Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,792 members, 7,956,020 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:36 PM

Will My Cassava Tubers TME 419 Get Rotten - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Will My Cassava Tubers TME 419 Get Rotten (710 Views)

See The Giant Tubers Of Yam Harvested In Jos, Plateau State (photos) / My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner / We Buy Cassava Tubers TME 419 In Large Amounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will My Cassava Tubers TME 419 Get Rotten by josh6633: 4:59pm On Jul 08, 2021
Pls I am currently cutting my 11 months cassava stem tme419. And I am planning to process it to garri by October. Pls will the tubers get spoiled before then.
Re: Will My Cassava Tubers TME 419 Get Rotten by mamaaustin(f): 7:36pm On Jul 08, 2021
I have heard that for hybrid cassava stems, the best time to harvest is between 11 months to 1 year. Anything beyond that and it's possible it will rot in the soil.

1 Like

Re: Will My Cassava Tubers TME 419 Get Rotten by josh6633: 2:21am On Jul 09, 2021
But I thought they said it can last for 2yrs on the ground
Re: Will My Cassava Tubers TME 419 Get Rotten by Dawson126: 2:46am On Jul 09, 2021
I think the time of planting, soil and atmospheric conditions of harvest are those things that can determine if it is going to rot or not. If the tubers are mature, and it fails during the rainy season, if the plants are already getting weaker or growth rate reducing, then tubers underground are more predispose to attacks from rot causing bacteria, fungi and higher fungi like some mushrooms but if it falls during the dry season, the icindence might be low but I'm not saying it will be completely absent.

And also, there is a disease of cassava called cassava rot disease complex. It is also a great deal cause of cassava tuber rot, so I would just advice you harvest the cassava as at when due and make your money to avoid stories and to be on a safer side.
Re: Will My Cassava Tubers TME 419 Get Rotten by josh6633: 7:14am On Jul 09, 2021
Dawson126:
I think the time of planting, soil and atmospheric conditions of harvest are those things that can determine if it is going to rot or not. If the tubers are mature, and it fails during the rainy season, if the plants are already getting weaker or growth rate reducing, then tubers underground are more predispose to attacks from rot causing bacteria, fungi and higher fungi like some mushrooms but if it falls during the dry season, the icindence might be low but I'm not saying it will be completely absent.

And also, there is a disease of cassava called cassava rot disease complex. It is also a great deal cause of cassava tuber rot, so I would just advice you harvest the cassava as at when due and make your money to avoid stories and to be on a safer side.

It remains a little for the cassava tubers to be matured, and I have already cut their stems. My prediction was on October to start harvesting them
Re: Will My Cassava Tubers TME 419 Get Rotten by Emempaul(m): 7:24am On Jul 09, 2021
If you cut the head if a human being will he or she survive?

My guy if you like your self just harvest your cassava at once or prepare to cry. As you have cut the stem then what will feed the tubers nutrients to grow. Na air?? Some people sef

(1) (Reply)

Organic Growth Booster For Broilers / I Need A Poultry Farm Land And Fish Farming Land To Buy / What To Do If The Maize Milling Plant Finished Products Are Mixed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.