Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,362 members, 7,826,425 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

Airlines Must Refund 100% Airfares To Passengers After Two-hour Delay –FG - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Airlines Must Refund 100% Airfares To Passengers After Two-hour Delay –FG (15954 Views)

Airfares To UK, US, Others Jump By 55% / Saudi Cancels Visa Of Air Peace's 264 Passengers After Arriving In Jeddah / Ibom Air Celebrate 500,000 Passengers After 23 Months Of Operation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Airlines Must Refund 100% Airfares To Passengers After Two-hour Delay –FG by Marvieduke(f): 6:33pm On Jul 08, 2021
Sincerely I support this motive because me I don't like cheating in business transactions.
Re: Airlines Must Refund 100% Airfares To Passengers After Two-hour Delay –FG by sylve11: 6:33pm On Jul 08, 2021
Every rule imposed to affect one negatively, affects another positively.

Anyhow them do am, we dey. I have no time blaming airlines for delays in getting flights ready on time neither do I have time blaming the passengers screaming on top their voices when scheduled airlines aren't ready for takeoff. cool

1 Like

Re: Airlines Must Refund 100% Airfares To Passengers After Two-hour Delay –FG by paddyofboss(m): 6:33pm On Jul 08, 2021
Nothing works in Nigeria. Young people plz japa

1 Like

Re: Airlines Must Refund 100% Airfares To Passengers After Two-hour Delay –FG by Mummyfour(f): 6:34pm On Jul 08, 2021
No be to talk the talk be the thing o, na to do the talk.
Nigerian airlines are just glorified molue bus stand.
Re: Airlines Must Refund 100% Airfares To Passengers After Two-hour Delay –FG by samguru(m): 6:34pm On Jul 08, 2021
IBOM Air and Medview shey una don hear?
Re: Airlines Must Refund 100% Airfares To Passengers After Two-hour Delay –FG by DonUmeh(m): 6:35pm On Jul 08, 2021
Hope the NASS can pass it as a law.
All these delays by air lines would stop.
Re: Airlines Must Refund 100% Airfares To Passengers After Two-hour Delay –FG by HitRun(m): 6:36pm On Jul 08, 2021
Some of these delays are caused by airlines trying to optimize to remain afloat. While this directive is welcomed to protect passengers, the adverse effect may be an increase in fares.

1 Like

Re: Airlines Must Refund 100% Airfares To Passengers After Two-hour Delay –FG by vasel15: 6:42pm On Jul 08, 2021
Laws don't work in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Airlines Must Refund 100% Airfares To Passengers After Two-hour Delay –FG by temptnow: 6:45pm On Jul 08, 2021
I didn't know Arik is a dying company that has only 3 planes in Nigeria.

Last week they cancelled my flight at the last minute. I was to travel from Abuja - Port Harcourt by 2pm, they said we should wait that a plane has to come from Lagos to take passengers from Abuja back to Lagos then come back to take us to PHC. So they rescheduled our flight to 5pm. Around 4:45pm they made announcement that the flight has been cancelled.

Now I want a refund, they gave me a form to fill and it will take 40 working days to get my money.

If you want to have peace of mind,stay away from Arik.

My girlfriend warned me that they will cancel the flight but I thought she was just exaggerating, and then they prove her right.

1 Like

Re: Airlines Must Refund 100% Airfares To Passengers After Two-hour Delay –FG by KazikageSama: 7:06pm On Jul 08, 2021
This is a good one.
Re: Airlines Must Refund 100% Airfares To Passengers After Two-hour Delay –FG by cmecproblem(m): 7:10pm On Jul 08, 2021
No specific punishment for flight cancellation. So airline will refund and cancel the flight...sell tickets next day. Who lose?
Re: Airlines Must Refund 100% Airfares To Passengers After Two-hour Delay –FG by Chicastle: 7:11pm On Jul 08, 2021
Flight cancellations and delay is caused by operational reasons. It could be weather. But what's the operational reasons nah that one I nor know

2 Likes

Re: Airlines Must Refund 100% Airfares To Passengers After Two-hour Delay –FG by cmecproblem(m): 7:13pm On Jul 08, 2021
Fund Airlines... Support them. I don't think delays are intentional. Even weather conditions cause delays.

1 Like

Re: Airlines Must Refund 100% Airfares To Passengers After Two-hour Delay –FG by 0taPiaPia(m): 7:20pm On Jul 08, 2021
Why wasn't this law made earlier. Arik air delayed me and some friends for 4 hours last year that I nearly left angrily since I can't back up my next line of action with existent laws. sad
Re: Airlines Must Refund 100% Airfares To Passengers After Two-hour Delay –FG by captain247: 7:21pm On Jul 08, 2021
If there is already an existing law on this then this is a good initiative Airline operations regarding time schedule since this year has been by chance and luck. They keep changing the departure time and it's so not convenient for people.
Re: Airlines Must Refund 100% Airfares To Passengers After Two-hour Delay –FG by Contango(m): 7:26pm On Jul 08, 2021
A welcome development!!!

That was how Azman held my money for 4 weeks after a cancelled flight. I discovered Airpeace and other airlines operate similar refund policies....what wickedness with impunity!!! I wonder what would have happed if I did not have money to quickly travel by road to a neighbouring airport.

I think immediate refund will enable them optimize their airline operations properly because it is this 28days refund policy that is making them lackadaisical and inefficient.
Re: Airlines Must Refund 100% Airfares To Passengers After Two-hour Delay –FG by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jul 08, 2021
Good one our airlines behave like motor park touts.
Re: Airlines Must Refund 100% Airfares To Passengers After Two-hour Delay –FG by nedekid: 7:29pm On Jul 08, 2021
Airlines in naija operate under challenging circumstances. Most times delay is beyond their control. Vip movement in eg Abuja can delay you flight from Lagos for hours.) meanwhile the Vip is still brushing his teeth at home). Weather nko. So many others.
So an airline that was delayed by eg vip movement will now have to refund after 2 hours or give refreshment due to no fault of theirs?
All these aboki ministers sef, is this not the same minister of aviation that cannot set up, much more run a national carrier? You cannot, but convinently you can "regulate", private businessmen that use their money to set up airline? undecided how the heck student weh no know book de teach his teacher?
Which airline will just for the fun of it delay passengers? A plane is only profitable when it is in the air and not idle on ground.

2 Likes

Re: Airlines Must Refund 100% Airfares To Passengers After Two-hour Delay –FG by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jul 08, 2021
cmecproblem:
Fund Airlines... Support them. I don't think delays are intentional. Even weather conditions cause delays.

Fund what? Arentbthey private businesses?
Must you run an airline if you don't have funds?
Why buy a jet for a distance of 700km, a turbo prop is okay.
We need local solutions to airline biz, overheads are too much.
Re: Airlines Must Refund 100% Airfares To Passengers After Two-hour Delay –FG by Organs(m): 7:36pm On Jul 08, 2021
QuotaSystem:
One of the most effective Ministers after Amaechi.

Well done Hadi Sirika.

First was his standing up to UAE last week against their nonsensical and "see finish" claim that Nigerians are notorious for fake covid test results (as if many countries aren't fighting the same problem) thereby must undergo multiple tests.

Now he is boldly facing the perennial problem of Airlines impunity with regards indiscriminate flight delays and cancellations. What he has prescribed are global best practices regarding passenger welfare and I expect him to make scapegoats out of some stubborn airlines that think they can disrupt passengers plans and get away with it without compensation and punishment (the most annoying is when they deliberately go missing at the boarding gates to avoid explaining their incompetence).

I celebrate this win for the common Nigerian that can't afford the luxury and flexibility of private jets.

CORRECT. You have forgotten the most important one. He banned some European airlines from flying into Nigeria because they banned airlines from Nigeria landing in their country. KLM, Airfrance, Lufthansa, Etihad etc were banned. I fly Lufthansa and i was affected but i was very very happy with that. USA that had Covid19 in all its nooks and crannies was not banned but Nigeria with our limited cases was not banned. This guy, Amaechi, El Rufai, Sanwo Olu, Ambode, Zulum, Wike should be President and Nigeria will be a great Country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Airlines Must Refund 100% Airfares To Passengers After Two-hour Delay –FG by mygem: 7:38pm On Jul 08, 2021
DoggoneDogg:
Audio refund
Sheybi they'll first have our account details before refund can even happen.

Scammers.
Help me ask them..They just make pronouncements to look good in the eyes of the of the populace with no concrete implementation plan
Re: Airlines Must Refund 100% Airfares To Passengers After Two-hour Delay –FG by nextstep(m): 7:38pm On Jul 08, 2021
Let me come and laugh small... as if no be naija we dey. grin grin grin
Re: Airlines Must Refund 100% Airfares To Passengers After Two-hour Delay –FG by tfelicityk(m): 7:59pm On Jul 08, 2021
I hope this is not audio threat?

They should carry out the actions
Re: Airlines Must Refund 100% Airfares To Passengers After Two-hour Delay –FG by Vyolet(f): 8:10pm On Jul 08, 2021
Overland and Arik, I dey greet una oo..
Re: Airlines Must Refund 100% Airfares To Passengers After Two-hour Delay –FG by BigBizzy(m): 8:29pm On Jul 08, 2021
Our mumu don do...
Re: Airlines Must Refund 100% Airfares To Passengers After Two-hour Delay –FG by highoctane: 8:35pm On Jul 08, 2021
NewDelhi:
E get one airline (I no go mention name ) wey don delay my flight for 7 hours before.
Piyapiya man, are you afraid?
Re: Airlines Must Refund 100% Airfares To Passengers After Two-hour Delay –FG by babdap: 8:40pm On Jul 08, 2021
This would send Overland Airways out of business, my flights had been delayed for up to 5hrs last months on 3 occasions june,2021.
Re: Airlines Must Refund 100% Airfares To Passengers After Two-hour Delay –FG by FarahAideed: 9:41pm On Jul 08, 2021
Silly nonsense ..fix the economy and flights won't be delayed
Re: Airlines Must Refund 100% Airfares To Passengers After Two-hour Delay –FG by vibbb: 10:04pm On Jul 08, 2021
I hope this will note make them take unnecessary risk while trying to meet up schedule. Sometimes delay might be necessary due to technical issue or bad weather.
Re: Airlines Must Refund 100% Airfares To Passengers After Two-hour Delay –FG by jditimiya(m): 10:34pm On Jul 08, 2021
QuotaSystem:
Aero will definitely not like this cool
. One airline I promise myself not to use again. Until I buy my plane.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Attractions To Visit In Abuja / How Long Does It Take To Get A Job In The US / Sudan Crisis: Nigerians Stranded At Egyptian Border — FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.