Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

Unknown Gunmen attack military base in Delta state, Soldiers killed. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Unknown Gunmen attack military base in Delta state, Soldiers killed. (4499 Views)

Gunmen Attack Military Checkpoint In Anambra, 5 Soldiers Killed / Another Security Formation Attacked In Rivers State, Soldiers Feared Killed / More Photos Of Soldiers Killed In Yobe After Boko Haram Overran Military Base (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unknown Gunmen attack military base in Delta state, Soldiers killed. by KEVIND: 12:38pm On Jul 08, 2021
SOLDIERS of the military Joint Task Force, JTF, have locked down Egbema Kingdom, Warri North Local Government Area, Delta State, in the last five days, following an attack and killing of soldiers by suspected hoodlums at a military base in Obodo community, Warri South, a neighbouring local government area of the state.

The blockade by soldiers, which has made it impossible for people to come in or go out of the area since last week, has led to the food crisis in the affected communities with over 200,000 residents trapped.

The people in an SOS through the President of Egbema Leaders of Thought, Elder Edmund Tiemo, to the Chief of Army Staff, and Governor Ifeanyi Okowa, among others, yesterday, said: “We wish to draw the attention of the civilised world to the fact that Egbema people in Delta State are currently facing starvation.

“It is comparable only to what is happening in the Tigray region, where Ethiopian soldiers refused to allow UN peacekeepers and food to get to the civil population.

“While they denied our people food and medical attention, the army moved food to soldiers who guide critical oil facilities in our land.

“They have food, light and medical attention in their facilities in our territory, yet, as if it is not enough punishment that we lack these essential commodities.

“Our appeal, therefore, is to the authorities to open the Egbema Kingdom for life to return while the investigation, arrest and prosecution of the hoodlums can continue.

“Neither the people of Egbema Kingdom nor the people of Warri North agreed to the commission of the crime for which we have been punished.

“In other climes, where crime is committed, security men take time to investigate and bring the culprits to justice with the collaboration of the locals.

“We have been and are being punished for a crime that was committed outside our local government area.

“The background to this crisis is the alleged attacked on a military base station at Obodo in Warri South Local Government Area, where soldiers were allegedly killed by hoodlums.

“Although no official statement on the attack has been issued by the JTF, the soldiers had told passengers on the Benin River and Gelegele axis of the attack, thus justifying the blockade of Egbema since July 2, 2021, when the incident reportedly occurred.

“Before this incident, on June 28, 2021, few kilometres from the scene as the Egbema peacekeepers came under attack by unidentified gunmen, leading to loss of several lives. Thus, the military operatives who were attacked are victims just like the Ijaw in the area were also victims of criminal attacks.

“Therefore, it will be wrong for people who have suffered the same magnitude of losses to be subjected to this horror.

“The fundamental rights of the people to move as entrenched in Section 41(1) of the 1999 Constitution as amended have been clearly violated in the guise of chasing after hoodlums.

“Why on earth should the innocent populace suffer because of the crime of an unidentified few? We cannot agree less with Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe when he asserted that the Nigerian government of President Buhari operates two sets of laws.

“In the North where criminals kidnap, terrorise and kill both soldiers even school children, none of the communities is unduly punished for the crime of the few.

“President Obasanjo introduced it in Odi in Bayelsa State and now it has been taken to a higher level, whereby a whole kingdom of not less than 200,000 people is under siege for over five days consecutively without movement of people and food items.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/07/day-5-jtf-locks-down-egbema-kingdom-over-attack-killing-of-soldiers/

1 Like

Re: Unknown Gunmen attack military base in Delta state, Soldiers killed. by benuejosh: 12:40pm On Jul 08, 2021
That's how this people keep looking for trouble. If Buhari decides to talk to them in a language they understand, they (Children of hate) will start saying it is hate and one sided administration. Why will you go and kill people and not just people, military men who are there to protect you. Does it make sense?

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Unknown Gunmen attack military base in Delta state, Soldiers killed. by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jul 08, 2021
Noted
Re: Unknown Gunmen attack military base in Delta state, Soldiers killed. by Kingpin1000: 1:01pm On Jul 08, 2021
benuejosh:
That's how this people keep looking for trouble. If Buhari decides to talk to them in a language they understand, they (Children of hate) will start saying it is hate and one sided administration. Why will you go and kill people and not just people, military men who are there to protect you. Does it make sense?
You think Buhari is God. Be dreaming, before you know what's up 2023 will be by the corner. After 2023 you will start wailing. Na finishing from every corner. A southern president is coming and you will see nepotism, the way we are seeing it.

28 Likes

Re: Unknown Gunmen attack military base in Delta state, Soldiers killed. by Sunnybay7: 1:15pm On Jul 08, 2021
This country is just drowning daily
Re: Unknown Gunmen attack military base in Delta state, Soldiers killed. by benuejosh: 1:19pm On Jul 08, 2021
Kingpin1000:

You think Buhari is God. Be dreaming, before you know what's up 2023 will be by the corner. After 2023 you will start wailing. Na finishing from every corner. A southern president is coming and you will see nepotism, the way we are seeing it.
cry me a river. Who will wail? Definitely not me. I don't have a problem with any region. Spent a good number of time in the south west - Ekiti precisely. And I love there and the people from there. Have been to a couple of places, I am an inlaw to a great family in Imo State, my closest friend from childhood is from Akwa Ibom, my "bae" is from Anambra. So I don't have any hate for any region rather I hate people's uncivilized attitude be you from any region. So I won't wail. If you do bad, I go talk, if you do good I go support. But to make you happy, Buhari is staying till 2023.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Unknown Gunmen attack military base in Delta state, Soldiers killed. by FreeIgbos: 1:23pm On Jul 08, 2021
SMH. Soldiers are killed in North with reckless abandon yet no community is attacked or residents made to suffer or die because of it, but once a similar incident happens in the South, they bring hell to the community where it occurred.

Two set of laws for different sections of the country!!

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unknown Gunmen attack military base in Delta state, Soldiers killed. by velocity25(m): 1:51pm On Jul 08, 2021
Everyday soldiers are killed by bandits in NE/NW yet you will hear army attacking/ransacking communities,why southern Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Unknown Gunmen attack military base in Delta state, Soldiers killed. by joe54: 1:59pm On Jul 08, 2021
Send these IPOB miscreants to hell. These are peoples Fathers, brothers, friends, husbands. JEHOVAH protect our gallant soldiers

1 Like

Re: Unknown Gunmen attack military base in Delta state, Soldiers killed. by hammerDK: 2:04pm On Jul 08, 2021
NO SOLDIER WAS KILLED. ABI WARRI FOLLOW FOR UNKNOWN GUN MAN?

ARMY JUST WANT TO DEAL WITH WARRI PEOPLE OVER LAST YEAR KILLING OF SOLDIER BY YOUTH.

ARMY NEVER FORGET.

1 Like

Re: Unknown Gunmen attack military base in Delta state, Soldiers killed. by misano(m): 2:08pm On Jul 08, 2021
benuejosh:

Now that they are disturbing people from going about their normal business, how will that solve the problem. The two parties have done wrong & never will I take side with military, government or the people.
Re: Unknown Gunmen attack military base in Delta state, Soldiers killed. by AntiBMC(m): 2:12pm On Jul 08, 2021
*chewing a chewing stick*
Una good morning o.
Re: Unknown Gunmen attack military base in Delta state, Soldiers killed. by prince4pro2: 2:13pm On Jul 08, 2021
Kem Kem
Re: Unknown Gunmen attack military base in Delta state, Soldiers killed. by AntiBMC(m): 2:16pm On Jul 08, 2021
Now everyone can see that the Fulani govt nd it's soldiers have ill intentions towards the south.
All these military action is to intimidate and cower us into submission so they can get away with whatever they want.

3 Likes

Re: Unknown Gunmen attack military base in Delta state, Soldiers killed. by Fahdiga(m): 2:18pm On Jul 08, 2021
Why blocking roads and denying people from moving freely

1 Like

Re: Unknown Gunmen attack military base in Delta state, Soldiers killed. by BanevsJoker(m): 2:32pm On Jul 08, 2021
Shebi una talk say Delta no be Igbo. Make every man carry him cross abeg.

2 Likes

Re: Unknown Gunmen attack military base in Delta state, Soldiers killed. by ejanla077: 2:36pm On Jul 08, 2021
benuejosh:
cry me a river. Who will wail? Definitely not me. I don't have a problem with any region. Spent a good number of time in the south west - Ekiti precisely. And I love there and the people from there. Have been to a couple of places, I am an inlaw to a great family in Imo State, my closest friend from childhood is from Akwa Ibom, my "bae" is from Anambra. So I don't have any hate for any region rather I hate people's uncivilized attitude be you from any region. So I won't wail. If you do bad, I go talk, if you do good I go support. But to make you happy, Buhari is staying till 2023.

Even ur mother is from rivers and ur grandfather is from ondo

6 Likes

Re: Unknown Gunmen attack military base in Delta state, Soldiers killed. by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jul 08, 2021
KEVIND:
SOLDIERS of the military Joint Task Force, JTF, have locked down Egbema Kingdom, Warri North Local Government Area, Delta State, in the last five days, following an attack and killing of soldiers by suspected hoodlums at a military base in Obodo community, Warri South, a neighbouring local government area of the state.

The blockade by soldiers, which has made it impossible for people to come in or go out of the area since last week, has led to the food crisis in the affected communities with over 200,000 residents trapped.

The people in an SOS through the President of Egbema Leaders of Thought, Elder Edmund Tiemo, to the Chief of Army Staff, and Governor Ifeanyi Okowa, among others, yesterday, said: “We wish to draw the attention of the civilised world to the fact that Egbema people in Delta State are currently facing starvation.

“It is comparable only to what is happening in the Tigray region, where Ethiopian soldiers refused to allow UN peacekeepers and food to get to the civil population.

“While they denied our people food and medical attention, the army moved food to soldiers who guide critical oil facilities in our land.

“They have food, light and medical attention in their facilities in our territory, yet, as if it is not enough punishment that we lack these essential commodities.

“Our appeal, therefore, is to the authorities to open the Egbema Kingdom for life to return while the investigation, arrest and prosecution of the hoodlums can continue.

“Neither the people of Egbema Kingdom nor the people of Warri North agreed to the commission of the crime for which we have been punished.

“In other climes, where crime is committed, security men take time to investigate and bring the culprits to justice with the collaboration of the locals.

“We have been and are being punished for a crime that was committed outside our local government area.

“The background to this crisis is the alleged attacked on a military base station at Obodo in Warri South Local Government Area, where soldiers were allegedly killed by hoodlums.

“Although no official statement on the attack has been issued by the JTF, the soldiers had told passengers on the Benin River and Gelegele axis of the attack, thus justifying the blockade of Egbema since July 2, 2021, when the incident reportedly occurred.

“Before this incident, on June 28, 2021, few kilometres from the scene as the Egbema peacekeepers came under attack by unidentified gunmen, leading to loss of several lives. Thus, the military operatives who were attacked are victims just like the Ijaw in the area were also victims of criminal attacks.

“Therefore, it will be wrong for people who have suffered the same magnitude of losses to be subjected to this horror.

“The fundamental rights of the people to move as entrenched in Section 41(1) of the 1999 Constitution as amended have been clearly violated in the guise of chasing after hoodlums.

“Why on earth should the innocent populace suffer because of the crime of an unidentified few? We cannot agree less with Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe when he asserted that the Nigerian government of President Buhari operates two sets of laws.

“In the North where criminals kidnap, terrorise and kill both soldiers even school children, none of the communities is unduly punished for the crime of the few.

“President Obasanjo introduced it in Odi in Bayelsa State and now it has been taken to a higher level, whereby a whole kingdom of not less than 200,000 people is under siege for over five days consecutively without movement of people and food items.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/07/day-5-jtf-locks-down-egbema-kingdom-over-attack-killing-of-soldiers/
See the kin nonsense still happening in Nigeria in year 2021AD.

Chai!!
Re: Unknown Gunmen attack military base in Delta state, Soldiers killed. by OssyMalik: 2:40pm On Jul 08, 2021
Oya Zombies should blame Nnamdi Kanu.

Ndi ara

1 Like

Re: Unknown Gunmen attack military base in Delta state, Soldiers killed. by HopeSpencer: 2:42pm On Jul 08, 2021
naijapips02:

They will kill you ozu. And we will clap for them. Ozu rere ere.

You no go sip your cow urine in peace, u com come thinking a cow too should have opinion on internet.

11 cut off mark got you into high school...you think you can argue with people who scored 150 and above. Asiwere.

1 Like

Re: Unknown Gunmen attack military base in Delta state, Soldiers killed. by NAIJAilliterate: 2:57pm On Jul 08, 2021
benuejosh:

At least Eastern security network does not kill their own people look at the Bandits how many of their own people they have killed
Re: Unknown Gunmen attack military base in Delta state, Soldiers killed. by lastempero: 3:05pm On Jul 08, 2021
joe54:
Send these IPOB miscreants to hell. These are peoples Fathers, brothers, friends, husbands. JEHOVAH protect our gallant soldiers

U forgot to write government bandits. Stupid people full this nairaland. So what happens to those soldiers they murder like chicken up north every now and then?
Re: Unknown Gunmen attack military base in Delta state, Soldiers killed. by vasel15: 3:09pm On Jul 08, 2021
benuejosh:

Shame on you benue boy still suppporting fulanis

2 Likes

Re: Unknown Gunmen attack military base in Delta state, Soldiers killed. by NgwalandGunzmen(m): 3:16pm On Jul 08, 2021
benuejosh:

Shut up there, Inlaw in South east kill you there, If I see anyone of your type in my region, I will personally kill you. Animal lying shiit.

5 Likes

Re: Unknown Gunmen attack military base in Delta state, Soldiers killed. by NgwalandGunzmen(m): 3:17pm On Jul 08, 2021
vasel15:

Shame on you benue boy still suppporting fulanis

The hediot is a slave for life just like the coward Gowon that Fulanis are presently in control of his village..Spit on their heads.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos To Support 5,000 Mothers In Mother, Infant And Child (M.I.C.H) Initiative / Picture Of Atiku Abubakar Rearing Fowls Emerge Online / Biggest Government Scandal In Nigeria: Lets See How They Would Survive This:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.