Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,989 members, 7,863,536 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 07:37 PM

Insects Infested Spice - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Insects Infested Spice (356 Views)

How To Make Homemade Peppersoup Spice And Chicken Peppersoup / Tired Of Nigerian Food? Join Me. Variety Is The SPICE For The BELLE. / Please Where Is The No 1 Spice Shop Or Market In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Insects Infested Spice by Zico777(m): 10:59am On Jul 09, 2021
I bought a popular brand of paprika spice which I last used about 2 months ago.

Only for me to open it today and discovered it has been infested with some strange type of insects.

It has not yet even reached it expiry date which is still year 2023 according to the manufacturer.

It's been on the shelve all these time or is there a special way of keeping or storing paprika?

Re: Insects Infested Spice by Nobody: 9:16am On Jul 10, 2021
Maybe you dipped a wet spoon into it the last time you used it and didn't later preserve it well.

Those will be insects and bacteria that grow from roots of spice when it comes in contact with air and water.
Re: Insects Infested Spice by Zico777(m): 8:41pm On Jul 10, 2021
No there was nothing like that.
I am the type that wipes spoons b4 dipping it into any powdery substance.
Re: Insects Infested Spice by Nobody: 6:32am On Jul 11, 2021
Zico777:
No there was nothing like that.
I am the type that wipes spoons b4 dipping it into any powdery substance.

Ok. maybe it came in contact with air.
Re: Insects Infested Spice by Zico777(m): 10:34am On Jul 11, 2021
CharisEleos:

Ok. maybe it's came in contact with air.
Probably! I made further research online,learnt it's best preserved in the refrigerator.

(1) (Reply)

(26 Language Subtitles) How To Make Crispy French Fries :: Potato Snacks / Easy Tips On How To Make Roasted Groundnut / Continuous Ice Cream Making Machine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.