Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,991 members, 7,814,388 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:05 PM

Game Console: Ps3 Or Xbox 360 Elite - Gaming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Game Console: Ps3 Or Xbox 360 Elite (5888 Views)

XBOX One Game Console By Microsoft / Please Convince Me: Ps3 Or Xbox 360? / Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Console: Ps3 Or Xbox 360 Elite by ndividual: 2:43pm On Jan 20, 2009
I'm sure i will. How's your xbox controller now?
Re: Game Console: Ps3 Or Xbox 360 Elite by malikalhaj: 8:25pm On Jan 20, 2009
still having problems, had to bring out my wired pad, Hopefully i'll return it by weekend
Re: Game Console: Ps3 Or Xbox 360 Elite by vowiski(m): 5:50am On Jan 26, 2009
malikalhaj:

still having problems, had to bring out my wired pad, Hopefully i'll return it by weekend
huh? lol.
it's a normal routine for xbox owners,
cheers
play b3yound!
Re: Game Console: Ps3 Or Xbox 360 Elite by malikalhaj: 4:40pm On Feb 10, 2009
vowiski:

huh? lol.
it's a normal routine for xbox owners,
cheers
play b3yound!

u got serious issues
Re: Game Console: Ps3 Or Xbox 360 Elite by SontoneriE(m): 6:58pm On Sep 12, 2009
Hello Everyone. Please and please i really need help. I'm looking forward to buy fifa 09 or fifa 10 for my xbox360 elite. Am getting very angry that it's very hard to get latest xbox360 cds, anyway, anyone that can get should contact me, I have the money for the purchase ready. i'll trade my xbox360 out if i can't get the cds i want cos am getting tired,

IM me or send me a mail, sontoolatunji2002@yahoo.com, Pls the cd must be original and in a NTSC format, NOT PAL,

IM me on the yahoo mssngr, am mostly online,  cheesy smiley grin
Re: Game Console: Ps3 Or Xbox 360 Elite by No2Atheism(m): 11:28pm On Sep 15, 2009
Xbox 360 Elite all the way abeg . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iWqUf9d8sg

[flash=400,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/9iWqUf9d8sg[/flash]

Come and get beat . . . thank you.
Re: Game Console: Ps3 Or Xbox 360 Elite by blacklion(m): 4:47pm On Sep 24, 2009
Guys, I'm thinking seriously about getting an Xbox. I've done reading up on the web and its claimed that the new version of Xbox, the Arcade is less likely to have RROD because of the new Jasper chip esp compared with Elite or older models.

Is this Arcade version now available in Nigeria? Does any one here have it? How reliable is it?

Also are there competent technicians in Nigeria that can handle RROD problem?

Thanks!
Re: Game Console: Ps3 Or Xbox 360 Elite by scottN(m): 4:54pm On Sep 24, 2009
I'm actually gunning for the PS3 Slim. Does anybody know where i can get it in Lagos?
Re: Game Console: Ps3 Or Xbox 360 Elite by echowords(m): 1:24pm On Nov 29, 2009
@blacklion
make sure u buy a system with a manufacturing date after august 2008.

does someone know where i get mass effect i went to shoprite on a wednesday i saw it for 4500, i came back on saturday to buy it and
i saw the same cd but now the price was 8000.
Re: Game Console: Ps3 Or Xbox 360 Elite by blacklion(m): 2:08pm On Nov 29, 2009
echowords:

@blacklion
make sure u buy a system with a manufacturing date after august 2008.

does someone know where i get mass effect i went to shoprite on a wednesday i saw it for 4500, i came back on saturday to buy it and
i saw the same cd but now the price was 8000.

Thanks my brother! That's what I've been hearing generally. I'm arranging with a friend in the states to ship a 360 Elite black model to me. He will definitely check the manufacturing date to ensure its a new model with Jasper chip.
Re: Game Console: Ps3 Or Xbox 360 Elite by ritchboy(m): 3:40pm On Nov 29, 2009
^^ all black models are post 2008. . . unless the buyer painted it cheesy
Re: Game Console: Ps3 Or Xbox 360 Elite by SontoneriE(m): 11:24pm On Nov 29, 2009
I have my xbox360 elite(black) with 120GB hard disk for sale.
fifa 08,
fifa 10(new),
spider man,
assassin's creed,
halo 3
are also included.

2 wireless pads,
pad charger,
head/ear peas

included also.

Amount 60k, contact me if interested.

sontoolatunji2002@yahoo.com or IM me via messenger.

Regards.
Re: Game Console: Ps3 Or Xbox 360 Elite by kosovo(m): 4:32pm On Dec 05, 2009
@blacklion
new model with Jasper chip.
= Error 74 grin Ouch!
Re: Game Console: Ps3 Or Xbox 360 Elite by vowiski(m): 6:11pm On Dec 05, 2009
i thought we were through with this
who needs an xbox360 when Killzone 2, Uncharted 2 looks an entire generation ahead of the amazingly unimpressive 360 entire showings. . .
Re: Game Console: Ps3 Or Xbox 360 Elite by lungwun(m): 10:14am On Dec 06, 2009
Oh my god! Do you ever shut up, You have a PS3, lucky you, stick with the console you
chose and stop trying to make yourself feel better with your insanely stupid comments about the xbox 360.
how old are you? 16? Enough of this fanboyism. I thought Nintendo had already proven that Graphics alone do not make a
good console?
Rubbish!
Re: Game Console: Ps3 Or Xbox 360 Elite by blacklion(m): 10:30am On Dec 06, 2009
@ lungwun,

thanks for educating the fanboys! grin

a question - have you had any episode of over-heating with using Xbox 360? Will it help to have the AC on all the time when it is used?

Alternatively, will using a standing fan or a desk fan blowing on the console when in use help to prevent over-heating?
Re: Game Console: Ps3 Or Xbox 360 Elite by kosovo(m): 11:03am On Dec 06, 2009
lungwun:

Oh my god! Do you ever shut up, You have a PS3, lucky you, stick with the console you
chose and stop trying to make yourself feel better with your insanely silly comments about the xbox 360.
how old are you? 16? Enough of this fanboyism. I thought Nintendo had already proven that Graphics alone do not make a
good console?

Rubbish!

so the wii is better than the PS3?.
Do you think if the PS3 lunched with a starting price like PS2, the wii would have had a chance?
   how many wii games have won Game of the YEAR?
by the time the PS3 get it's 1:1 lag less motion controller, and games with better graphics are ported to the PS3. you know what going to happen?. Think Again!
  Don't Forget PS3 has Ten year Life Cycle. It would most definitely surpass the wii in sales.
Xbox Biggest franchise = Halo and its out
Nintendo Biggest franchise = Mario and it's out
Playstation Biggest franchise = Grand torismo and it's not out.
   No Grand torismo Game has sold less than 10 Million copies, AND it's capable of pushing millions of console out of the selves.
Re: Game Console: Ps3 Or Xbox 360 Elite by lungwun(m): 11:21am On Dec 06, 2009
Mr kosovo, by that remark, i was simply replying to vowiski's comment about the looks of killzone 2 and uncharted 2
i never explicitly said the wii was better than the ps3 i only referred to their sales margins and market share.
every company enters into a business to make profit. sony, makes a loss on every ps3 sold (ROCE is low) i have owned both
consoles (and still do) but when going out to buy a new release, i buy it on the 360. why? the online experience is better.
and for my large hands, the controller feels more comfortable.
i understand where you all are coming from (if u are in naija, where there is no xbox live you do not need a 360 cos u will be
under-utilising it. using only about 55% of its potential). please, buy a ps3 and leave all the fanboyism to 16 year olds.
Re: Game Console: Ps3 Or Xbox 360 Elite by lungwun(m): 11:24am On Dec 06, 2009
@ blacklion, My first 20gb never gave the RRoD (that is, till i sold it) and i never used any cooling equipment. though i never
used it for long lengths of time. i feel 4 hours of gameplay a day should not affect the console. my 25 kobo.
Re: Game Console: Ps3 Or Xbox 360 Elite by blacklion(m): 11:38am On Dec 06, 2009
lungwun:

@ blacklion, My first 20gb never gave the RRoD (that is, till i sold it) and i never used any cooling equipment. though i never
used it for long lengths of time. i feel 4 hours of gameplay a day should not affect the console. my 25 kobo.

Thanks so much my brother for this reassuring info. The Xbox will not be used more than 2-3 hours a day.

I have PS3(160GB), Wii and now getting Xbox. There may be one feature or the other on each console that makes it attractive for that purpose. Each one has its strengths. I really don't the see the point in unnecessary arguments of trying to prove which console is superior.
Re: Game Console: Ps3 Or Xbox 360 Elite by iykedee: 9:19am On Dec 07, 2009
I have a PS3 and an Elite. I installed usb fans to the rear and right side of the Elite so I have no problems with RROD.
I feel the PS3 is a superior console in terms of design; I hate the fact that the 360 cannot take both the hdmi cable and the component cables at once. On the PS3, I output audio with the component cables on my Home Theatre and Video on the HDMI soince TV speakers dont really do justice and it kills me that I cant do same on the 360 cos the component cable is so bogus and wouldn't allow the hdmi in. Add Bluray playback and it's a sure killer app cos I'm a movie buff

When it comes to games, I used to prefer the 360 for the number of quality titles; GOW 1&2, Halo3, Mass effect, Bioshock, etc but now they arent many exclusives billed for the future on the 360. Uncharted 2 is the best game I ever played and I'm looking forward to God Of War 3 and GT5.

In conclusion, I love both consoles and if you are a true gamer, u gotta cop both systems. Word!!
Re: Game Console: Ps3 Or Xbox 360 Elite by blacklion(m): 9:24am On Dec 07, 2009
iykedee:

I have a PS3 and an Elite. I installed usb fans to the rear and right side of the Elite so I have no problems with RROD.
I feel the PS3 is a superior console in terms of design; I hate the fact that the 360 cannot take both the hdmi cable and the component cables at once. On the PS3,  I output audio with the component cables on my Home Theatre and Video on the HDMI soince TV speakers dont really do justice and it kills me that I cant do same on the 360 cos the component cable is so bogus and wouldn't allow the hdmi in. Add Bluray playback and it's a sure killer app cos I'm a movie buff

When it comes to games, I used to prefer the 360 for the number of quality titles; GOW 1&2, Halo3, Mass effect, Bioshock, etc but now they arent many exclusives billed for the future on the 360. Uncharted 2 is the best game I ever played and I'm looking forward to God Of War 3 and GT5.

In conclusion, I love both consoles and if you are a true gamer, u gotta cop both systems. Word!!

There's an HDMI cable adaptor for 360 available on amazon.com which allows you to connect HDMI to your TV for video and an optical cable to your HT receiver for audio. I'm not sure if it also allows the component cable to be used at the same time. Here's the link -
http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-HDMI-AV-Cable/dp/B000UODATY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1260174298&sr=8-1

Have you had any issues with playing Uncharted 2 on your PS3? Some people claimed that a firmware update needed to run that game on PS3 ended up bricking their consoles or it removed the blu-ray/DVD functionality afterwards.
Re: Game Console: Ps3 Or Xbox 360 Elite by iykedee: 10:46am On Dec 16, 2009
@Blacklion
Having to buy all those extra peripherals for the 360 drives me batsh*t insane. WiFi adapter cost nearly 100usd. My home theatre doesnt have the optic cable interface thingy and would have been swell just to connect with hdmi and component like the PS3.

As for Uncharted 2, I played on firmware 3.00 if I aint mistaken and absolutely no problems. Updated to 3.10 and started experiencing controller sync problems once in a while but i just downloaded 3.15 and hope things would be fixed. happy Holiday gaming!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Update: Download FIFA 2020 For PPSSPP For Android / Dirt cheap Xbox 360 Games / Gameloft Announces All Their Future Games.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.