Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,120 members, 7,811,149 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:58 AM

Kwara APC To Punish Lai Mohammed Over Attacks On Governor Abdulrazaq - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kwara APC To Punish Lai Mohammed Over Attacks On Governor Abdulrazaq (17830 Views)

Senate Tackles Lai Mohammed Over N250m Project / PDP Criticises Lai Mohammed Over $500 Million Loan For NTA / Governor Abdulrazaq Visits The $300m Sugar Factory & Farm In Kwara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kwara APC To Punish Lai Mohammed Over Attacks On Governor Abdulrazaq by Islie: 5:48pm On Jul 07, 2021
The ruling All Progressives Congress APC has said it is examining the recent outburst made by the Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed against the Kwara state Governor, Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq, with a view to punishing the minister.

Chairman, Caretaker Committee of the party in Kwara state, Abdullahi Samari Abubakar disclosed this in an interview Wednesday in Abuja.

He said the party may apply disciplinary measures according to its constitution.

The minister had recently claimed that he singlehandedly bankrolled the election of the governor in 2019, accusing Mr Abdulrazaq of biting the fingers that fed him.

However, Samari said: “I still see the Minister as a member of our party. Because he has not formally told us that he is moving out of the party which I doubt if he will go. He is a Minister of the Federal Republic of Nigeria where the APC as a ruling party is running the administration of government.

So I would not think he will want to move out, but from those utterances he made, the party, APC as a structure has guidelines over issues. If we feel that what he said publicly amounts to disrespect or causing acrimony within the party, honestly, we are going to make sure the rules of the party are applied against him and any other person.”

Asked whether the minister will be suspended or expelled from the APC, the Kwara party Chairman said: “Well, there are guidelines like I told you. If the offence is commensurate with suspending him, or any other, definitely the rules of the party are going to apply because nobody is too big to be sanctioned. We want to have sanity in the party.”

The sanction, Samari said will take place “very soon”.

“There are steps according to the party. It has to start from the particular Ward of that fellow. Then, come down to the Local Government than to the state. So, whatever decision is taken at the Ward, to Local government then to state, it will then be forwarded to the national level for ratification.”

The APC chieftain also confirmed that Lai Mohammed had earlier revalidated his membership of the APC in the state.

“There are certain facts that some of you do not know. When the appeal committee came to Kwara, we met with them. There was this allegation that some people were not allowed to register, but mind you, that was wrong.

If you come in then, the rooms were open. It was just that some people were discouraging others not to come out and register. For whatever reason, we may not know. Let me tell you categorically that Alhaji Lai Muhammed as a minister registered. Quote me anywhere. I can show the date he registered.

“He registered at his ward at Oro, Kwara state. You can confirm that from me. The extension of registration is not a new thing. It is not that the Alhaji Lai group or camp has won anything.

Remember that I also authorized a document that the APC national secretariat should extend the registration in Kwara state for at least one week because a lot of people came into the party. And, we just have to allow them as members of the party whereby they will have the equal rights to take part in whatever is going on during the congresses.

“I authored a paper signed under the leadership of the governor who is the leader of the party in Kwara state, that is Governor Abdulrahman urging the national secretariat to please extend the registration exercise for at least a week in Kwara.

If they are now extending it to two weeks, it is not glory to anyone who wants to claim because we requested for that, and I think the national leadership only acted in recognition of our letter.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/07/apc-to-punish-lai-mohammed-over-attacks-on-kwara-governor/

1 Like

Re: Kwara APC To Punish Lai Mohammed Over Attacks On Governor Abdulrazaq by ashlyfab78(m): 5:51pm On Jul 07, 2021
They can't do nada

7 Likes

Re: Kwara APC To Punish Lai Mohammed Over Attacks On Governor Abdulrazaq by KillMNKnow(f): 5:55pm On Jul 07, 2021
Pls. Let us stop fighting amongst ourselves.

#boycott2023 elections in the south

1 Like

Re: Kwara APC To Punish Lai Mohammed Over Attacks On Governor Abdulrazaq by Xscape1993(m): 6:03pm On Jul 07, 2021
What is my own business if the evil party punishes him or not? Is he not one of them?

18 Likes

Re: Kwara APC To Punish Lai Mohammed Over Attacks On Governor Abdulrazaq by Nuelito: 6:06pm On Jul 07, 2021
Fingers crossed... let's watch how it plays out

1 Like

Re: Kwara APC To Punish Lai Mohammed Over Attacks On Governor Abdulrazaq by BruncleZuma: 6:06pm On Jul 07, 2021
Snake no dey swallow em own tail.

3 Likes

Re: Kwara APC To Punish Lai Mohammed Over Attacks On Governor Abdulrazaq by NwaNimo1(m): 6:06pm On Jul 07, 2021

3 Likes

Re: Kwara APC To Punish Lai Mohammed Over Attacks On Governor Abdulrazaq by zeusdgrt(m): 6:06pm On Jul 07, 2021
Their matter nothing concern me
Re: Kwara APC To Punish Lai Mohammed Over Attacks On Governor Abdulrazaq by ArewaNightmare: 6:07pm On Jul 07, 2021
grin TINUBU should come to his rescue nah since old AFONJA is from Kwara and him the latest and upcoming AFONJA is baba burdilon and he said YARRIBAS and FOOLANIS are ONE

12 Likes

Re: Kwara APC To Punish Lai Mohammed Over Attacks On Governor Abdulrazaq by saphiere(f): 6:07pm On Jul 07, 2021
As long as a woman is not given the opportunity to govern this nation, there would be no peace. You can't do same thing and expect different result.

3 Likes

Re: Kwara APC To Punish Lai Mohammed Over Attacks On Governor Abdulrazaq by mosho2good: 6:07pm On Jul 07, 2021
Your husband shouted at you in public during a ceremony because you mistakenly broke the screen of his phone worth #350k.

Surprised by his reaction, a man got up and gave you #500k and ask u to buy a new phone for ur husband in the presence of everyone including ur husband.

The man gave you his phone number asking you to call him in case the money is not enough so he can add more.

��‍♀ *As the ️woman, would you take this money and the phone number from this gentleman?*

�� *As the husband, what would you do in this situation?*

Open debate for all � �

Am coming back there is cold here �‍♀️�‍♀️�‍♀️

6 Likes

Re: Kwara APC To Punish Lai Mohammed Over Attacks On Governor Abdulrazaq by Vyolet(f): 6:07pm On Jul 07, 2021
Lai messed up but there's nothing Kwara APC can do to him..
Re: Kwara APC To Punish Lai Mohammed Over Attacks On Governor Abdulrazaq by LordLugard1: 6:07pm On Jul 07, 2021
Two Muslims fighting, who are mine a suppose infidel to comment?

If na position now they will consider Muslims and kick me out as an infidel

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kwara APC To Punish Lai Mohammed Over Attacks On Governor Abdulrazaq by Authoreety: 6:08pm On Jul 07, 2021
Mtchawww
Re: Kwara APC To Punish Lai Mohammed Over Attacks On Governor Abdulrazaq by Harmony92(f): 6:08pm On Jul 07, 2021
He will lie his way out grin

8 Likes

Re: Kwara APC To Punish Lai Mohammed Over Attacks On Governor Abdulrazaq by SOAG(m): 6:08pm On Jul 07, 2021
cool

Really?
Re: Kwara APC To Punish Lai Mohammed Over Attacks On Governor Abdulrazaq by eherbal(m): 6:08pm On Jul 07, 2021
I hope whipping on his bare buttocks and lying lips will be part of the punishment?grin

1 Like

Re: Kwara APC To Punish Lai Mohammed Over Attacks On Governor Abdulrazaq by BarrElChapo(m): 6:09pm On Jul 07, 2021
Lmao Lai is only relevant in Abuja grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kwara APC To Punish Lai Mohammed Over Attacks On Governor Abdulrazaq by MIMOSAXY(m): 6:10pm On Jul 07, 2021
mosho2good:
Your husband shouted at you in public during a ceremony because you mistakenly broke the screen of his phone worth #350k.

Surprised by his reaction, a man got up and gave you #500k and ask u to buy a new phone for ur husband in the presence of everyone including ur husband.

The man gave you his phone number asking you to call him in case the money is not enough so he can add more.

��‍♀ *As the ️woman, would you take this money and the phone number from this gentleman?*

�� *As the husband, what would you do in this situation?*

Open debate for all � �

Am coming back there is cold here �‍♀️�‍♀️�‍♀️

why not create a topic on this

1 Like

Re: Kwara APC To Punish Lai Mohammed Over Attacks On Governor Abdulrazaq by iamyemiakins(m): 6:10pm On Jul 07, 2021
Abi na Saraki head dey fight back leading to all these confusion in Kwara APC
Re: Kwara APC To Punish Lai Mohammed Over Attacks On Governor Abdulrazaq by mannobi(m): 6:10pm On Jul 07, 2021
That lie genius is too full of himself. He such an ancient person not fit for this generation
Re: Kwara APC To Punish Lai Mohammed Over Attacks On Governor Abdulrazaq by realstars: 6:10pm On Jul 07, 2021
Good News
Re: Kwara APC To Punish Lai Mohammed Over Attacks On Governor Abdulrazaq by neighbourhud: 6:10pm On Jul 07, 2021
ashlyfab78:
They can't do nada

You can say that again

1 Like

Re: Kwara APC To Punish Lai Mohammed Over Attacks On Governor Abdulrazaq by Seniorwriter(m): 6:10pm On Jul 07, 2021
Hehehehehe...
clueless bunch of mofos
Re: Kwara APC To Punish Lai Mohammed Over Attacks On Governor Abdulrazaq by HotPoundedYam(m): 6:11pm On Jul 07, 2021
They want to punish the president's mouth piece

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kwara APC To Punish Lai Mohammed Over Attacks On Governor Abdulrazaq by Whitebeer2k: 6:11pm On Jul 07, 2021
Na woman own go worse pass
saphiere:
As long as a woman is not given the opportunity to govern this nation, there would be no peace. You can't do same thing and expect different result.
Re: Kwara APC To Punish Lai Mohammed Over Attacks On Governor Abdulrazaq by richiemcgold: 6:11pm On Jul 07, 2021
shocked another Tinubu's loyalist is about to go down.
Na like dis e start for osho...
They first knocked him down at home before doin the finishing at abuja.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kwara APC To Punish Lai Mohammed Over Attacks On Governor Abdulrazaq by visijo(m): 6:11pm On Jul 07, 2021
My English is perfect when I am speaking it in my mind, once I open my mouth, I didn't could �

5 Likes

Re: Kwara APC To Punish Lai Mohammed Over Attacks On Governor Abdulrazaq by obembet(f): 6:12pm On Jul 07, 2021
All na scam
Re: Kwara APC To Punish Lai Mohammed Over Attacks On Governor Abdulrazaq by Finnese001: 6:12pm On Jul 07, 2021
O set go grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ADC To Tinubu: FG, Jakande, Johnson & Marwa Built Lagos, Not You / Yusuf Baba-Ahmed: Calling Events At Lekki Toll Gate A Massacre Is Debatable / 2023: Olubadan Denies Endorsing Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.