Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,882 members, 7,828,137 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

Please Need Matured Advice: My Parents Are Too Demanding - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Need Matured Advice: My Parents Are Too Demanding (1876 Views)

My Parents Are Using Their Lives To Ruin My Future!!! / My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit / “I Can’t Wait For My Parents To Die, So I Can Inherit All” - Guy On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Please Need Matured Advice: My Parents Are Too Demanding by frozen70(f): 5:14am On Jul 12, 2021
wantagon1:

I dont live an extravagant life. Yet all they care is bring, bring, bring.

You alone knows what you earn every month or every week, depending on what you do for a living

It's time you seat then down, talk with your parents and let them know that you are not as rich as they think and because you don't complain doesn't mean that you don't get broke

Tell them what you think you can afford to give them every month.
Re: Please Need Matured Advice: My Parents Are Too Demanding by Acidosis(m): 7:19am On Jul 12, 2021
CharisEleos:
Now you know how it feels. That time when you too were still dependent and always requesting from them " give me this, give me that" they were doing it and you thought it was easy. cheesy

Just let them know how much and how often you'll be sending them allowance ( based on when it will be convenient for you) so they know when to expect and stop with the incessant calls.

The Lord is your muscle.

Parents who do the least in raising their kids demand the most.

The need to bless one's parents with material stuff should never be about how much they spent raising their kids. Some kids raised themselves financially.

And btw, a child that is yet to establish himself should not place a working parent under any form of weekly or monthly payroll. It is highly insensitive. I think the whole idea of having a fixed payroll or allowances should be from a working and established child to a non-working or aged parent.

Those who are not in this category should ONLY give when it is convenient and necessary.

A struggling hustler in Lagos jumping from one bus to the other for 50k must be stup!d to think sending monthly allowances of 10-15k to his parents in the village who are both school teachers or principals at a government school is an idea thing. That's abnormal. Such a child will only die before his or her time.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

MY SEXUAL HARASSMENT EXPERIENCE WITH THE CHAIRMEN AND MD I WORKED WITH / I'm Fed Up! / If???if???if???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.