Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,766 members, 7,827,840 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

Pls, How Do I Use Firebug - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Pls, How Do I Use Firebug (592 Views)

Help..cant Install Firebug / Mozilla Firebug / Pls How Can I Start A Blog Site? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls, How Do I Use Firebug by newgroom: 9:43am On May 10, 2011
DualCore et al.

Pls, how do I use firebug to debug web application.

A guy to me, my web has issue in:

templa, ipts.js (linje 48)
FXs[toClose[2]][0].toggle();

He then advised I should use firebug, that I will see it.

Please help.
Re: Pls, How Do I Use Firebug by yawatide(f): 10:46am On May 10, 2011
Error msg doesn't make sense to me.

Suggestion:
Post URL of website and indicate steps for us to replicate the issue on our own ends.
Re: Pls, How Do I Use Firebug by Slyr0x: 10:57am On May 10, 2011
Yawa check my thread jor. .I asked a question
Re: Pls, How Do I Use Firebug by Nobody: 11:08am On May 10, 2011
Mehn. . .this one looks like ctrl+shift+J (en firefox) to me. Firebug is for seeing what is happening in DOM
as a result of dhtml (client and server sided + ajax), but this one you posted looks like javascript / json (JavaScript Object Notation)
to me, but since i am only seeing a small part of a scriptlet, i cant really deduce much yet
Re: Pls, How Do I Use Firebug by yawatide(f): 2:18pm On May 10, 2011
@slyrox he he. post link now. You know, there is so much fluff on here that I have since made the "mark as read" button my best friend. Consequently, I know I mistakenly clear out what might end up being quality posts. Sorry about that
Re: Pls, How Do I Use Firebug by Slyr0x: 2:36pm On May 10, 2011
Re: Pls, How Do I Use Firebug by newgroom: 2:54pm On May 10, 2011
@yawa-ti-de or whatever you call yourself, you are so proud with your replies.

Besides read my post again and note my request. I did not ask you to debug for me. Besides, I dont know when nairaland has become yahoomail that you will be marking thread as read, or are u the moderator? empty barrel,
Re: Pls, How Do I Use Firebug by yawatide(f): 3:50pm On May 10, 2011
@newgroom it is so good to know, honestly, that you know me more than I know myself.

In any event, I still stand by my first response to your thread. Sorry if it doesn't meet your standards. I am a very visual person so if you don't show me a URL, I can't see the problem and hence, show you how to debug that problem and future problems. Sorry once again, your highness.

Per the "mark as read", if you read the post well, you will see that I wasn't referring to you but slyrox. If I were to mark all as read then it means I wouldn't have seen your own posting, no b so?
Re: Pls, How Do I Use Firebug by Slyr0x: 3:54pm On May 10, 2011
Newgroom
Relax bruv. .yhu can't learn that way. .
Re: Pls, How Do I Use Firebug by newgroom: 4:54pm On May 10, 2011
My request is simple:

How do you use firebug? Simple English. I only went further so that you will see what I want to use it for and guide in your assistance.
Re: Pls, How Do I Use Firebug by yawatide(f): 8:31pm On May 10, 2011
Simple English?  Hmm, I guess you need to be clearer.

@slyrox: As one elderly man whom I love and trust once told me many years ago, "not everyone needs help. They may say they need help but they don't actually need it"

I'm out
Re: Pls, How Do I Use Firebug by Nobody: 10:10pm On May 10, 2011
newgroom:

My request is simple:

How do you use firebug? Simple English. I only went further so that you will see what I want to use it for and guide in your assistance.
visit google, type "how to use mozilla firebug" and click on the 4th result titled "How to use firebug"

BTW, on this board, we dont do stuffs like that mehn. . . .

(1) (Reply)

Greek Rescue Deal / Is It Me Or Nairalist.com Is Pai? / Have Your Own Website For Just 25k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.