Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,003 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

AGF, IGP To Decide Magu’s Fate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / AGF, IGP To Decide Magu’s Fate (6281 Views)

Magu’s Fate Hangs 5 Months After Salami Report / Breaking: Court Restrains Sacked Oyo Lg Chairmen, Agf, Igp From Forceful Takeove / Battle Rages Over Magu’s Fate As EFCC Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

AGF, IGP To Decide Magu’s Fate by Islie: 9:28am On Jul 09, 2021
…as Police Commission promotes 332 CPs, other senior officers

The Police Service Commission (PSC), Thursday, announced the promotion of a total of 332 senior officers to the next ranks, as well as confirmation of the acting appointments of three Deputy Inspectors General (DIGs) of Police.

While 24 Commissioners of Police (CPs) were promoted to the rank of Assistant Inspectors General of Police (AIGs), a total of 35 Deputy Commissioners of Police were elevated to the rank of CP.

The PSC, which made the disclosure in a statement by its spokesperson, Mr. Ikechukwu Ani, said it declined the promotion of suspended Acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Mr. Ibrahim Magu, pending clearance from the Office of the Attorney General of the Federation (OAGF) and Minister of Justice, as well as that of the Inspector General of Police.

The development comes few days after reports of possible promotion of Magu, who is a CP, to the rank of AIG, surfaced online, forcing reactions from some individuals and groups, including the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). According to the statement, the decisions were the highpoints of the commission’s 12th plenary meeting held on Tuesday and Wednesday. Apart from the CPs and DCPs, the Commission also approved the elevation of 52 Assistant Commissioners of Police (ACPs) to DCPs, 46 Chief Superintendents of Police (CSPs) to Assistant Commissioners, 10 Superintendents of Police (SPs) to the next rank of CSP, among others. “The Commission also approved the promotion of 24 Commissioners of Police to the next rank of Assistant Inspectors General of Police.

“The Commission, however, declined the promotion of CP, Ibrahim Magu, former Acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) pending clearance from the office of the Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice and the Office of the Inspector General of Police.

“Similarly the Commission approved the promotion of 35 Deputy Commissioners of Police, to the rank of Commissioners, 52 Assistant Commissioners of Police to Deputy Commissioners and 46 Chief Superintendents of Police to Assistant Commissioners.”

https://www.newtelegraphng.com/agf-igp-to-decide-magus-fate/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AGF, IGP To Decide Magu’s Fate by Ajecttope: 11:46am On Jul 09, 2021
Criminals chasing criminal
Re: AGF, IGP To Decide Magu’s Fate by Dannybammz: 11:46am On Jul 09, 2021
I've been trying to renew my UAE Residence Visa but it keeps getting rejected.
Nigeria has been added to their Blacklist.
Some Nigerians have spoiled our image in the UAE and its affecting us all.
So saddening!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: AGF, IGP To Decide Magu’s Fate by Ddmase: 11:46am On Jul 09, 2021
In a developed country, the story would've been different by now.

Anyway, I will Design a Professional Logo or Company Letterhead for your Business for 2k Only

MY Contact Here
https://www.nairaland.com/ddmase
Re: AGF, IGP To Decide Magu’s Fate by sam564: 11:47am On Jul 09, 2021
we await the judgement!!!!!!!!
Re: AGF, IGP To Decide Magu’s Fate by Nobody: 11:47am On Jul 09, 2021
Hmmm
Re: AGF, IGP To Decide Magu’s Fate by englishmart(m): 11:48am On Jul 09, 2021
Magu should be jailed for a minimum of 45-years without trial

2 Likes

Re: AGF, IGP To Decide Magu’s Fate by UstazAhmed(m): 11:48am On Jul 09, 2021
Corruption fighting back
Re: AGF, IGP To Decide Magu’s Fate by valentineuwakwe(m): 11:50am On Jul 09, 2021
Story story..the fate wey Mr. MALAMI don use panel decide since.....

While let northerners fight themselves,n.a. look I go dey here dey look!
Re: AGF, IGP To Decide Magu’s Fate by sonofElElyon: 11:52am On Jul 09, 2021
Clearance from malami is wishful thinking.. and the IGP will not risk the cabal's ire...
No promotion for Magu

1 Like

Re: AGF, IGP To Decide Magu’s Fate by NwaNimo1(m): 11:53am On Jul 09, 2021
Re: AGF, IGP To Decide Magu’s Fate by moneyissweet(m): 11:57am On Jul 09, 2021
Very useless and selfish country...I left there since year 2000.

Dannybammz:
So saddening!
Re: AGF, IGP To Decide Magu’s Fate by Fiscus105(m): 11:57am On Jul 09, 2021
Malami the defacto president.

Before Kyari passed on, he handed over baton of leadership to Malami.

Again in 1983 lifeless was figure head while Idiagbon held sway.
Re: AGF, IGP To Decide Magu’s Fate by frog12: 11:59am On Jul 09, 2021
IF the guy is corrupt, then charge am !

why the delay ?
Re: AGF, IGP To Decide Magu’s Fate by Enyimbamercedes: 12:40pm On Jul 09, 2021
Hello Magu,

Say hello to my friend, Karma

Because of you and your fake trial, an army colonel was denied promotion for over 6 years.

Now it’s your turn. This life na turn by turn

Enjoy
Re: AGF, IGP To Decide Magu’s Fate by culf: 12:46pm On Jul 09, 2021
make them leave this man alone, all of them are the same.
Re: AGF, IGP To Decide Magu’s Fate by Sbabanani: 2:58pm On Jul 09, 2021
failure to renew your visa is really disturbing. but i don't know why you don't blame Buhari for that.
thank you
Re: AGF, IGP To Decide Magu’s Fate by Oasisi: 4:00pm On Jul 09, 2021
Dannybammz:
So saddening!

Has nothing to do with Nigerians
This is due to the surge in COVID-19 in the country.
Even other countries like Saudi Arabia was also suspended.

You should mail them back and ask if this is COVID-19 related

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Is number 14 On The List Of World Failed States / Minister Explains Reintroduction Of Toll Gates / 157 LASTMA Officers Sacked Over Misconduct

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.