Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,918 members, 7,821,214 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:57 AM

Justice For Afrosix Jara - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Justice For Afrosix Jara (199 Views)

Olu Of Warri’s Wife Calls For Justice For Sylvester Oromoni (Photos) / Peace Is Back.... An Op-ed From Afrosix Jaara / Madonna University: Justice For Stephanie Who Died On Campus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Justice For Afrosix Jara by Jodaan(m): 9:58am On Jul 09, 2021
I've never been ashamed to talk about my falls because it never kept me down. Everything that happens in this life is designed by God and it's for a purpose.

Some years ago in my second year in University of Uyo, I was attacked by cultist. The pressure they mounted on me to join them was too much. They stopped me from attending classes, collected my phone(s) and money from me on many occasions.

I was still very young, struggling with the memories of molestation from gays in boarding school. My parents were in Lagos and I had this character of keeping to myself although I was proud, very proud.

From permanent site to town campus, cultist were everywhere, waiting to collect anything they can get for sale. On many occassions Shabalala (those who knew him) would rescue me from their beatings.

I gave up on Uniuyo at Sociality 2012, when I was beaten mercilessly by some of them, because I refuse to break the promise I made to my mom. I had promised her never to join cult.

My grades diminished since I couldn't go to classes, what were you expecting?

Somewhere in 2013, I wrote a letter to the vice chancellor to start from year 2 again while my coursemate where in year 4. I submitted all documents and traveled to Lagos to face my parents in shame.

On my way to Lagos, the bus I boarded was robbed and the robbers went away with the bag containing my documents, thinking it was money. One of the robbers hit my neck that's why I can't bend my head to read for three straight hours nor play football again.

While I was still having nightmares of the robbery attack, I heard about Uniuyo riot and how they burnt the office I had submitted my documents to.

Where is HOPE?

Fast forward to 2016, I got admission again and escaped being initiated into a cult group on the first day of resumption. I started speaking up for myself. I didn't shut up when they came close.

A group once approached me and said, "we know you were a cultist in Uniuyo, let's continue the movement here", I looked at them and smiled, walked away because I knew I was better.

June 23rd 2021, I read paragraph 11 of the Prof Nse Essien conversation with a report which states, "APART FROM THAT, THIS SAME STUDENT HAD ALREADY BEEN EXPELLED FROM THE UNIVERSITY OF UYO."

I was angry. I saw people share the fake news, so I moved straight to Uniuyo to get a voluntary withdrawal letter. When I got to permanent site, I saw two of my colleagues. One was a lecturer while the other was a masters students.

I wasn't ashamed because i wasn't the proud human anymore. I learnt to be humble although I have Jesus and madness too.

I got what I needed from the department and while I was about to leave a voice said, "don't take your vice chancellor to court for his statement, he was misled, I haven't given you permission to do that".

I refused to listen to him but he came through in my dreams to confirm his words.

Two days ago, Gideon Edem was called to Bar and his first major won could have been DEFAMATION OF CHARACTER against the VICE CHANCELLOR of AKSU but God said no, it won't be like that, just hold your peace and allow me do my job.

I drew my strength from single mothers. I drew strength from big sister that reminds me pains doesn't last forever. Uniuyo was a preparation ground to withstand what has been happening to the oppresseed in AKSU.

I've been called names like cultist, fool, drop out, lazy, unfortunate, beggar, cursed and etc, yet I gazed at the cross where he died for my sake.

I'm grateful the King has washed his hands off, let the messenger carry the cross of his actions. Thanks for the congratulations but MY DEMANDS ARE CLEAR AND PINPOINTED.

Don't be scared to prove I broke the rules and regulations in the school handbook and matriculation oath. I defended myself before Commissioners and I'll still defend myself politely before the JUDGE.

Without trouble in your life, you won't understand God's existence.

To my motivation Inibehe Effiong, Thank you for speaking up for me as history will vindicate the JUST.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

4 Documents You Must Have If You Want To Study Abroad / Neco 2021 Geography Physical And Practical(obj)questions And Answers,geography / Exams Assistance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.