Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,311 members, 7,836,353 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:59 AM

Are You Successful But Unfulfilled? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are You Successful But Unfulfilled? (212 Views)

Unfulfilled Prophecies: Why and What To Do. / Hard Truth - Why Two Prophecies Of Jesus Were Unfulfilled / 2 Things To Make You Successful On Earth And Hereafter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You Successful But Unfulfilled? by Btruth: 6:43am On Jul 09, 2021
Are you successful but unfulfilled?

Fri, 9 Jul 2021

‘Trust in the Lord with all your heart.’ Proverbs 3:5

In 1987 the Minnesota Twins baseball star Kirby Puckett saw a childhood dream come true when he led his team to a World Series Championship. Greg Gagne, the Twins’ shortstop, described the scene in the clubhouse after their win. He related the hugging, the shouting, the laughing, the obligatory dousing of champagne over the players’ heads, and the presentation of the trophy. But the memory that would stick with him forever, he said, took place ten minutes into the celebration when he noticed the normally cheerful Puckett sitting silently on a stool away from everyone else. Gagne wove his way through the media, players and coaches, sat down beside Puckett and asked him what he was thinking about. With deep sadness in his eyes, Puckett said, ‘If this is all there is to it, life is pretty empty.’

Can you relate? You may have a great job, an excellent salary, a fine house, a wonderful family, good health, and even a low golf handicap—but no real peace. If so, you’re not alone. There are multitudes of people out there just like you. King Solomon’s fame spread throughout the world. In his day he had more wealth and power than Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk combined. Yet he wrote, ‘When I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless.’ (Ecclesiastes 2:11 NIV)

What answer did Solomon come up with? ‘Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.’ (Proverbs 3:5–6 NKJV)
Re: Are You Successful But Unfulfilled? by shawante(m): 7:29am On Jul 09, 2021
This life no balance. Someone might have everything they wished for and yet feel empty and unfulfilled while another might have close to nothing and yet be extremely happy... Finally only God can give you true fulfillment

1 Like

Re: Are You Successful But Unfulfilled? by Btruth: 2:57am On Jul 10, 2021
shawante:
This life no balance. Someone might have everything they wished for and yet feel empty and unfulfilled while another might have close to nothing and yet be extremely happy... Finally only God can give you true fulfillment
Exactly. Only God give you true happiness. I've always believed that you can't make others happy, except you are genuinely happy within yourself. May the Lord Almighty truly give us joy & happiness within in Jesus name.

Amen.

Good morning my brother.
Re: Are You Successful But Unfulfilled? by shawante(m): 4:04am On Jul 10, 2021
Btruth:
Exactly. Only God give you true happiness. I've always believed that you can't make others happy, except you are genuinely happy within yourself. May the Lord Almighty truly give us joy & happiness within in Jesus name.

Amen.

Good morning my brother.
Funny enough you can be unhappy and still make others happy. A quick e.g.. A rich man can be unhappy due to the barrenness of his wife and consequent lack of children in his home yet can buy a house for a homeless person he just met from nowhere or pay the school fees for his nephew.

He has made those people happy but deep down he is also unhappy

1 Like

Re: Are You Successful But Unfulfilled? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:22am On Jul 10, 2021
Btruth:
Are you successful but unfulfilled?...

How can a person be full of success and yet still be empty (un-fully-filled)?

Then he is not success filled for it clearly means that he has many areas which he is yet to fill.

Therefore, he only filled a certain area or areas with success, therefore he is not full of success.
Re: Are You Successful But Unfulfilled? by Btruth: 7:13am On Jul 10, 2021
shawante:
Funny enough you can be unhappy and still make others happy. A quick e.g.. A rich man can be unhappy due to the barrenness of his wife and consequent lack of children in his home yet can buy a house for a homeless person he just met from nowhere or pay the school fees for his nephew.

He has made those people happy but deep down he is also unhappy
hummm......true though.
Re: Are You Successful But Unfulfilled? by luvmijeje(f): 8:20am On Jul 10, 2021
Gagne wove his way through the media, players and coaches, sat down beside Puckett and asked him what he was thinking about. With deep sadness in his eyes, Puckett said, ‘If this is all there is to it, life is pretty empty.’

Puckett did follow follow. He was either forced into playing basketball or he was influenced by other people desire for basketball.

By going through that phase of his life he has learnt one thing, basketball is not one of his purpose. I remembered when I was in school, I was taught about a man who discovered bulb and I was taught that he tried different ways to make a bulb but one out of 100 ways was successful. But this was what stood out for me, my teacher said he didn't fail 99 times, he only learnt how not to do the wrong thing each time he failed.

Unhappiness is a tool to tell us something is not right. It's a self correction tool.

(1) (Reply)

Capacity Of Mega Churches In America / When Village People Finally Remember Your Matter / How My Photo ID Of USA Taken Since 2014 Because I Could Not Afford School Fees .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.