Governors Must Stand Firm Against Tyranny - Afenifere by Goldencheese(m): 4:35am On Jul 06, 2021
Thank you southern governors. Keep up with these strides. Don't compromise the south o or una go see the anger of southerners.

Enough of slavery in our country.

4 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Southern Governors Must Stand Firm Against Tyranny - Afenifere by geemd434: 4:39am On Jul 06, 2021
Carparts:
I have this brand new 2019/20 Toyota Hilux side mirrors for urgent sale at N35K. Check my profile for details, thanks!

Mr Moderators please pardon me for posting photo here.

You steal am??
Re: 2023 Presidency: Southern Governors Must Stand Firm Against Tyranny - Afenifere by redirect(m): 4:48am On Jul 06, 2021
Better
Re: 2023 Presidency: Southern Governors Must Stand Firm Against Tyranny - Afenifere by Carparts: 4:49am On Jul 06, 2021
geemd434:

You steal am??
No, i didn't steal it. It's my property. I'm not a thief and i don't steal. I bought and imported it myself. Need money urgently today to solve a problem that's why i reduced the price. Normal price is around 65K, but i'm willing to sell it off for N35K. I'm based in Lagos. If you want to buy send me PM and i will reply you with my number. I'm based in Lagos around Yabatech college of technology campus area

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Southern Governors Must Stand Firm Against Tyranny - Afenifere by PAtoGCFR2034: 5:05am On Jul 06, 2021
ItsTutsi:
Lol. The north perfectly knows how to make southerners enemies just like that.. "put a banana between yall, that's gorilla warfare!!"

All these communique are mere rethorics, hyperbole and hot air that's just meant to deceive the south.. they are only playing to the gallery!!

Immediately after the meeting, some of them will turn back to the presidency at the cover of the night and disassociate themselves from whatever bulletin that was issued.. was it not what Wike said at some point!!

Is it PDP that is desperate for presidency that will zone it's ticket to the south, knowing APC will do that or is it Wike that is looking for political survival under Tambuwal presidency that will advocate for a Southerner?? What about Atiku ambition or bauchi governor that just said recently that he will consult !?!?

What happened to earlier ban on open grazing, what has changed!!!

PIB that has already been passed, just waiting for the president approvall.. were the southern governors asleep when consultations were taking place, it looks more like a facade from them, they most have known better

Pa Edwin Clark, that has the number and access to SS legislatures at click of a button is also claiming ignorance

LOL.. southerners are bunch of noise makers, is not by shouting... all these showbizz for the media!!
Re: 2023 Presidency: Southern Governors Must Stand Firm Against Tyranny - Afenifere by osazsky(m): 5:16am On Jul 06, 2021
Bigflamie:
instead of wasting ur time y not focus on ur esn or other things like beheading native Doc...chidima..kanu.. there are better things u can deliberate on and it will keep u busy till after the elections..Good good intesting topics like imo country fighting a civil war in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Southern Governors Must Stand Firm Against Tyranny - Afenifere by Raph82(m): 5:18am On Jul 06, 2021
Wichtig:

My point exactly.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Southern Governors Must Stand Firm Against Tyranny - Afenifere by authority2006(m): 5:32am On Jul 06, 2021
Why can't these old PDP members find one corner to sit down? Always going extreme, always irritating!
Re: 2023 Presidency: Southern Governors Must Stand Firm Against Tyranny - Afenifere by nairavsdollars(f): 5:56am On Jul 06, 2021
You must be a northerners who wants another 8 years of Buhari rule
authority2006:
Why can't these old PDP members find one corner to sit down? Always going extreme, always irritating!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Monguno: Zulum Shares ₦275 Million, Food, Clothes To 90,000 Displaced Families / Nigerians Are Counting On You, Anyaoku Tells Buhari / More Photos Of IPOB Members Allegedly Set Mosque Ablaze In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.