Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,153 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:37 AM

Gunshots At Imo House Of Assembly, 6 Lawmakers Suspended, Chief Whip Sacked - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gunshots At Imo House Of Assembly, 6 Lawmakers Suspended, Chief Whip Sacked (37639 Views)

Nuhu Abok Holds Plenary Outside Plateau Assembly Complex, Suspends 6 Lawmakers / Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters / Resign Now, Femi Falana Tells Suspended Chief Justice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunshots At Imo House Of Assembly, 6 Lawmakers Suspended, Chief Whip Sacked by Kwanza: 4:03pm On Jul 08, 2021
…Chief Whip sacked, standing committees dissolved

I have to be mute for now – Ezerioha

Sporadic gunshots on Thursday took over the space of the Imo state House of Assembly, as six lawmakers of the house were suspended.

The Speaker, Paul Emeziem who announced the suspension of the lawmakers at the floor of the House, said that their suspension was based on “conducting themselves in an unparliamentary manner.”

But Vanguard was told that it was after the plenary had been concluded on the suspension of the lawmakers that there were gunshots in the air, which was said to be from the security operatives. Both the lawmakers and workers were seen scampering for safety.

Vanguard also gathered that some of the suspended lawmakers stormed the hallowed chambers and protested against their suspension

Among the suspended lawmakers, four are members of the All Progressives Congress, APC, and the others are two members of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.

The suspended members included Uche Ogbuagu (APC, Ikeduru) Dominic Ezerioha (APC, Oru West) Micheal Crown (APC, Ihitte Uboma) Kennedy Ibe (APC, Obowo) Anyadike Nwosu ( PDP, Ezinihitte Mbaise) and Phillip Ejiogu (PDP, Owerri North).

Also, the Speaker has sacked the Chief Whip of the House, Arthur Eqwim (Ideato North) and replaced him with Obinna Okwara (Nkwerre). In the same development, the Speaker, Emeziem, dissolved all the standing committees in the House.

However, one of the suspended lawmakers, Mr Ezerioha who spoke to Vanguard briefly said: “For now I have to be mute. I represent Oru West and my people have to decide.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/07/gunshots-as-6-imo-lawmakers-suspended-over-unparliamentary-manner/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Watch video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-E_28x-3jQ

1 Share

Re: Gunshots At Imo House Of Assembly, 6 Lawmakers Suspended, Chief Whip Sacked by duro4real(m): 4:04pm On Jul 08, 2021
This is serious. May God help us in This country. Bad news every where

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunshots At Imo House Of Assembly, 6 Lawmakers Suspended, Chief Whip Sacked by stanech: 4:05pm On Jul 08, 2021
The same Uche Ogbuagu ?

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunshots At Imo House Of Assembly, 6 Lawmakers Suspended, Chief Whip Sacked by McLizbae: 4:05pm On Jul 08, 2021
Na parade?

2 Likes

Re: Gunshots At Imo House Of Assembly, 6 Lawmakers Suspended, Chief Whip Sacked by drightguy(m): 4:05pm On Jul 08, 2021
When the head is sick; the body becomes sick too. sad

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Gunshots At Imo House Of Assembly, 6 Lawmakers Suspended, Chief Whip Sacked by Jostoman: 4:09pm On Jul 08, 2021
That Sellout governor is trying to outsmart everybody in IMO STATE.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunshots At Imo House Of Assembly, 6 Lawmakers Suspended, Chief Whip Sacked by nairalandankrah: 4:09pm On Jul 08, 2021
This is normal thing in northern houses of assembly. Even though it doesn't make the news here

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunshots At Imo House Of Assembly, 6 Lawmakers Suspended, Chief Whip Sacked by jlinkd78(m): 4:12pm On Jul 08, 2021
Noted
Re: Gunshots At Imo House Of Assembly, 6 Lawmakers Suspended, Chief Whip Sacked by ambchidodude(m): 4:28pm On Jul 08, 2021
Hmmmm! Everyday killing in our Country
Re: Gunshots At Imo House Of Assembly, 6 Lawmakers Suspended, Chief Whip Sacked by Osmondpeters: 4:34pm On Jul 08, 2021
This happens when myopic, unpatroitic self centred leaders are elected shame on them

5 Likes

Re: Gunshots At Imo House Of Assembly, 6 Lawmakers Suspended, Chief Whip Sacked by joe54: 4:38pm On Jul 08, 2021
grin
Clownish politicians

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gunshots At Imo House Of Assembly, 6 Lawmakers Suspended, Chief Whip Sacked by Kwanza: 4:42pm On Jul 08, 2021
Video: !
Re: Gunshots At Imo House Of Assembly, 6 Lawmakers Suspended, Chief Whip Sacked by Almaigaa: 4:59pm On Jul 08, 2021
The East is in Chaos. I'll relocate from Owerri to the North tomorrow. This place is no longer safe.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunshots At Imo House Of Assembly, 6 Lawmakers Suspended, Chief Whip Sacked by colorsofrainbow: 5:06pm On Jul 08, 2021
Almaigaa:
The East is in Chaos. I'll relocate from Owerri to the North tomorrow. This place is no longer safe.

My brother,na so e be

12 Likes

Re: Gunshots At Imo House Of Assembly, 6 Lawmakers Suspended, Chief Whip Sacked by Xscape047: 5:15pm On Jul 08, 2021
Legislative gunmen

1 Like

Re: Gunshots At Imo House Of Assembly, 6 Lawmakers Suspended, Chief Whip Sacked by Teewhy2: 5:15pm On Jul 08, 2021
what is happening, IMO state now becoming a state filled with unpleasant stories.

3 Likes

Re: Gunshots At Imo House Of Assembly, 6 Lawmakers Suspended, Chief Whip Sacked by KingOfAmebo(m): 5:15pm On Jul 08, 2021
Is this how they intend to rule themselves in biafraland? Nigeria is actually doing them a favor by allow the cannibalistic East be part of Nigeria else that place would be extremely lawless.

I even heard some of them still eat humans like they use to in the civil war.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunshots At Imo House Of Assembly, 6 Lawmakers Suspended, Chief Whip Sacked by Dscoola: 5:15pm On Jul 08, 2021
Get a professional business or company logo done for just 3k only and get all the following files of your logo;

1, High quality 3D logo
2, Transparent background logo for watermark
3, Plain logo for letterhead, business card, Id card etc
4, Pdf copy of your logo.
Call/WhatsApp me via the number on the image below.
The link to my WhatsApp is in my signature

Re: Gunshots At Imo House Of Assembly, 6 Lawmakers Suspended, Chief Whip Sacked by Ruggedniggaone: 5:16pm On Jul 08, 2021
House of commotion
Re: Gunshots At Imo House Of Assembly, 6 Lawmakers Suspended, Chief Whip Sacked by SweetOlive(f): 5:16pm On Jul 08, 2021
IMO, Imo state should be…
Re: Gunshots At Imo House Of Assembly, 6 Lawmakers Suspended, Chief Whip Sacked by mytime24(f): 5:16pm On Jul 08, 2021
Hope is hopeless

1 Like

Re: Gunshots At Imo House Of Assembly, 6 Lawmakers Suspended, Chief Whip Sacked by BeardGangJnr1(m): 5:17pm On Jul 08, 2021
Ndi marginalizers grin
Things u can Neva see or hear of up North..

1 Like

Re: Gunshots At Imo House Of Assembly, 6 Lawmakers Suspended, Chief Whip Sacked by CasNova: 5:17pm On Jul 08, 2021
House of Assembly members are supposed to be honourable. They should behave honourably.
Re: Gunshots At Imo House Of Assembly, 6 Lawmakers Suspended, Chief Whip Sacked by Udbce3: 5:17pm On Jul 08, 2021
shocked
Re: Gunshots At Imo House Of Assembly, 6 Lawmakers Suspended, Chief Whip Sacked by Earlystar698(m): 5:17pm On Jul 08, 2021
Those idiot are afraid death but never said anything concerning the killing innocent youths in their backyard..shittttt
Re: Gunshots At Imo House Of Assembly, 6 Lawmakers Suspended, Chief Whip Sacked by stunnert(m): 5:18pm On Jul 08, 2021
The speaker just dey step on toes anyhow, make him dey very careful oo because as e dey go like this he fit to collect

1 Like

Re: Gunshots At Imo House Of Assembly, 6 Lawmakers Suspended, Chief Whip Sacked by ogologoamu: 5:18pm On Jul 08, 2021
cry
The supreme Court governor at it again.

2 Likes

Re: Gunshots At Imo House Of Assembly, 6 Lawmakers Suspended, Chief Whip Sacked by specialmati(m): 5:18pm On Jul 08, 2021
grin grin grin grin state of madness

1 Like

Re: Gunshots At Imo House Of Assembly, 6 Lawmakers Suspended, Chief Whip Sacked by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jul 08, 2021
Boko Haram or Bandit will soon kill u soon then grin

Almaigaa:

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Convert Your Dollars To Naira Before Dangote Refinery Starts – Omokri To Nigeria / Lai Mohammed Threatens To Sanction CNN Over Lekki Shootings Report / Governor Obiano Poses In Cowboy Hat (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.