Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,748 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Sunday Igboho Ready To Drop Yoruba Nation Agitation – Oluwo Begs Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sunday Igboho Ready To Drop Yoruba Nation Agitation – Oluwo Begs Buhari (2780 Views)

How Tinubu ‘killed’ Yoruba Nation Agitation / Ghana Begs Buhari To Open Closed Border / Osun Election - Davido Begs Buhari: 'You Are Man Of Integrity Sir, Please Do..' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sunday Igboho Ready To Drop Yoruba Nation Agitation – Oluwo Begs Buhari by NigeriaZoo: 6:52pm On Jul 09, 2021
President Muhammadu Buhari has been called on by the Oluwo of Iwo, Oba Abdulrasheed Akanbi, to forgive Yoruba activist, Sunday Igboho over his agitation for the Yoruba nation.

The monarch also urged the President to withdraw security operatives from hunting the activist, adding that he has warned him on his approach of agitation.

Oba Akanbi further stated that he has forgiven Igboho even though Igboho insulted him.

The monarch cited the cases of the late politician, MKO Abiola and late activist, Ken Saro-Wiwa, who died in the course of fighting for the freedom of their people, as a lesson for Igboho and other agitations.

Oba Akanbi revealed this in a statement titled, ‘Igboho Saga: Oluwo Intervenes, Writes Buhari’ made available to SaharaReporters on Friday.

The statement reads, “I extend my cool, warmest royal greetings to the number one citizen, President Muhammed Buhari. I have the hope your day is the same as mine. As a Muslim, you are not unaware of the peculiarity of Friday, being one of the days for forgiveness.”

“Nigerians most especially ardent readers and witnesses of history will not forget in haste many suspicious circumstances that consumed many nationalists. One of the leading and still fresh was the Egba born aristocrat, Moshood Kasimawo Olawale Abiola who died on July 7th, 1998. Ken Saro Wiwa equally had his taste. Almost all regions of the Nigerian State have had their taste of such occurrence. The prologue and epilogue were historically preserved to be a lesson.”

“But when a child is a slow learner, the parents will have to guide, guard and educate several times before a stable momentum. Silence of the parents at times may be translated to support but not necessarily. Not all children appreciate their parents at the point of moral discipline. Disciplinarians tell the truth to positively shape the children’s future. But when the child tells you your mouth is smelling, you stay back and observe.”

“However, responsible a father will not throw his child away with the bathwater. I say this to let your Excellency understand the position of most Royal Fathers and stakeholders on agitation for the Yoruba nation. We warned him.”

“However, Sunday Adeyemo popularly known as Sunday Igboho earned his popularity as an activist whose joy is to liberate the cheated. He started as such and grew with it. His strategy is not known to me because I’m not in his camp. Whenever I’ve information about his move, I do call him to order.”

“He visited my palace sometime in 2018. I give pieces of advice when sought. Instead of Igboho to distinctively differentiate between agitation towards government and inter groups activism, he failed. At a point, he abused stakeholders with spurious allegations. I was the first on the list for drumming support for one Nigeria.”

“As a father, I’ve personally forgiven him. And I’m personally beseeching your Excellency as the number one citizen of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to demonstrate your magnanimity by forgiven our promising son, Chief Adeyemo Sunday Igboho.”

He also described Sunday Igboho as a learner in handling issues pertaining to the government but added that he is a gift to the Yoruba people.

He is a novice in handling issues against the government. He is a gift to us in Yoruba. He has pledged his readiness to listen to us. I appeal to your Excellency to slow down the security trail on Sunday Igboho. I have the assurance adhering to this piece will go a long way in strengthening the unity of Nigeria. I promise your Excellency that Igboho will mind his steps henceforth. He has suffered a lot. He would step down agitations. I will bring him for a peace talk at an appropriate time.”

“Liberal struggles are won on intelligentsia merit. Arsenals without strategy is a defeated battle. These and many more, I supposed he has learnt and ready to mend his way. Nigeria is an indivisible entity that cannot be torn overnight for whatever reason. Let’s forgive to move on and up. The strength is not only in diversity but also in forgiveness.

“In conclusion, we have seen the handwriting. When the government speaks different languages, the wise ruminates and take caution. I commend your efforts geared towards combating crimes, checkmating banditry and curtailing criminalities and your vigorous fight against corruption. Most importantly, your commitment to infrastructural growth is unequalled. One Nigeria, great future,” he added.

https://www./2021/07/09/sunday-igboho-ready-to-drop-yoruba-nation-agitation-oluwo-begs-buhari/

Re: Sunday Igboho Ready To Drop Yoruba Nation Agitation – Oluwo Begs Buhari by nairalandankrah: 6:52pm On Jul 09, 2021
See how he looks like a clown grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sunday Igboho Ready To Drop Yoruba Nation Agitation – Oluwo Begs Buhari by Simplyleo: 6:54pm On Jul 09, 2021
nairalandankrah:
See how he looks like a clown grin
Better than this clown

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sunday Igboho Ready To Drop Yoruba Nation Agitation – Oluwo Begs Buhari by majamajic(m): 6:54pm On Jul 09, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Sunday Igboho Ready To Drop Yoruba Nation Agitation – Oluwo Begs Buhari by BiafIntel: 6:54pm On Jul 09, 2021
Check out the name of the monarch and you can start to connect the dots.

13 Likes

Re: Sunday Igboho Ready To Drop Yoruba Nation Agitation – Oluwo Begs Buhari by fourboys: 6:54pm On Jul 09, 2021
embarassed embarassed
Re: Sunday Igboho Ready To Drop Yoruba Nation Agitation – Oluwo Begs Buhari by NigeriaZoo: 6:55pm On Jul 09, 2021
Simplyleo:

Better than this clown

Auchi head slammer how now.

23 Likes

Re: Sunday Igboho Ready To Drop Yoruba Nation Agitation – Oluwo Begs Buhari by nairalandankrah: 6:56pm On Jul 09, 2021
Simplyleo:

Better than this clown

Simple slave. grin
Comedy everywhere grin

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sunday Igboho Ready To Drop Yoruba Nation Agitation – Oluwo Begs Buhari by Wawelexy(m): 6:57pm On Jul 09, 2021
Wettin dey worry this man sef? Who sabi am among yoruba monarch? Make person tell am say dem dey dethrone kings oo.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sunday Igboho Ready To Drop Yoruba Nation Agitation – Oluwo Begs Buhari by nabiz(m): 6:57pm On Jul 09, 2021
loooooooool freedom is the most expensive product in the market

3 Likes

Re: Sunday Igboho Ready To Drop Yoruba Nation Agitation – Oluwo Begs Buhari by theTranslator: 6:58pm On Jul 09, 2021
When will this guy be dethroned? angry

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sunday Igboho Ready To Drop Yoruba Nation Agitation – Oluwo Begs Buhari by colorsofrainbow: 6:59pm On Jul 09, 2021
Simplyleo:

Better than this clown

Fulani terrorist trying out his new learnt divide and rule tactic grin

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sunday Igboho Ready To Drop Yoruba Nation Agitation – Oluwo Begs Buhari by Abdul05: 7:08pm On Jul 09, 2021
Simplyleo:

Better than this clown
cheesy grin grin
Re: Sunday Igboho Ready To Drop Yoruba Nation Agitation – Oluwo Begs Buhari by ShadowCracker(m): 7:12pm On Jul 09, 2021
This yahoo druggie king doing the work of a certain politician in Lagos because of ijekuje, no suprises.

But you see that Yoruba nation, it is no going back, anybody to ba ni pe Yoruba nation o ni duro, o ma duro leyin eni na.

Next >>>.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sunday Igboho Ready To Drop Yoruba Nation Agitation – Oluwo Begs Buhari by oluztx: 7:13pm On Jul 09, 2021
Look at the illiterate coward clown Afonjas are comparing to Nnamdi Kanu? These afonjas are one of the most tribalistic people on this earth; these people don't like Igboho at all, they are just pretending all to have their own Nnamdi kanu because they don't want Nnamdi kanu getting all the credit and would rather say "Nnamdi kanu and Sunday Igboho." When the whole world knows Nnamdi Knau has been doing this for over 8 yrs now, while Igboho just started last yr....give me a break! That's why they keep attacking and sending negative threads about Nnamdi Kanu to bring him to the level of illiterate Igboho, big clown.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sunday Igboho Ready To Drop Yoruba Nation Agitation – Oluwo Begs Buhari by benuejosh: 7:14pm On Jul 09, 2021
The President and Commander in Chief of the Federal Republic of Nigeria will speak in a language they will all understand. One Nigeria. No body is going anywhere. One Nigeria can not be negotiated.
Re: Sunday Igboho Ready To Drop Yoruba Nation Agitation – Oluwo Begs Buhari by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jul 09, 2021
Who sent this bastard message?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sunday Igboho Ready To Drop Yoruba Nation Agitation – Oluwo Begs Buhari by tillaman(m): 7:21pm On Jul 09, 2021
sad

1 Like

Re: Sunday Igboho Ready To Drop Yoruba Nation Agitation – Oluwo Begs Buhari by Overcome1: 7:22pm On Jul 09, 2021
Let there be peace
Re: Sunday Igboho Ready To Drop Yoruba Nation Agitation – Oluwo Begs Buhari by AroleOduduwa2: 7:22pm On Jul 09, 2021
Oba Lil Wayne is now feeling like King Kong, who made him the spokesperson for Sunday Igboho or Yoruba’s.
Re: Sunday Igboho Ready To Drop Yoruba Nation Agitation – Oluwo Begs Buhari by 2special(m): 7:30pm On Jul 09, 2021
ShadowCracker:
This yahoo druggie king doing the work of a certain politician in Lagos because of ijekuje, no suprises.

But you see that Yoruba nation, it is no going back, anybody to ba ni pe Yoruba nation o ni duro, o ma duro leyin eni na.

Next >>>.
Re: Sunday Igboho Ready To Drop Yoruba Nation Agitation – Oluwo Begs Buhari by aribisala0(m): 7:34pm On Jul 09, 2021
AroleOduduwa2:
Oba Lil Wayne is now feeling like King Kong, who made him the spokesperson for Sunday Igboho or Yoruba’s.
True but who made Igboho spokesman for the Yorubas. If Sunday Igboho had stuck to the Herdsman matter it would have been difficult to attack him as they did last week.
He is not the best person to push Yoruba nation agenda
It is dangerous to link the two.
Are we to say fulani are chasing us out of Nigeia? Why can't we chase them out instead?

4 Likes

Re: Sunday Igboho Ready To Drop Yoruba Nation Agitation – Oluwo Begs Buhari by Realtalk20: 7:57pm On Jul 09, 2021
Simplyleo:

Better than this clown

We know but coming from you this comment is just distasteful

Talkative

1 Like

Re: Sunday Igboho Ready To Drop Yoruba Nation Agitation – Oluwo Begs Buhari by AroleOduduwa2: 8:03pm On Jul 09, 2021
aribisala0:
True but who made Igboho spokesman for the Yorubas. If Sunday Igboho had stuck to the Herdsman matter it would have been difficult to attack him as they did last week.
Are we to say fulani are chasing us out of Nigeia? Why can't we chase them out instead?

Igboho speaks the mind of many others, I love the fact that he help chase the killer herders from Ibarapa. He’s proactive compared to Oluwo and also speaks the truth.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sunday Igboho Ready To Drop Yoruba Nation Agitation – Oluwo Begs Buhari by mbaise1000: 8:08pm On Jul 09, 2021
Wow, I DON'T expect this story to be true
Re: Sunday Igboho Ready To Drop Yoruba Nation Agitation – Oluwo Begs Buhari by ShadowCracker(m): 8:16pm On Jul 09, 2021
aribisala0:
Have you heard of Prof Banji Akintoye or George Akinola.

Sunday Igboho is just an agitator of Yoruba nation, he never said he was a leader.

Sunday Igboho is a like a cult hero to those of us who appreciate what he has done a Odanran Fulani.

That is why he is the face of the movement, doesn't mean he can't have educated, or knowledged people advise him.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sunday Igboho Ready To Drop Yoruba Nation Agitation – Oluwo Begs Buhari by aribisala0(m): 8:25pm On Jul 09, 2021
ShadowCracker:

Have you heard of Prof Banji Akintoye or George Akinola.

Sunday Igboho is just an agitator of Yoruba nation, he never said he was a leader.

Sunday Igboho is a like a cult hero to those of us who appreciate what he has done a Odanran Fulani.

That is why he is the face of the movement, doesn't mean he can't have educated, or knowledged people advise him.
My point is Sunday Igboho should have left the Yoruba Nation matter
He does not have the capacity to organize that fight
Unfortunately being a cult hero means that people are afraid to tell him the truth and there is a danger of undermining any struggle for a Yoruba Nation.

The Bottomline is if you do not have guns to confront the FG you should not use IPOB methods where you have an unquestionable cult hero who is cursing anyone who does no agree with their agenda.
Anyone who believes in a Yoruba nation has to decide whether they are going to achieve it by diplomacy or with guns. Which of the two is Igboho's plan?
I have been repeatedly called Fulani slave for opposing the agitation. That is not the way to go.
Also all this talk of magical powers is quite stupid. Is that how Yoruba nation will be achieved ?
Do you want to turn Yoruba land to a space filled with IDPs?

Even if I will align with Yoruba Nation it will not be under Igboho
Traditionally Warriors or Balogun class do not lead politically in Yoruba. We are not going to line up behind Igboho or Gani Adams.
Yoruba have to act sensibly and patiently
What I would have expected Igboho to do is patiently arm himself and confront the herdsmen with zero attention to himself
Has anyone come out to declare himself head of bandits or Boko Haram and then go and live peacefully in GRA
Why is Igboho allowing all those silly films to be made about him
This is serious business , a marathon not a sprint.

4 Likes

Re: Sunday Igboho Ready To Drop Yoruba Nation Agitation – Oluwo Begs Buhari by notym2chektym: 8:31pm On Jul 09, 2021
This one na full slave

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sunday Igboho Ready To Drop Yoruba Nation Agitation – Oluwo Begs Buhari by RenaissanceGuy: 8:44pm On Jul 09, 2021
Null and void. We've crossed the Rubicon.
Re: Sunday Igboho Ready To Drop Yoruba Nation Agitation – Oluwo Begs Buhari by aribisala0(m): 8:54pm On Jul 09, 2021
Whether or not Yoruba Nation happens will not be because of Igboho

What the events of the last few years show is that millions of people can line up behind a charismatic leader investing them with all their hopes and aspirations as if they were superhuman only to find out that they are human and not what people believed them to be

1. Muhammadu Buhari
2. Nnamdi Kanu

let us not add Igboho to that list

To all those shouting Yoruba Nation . I ask HOW is it going to happen by a live televised debate or by bullets

Is God going to part the Red sea so the Yoruba can cross on dry land while Pharaoh drowns.

The simple truth is we must not copy IPOB which is what Igboho seems to be doing

If the way is bullets you must recruit , train and arm . Are those resources ready?

The same Igboho that is vulnerable to his bank account being frozen? Where will the money come from?

The truth is any potential Yoruba nation is not a 3 month project and won't happen by rallies .What is the plan if Igboho is killed.?

In that respect even Boko Haram are better organized

2 Likes

Re: Sunday Igboho Ready To Drop Yoruba Nation Agitation – Oluwo Begs Buhari by GodHatesBigots(m): 8:55pm On Jul 09, 2021
aribisala0:
Whether or not Yoruba Nation happens will not be because of Igboho

What the events of the last few years show is that millions of people can line up behind a charismatic leader investing them with all their hopes and aspirations as if they were superhuman only to find out that they are human and not what people believed them to be

1. Muhammadu Buhari
2. Nnamdi Kanu

let us not add Igboho to that list

To all those shouting Yoruba Nation . I ask HOW is it going to happen by a live televised debate or by bullets

Is God going to part the Red sea so the Yoruba can cross on dry land while Pharaoh drowns.

The simple truth is we must not copy IPOB which is what Igboho seems to be doing

If the way is bullets you must recruit , train and arm . Are those resources ready?

The same Igboho that is vulnerable to his bank account being frozen? Where will the money come from?

The truth is any potential Yoruba nation is not a 3 month project and won't happen by rallies .What is the plan if Igboho is killed.?

In that respect even Boko Haram are better organized

I have a better plan, do nothing.
Re: Sunday Igboho Ready To Drop Yoruba Nation Agitation – Oluwo Begs Buhari by aribisala0(m): 8:56pm On Jul 09, 2021
GodHatesBigots:

I have a better plan, do nothing.
Which is what you are doing already. Keep it up

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Reno Omokri's Facebook And IG Accounts Suspended. SEE WHY / Second Reason Why Obi Was Detained In The UK / First Daughter Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria''- President Tinubu's Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.