Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,057 members, 7,818,171 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:24 AM

We Record Lecture, Lecturer Seized Phone, Help - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / We Record Lecture, Lecturer Seized Phone, Help (519 Views)

Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall / Ibadan Polytechnic Burnt Seized Phones Worth N15m (Photos) / Lecturer Caught In A Hotel With His Student In Cross River State (photos/video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Record Lecture, Lecturer Seized Phone, Help by Sebastine1994(m): 9:41am On Jul 06, 2021
I know that I used to lie before but this shit is real. I didn't know it was illegal to video record a lecture.

A 100 level student in my class was busy recording a lecture, the lecturer noticed he was been videod and seized the phone. since last semester the man has still not gotten back the phone.

is it really illegal to record a video on your phone, like videoing the black board during lecture to help recalling. I thought we were in a digital generation, if the lecturer wouldn't give us a video recording of his lecture, why can't the students make the video. afterall we are the end consumer
Re: We Record Lecture, Lecturer Seized Phone, Help by OkuFaba(m): 9:51am On Jul 06, 2021
I laff in Chinese...

Who told you we're in digital age,
The world had gone digital but we are still putting modifications on our Analog age..

We're way too far from digital abeg

2 Likes

Re: We Record Lecture, Lecturer Seized Phone, Help by josh123(m): 9:55am On Jul 06, 2021
Some lecturers are way backward and sadist

1 Like

Re: We Record Lecture, Lecturer Seized Phone, Help by Amotolongbo(f): 10:18am On Jul 06, 2021
josh123:
it is illegal to record a person or his activity without his/her consent.

That is not sadism or backwardness.

Can you pick up your phone and start recording a celebrity or super star?
You dare not.

1 Like

Re: We Record Lecture, Lecturer Seized Phone, Help by FBIBOT(m): 11:35am On Jul 06, 2021
He could have recorded just the voice... Taking people's pictures or video without getting permission is illegal anywhere in the world even in developed countries bt his phone should have been returned
Re: We Record Lecture, Lecturer Seized Phone, Help by edoairways: 11:54am On Jul 06, 2021
josh123:
I support the lecturer wholeheartedly. Some students abuses privileges given to them.
Re: We Record Lecture, Lecturer Seized Phone, Help by Hahjascho(m): 1:31pm On Jul 06, 2021
Sebastine1994:
I know that I used to lie before but this shit is real. I didn't know it was illegal to video record a lecture.

A 100 level student in my class was busy recording a lecture, the lecturer noticed he was been videod and seized the phone. since last semester the man has still not gotten back the phone.

is it really illegal to record a video on your phone, like videoing the black board during lecture to help recalling. I thought we were in a digital generation, if the lecturer wouldn't give us a video recording of his lecture, why can't the students make the video. afterall we are the end consumer
Even in that same digital world, videoing someone without his or consent is a bridge of privacy.
Re: We Record Lecture, Lecturer Seized Phone, Help by LordFriar: 1:46am On Jul 10, 2021
A lecturer seized a UG's phone?? Lol .. Which kind secondary school be that one??
Re: We Record Lecture, Lecturer Seized Phone, Help by Drlumi: 10:24am On Jul 10, 2021
Visit the lecturer's office and apologize to him. If he doesn't hand back the phone, explain the issue to the Head of Department. Explain in a remorseful tone as you don't have any rights to claim here.

In most cases, it is illegal to record people without their consent. While there might be no clear laws about this, people are still entitled to their intellectual property. It would have been a different issue if you had informed the lecturer beforehand.

That said, it is in my opinion, an offense he can and should easily overlook. It is not uncommon to find students recording lectures after all. In a worst-case scenario, talk to a senior lecturer like I suggested earlier.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Neco Gce 2021 Practical Agriculture Science Answers / Ngige Did Not Invite Us For Negotiation - ASUU / #Strike: Primary school pupils stage protést in Ile-Ife, OsunAgainst ASUU Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.