Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

Zinox Computers - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Zinox Computers (2545 Views)

I Want To Import Cars,computers,in Usa,and Chinacan Anyone Assist? / Used Computers: How Is The Market? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zinox Computers by Hero(m): 11:40am On Feb 10, 2006
A few years ago there was this big hoopla over the Zinox Computer INC, now there's nothing!! undecided What the heck is going on, with that company?? Are they still moving full steam ahead with their operations? Have they grounded to a halt? Do they plan on coming out with something big, that can once again put their name and the front pages of the media sources and the lips of people? Have they taken on any new supply contracts with any major Naija institutions? What's going on with this once very promising Nigerian company?
Re: Zinox Computers by Hero(m): 8:10am On Feb 11, 2006
Well, since no one is commenting, I'll take that as a sign of that they aren't doing to well!!
Re: Zinox Computers by qleyo(f): 12:56pm On Feb 20, 2006
Hmm I agree, the latest news I heard was something about how the CEO of the company (sorry can't remember his name) has some high tech system in his house that apparently controls everything.

I really did see a future for that company there is so much opportunity and a very unsaturated market so they should be making a mark,
Re: Zinox Computers by Seun(m): 3:49pm On Apr 04, 2007
Zinox is 95% hype. All they are doing is assembling computers, and they want us to think it's a big deal.
Re: Zinox Computers by canachy(m): 4:07pm On Apr 04, 2007
qleyo:

(sorry can't remember his name)

His name is Leo Stan Ekeh from Imo state.

@seun

There is no hype about zinox. zinox is a full fledged producer of servers, ups, notebooks, to name but a few. You guys should try and appreciate Nigerian brains for once. Even if they only assemble/package their systems, so what.
Re: Zinox Computers by Seun(m): 5:33pm On Apr 04, 2007
Of course I respect the work they are doing, but I don't respect them better than I respect Computer village 'engineers' who can assemble computers equally well. It is unfair that the government gives them special favors.
Re: Zinox Computers by allhavoc(m): 7:31pm On Apr 04, 2007
@ Seun
You miss the point. Altho Zinox may be doing the same thing as the guy at the computer village, zinox is properly setup as a business that generates significant employment, pays tangible taxes to govt., exports the Nigerian brand to other west african countries, etc. Therefore the preferential treatment given to the company can be justified based on these factors. In essence, the govt. derives more benefit in actualizing its economic objectives through companies and SMEs that operate on the principle of scale. Same thing can be said of coys in agric sector.
Re: Zinox Computers by Seun(m): 8:31am On Apr 05, 2007
Nah, I think it's just because their CEO has friends in high places. I guess I'm just being jealous, but:

I don't see what's special about the tax they pay. Don't smaller computer 'manufacturing' companies like Omatek also pay tax? And what's my business - as a customer - with the amount of tax they pay? Can I spend the tax?
Re: Zinox Computers by 4Play(m): 12:54pm On Apr 09, 2007
Seun:

Zinox is 95% hype. All they are doing is assembling computers, and they want us to think it's a big deal.
I am using Dell Computers PC,Dell is the 2nd largest PC "manufacturer" in the world,behind HP.Dell does not manufacture anything,it doesn't even assemble.Its PCs are mainly made in Taiwan and China and then the Dell brand is put on it.

That is how many Computer and electronics manufacturers operate these days.Many of Sony's product are not made by Sony.If Zinox operates that way,that is not unusual and is even better for at least they assemble products unlike someothers who simply put their brand names on the finished article
Re: Zinox Computers by canachy(m): 10:22am On Apr 10, 2007
@4 Play

You can say that again.
Re: Zinox Computers by Emmson(m): 5:07am On Apr 18, 2007
Why would Nigerians never see anything good in themselve? Are u guys saying that Zinox is a hoax? Or a mere computer assembly? This is something you can verify for urself by simply walking into those instituions where their products are used and make enquiries if you care. Are you wiser than the financial institutions that patronise them and even joyfully patneering with them? Dont sit there and rubbish what effort another is making.Find out d details for urself. Still,u can even make enquiries from the editors of the newspapers where you get to read about Zinox. Haba Nigerians. When are going to leave this mentality behind us? Pity,pity. Even educated people could be part of this rubbishing.
Really unfair of us Nigerians.
Re: Zinox Computers by Seun(m): 7:34am On Apr 18, 2007
Are u guys saying that Zinox is a hoax?
I'm saying that Zinox doesn't impress me . Please feel free to be impressed, but personally, I am not.

4 Play:

I am using Dell Computers PC,Dell is the 2nd largest PC "manufacturer" in the world,behind HP.Dell does not manufacture anything,it doesn't even assemble.Its PCs are mainly made in Taiwan and China and then the Dell brand is put on it.

That is how many Computer and electronics manufacturers operate these days.Many of Sony's product are not made by Sony.If Zinox operates that way,that is not unusual and is even better for at least they assemble products unlike someothers who simply put their brand names on the finished article

Dell's business model does not rely on government intervention or special favors. That's the difference. Apart from that, Dell's company actually did something innovative - allowing people to customize their computers over the phone.

Personally, I am not impressed by the configuration of their computers. I can't buy an inferior product just because it's "Nigerian". How can you be selling "branded" computers with 256mb of memory in this day and age?

One more thing: Zinox not really a Nigerian company. The CEO is a Nigerian, but as far as I know, the investors and key personnel are not. It's just like Globacom in that respect. So they do not deserve any special favors. wink
Re: Zinox Computers by Emmson(m): 4:49am On Apr 19, 2007
Seun,must everyone in the company be a Nigerian national? Does that obtain only in Nigeria? What about in the developed world where othere nationals are found in their factories,companies and other institutions? Even in America,are they all Americans who are their technicians,entrepreneurs and all that? Why don't we be reasonable? Every country in the world and even in the developed world seeks the best hands irrespective of their country of origin. These goes down to even things like sports. Think about it. And the truth is this; if the entire Zinox workforce was 100 percent Nigerians,I tell you the truth,people would probably criticise and bring to disrepute still and probably complain that nothing good will come out of it. Even in the Bible,Nathaniel said of Jesus,"Can anything good come out of Nazareth?" They would perhaps say "can anything good come out of Nigeria?" Thats the world for you. We are naturally insatiable.
Re: Zinox Computers by canachy(m): 8:59am On Apr 19, 2007
I can see that Seun has something against ZINOX. Bros,Never mind.

I think, it's high time we stopped this contention because there is never a winner in an argument. No Winner!!!  No Vanquish!!!
Re: Zinox Computers by Seun(m): 10:10am On Apr 19, 2007
I have nothing against them, my brother. I'm just trying to distinguish between hype and reality, that's all.
Re: Zinox Computers by canachy(m): 2:51pm On Apr 19, 2007
@Seun

Well, if you say so.
Re: Zinox Computers by canachy(m): 2:55pm On Apr 19, 2007
To me, Zinox is the pride of Nigeria in the global market
Re: Zinox Computers by subby12(m): 8:45pm On Sep 28, 2009
This topic has not gotten any post since 2007. I think Zinox came out with a laptop that has 12hr life battery. As much as i would have appreciated this innovation 'cause of Electricity in Nigeria, i do not seem to notice or hear them in the media or adverts as i would have expected. They need to know it will do us a lot of good, as they have done this i.e given us a 12 hour lifeline, please ADVERTISE THE PRODUCT.

(1) (Reply)

Ngn1.2million To Invest. Legit Business Please / Poultry Business A Very Lucrative Business But First Learn How To Stop Gumboro / Catfish Farming, 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.