Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,035 members, 7,953,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:53 AM

Reuben Abati And His Pendulating Sycophantism - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reuben Abati And His Pendulating Sycophantism (1099 Views)

Nigeria 2019: Notes From The Field, By Reuben Abati / 2019: Atiku Vs. Buhari, By Reuben Abati / Buhari And The June 12 Saga By Reuben Abati (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reuben Abati And His Pendulating Sycophantism by FakeUnity: 4:22pm On Jul 08, 2021
I listened to Reuben Abati this morning on Arise TV and shook my head on how low one can go in brown envelop journalism.

Reuben Abati was formerly in the camp of GEJ and by extention PDP and wrote severally about the tyranny of buhari and his cohorts.

Suddenly, just suddenly after Reuben Abati was recently granted entrance into Aso rock to interview buhari as an AriseTv journalist on the IPOB issue and other sundry national issues, he became pro-buhari, pro-malami, pro-lie mohammed, pro-fulani.

I shook my head this morning in pity as I listened to him sycophantly praise the pseudo-illiterate AGF Malami for responding to Canadian Justice Minister in Alberta Kaycee Madu. He called Malami's infantile rejoinder a 'perfect response whose writer deserves bottle of champaign'. Tufiakwa!

One cannot but wonder how the fat envelop he got for 'transport fare' after his interview with buhari could have been. How many wads of dollar bills were in that envelop, as I am sure buhari and co-habitants in aso rock do not spend the naira?

Verily Verily, the man has a price and could even be eyeing a return to Aso rock to take Femi Adesina's job that he once held with all the largess and trappings of power that came with the office.

Like a columnist once wrote 'Reuben Abati is dead', not that he has entered the grave to the great beyond, No!
Abati has a deadened conscience, and may soon make AriseTV an appendage of the government just like lacklustre NTA, all for his personal goal of returning to the corridors of power.

Like he once opined, he misses those days when his phones ring non-stop as a media adviser to President GEJ. I wish him well in his endeavours as a career sycophant.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reuben Abati And His Pendulating Sycophantism by Duru9(m): 4:25pm On Jul 08, 2021
Every man has a price

6 Likes

Re: Reuben Abati And His Pendulating Sycophantism by IvarDboneless: 4:34pm On Jul 08, 2021
Politics is the game

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reuben Abati And His Pendulating Sycophantism by Ceenaija(m): 4:39pm On Jul 08, 2021
Their stomach is their God.Abati is dancing with four legs ,he believes in where there is oil money,brown envelope speaks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reuben Abati And His Pendulating Sycophantism by FakeUnity: 4:57pm On Jul 08, 2021
Duru9:
Every man has a price

Abati has lost every iota of integrity. What a shame.

6 Likes

Re: Reuben Abati And His Pendulating Sycophantism by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jul 08, 2021
Shame on Abati

2 Likes

Re: Reuben Abati And His Pendulating Sycophantism by vedaxcool(m): 5:13pm On Jul 08, 2021
Bitterpob!

1 Like

Re: Reuben Abati And His Pendulating Sycophantism by OssyMalik: 5:19pm On Jul 08, 2021
Rufai Oseni impressed me with his outburst on Malami. I loved his comments

As for Abati, he’s a sellout just like FFK

6 Likes

Re: Reuben Abati And His Pendulating Sycophantism by Joromi1: 5:25pm On Jul 08, 2021
It's true money can make a man change his tune but anyone supporting this useless Fulani government will feel the wrath or killer herdsmen or DSS directly or indirectly. It's just a matter of time.

1 Like

Re: Reuben Abati And His Pendulating Sycophantism by Ruggman: 5:27pm On Jul 08, 2021
Appointment of Ruben abati was one of the biggest mistakes GEJ made while in government.
The Man abati is grossly incompetent , non inspiring , poor press releases , hopeless and crass media engagements. He was so poor in media image management that each time I see a headline from him, I feel like vomiting.
Abati should go and sit down
He has absolutely nothing to offer

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Reuben Abati And His Pendulating Sycophantism by meccuno: 6:02pm On Jul 08, 2021
Duru9:
Every man has a price

Re: Reuben Abati And His Pendulating Sycophantism by Buckeyemedia1: 6:05pm On Jul 08, 2021
FakeUnity:
I listened to Reuben Abati this morning on Arise TV and shook my head on how low one can go in brown envelop journalism.

Reuben Abati was formerly in the camp of GEJ and by extention PDP and wrote severally about the tyranny of buhari and his cohorts.

Suddenly, just suddenly after Reuben Abati was recently granted entrance into Aso rock to interview buhari as an AriseTv journalist on the IPOB issue and other sundry national issues, he became pro-buhari, pro-malami, pro-lie mohammed, pro-fulani.

I shook my head this morning in pity as I listened to him sycophantly praise the pseudo-illiterate AGF Malami for responding to Canadian Justice Minister in Alberta Kaycee Madu. He called Malami's infantile rejoinder a 'perfect response whose writer deserves bottle of champaign'. Tufiakwa!

One cannot but wonder how the fat envelop he got for 'transport fare' after his interview with buhari could have been. How many wads of dollar bills were in that envelop, as I am sure buhari and co-habitants in aso rock do not spend the naira.

Verily Verily, the man has a price and could even be eyeing a return to Aso rock to take Femi Adesina's job that he once held with all the largess and trappings of power that came with the office.

Like a columnist once wrote 'Reuben Abati is dead', not that he has entered the grave to the great beyond, No!
Abati has a deadened conscience, and may soon make AriseTV an appendage of the government just like lacklustre NTA, all for his personal goal of returning to the corridors of power.

Like he once opined, he misses those days when his phones ring non-stop as a media adviser to President GEJ.

FakeUnity you must really be depressed?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reuben Abati And His Pendulating Sycophantism by owobokiri(m): 6:22pm On Jul 08, 2021
Reuben Abati is a chronic igbo hater!
Unless you just started following him , otherwise you would have known this by now! I have read that guy from the 90s, he doesn't neglect any opportunity to unload on the igbos...

During Obasanjos regime, Abati was in the habit of taunting igbos with his sterile epistles at The Guardian Newspapers. He once reminded igbos during the Uwazuruike/MASSOB days that Obasanjo has vowed to "cut off the head" of the igbos if he was provoked. This generated a lot of backlash then.. His taunting of igbos became so disturbing during this period that a large number of igbo elite had to caution him! But Rueben never stopped. He only mellowed down after Jonathan invited him to "come and chop", and he was forced to work hand in hand with some igbos in that government.

The other day Barrister Ejiofor was explaining to Abati and his crew all that went down with Kanu. While other members of his crew were busy asking intelligent questions, Abati was dutifully trying to taunt Kanus lawyer.., Asking him if "British citizenship is bigger than the Nigerian citizenship", all the while referring to Kanu as a "fugitive"! That's after the legal practitioner has taken time to explain to Abati that over 27 people were killed at Kanus residence after it was attacked by the army! Don't forget that Abati is a lawyer too!

Leave these South westerners..
Igbophobia comes naturally to this people! It's their default mode..

2 Likes

Re: Reuben Abati And His Pendulating Sycophantism by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jul 08, 2021
These people have no conscience and are more than beast in their reasoning. How can u live a painful life to the extent that anything plain truth or positive said about PMB then u either make it look like sycophancy or betrayal?
They deliberately refuse to accept reality abt PMB and still call others sycophants, is this not the highest level of hypocrisy?
When he does good he deserve to be commended and when he do bad he deserve criticism, that is human way of living!

2 Likes

Re: Reuben Abati And His Pendulating Sycophantism by ajailer(m): 8:09pm On Jul 08, 2021
OssyMalik:
Rufai Oseni impressed me with his outburst on Malami. I loved his comments

As for Abati, he’s a sellout just like FFK

I swear I was really surprised by Abati's statement....

For once Rufai impressed me cos there has been that tendency for everyone in the studio to always toe Abati's line of reasoning.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reuben Abati And His Pendulating Sycophantism by QuotaSystem: 8:31pm On Jul 08, 2021
Missed the live telecast but just watched it and I absolutely loved how Reuben Abati put that sentimental Rufai in his place.

"6 - 15"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCTWOmznITc

I'm not a fan of Abati either but i must admit the fellow is the most objective on that panel.
Re: Reuben Abati And His Pendulating Sycophantism by FakeUnity: 9:21pm On Jul 08, 2021
owobokiri:
Reuben Abati is a chronic igbo hater!
Unless you just started following him , otherwise you would have known this by now! I have read that guy from the 90s, he doesn't neglect any opportunity to unload on the igbos...

During Obasanjos regime, Abati was in the habit of taunting igbos with his sterile epistles at The Guardian Newspapers. He once reminded igbos during the Uwazuruike/MASSOB days that Obasanjo has vowed to "cut off the head" of the igbos if he was provoked. This generated a lot of backlash then.. His taunting of igbos became so disturbing during this period that a large number of igbo elite had to caution him! But Rueben never stopped. He only mellowed down after Jonathan invited him to "come and chop", and he was forced to work hand in hand with some igbos in that government.

The other day Barrister Ejiofor was explaining to Abati and his crew all that went down with Kanu. While other members of his crew were busy asking intelligent questions, Abati was dutifully trying to taunt Kanus lawyer.., Asking him if "British citizenship is bigger than the Nigerian citizenship", all the while referring to Kanu as a "fugitive"! That's after the legal practitioner has taken time to explain to Abati that over 27 people were killed at Kanus residence after it was attacked by the army! Don't forget that Abati is a lawyer too!

Leave these South westerners..
Igbophobia comes naturally to this people! It's their default mode..

Now I understand the aetiology of the whole thing. Abati is a hopeless brown envelop sycophant. When the little wads of dollars he got from buhari finishes, he'll go back to his default mode of grandstanding against buhari regime.

The owners of Arise TV should keep a close watch on him lest he makes their TV station another NTA 2.0.

3 Likes

Re: Reuben Abati And His Pendulating Sycophantism by Ceenaija(m): 9:30pm On Jul 08, 2021
Abati,has two chameleons one he hid in his armpits the other one in his cap.He will bring his true colors .Intellectuals have for long known him as anti Igbos
Re: Reuben Abati And His Pendulating Sycophantism by TheFreeOne: 9:30pm On Jul 08, 2021
FakeUnity:

One cannot but wonder how the fat envelop he got for 'transport fare' after his interview with buhari could have been. How many wads of dollar bills were in that envelop, as I am sure buhari and co-habitants in aso rock do not spend the naira.

Like he once opined, he misses those days when his phones ring non-stop as a media adviser to President GEJ.

I watched same interview and wondered why his recent tilt towards the government but i think he's just trying to be rational regarding national issues in order to balance opinions on the Arise morning shows.

Rufai Oseni is my no.1 TV news analyst at the moment cos he has gut in speaking truth to power anyday.

2 Likes

Re: Reuben Abati And His Pendulating Sycophantism by FakeUnity: 9:38pm On Jul 08, 2021
TheFreeOne:

I watched same interview and wondered why his recent tilt towards the government but i think he's just trying to be rational regarding national issues in order to balance opinions on the Arise morning shows.

Rufai Oseni is my no.1 TV news analyst at the moment cos he has gut in speaking truth to power anyday.

As hard Abati tried to appear 'balanced' you could actually see 'buhari's dollars' talking very emphatically through him.

That guy is a lost cause. He will kill off Arise TV very soon, now that people are beginning to see them as the alternative to now toothless Channels TV whose Director (Momoh) took about 500 million fee from FG few years ago for an ambiguous 'media project'.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reuben Abati And His Pendulating Sycophantism by TheFreeOne: 9:51pm On Jul 08, 2021
FakeUnity:

As hard Abati tried to appear 'balanced' you could actually see 'buhari's dollars' talking very emphatically through him.

That guy is a lost cause. He will kill off Arise TV very soon, now that people are beginning to see them as the alternative to now toothless Channels TV whose Director (Momoh) took about 500 million fee from FG few years ago for an ambiguous media project.
Lol at the bold. grin

A lot is possible in the country with the current stranglehold the FG is having on the media. Channels TV is now a shadow of itself, a news station that used to be the darling of nigerians. What a shame!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reuben Abati And His Pendulating Sycophantism by FakeUnity: 9:56pm On Jul 08, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
FakeUnity you must really be depressed?

Abokii take several seats.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Guy That Issued Warrant For Kanu's Arrest. / Lagos State Governor Invites UAR Best Artist To Office (photo) / PDP National Convention Live

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.