Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:01 AM

Java Configuration Issue ??? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Java Configuration Issue ??? (353 Views)

Configuration Of Thin Client/computer Repair In Benin City / POS Machine Configuration / Java EE Developer And Spring Developer In Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Java Configuration Issue ??? by Swealy: 9:07pm On Jul 08, 2021
I have installed Java and I am trying to configure it but my command prompt keeps saying "internal and external command not recognised"
I have tried to edit the system environment variable with almost all the path frame thinkable
I downloaded the jdk file separately thought from another site
The jre file was normally there though
Re: Java Configuration Issue ??? by ellagabs(f): 9:15pm On Jul 08, 2021
you need to set environment variables
Re: Java Configuration Issue ??? by Swealy: 10:07pm On Jul 08, 2021
ellagabs:
you need to set environment variables
I have done that
Do I need to download jdk and jre files from Java official website because I downloaded it from an unknown source

Re: Java Configuration Issue ??? by Qasim19: 8:17am On Jul 09, 2021
If you're very sure you've set environment variables correctly, then make sure you open your cmd as an administrator and not as ordinary user. Then type java -version, to know if java is installed
Re: Java Configuration Issue ??? by ellagabs(f): 9:39am On Jul 09, 2021
Swealy:

I have done that
Do I need to download jdk and jre files from Java official website because I downloaded it from an unknown source

- Set environment variables for both User and System.
- Let the environment variables point to the 'bin' folder
Re: Java Configuration Issue ??? by Swealy: 10:44am On Jul 09, 2021
I have finally done it
Thank you guys
Can now install Hadoop peacefully

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

. / A Complete Guide On How To Hire Reactjs Development Company / Website Developer Needed Urgently For Immediate Employment In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.