Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,103 members, 7,814,871 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:32 PM

How To Root My Device? Need Some Help..... - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Root My Device? Need Some Help..... (475 Views)

7 Reasons Why I Uninstalled WhatsApp From My Device, And You Should Too / Top 7 Reasons To Root Your Android Phone, N0 4 Tho / How To Root Tecno K7 Spark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Root My Device? Need Some Help..... by Mangekyo: 2:29pm On Jul 08, 2021
I'm currently in need of help on how to go about rooting my device.
A month ago, I made some research on XDA website and threads and finally decided to root using magisk. I watched some practical videos and even downloaded them down to my pc. I thought I was good to go. I unlocked the bootloader using adb and then proceeded with the operation. Well to cut the long story short, I ended up soft bricking my device.

It turned on but it didn't go past the logo before restarting again, plus I couldn't boot it into fastboot. It would turn on and then show "my bootloader is unlocked blah blah..." and then turn off again in the next few seconds and then then restarts again. Over and over and over, it was in a bootloop, I think.

Well I took off the next day to a phone repairer. He charged me 4k for it and told me that it was 50/50 something. That there's a possibility that if he proceeds to helping me getting it back on track, it won't turn on again (hard brick). I told him to proceed with it. He said he needed to download some files specific for my phone which he didn't have, and I should return the next day.

I returned and then found my phone finally working.

Seeing that he was able to repair it, I told him to attemp rooting it for me since I couldn't. He said he'll give it to a buddy of his. He took it to him and assured me that he'll go retrieve it once he's done. One hour passed, he left and returned few minutes later. The phone was still unrooted. Apparently the buddy of his who I think claims to be an expert couldn't root shit. I left in disappointment although still happy my phone was now finally back.

Well I haven't given up, I still want to root it. Is there a safe way to root without any risk of bricking the device? Pls I need help.

Ps : my device is infinix
Re: How To Root My Device? Need Some Help..... by Jacku: 2:44pm On Jul 08, 2021
Mangekyo:
I'm currently in need of help on how to go about rooting my device.
A month ago, I made some research on XDA website and threads and finally decided to root using magisk. I watched some practical videos and even downloaded them down to my pc. I thought I was good to go. I unlocked the bootloader using adb and then proceeded with the operation. Well to cut the long story short, I ended up soft bricking my device.

It turned on but it didn't go past the logo before restarting again, plus I couldn't boot it into fastboot. It would turn on and then show "my bootloader is unlocked blah blah..." and then turn off again in the next few seconds and then then restarts again. Over and over and over, it was in a bootloop, I think.

Well I took off the next day to a phone repairer. He charged me 4k for it and told me that it was 50/50 something. That there's a possibility that if he proceeds to helping me getting it back on track, it won't turn on again (hard brick). I told him to proceed with it. He said he needed to download some files specific for my phone which he didn't have, and I should return the next day.

I returned and then found my phone finally working.

Seeing that he was able to repair it, I told him to attemp rooting it for me since I couldn't. He said he'll give it to a buddy of his. He took it to him and assured me that he'll go retrieve it once he's done. One hour passed, he left and returned few minutes later. The phone was still unrooted. Apparently the buddy of his who I think claims to be an expert couldn't root shit. I left in disappointment although still happy my phone was now finally back.

Well I haven't given up, I still want to root it. Is there a safe way to root without any risk of bricking the device? Pls I need help.

Ps : my device is infinix
you better be careful o so you won't hardbrick it.
Re: How To Root My Device? Need Some Help..... by Mangekyo: 2:47pm On Jul 08, 2021
Jacku:
you better be careful o so you won't hardbrick it.

Yh exactly what I'm afraid of. Probably why I'm asking if there's a safe way to go about it
Re: How To Root My Device? Need Some Help..... by Badmusthomas(m): 2:48pm On Jul 08, 2021
Anything outside KingRoot my hand no dey
Re: How To Root My Device? Need Some Help..... by Goldbw122(m): 2:50pm On Jul 08, 2021
Why do you want to root your device, and it is very risky to root your device you understand that sha?
Re: How To Root My Device? Need Some Help..... by Mangekyo: 2:57pm On Jul 08, 2021
Goldbw122:
Why do you want to root your device, and it is very risky to root your device you understand that sha?

By saying "risky" do you mean bricking the device? Or they're many other risks that comes with it?
Or maybe you meant disadvantages or rooting....
Re: How To Root My Device? Need Some Help..... by Mangekyo: 2:58pm On Jul 08, 2021
Badmusthomas:
Anything outside KingRoot my hand no dey

Is kingroot safe? Wanted to stay off these one click root apps sha
Re: How To Root My Device? Need Some Help..... by Goldbw122(m): 3:00pm On Jul 08, 2021
Mangekyo:

By saying "risky" do you mean bricking the device? Or they're many other risks that comes with it?
Or maybe you meant disadvantages or rooting....
Rooting can go wrong and turn your phone into a useless brick. Thoroughly research how to root your phone. ...
You will void your warranty. ...
Your phone is more vulnerable to malware and hacking. ...
Some rooting apps are malicious. ...
You might lose access to high security apps.
Re: How To Root My Device? Need Some Help..... by Jacku: 3:03pm On Jul 08, 2021
Mangekyo:

Yh exactly what I'm afraid of. Probably why I'm asking if there's a safe way to go about it
why do you need to root your phone anyway?
Re: How To Root My Device? Need Some Help..... by Priapus69: 3:14pm On Jul 08, 2021
Flash a custom recovery, then use the custom recovery to flash magisk. You can check XDA for generic custom recovery like TWRP.
What's the name of Infinix device you use? Lemme see if I can search for the appropriate flash able zips
Re: How To Root My Device? Need Some Help..... by Mangekyo: 4:48pm On Jul 08, 2021
Jacku:
why do you need to root your phone anyway?

Im using a 1gb ram phone (for now). It doesn't allow me to even multitastk between two apps as a result of apps always running in the background. Perhaps if I'm able to stop those shitty apps and free up space, I'll be able to free up more ram memory and increase my battery life too
Re: How To Root My Device? Need Some Help..... by Mangekyo: 4:49pm On Jul 08, 2021
Priapus69:
Flash a custom recovery, then use the custom recovery to flash magisk. You can check XDA for generic custom recovery like TWRP.
What's the name of Infinix device you use? Lemme see if I can search for the appropriate flash able zips

Wow thanks sir.
I'm using infinix smart 3 X5516B
Re: How To Root My Device? Need Some Help..... by Priapus69: 6:14pm On Jul 08, 2021
Mangekyo:

Wow thanks sir.
I'm using infinix smart 3 X5516B
https://www.getdroidpro.com/twrp-recovery-on-your-smartphone/

https://www.getdroidpro.com/root-infinix-smart-3-x5516b-with-magisk/

Either of these methods should work fine.

Remember to always have a stock ROM of your device in case you miss a step.
After rooting create a Nandroid backup of the ROM for safe keeping.
Re: How To Root My Device? Need Some Help..... by Mangekyo: 7:17pm On Jul 08, 2021
Priapus69:

https://www.getdroidpro.com/twrp-recovery-on-your-smartphone/

https://www.getdroidpro.com/root-infinix-smart-3-x5516b-with-magisk/

Either of these methods should work fine.

Remember to always have a stock ROM of your device in case you miss a step.
After rooting create a Nandroid backup of the ROM for safe keeping.

The second link was the step I followed earlier that got me bricked. Maybe it's because I didn't have TWRP installed, right?
I'll do them tonight. Thanks man, I really appreciate kiss
Re: How To Root My Device? Need Some Help..... by Priapus69: 8:14pm On Jul 08, 2021
Mangekyo:

The second link was the step I followed earlier that got me bricked. Maybe it's because I didn't have TWRP installed, right?
I'll do them tonight. Thanks man, I really appreciate kiss

To flash any file via recovery, you'd need to replace the stock recovery with a custom one like TWRP or even OrangeFox
Re: How To Root My Device? Need Some Help..... by Jacku: 6:27am On Jul 09, 2021
Mangekyo:

Im using a 1gb ram phone (for now). It doesn't allow me to even multitastk between two apps as a result of apps always running in the background. Perhaps if I'm able to stop those shitty apps and free up space, I'll be able to free up more ram memory and increase my battery life too
hmmmm.... So rooting allows one achieve all these?
Re: How To Root My Device? Need Some Help..... by OneKinGuy(m): 7:44am On Jul 09, 2021
what you should do is to download your phone stock rom and sp flash tool. Then reflash your phone.
https://firmwarefile.com/infinix-smart-3-x5516b

Then if you still want to root, you should find a working TWRP Recovery for your phone. there is also this auto TWRP porter tool(look it up) to automatically port one for device. Once u get a working TWRP, flash it with Sp flash tool(look it up).
Flashing custom recovery on MTK phones nowadays doesn't work well.
Re: How To Root My Device? Need Some Help..... by scarycuteface(m): 12:40pm On Jul 10, 2021
Just don't root it, simple wink
Re: How To Root My Device? Need Some Help..... by Mangekyo: 3:33pm On Jul 10, 2021
OneKinGuy:
what you should do is to download your phone stock rom and sp flash tool. Then reflash your phone.

Then if you still want to root, you should find a working TWRP Recovery for your phone. there is also this auto TWRP porter tool(look it up) to automatically port one for device. Once u get a working TWRP, flash it with Sp flash tool(look it up).

There's no TWRP available for my device yet idk why
Re: How To Root My Device? Need Some Help..... by Mangekyo: 3:34pm On Jul 10, 2021
OneKinGuy:

I have my stock ROM in my pc already. What do I do with it?
Re: How To Root My Device? Need Some Help..... by OneKinGuy(m): 3:47pm On Jul 10, 2021
Mangekyo:

I have my stock ROM in my pc already. What do I do with it?
follow the link I sent. There is a guide on how to flash it.
Re: How To Root My Device? Need Some Help..... by Mangekyo: 3:48pm On Jul 10, 2021
OneKinGuy:

follow the link I sent. There is a guide on how to flash it.

Okay, that should like factory reset it right?

Also, I don't think there's TWRP recovery for my phone yet. I've checked the list of phones that it's available on their website and so far the only infinix phone that has twrp is hot 2

(1) (Reply)

SOLD: Ipad (7th Generation), 3/32gb / Where Can I Get Redmi 9a In Ilorin / For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.