Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,683 members, 7,955,533 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:32 AM

For Bible Study, ALL Verses On A Given Topic Must Be Kept, And None Thrown Out. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / For Bible Study, ALL Verses On A Given Topic Must Be Kept, And None Thrown Out. (122 Views)

10 Shocking Bible Verses On Ponzi Schemes And Fraud / Man Donates His Family House To Christ Embassy, Family About To Be Thrown Out / Happiness: 7 Bible Verses On How To Live A Joyful Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

For Bible Study, ALL Verses On A Given Topic Must Be Kept, And None Thrown Out. by Nobody: 3:02am On Jul 09, 2021
Proper Bible study requires that ALL Verses on a given topic be reconciled together, and NONE thrown out.

And wherever possible, no one should base an entire doctrine on just one Verse of evidence.
It is beyond sad how many false doctrines there are based on one Verse taken out of context and not compared to other Verses of the
same topic.
The Bible tells us we should have two or three witnesses to establish a matter.
The Truth of all received Verses on a given topic should be kept, for a complete picture in agreement.
And, if the Holy Spirit brings us another Verse we did not know or recall, its Truth should be incorporated as well, for “all Truth”.
And if reconciling related Verses ever proves difficult, Jesus' own Word and example must rule in the matter.

For example, the endless arguing over "trinity-or-not".
If one points ONLY to Verses which seem to say that Jesus IS God, they will be deceived by not including ALL Verses in the matter.
One would have to completely ignore a multitude of other Verses where Jesus refers to God as His Father.
And that includes this one (John 14:28, NKJV): "You have heard Me say to you, ‘I am going away and coming back to you.’ If you loved Me, you would rejoice because I said, ‘I am going to the Father,’ for My Father is greater than I."

Think for a minute:
Jesus did not pray to Himself.
Nor did He ascend to Heaven and sit at His own right hand.

So what then do those other Verses mean, where Jesus seemingly is being called God ?
In keeping all Verses together and throwing out none, those Verses can only mean that the Son of God, Jesus Christ, is just like God, in that He has been given the power from God to have life in Himself (and therefore can create life), and that He has been given the power from God to be the Judge of man, etc.
And thus, if we refer to Jesus as "God", it's not an affront to God, Who is the very one Who gave Jesus all these traits of the Father.
And since Jesus was with God from the beginning, we can also understand that Jesus was there participating in the creation of all things, alongside His Father God.
As for the "I AM" reference which Jesus gave in John 8:58, it can only mean that Jesus (obviously) was there when God said that to Moses, and in John 8:58 Jesus was trying to clue the Jews into that fact.
It really isn't hard, but we have to keep all Verses together in a given topic.

Same for Michael the Archangel, whom Jesus is not.

Same for once-saved-always-saved... it's a false doctrine.

People are misled because they try to ignore or throw out even one Verse on a topic.

So again: Proper Bible study requires that ALL Verses on a given topic be reconciled together, and NONE thrown out.
Re: For Bible Study, ALL Verses On A Given Topic Must Be Kept, And None Thrown Out. by Kobojunkie: 5:30am On Jul 09, 2021
awitness41:
Proper Bible study requires that ALL Verses on a given topic be reconciled together, and NONE thrown out.

And wherever possible, no one should base an entire doctrine on just one Verse of evidence.
It is beyond sad how many false doctrines there are based on one Verse taken out of context and not compared to other Verses of the
same topic.
The Bible tells us we should have two or three witnesses to establish a matter.
The Truth of all received Verses on a given topic should be kept, for a complete picture in agreement.
And, if the Holy Spirit brings us another Verse we did not know or recall, its Truth should be incorporated as well, for “all Truth”.
And if reconciling related Verses ever proves difficult, Jesus' own Word and example must rule in the matter.

For example, the endless arguing over "trinity-or-not".
If one points ONLY to Verses which seem to say that Jesus IS God, they will be deceived by not including ALL Verses in the matter.
One would have to completely ignore a multitude of other Verses where Jesus refers to God as His Father.
And that includes this one (John 14:28, NKJV): "You have heard Me say to you, ‘I am going away and coming back to you.’ If you loved Me, you would rejoice because I said, ‘I am going to the Father,’ for My Father is greater than I."

Think for a minute:
Jesus did not pray to Himself.
Nor did He ascend to Heaven and sit at His own right hand.

So what then do those other Verses mean, where Jesus seemingly is being called God ?
In keeping all Verses together and throwing out none, those Verses can only mean that the Son of God, Jesus Christ, is just like God, in that He has been given the power from God to have life in Himself (and therefore can create life), and that He has been given the power from God to be the Judge of man, etc.
And thus, if we refer to Jesus as "God", it's not an affront to God, Who is the very one Who gave Jesus all these traits of the Father.
And since Jesus was with God from the beginning, we can also understand that Jesus was there participating in the creation of all things, alongside His Father God.
As for the "I AM" reference which Jesus gave in John 8:58, it can only mean that Jesus (obviously) was there when God said that to Moses, and in John 8:58 Jesus was trying to clue the Jews into that fact.
It really isn't hard, but we have to keep all Verses together in a given topic.

Same for Michael the Archangel, whom Jesus is not.

Same for once-saved-always-saved... it's a false doctrine.

People are misled because they try to ignore or throw out even one Verse on a topic.

So again: Proper Bible study requires that ALL Verses on a given topic be reconciled together, and NONE thrown out.
The law says two or three witnesses, not verses. For example you cannot quote statements from 2 or 3 of Paul's letters and than submit that you have satisfied the requirements of the Law. undecided

More importantly though, God's Word trumps the accounts of 2 or 3 witnesses since God's Word is Always true, no matter what witnesses declare. So, you cannot refute that which God has declared, even through Jesus Christ, by providing the accounts of His subordinates/disciples. undecided

(1) (Reply)

The Folly Of Agnostics And Sceptics / How To Pray And Receive A Miracle / The Unlimited Access Power Of The Blood Of Jesus. Part One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.