Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,930 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

Gunmen Abduct Unspecified Passengers In Osun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gunmen Abduct Unspecified Passengers In Osun (461 Views)

Lagos Metro Official Addresses Passengers In Yoruba Language (Video) / Train Attack: We Will Start Killing Kidnapped Passengers In 7 Days — Terrorists / Rotimi Amaechi Interacts With Passengers In A Commercial Boat At CMS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunmen Abduct Unspecified Passengers In Osun by goatgoat093: 1:54am On Jul 06, 2021
Gunmen abduct unspecified passengers in Osun

Gunmen on Monday afternoon abducted yet-to-be known numbers of passengers at Odo-Osun around Imesi-Ile in Obokun Local Government Area of Osun State, The Nation has learnt.

It was gathered the commercial vehicle from Ekiti was going toward Ikirun through Ila road when the gunmen waylaid it at Odo-Osun and took passengers to a nearby bush.

A security source told The Nation the gunmen shot severally to force the vehicle to stop before all the passengers were whisked away.
Another source said volunteers of Kiriji Heritage Defenders, Hunter’s group and the police were combing bushes where the passengers were abducted.

The DPO of Imesi Police Station was said to have joined in combing the forests.

The Director-General of Kiriji Heritage Defenders, Dr Ademola Ekundayo, confirmed the development to our correspondent.

He assured volunteers of the socio-cultural group were on the trail of the abductors.

Spokesperson of Osun Police, Yemisi Opalola said: “I have not been briefed. I will get back to you on the matter”.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thenationonlineng.net/gunmen-abduct-unspecified-passengers-in-osun/amp/
Re: Gunmen Abduct Unspecified Passengers In Osun by tafabaloo(m): 1:56am On Jul 06, 2021
Where is Amotekun when they are needed?

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Abduct Unspecified Passengers In Osun by adonis89(m): 2:17am On Jul 06, 2021
I just stay in town these days. Traveling to other states scares me

4 Likes

Re: Gunmen Abduct Unspecified Passengers In Osun by Samade7: 2:32am On Jul 06, 2021
The mumu man (bull-hari) make sure kidnapping is now the most profitable business in town.
Re: Gunmen Abduct Unspecified Passengers In Osun by SmartPolician: 3:40am On Jul 06, 2021
Lots of guns in the possession of non-state actors is a big problem.
Re: Gunmen Abduct Unspecified Passengers In Osun by Illuminatiship(m): 4:43am On Jul 06, 2021
Ok
Re: Gunmen Abduct Unspecified Passengers In Osun by Nbotee(m): 6:10am On Jul 06, 2021
Where all those blaming insecurity in the South East on IPOB, what are U blaming these ones in ur region on especially with d set up of Amotekun
Re: Gunmen Abduct Unspecified Passengers In Osun by Nobody: 6:19am On Jul 06, 2021
adonis89:
I just stay in town these days. Traveling to other states scares me
Travelling across Nigerian highways is one of the most terrifying experiences.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Secession Movement: Dead Before Arrival / Reasoning Behind Southern Governors Demand For Southern President / BREAKING: Senate Approves Buhari’s N2.3trillion Foreign Loan Request.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.