Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,059 members, 7,818,173 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

New Improved NIN Charges: What Is The Government's Endgame? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Improved NIN Charges: What Is The Government's Endgame? (47158 Views)

How To Print Your Improved NIN Slip / FG Launches Improved NIN Slip, Mobile App / Photos Of Bad Roads In Akwa Ibom, The Government Doesn't Want You To See (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Improved NIN Charges: What Is The Government's Endgame? by Idzitari1(m): 5:58pm On Jul 09, 2021
Lie I have the app nd no where this is display
Re: New Improved NIN Charges: What Is The Government's Endgame? by groovie(m): 6:12pm On Jul 09, 2021
Sanchez01:

Unfortunately, I agree with you albeit to an extent. I got mine in 2012. As a techie, I don't have too much worries about what the government can do with our data. Buhari is too predictable and his won't go beyond trace and arrest. The present government is a congregation of walking relics with no tiny understanding of how the new media and technology works. It doesn't bother me.
It's not Buhari that will sell the data. It's the cronies that he has appointed by nepotism that know exactly how to use every apparatus in the government to extract gains while he looks the other way
Re: New Improved NIN Charges: What Is The Government's Endgame? by datopaper(m): 6:22pm On Jul 09, 2021
The government is useless
Re: New Improved NIN Charges: What Is The Government's Endgame? by SheWrites(f): 6:45pm On Jul 09, 2021
Scam alert! This is a scam oooo! Beware and run! Fastest!
Re: New Improved NIN Charges: What Is The Government's Endgame? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jul 09, 2021
Fqckin buffon government
Re: New Improved NIN Charges: What Is The Government's Endgame? by smasher1(m): 7:20pm On Jul 09, 2021
chatinent:
All your why-questions point to one thing: man's government has failed.

Only God's kingdom is the solution to mankind's problems.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Improved NIN Charges: What Is The Government's Endgame? by GoodMuyis(m): 8:11pm On Jul 09, 2021
Sanchez01:
This would have been good if it came from the NHIS. It would make a whole lot of sense to purchase health packs that can cover dependents, mostly family members, but no, an ORDINARY IDENTITY COMMISSION that is tasked with handling citizens' identities and providing FREE NATIONAL ID cards is creating subscription packs and class-oriented ID cards. The other day, they need N25b to buy servers in order to enrol 43 million Nigerians.

The foolishness of this very government is why history should be resuscitated and taught in Nigerian schools. We shouldn't forget this in a hurry.

One word for all your questions

REVENUES
Re: New Improved NIN Charges: What Is The Government's Endgame? by Okwuguru(m): 9:29pm On Jul 09, 2021
You sef gee wahala! Government wey no go fit answer wan you still go dey ask plenty. You see say you don do pass yourself laidat.
I lafta
Re: New Improved NIN Charges: What Is The Government's Endgame? by Temptee101(m): 9:29pm On Jul 09, 2021
WoundedLamb:
Hhmm... Sad if this is what they really intend to do.

Anyway, while the OP has made some intelligent guesses, we shouldn't forget these are still assumptions. So let's always add the "if clause" while criticizing or sharing with others to avoid stamping hypotheses as facts and thereby spreading false information.

You call these glaring evidences rumour?

Ohh!!
Re: New Improved NIN Charges: What Is The Government's Endgame? by Engrr(m): 9:47pm On Jul 09, 2021
razfad10:
This is ridiculous, I mean you charge us for everything in our country. if you’re using USSD today, the federal government is charging you #6.9 before the bank charges you.

And if it is up to 10k, they charge the person receiving it N50
Re: New Improved NIN Charges: What Is The Government's Endgame? by WoundedLamb: 10:12pm On Jul 09, 2021
Temptee101:

You call these glaring evidences rumour?

Ohh!!

I didn't call it a rumour. I called it hypothetical. That's exactly what it is. The OP clearly stated that.
Re: New Improved NIN Charges: What Is The Government's Endgame? by Gfskw: 11:35pm On Jul 09, 2021
All this most corrupt govt cares about is to extort from those they never provided for in the first place
Re: New Improved NIN Charges: What Is The Government's Endgame? by next2kings(m): 3:41am On Jul 10, 2021
How did you login ?
Cos the link you shared has only the NIN and OTP which does not have a button for "Get OTP" or some sort...
Re: New Improved NIN Charges: What Is The Government's Endgame? by BluntCrazeMan: 5:50am On Jul 10, 2021
Sanchez01:
I saw this thread (https://www.nairaland.com/6641235/how-print-improved-nin-slip) last night and I wondered why the government can't be consistent for once. It is not just about getting Nigerians to link their NIN to their SIMs now but something else. I logged on to the portal (https://myportal.nimc.gov.ng/) this morning and saw some ridiculous things that only the Nigerian government is capable of attempting.

First, I was greeted with the picture below on the portal and I wondered why a National Commission tasked with regulating identity issues give me CREDITS (I have 30, according to my dashboard). Why would I need to purchase a SUBSCRIPTION from a government's portal; not just anyone but an IDENTITY COMMISSION PORTAL

As if that wasn't enough, I clicked through the subscription link only to find ridiculous tiers of subscriptions; from N100 to N1,000,000, all promising various degrees of credits. Is the government planning on charging Nigerians based on how their NIN QR codes or details are queried during verifications in banks, airports and in other places, particularly government establishments Why am I given 30 CREDITS if it doesn't matter or mean anything?

Not only that, but I also found out that there is a "PREMIUM NIN SLIP" section other than the "IMPROVED NIN SLIP". Although the "PREMIUM NIN SLIP" is currently unavailable, I am wondering why there is a class-play in the NIN slip.

The IMPROVED NIN costs N400 to download. However, I am somewhat convinced of what will likely play out.

1. The NIMC will discard the current slips and will most likely ask banks and other places where the ID is required to only honour the "IMPROVED NIN" or "PREMIUM NIN".
2. This will compel people to download for N400.
3. Say 50 million Nigerians pay N400 each to download the "IMPROVED NIN", this means the NIMC will be making N20 billion Naira from that alone. The number is a worst-case scenario since I anticipate that it will be mandated

MY QUESTIONS

1. Why is an identity commission bent on making money through the provision of NATIONAL IDs?
2. What is the purpose of the subscriptions its portal?
3. Why do Nigerians need NIMC CREDITS and why do we need to buy?
4. Why is there a PREMIUM NIN SLIP
5. Why do I need to pay N400 for a virtual card I will have to print and laminate on my own
6. Isn't it the duty of the Commission to provide Nigerians with FREE National IDs?
7. Who approved of this useless idea
8. Why do I have DEPENDENTS on my portal; implying I could share my subscriptions with them
9. Are the law-making arms of government aware of this daylight Oyenusi stunt? (Not like they are useful anyways but I am not sure there was any discussion on NIMC creating a money-making portal in the legislature.)
10. What is the endgame of government; to sap Nigerians further through insane anti-people policies as always and further create a class divide through the ID cards we carry around?
Let me answer Question-2.
The credits are used to verify.
If someone verifies you, you Won't be Charged at-all.
But if you verify someone, then, you would be charged 1-credit per verification.
Therefore, banks and other firms that would be doing lots of verifications are going to be needing the subscriptions.
Re: New Improved NIN Charges: What Is The Government's Endgame? by integridad: 8:30am On Jul 10, 2021
Re: New Improved NIN Charges: What Is The Government's Endgame? by mrSerious(m): 8:38am On Jul 10, 2021
Naija is broke! lol
Re: New Improved NIN Charges: What Is The Government's Endgame? by terpenoid(m): 10:04am On Jul 10, 2021
I really need that slip, please how can I go about it?
Sanchez01:
I saw this thread (https://www.nairaland.com/6641235/how-print-improved-nin-slip) last night and I wondered why the government can't be consistent for once. It is not just about getting Nigerians to link their NIN to their SIMs now but something else. I logged on to the portal (https://myportal.nimc.gov.ng/) this morning and saw some ridiculous things that only the Nigerian government is capable of attempting.

First, I was greeted with the picture below on the portal and I wondered why a National Commission tasked with regulating identity issues give me CREDITS (I have 30, according to my dashboard). Why would I need to purchase a SUBSCRIPTION from a government's portal; not just anyone but an IDENTITY COMMISSION PORTAL

As if that wasn't enough, I clicked through the subscription link only to find ridiculous tiers of subscriptions; from N100 to N1,000,000, all promising various degrees of credits. Is the government planning on charging Nigerians based on how their NIN QR codes or details are queried during verifications in banks, airports and in other places, particularly government establishments Why am I given 30 CREDITS if it doesn't matter or mean anything?

Not only that, but I also found out that there is a "PREMIUM NIN SLIP" section other than the "IMPROVED NIN SLIP". Although the "PREMIUM NIN SLIP" is currently unavailable, I am wondering why there is a class-play in the NIN slip.

The IMPROVED NIN costs N400 to download. However, I am somewhat convinced of what will likely play out.

1. The NIMC will discard the current slips and will most likely ask banks and other places where the ID is required to only honour the "IMPROVED NIN" or "PREMIUM NIN".
3. Say 50 million Nigerians pay N400 each to download the "IMPROVED NIN", this means the NIMC will be making N20 billion Naira from that alone. The number is a worst-case scenario since I anticipate that it will be mandated

MY QUESTIONS

1. Why is an identity commission bent on making money through the provision of NATIONAL IDs?
5. Why do I need to pay N400 for a virtual card I will have to print and laminate on my own
6. Isn't it the duty of the Commission to provide Nigerians with FREE National IDs?
8. Why do I have DEPENDENTS on my portal; implying I could share my subscriptions with them
9. Are the law-making arms of government aware of this daylight Oyenusi stunt? (Not like they are useful anyways but I am not sure there was any discussion on NIMC creating a money-making portal in the legislature.)
10. What is the endgame of government; to sap Nigerians further through insane anti-people policies as always and further create a class divide through the ID cards we carry around?
Re: New Improved NIN Charges: What Is The Government's Endgame? by MrNipplesLover(m): 2:18pm On Jul 10, 2021
Dead country...

What a shame.
Re: New Improved NIN Charges: What Is The Government's Endgame? by Totalconcept(m): 9:40pm On Jul 10, 2021
If I talk what I knew abut stupid uncomfortable and incomplete Idea of bunches of foolishness..... Some has mentioned above..... a lot of errors I don’t even know why this nin sef
Re: New Improved NIN Charges: What Is The Government's Endgame? by Madeu(m): 6:47am On Jul 11, 2021
Billyonaire666:

Sanchez01,

I have not gotten an NIN, and will not ever get one willfully, except I am coerced to do so. Because I saw these coming.

Know the following and be prepared. Nigerians, including you, are a commodity. Your data was obtained for the sole purpose of sales and profiteering. Remember, it is not just your biodata that was taken, your face and finger prints are digital copies of your entity, hence the need for an IDentity to be in a Database.

Y'all be forming being woke when it's not needed. You have international passport your facial scan and finger print were taken. I am them sure you have gotten visa to travel to other countries. Then was happened to your bio-inform that were gotten. Even your bank statement was submitted. FYI, another country has your digital copies of your entity.

1 Like

Re: New Improved NIN Charges: What Is The Government's Endgame? by nkpommpko(m): 8:34pm On Jul 11, 2021
Asiseeit:

Not sure why, all these underdeveloped government sites. Do you have another email address? Try it.

I only reserved the name online while I completed the process with offline agents. I read few stories of people who paid online and lost their money and I was wary of the scam happening again when I want to pay for the cert.
Ok thanks
Re: New Improved NIN Charges: What Is The Government's Endgame? by ebikels: 12:14pm On Jul 12, 2021
Ok
terpenoid:
I really need that slip, please how can I go about it?
Re: New Improved NIN Charges: What Is The Government's Endgame? by ebikels: 12:30pm On Jul 12, 2021
1) The NIMC Act promulgated in 2007 mandates the Commission to carry out certain functions.
NIMC as an Identity Management Agency that governs the central repository offers verification services as one of such functions.
Now individuals and corporate bodies are required to authenticate or validate the identity of persons seeking to carry out certain transactions.

2) Subscriptions grants a user access to premium services.

3) NIMC charges a premium for verification services that's why credit units are bought as an enabler to carry out such authentications. There are different subscription bundles tailored to serve various needs. There's no sense in subscribing to a bundle with 1 million units as an individual. That bundle is obviously for organisations with huge verification needs like financial institutions, PFAs and Telcos.

4) One common attribute in both the old and new improved slips issued by NIMC is the NATIONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER. A NIN slip is valid, regardless of the type or design of paper issued at the point of registration. Premium or non-premium design is irrelevant. Just pick your preferred design simple.

5) NIMC says the first issuance is free so why do you need another copy if you've already been issued?
You are only required to pay if you want another copy.

6) Yes, it is the Commissions duty to provide identification for free and payment is only applicable for re-issuance.

7) If in your thinking the idea is useless then propose a better alternative.

cool Your dependants are minors that have enrolled and submitted your NIN as a parent or guardian.
You cannot transfer verification units to them.

9) Section 10(c) of the NIMC Act empowers the Commission to set and collect fees for certain services.

10) If developing and operating an identity management system as obtainable in the 21st century is tantamount to an insane anti-people policy then so be it.

Sanchez01:

MY QUESTIONS

Re: New Improved NIN Charges: What Is The Government's Endgame? by IMAliyu(m): 4:00pm On Jul 17, 2021
I bought the improved nin slip out of curiosity.

The actual price is N578 not N400

And this is what it looks like.

Re: New Improved NIN Charges: What Is The Government's Endgame? by Oluwapomile1: 7:48am On Nov 01, 2021
Sanchez01:

As if that wasn't enough, I clicked through the subscription link only to find ridiculous tiers of subscriptions; from N100 to N1,000,000, all promising various degrees of credits. [b]Is the government planning on charging Nigerians based on how their NIN QR codes or details are queried during verifications in banks, airports and in other places, particularly government establishments

Hello. Good morning.

Please how are you able to login to the above mentioned portal? Or are you an enrollment agent?
Re: New Improved NIN Charges: What Is The Government's Endgame? by Sanchez01: 8:38am On Nov 01, 2021
Oluwapomile1:

Hello. Good morning.

Please how are you able to login to the above mentioned portal? Or are you an enrollment agent?

I was able to. No, I'm not.

1 Like

Re: New Improved NIN Charges: What Is The Government's Endgame? by Oluwapomile1: 9:03am On Nov 01, 2021
Sanchez01:

I was able to. No, I'm not.

Ok. What did you use as UserID please?

Edit: Never mind.
Re: New Improved NIN Charges: What Is The Government's Endgame? by engreddy(m): 9:45am On Dec 01, 2021
Sanchez01:

MY QUESTIONS

Did you have answers to these questions 1 year after?
Re: New Improved NIN Charges: What Is The Government's Endgame? by rottennaija(m): 9:55am On Dec 01, 2021
chatinent:
All your why-questions point to one thing: man's government has failed.
Exactly, so which has succeeded? Gods? Do not forget it was God's govt that everything scattered. If God couldn't govern with just 2 people in the world, you honestly expect man to govern with billions of people?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"Video Of SARS Akin Fakorede Hijacking Election Results Has Vindicated Me" -Wike / APC Using Osinbajo To Mask Buhari's Religious Bias - RCCG Pastor / Labour Party Reacts To Attack On ObiFlagBoy In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.