Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,198 members, 7,835,970 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

Why Did The Southern Senators In The House Allow Them Pass The PIB? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Did The Southern Senators In The House Allow Them Pass The PIB? (30718 Views)

Nyesom Wike Receives Orubebe, PDP Senators In Rivers / Crypto Ban: Northern Senators Support CBN, Southern Senators Oppose / Contact Details Of The 109 Senators In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did The Southern Senators In The House Allow Them Pass The PIB? by ceaser: 10:58am On Jul 06, 2021
Those guys don't read. They only go there for plenary and to justify their pay.
Re: Why Did The Southern Senators In The House Allow Them Pass The PIB? by bayelsaowei(m): 11:06am On Jul 06, 2021
codedguy1:

They are all stupid. The southern senators. Is it today that they have known that the north has the advantage in that chamber? Can't they come together and scatter everything so that we can have a justifiable legislature but they keep allowing the north get away with everything because of their numbers.

Is it not obvious now that they can never pass anything on favour of the south as long as the north hold the numbers in the chamber. But because of their myopic sight and selfishness they continue to Bleep all of us in the south when the north gets away with things like this.

Most of our southern leaders, senators, reps and gov are fools.
they are arrant fools..youre correct...all they do is run around for elections so that they secure their seats and enjoy jombo renumeration.. mighty fools they are. They are supposed to be challenging the system in favor of their constituents...how on earth did that bill pass their sight without any form of hard core resistance..

I even expect our freedom fighters in the south south gearing up for resistance against this rubbish bill..

This bill can't fly...it wouldn't..
Re: Why Did The Southern Senators In The House Allow Them Pass The PIB? by emezuo17: 11:09am On Jul 06, 2021
P1PrinceKT:
Na power of d north

You're complaining about 30% oil exploration fund.

Where were you when the North paid all (100%) of oil exploration in South with Northern Wealth .

Most of the times you people are very greedy and selfish.
.Who taught you in school, the North sponsored the oil exploration in the south? Young man, are you aware the south was called oil rich Rivers even before the exploration of oil? are you aware of the rich south and poor north theory of Lord Lugard? i blame the system not you, because if you were to have the same cut of mark with some one from Abia state, i know you would have stopped school at primary six.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did The Southern Senators In The House Allow Them Pass The PIB? by McLizbae: 11:18am On Jul 06, 2021
Coldie:
What do u want southern senators to do in a house where the north is in majority?

Have u ever asked how alot of skewed injustice happened in Nigeria.

Northerner's just gang up and start voting for any rubbish as long as it favours them, and the southern senators can't do anything.

You still need 2/3 of the house to pass anything. Northern senators are not up to 2/3 of Nass. So some southern mofos still joined in passing that bill.
Re: Why Did The Southern Senators In The House Allow Them Pass The PIB? by P1PrinceKT(m): 11:20am On Jul 06, 2021
emezuo17:
.Who taught you in school, the North sponsored the oil exploration in the south? Young man, are you aware the south was called oil rich Rivers even before the exploration of oil? are you aware of the rich south and poor north theory of Lord Lugard? i blame the system not you, because if you were to have the same cut of mark with some one from Abia state, i know you would have stopped school at primary six.

A One cut of mark that was used by different people ?
Even in a community abi?

A one cut off mark from elder brother to be use by all his junior brothers abi?.

If you were chest-beating just that you were good at pidgin(corrupted) English.

Note that Most of your people are educated-illiterates.(Most of them do not even know how many states Nigeria has, most of them cannot read write even in thier own mother tongue )

That's why North will forever rule over you as far as Nigeria is together.

I'm North(the illiterate) I have that power; how can I be ruling the Educateds ?

ARE YOU REALLY THE EDUCATEDS, AS YOU ALWAYS CLAIM?
Re: Why Did The Southern Senators In The House Allow Them Pass The PIB? by sulaak(m): 11:22am On Jul 06, 2021
SANDAT:
The Southern Senators allowed the bill pass through because they used their heads to reason that if more oil is discovered in the North there will be more money for all tiers of Government. That is what matters in this time of lack of funds.

What kind of stupid logic is this?

What have 63 years of oil exploration and production done for Nigeria, yet you want to waste 30% of oil profits on more oil exploration. Invest the profit in education, manufacturing, healthcare, and agriculture and you will see a significant difference in the well-being of Nigerians.
Re: Why Did The Southern Senators In The House Allow Them Pass The PIB? by McLizbae: 11:23am On Jul 06, 2021
P1PrinceKT:
Na power of d north

Where were you when the North paid all (100%) of oil exploration in South with Northern Wealth .

Lols.. Which northern wealth? The nought never had nothing!!! If you need the money for your Ground nut piramids ask the Dangote, Danjumas and Dantatas over there.
Re: Why Did The Southern Senators In The House Allow Them Pass The PIB? by KaluwisxPRO: 11:24am On Jul 06, 2021
ReubenE:

You're right, but what I don't quite understand is if you are trying to develop a reason why the senators are useless in this case.

Lawan can shot down a motion, or overrule a Senator or procedure. But what I can tell you that Lawan cannot and does not have the powers to pass a bill all by himself. You cannot pass a bill without 2/3 majority, which is 73 Senators. The North simply does not have that number.

If Southern Senators don't vote with their conscience because they belong to the APC, then they are only useful to the APC but useless to the people they are representing. Exactly the point I'm trying to raise here.

It is an anathema for Senators to be useless to the people they represent. A political party is below the people in a democratic order.

They are useless to the people because it is rigging that gave them those seats, not whether Lawan is muscling them.
If the people are really the givers of political power which Democracy prescribed, they can't afford to respect Lawan and APC more than the PEOPLE they represent.

They are morons, and nothing less

Senators would have been free to follow their mind and do the will of the people, until this Government started selectively prosecuting only PDP looters. It was either you Join them, or you’re thrown to the wolfs.

This Government singlehanded brought up a sham of a case to remove the justice of the Supreme Court.

Except you are trying to be sentimental, you will agree that this selective prosecution of PDP looters when this admin came into power was the reason a lot of PDP thieves decamped to the APC. Making this Government the worst of its kind to be in romance with not just terrorists, but thieves both past and present.
Re: Why Did The Southern Senators In The House Allow Them Pass The PIB? by michoim(m): 12:00pm On Jul 06, 2021
Gentlerespect76:
When you consider the ratio of southern senators to that of their northern counterparts you would realize that Nigeria is a fraud.
You lied. It is the same. 3 from each state whether north or south...
Re: Why Did The Southern Senators In The House Allow Them Pass The PIB? by sulaak(m): 12:05pm On Jul 06, 2021
SANDAT:
When it suits your interest you talk about middle belt helping to advance your southern interest,. In times of unrest you attack every body from the North on sight as Hausa. Just carry your cross abeg

The South is not killing Middle-Belters and destroying their farms.
Re: Why Did The Southern Senators In The House Allow Them Pass The PIB? by Owologbo(m): 12:19pm On Jul 06, 2021
mrvitalis:

South south taught they could do it alone ...allow us make our choices blah blah blah

This is what their big brothers have been shielding them from since 1975 ...well oil pipe line run through Igbo land n south west too

So they left them to see how national politics is played

Middle belt have been praying n hopening for the kind of protections igbos n partly yorubas give south south from north ( core north ) but no ...while south south wants to play national politics

See if u are not a majority tribe u are not it's the reality of Nigeria honestly
Will you stop all these your rubbish?
how are you protecting SS? Some of you these Igbos talk without sense (if truly you are an Igbo).
Protect yourself before you boast of protecting others ok.
Re: Why Did The Southern Senators In The House Allow Them Pass The PIB? by codedguy1(m): 12:21pm On Jul 06, 2021
somehow:

It has nothing to do with numbers
The numbers from the North alone can't pass any law same with that of the South no matter the number.

There must be sellouts from either side for any bill to pass.

The results we are seeing says which side harbor sellouts.

We are saying the same thing na. Even at that I didn't see or hear any of the ones that are not sell outs vehemently oppose this bill.

Selfish myopic idiots.
Re: Why Did The Southern Senators In The House Allow Them Pass The PIB? by emezuo17: 12:25pm On Jul 06, 2021
P1PrinceKT:

A One cut of mark that was used by different people ?
Even in a community abi?

A one cut off mark from elder brother to be use by all his junior brothers abi?.

If you were chest-beating just that you were good at pidgin(corrupted) English.

Note that Most of your people are educated-illiterates.(Most of them do not even know how many states Nigeria has, most of them cannot read write even in thier own mother tongue )

That's why North will forever rule over you as far as Nigeria is together.

I'm North(the illiterate) I have that power; how can I be ruling the Educateds ?

ARE YOU REALLY THE EDUCATEDS, AS YOU ALWAYS CLAIM?

. Please write in English or better still in hausa, I understand hausa very well. Peace.
Re: Why Did The Southern Senators In The House Allow Them Pass The PIB? by Gentlerespect76: 12:28pm On Jul 06, 2021
Okay Mr Truth. No time for love; we move!

michoim:

You lied. It is the same. 3 from each state whether north or south...
Re: Why Did The Southern Senators In The House Allow Them Pass The PIB? by Gentlerespect76: 12:33pm On Jul 06, 2021
grin grin grin
Abi?? One comedian will always joke that English is not sweet in his mouth.

I move that he comes again in Hausa; it's true we understand that language too grin grin

emezuo17:
. Please write in English or better still in hausa, I understand hausa very well. Peace.
Re: Why Did The Southern Senators In The House Allow Them Pass The PIB? by Owologbo(m): 12:35pm On Jul 06, 2021
P1PrinceKT:
Na power of d north

Where's your proof?
So, there was no coco and palm oil then?
Re: Why Did The Southern Senators In The House Allow Them Pass The PIB? by samwillyco1(m): 12:42pm On Jul 06, 2021
Any bill can be passed once the selfish senators and Rep. Members are bribed.
Re: Why Did The Southern Senators In The House Allow Them Pass The PIB? by Obynolee(f): 12:45pm On Jul 06, 2021
Workch:
I don’t understand why we have senators in the house this bill still got to a significant stage of being passed.

Them use juju pass am? The problem is not the north right now, the problem is the lackadaisical southern senators with selfish interest that won’t represent the will of their people.

Op,once it comes to sharing of money,there is no Christian or Muslim, South or North,politics they said is all about interest, did I hear you say,"the people they represents "?,didn't they (senators) pay for the votes?.
Re: Why Did The Southern Senators In The House Allow Them Pass The PIB? by somehow: 12:48pm On Jul 06, 2021
codedguy1:

We are saying the same thing na. Even at that I didn't see or hear any of the ones that are not sell outs vehemently oppose this bill.

Selfish myopic idiots.

Anything that will stop them from enjoying what they currently enjoy in this settings, I don't and won't support.

Most Nigerian politicians from the South are doing it for their pockets.
Re: Why Did The Southern Senators In The House Allow Them Pass The PIB? by amliftedhigher: 1:05pm On Jul 06, 2021
Workch:
I don’t understand why we have senators in the house this bill still got to a significant stage of being passed.

Them use juju pass am? The problem is not the north right now, the problem is the lackadaisical southern senators with selfish interest that won’t represent the will of their people.
The useless senators don't attend seatings talk of talking in the meeting
Re: Why Did The Southern Senators In The House Allow Them Pass The PIB? by Jorryy(m): 1:36pm On Jul 06, 2021
Srouthern members are ever ready to accept bribe to the detriment of their people.[/quote]

That is why I insists the solution to our problem is not breaking up but having good leadership.
Re: Why Did The Southern Senators In The House Allow Them Pass The PIB? by fxexperts: 1:44pm On Jul 06, 2021
McLizbae:

You still need 2/3 of the house to pass anything. Northern senators are not up to 2/3 of Nass. So some southern mofos still joined in passing that bill.

This is simple mathematics. All northern senators will vote in support of their satanic bill and lobby senators from the middle belt and some from the southwest with promise of cash and oil block leaving the oil producing state to stand alone. So it is the same game the north has been playing all through the existence of this dead shithole contraception called Nigeria. The south cannot unite to pursue common goal after all if the other Non oil producing state in the south join hands to fight the PIB to favour the oil producing state. Then what will be their gain from the oil and proposed bill. So in turn they decided to side with the north with promise of oil wells and cash bonus.

That is the sad reality we are currently experiencing in this shithole.

Previous i use to believe restructuring will work for this dead country. but now with this recent PIB revelation i am more eager than anyone for us the break this shithole called Nigeria.

The Northern politicians are unwise this time around. They just beleive the entire southerners are foolish and they can cheat us a rob it on our faces.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did The Southern Senators In The House Allow Them Pass The PIB? by proxillin(m): 2:02pm On Jul 06, 2021
southern senators have collected money na..pocketers
Re: Why Did The Southern Senators In The House Allow Them Pass The PIB? by LegalWolf: 2:03pm On Jul 06, 2021
Coldie:

Only once in a blue moon do u guys do sth to benefit others, and u always do it in such a way that it will benefit u indirectly

Loooooool, when we keep on pointing instances where we did things selflessly, I’m certain you’ll resort to the useless statement up there. I asked you a simple question and you did not answer. You didn’t even state how NDDC benefitted us indirectly. Sigh!

Your hatred for us won’t get you anywhere in life sha.
Re: Why Did The Southern Senators In The House Allow Them Pass The PIB? by orunto27: 2:22pm On Jul 06, 2021
They are Senators and Rep Members for themselves and not the people they represent
Re: Why Did The Southern Senators In The House Allow Them Pass The PIB? by VEHINTOLAR: 2:22pm On Jul 06, 2021
aribisala0:

The south needs to work on swaying legislators from Kwara, Kogi and Benue
19-3 =16
17+3 =20

That is achieveable with strategy
In 2015 GEJ won Nasarawa so nothing is set in stone

Even Plateau and Taraba can be turned

It won't be that easy or simple and that's because most of the politicians that represent those states you mentioned are either fulanis or their slaves ! I agree with you that to put an end to the undue advantage Fulani's north currently has over the south,middle belt holds all the aces to achieve that.

Middle Beltans must be made to understand that the idea of " one indivisible north" is a fraudulent scheme that's designed to favour only the fulanis. This is a fact that's not contestable; all verifiable evidences are there for everyone to see. If only other governors in that region (middle belt) could be so defiant,resilient, vocal and anti fulani domination like Ortom of Benue state, there would have been,at least,a ray of hope ! The sad reality is that most of these people have accepted to be willing slaves of the fulanis because of selfish political gains,e.g Lalong of Plateau state.

I sincerely hope that southern Governors will continue to forge a common front and speak with one voice as they did in Asaba,Delta and Lagos States recently. Doing so will make it impossible for the enemies of our people and agents of fulanisation to have their evil ways. It is time for a united southern peoples front that will get for our people what rightly belongs to them.

May God bless,continue to guide and give all our Governors in the south the courage to do the people's wills.
Re: Why Did The Southern Senators In The House Allow Them Pass The PIB? by aribisala0(m): 2:29pm On Jul 06, 2021
VEHINTOLAR:

It won't be that easy or simple and that's because most of the politicians that represent those states you mentioned are either fulanis or their slaves ! I agree with you that to put an end to the undue advantage Fulani's north currently has over the south,middle belt holds all the aces to achieve that.

Middle Beltans must be made to understand that the idea of " one indivisible north" is a fraudulent scheme that's designed to favour only the fulanis. This is a fact that's not contestable; all verifiable evidences are there for everyone to see. If only other governors in that region (middle belt) could be so defiant,resilient, vocal and anti fulani domination like Ortom of Benue state, there would have been,at least,a ray of hope ! The sad reality is that most of these people have accepted to be willing slaves of the fulanis because of selfish political gains,e.g Lalong of Plateau state.

I sincerely hope that southern Governors will continue to forge a common front and speak with one voice as they did in Asaba,Delta and Lagos States recently. Doing so will make it impossible for the enemies of our people and agents of fulanisation to have their evil ways. It is time for a united southern peoples front that will get for our people what rightly belongs to them.

May God bless,continue to guide and give all our Governors in the south the courage to do the people's wills.

History does not prove you right.
Historically the middle belt have not always voted for the Fulani not in the first nor the second republic and they voted for Abiola against Tofa
Even in 2015 GEJ had a good showing e.g he won Nasarawa

The main difference is focus.

The Fulani are focussed and organize themselves to achieve their aims for their group not individuals. Whereas across the south leaders want to become godfathers by stealing money .
How many times have the "south" organized their legislators in the National Assembly the way the "north" did last week?
Re: Why Did The Southern Senators In The House Allow Them Pass The PIB? by luluman: 2:44pm On Jul 06, 2021
Workch:

I concur.
Re: Why Did The Southern Senators In The House Allow Them Pass The PIB? by BluntCrazeMan: 3:07pm On Jul 06, 2021
Workch:
u still require 2/3
In that case, there must be properly counted voting process..
And not the case of “The Eyes Have It”.
Re: Why Did The Southern Senators In The House Allow Them Pass The PIB? by HolyTrader: 3:10pm On Jul 06, 2021
Seriously, do you expect selfish people like Senator Remi Tinubu and Co to vote against the Bill when the Former is already seeing herself as the next First Lady of Nigeria. Folks, the earlier the better you realized these people care for no one except their pockets and families. That's the kind of Representatives we have at all Levels - from Local to Federal.
Re: Why Did The Southern Senators In The House Allow Them Pass The PIB? by somehow: 3:17pm On Jul 06, 2021
VEHINTOLAR:

More reason why these leaders you call slaves to Fulani or Fulani won't work with you guys.

You stereotype and condemn them even without knowing them.

You do not even know who they are and from they hail from, yet you have tagged them slaves.

Such people won't work with those who disrespect them. The north hardly disrespect those they seek favor from.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Banky W Wins PDP Rerun Primaries & Reps Ticket For Eti-Osa Federal Constituency / Lagesc Removes Illegal Structures Beneath Cms Bridge / APC Will 'Abduct' Philip Aduda - Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 166
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.