Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,773 members, 7,831,486 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

The Type Of Busineses We Actually Need In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Type Of Busineses We Actually Need In Nigeria (621 Views)

For Busineses You Can Venture Or Need Business Ideas / Do We Actually Need An RO System? / Why You Dont Actually Need A Benz In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Type Of Busineses We Actually Need In Nigeria by LikeAking: 9:14am On Jul 08, 2021
We need companies that can manufacture the products and brands of other companies and individuals. This will enable the local manufacturing companies make even 10x profit, create more jobs and reduce the number of goods we import. We need to create an economy where people don't need to build a factory in order to manufacture.

Nigeria can manufacture most of what we import, yet we still import those stuffs. We have all the fabrication companies here in Nigeria, but most of them are self centered. They manufacture only their brands because of our beggar they country man attitude aka make only me make am and others should worship me.

We have plastic fabrication companies, metal fabrication companies, etc, yet we are still importing many products from abroad. The Nigerian manufacturing economy must be opend to masses. Plastic Fabrication companies in Nigeria mostly manufacture only their plates, buckets, drums,etc. Just their own brands, even when we dont need them.

Our factories must immediate the smart Chinese and do the needful. They should manufacture the brands of other Nigerian and not just their brands. The new players in the manufacturing industry must also adopt this system.

Nigeria is importing most of what we need cos their are only few players in the manufacturing sector. One factory can manufacture products for thousand of companies, this is the way to go.

Nigeria is were it is today because this is how far our intellectual abilities can take us too. We need to solve the Nigerian problems in Nigeria.

We just have to create a balance between personal interest and national/communal interest.

Nigeria can manufacture.
Manufacture for others.
Re: The Type Of Busineses We Actually Need In Nigeria by ozome15(m): 10:00am On Jul 08, 2021
When one chck the cost of power, tex, getting land to setup factor, cost of getting the equment. My bro is like u have not don biz befor in nigeria.
Re: The Type Of Busineses We Actually Need In Nigeria by anthonyuncle(m): 10:10am On Jul 08, 2021
yes,
nigeria can manufacture.

but the starting and running costs of a manufacturing company in this country is terrible.

you have to assume there is no electricity,
purchase lands at very high cost,
bad/damaged roads that discourage transportation,
inconsistent availability of materials needed,
unnecessary tax from government,
and illegal tax from locals.

these are just a few of the problems encountered on a daily.
Re: The Type Of Busineses We Actually Need In Nigeria by LikeAking: 10:20am On Jul 08, 2021
ozome15:
When one chck the cost of power, tex, getting land to setup factor, cost of getting the equment. My bro is like u have not don biz befor in nigeria.

Go to America, set up a biz and compare with Nigeria.

Even go to China set and confirm.

Setting up a business in Nigeria is easier.

The problem is most Nigerian are not having so much money.

As for light, its even cheaper if you use your own gen.

The cost of gen is a big problem.

Things no too bad for Nigerians.

If companies manufacture for others they will make more money, lots.
Re: The Type Of Busineses We Actually Need In Nigeria by LikeAking: 10:24am On Jul 08, 2021
anthonyuncle:
yes,
nigeria can manufacture.

but the starting and running costs of a manufacturing company in this country is terrible.

you have to assume there is no electricity,
purchase lands at very high cost,
bad/damaged roads that discourage transportation,
inconsistent availability of materials needed,
unnecessary tax from government,
and illegal tax from locals.

The major problem is light.

As for land Nigeria has one of the cheapest lands in the world
Road and etc are stuffs we will conquer with time.

Our major problem is simple, our investors are not having money like their counterparts abroad.

Secondly the Nigerian market (Sales is slow) due to our financial challenges.

If we cut down on imports things will balance a bit.

Things are not too bad as they claim.
these are just a few of the problems encountered on a daily.

Re: The Type Of Busineses We Actually Need In Nigeria by ozome15(m): 10:26am On Jul 08, 2021
LikeAking:

Go to America, set up a biz and compare with Nigeria.
Even go to China set and confirm.
Setting up a business in Nigeria is easier.
The problem is most Nigerian are not having so much money.
As for light, its even cheaper if you use your own gen.
The cost of gen is a big problem.
Things no too bad for Nigerians.
If companies manufacture for others they will make more money, lots.
Cost of aqualing those mechines is the issue
Re: The Type Of Busineses We Actually Need In Nigeria by LikeAking: 10:34am On Jul 08, 2021
ozome15:

Cost of aqualing those mechines is the issue

Na true.

If they are manufactured in Nigeria it will be cheaper and people can also buy on credit.

Thats what our economy should look like.

A reason some big companies should also manufacture certain things we import for other companies.

Manufacturing is not a one man army thing.

We should be able to work into a plastic fabrication companies give them our designs, pay them and get our brands manufactured.

The Chinese us this pattern.
Re: The Type Of Busineses We Actually Need In Nigeria by HRHQueenPhil(f): 1:31pm On Jul 08, 2021
Just lost my job
Don't know what to do
Have only 200,000 naira to my name
My roommate is already acting up so I need to leave here
How do people survive this situation
Re: The Type Of Busineses We Actually Need In Nigeria by LikeAking: 3:16pm On Jul 08, 2021
HRHQueenPhil:
Just lost my job
Don't know what to do
Have only 200,000 naira to my name
My roommate is already acting up so I need to leave here
How do people survive this situation

Babe you will be fine, e no easy, but you will be fine.

If you can get a job, then you can get another one again.

Just apply aggressively.

Please dont invest in any business at this stage, if you do its likely to go down the drain.

Just look for another job, you will surly find a good job in no time.

We are trying to build a continent were jobs will be easy to get.

Lets hope the future will be better.

1 Like

Re: The Type Of Busineses We Actually Need In Nigeria by ozome15(m): 5:49pm On Jul 08, 2021
LikeAking:

Babe you will be fine, e no easy, but you will be fine.

If you can get a job, then you can get another one again.

Just apply aggressively.

Please dont invest in any business at this stage, if you do its likely to go down the drain.

Just look for another job, you will surly find a good job in no time.

We are trying to build a continent were jobs will be easy to get.

Lets hope the future will be better.

My Dear there nothing 200k can do for you now.

(1) (Reply)

Earn 2k, 5k Or 20k On This New Platform, And Withdraw With Opay / Guidelines To Deciding How Much Home Loan You Can Afford / Big Launch; Goodnews To Business Owners And Partners.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.