Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,082 members, 7,821,721 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

Settling As Medical Doctors In Germany Or The UK ? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Settling As Medical Doctors In Germany Or The UK ? (987 Views)

Poland Or Germany Or Canada, Which One's Best? / Photos Of Milliken Hill Road Enugu: This Is Not Germany Or US Or UK / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Settling As Medical Doctors In Germany Or The UK ? by Bonn2007: 7:14am On Jul 10, 2021
Hello NL,

I have an inquiry to make on behalf of a friend.

Which country is better for settling as a family of medical doctors, the UK or Germany?

It's noteworthy that one partner is already settled and working as a Medical doctor in Germany( good earnings), while the other is still in Nigeria.

Is it worthwhile for them to relocate and start life afresh in the UK?

Aside the advantage of the UK being an English speaking country and offering possibilities of faster integration for Nigerian Doctors, are there other advantages to pick UK over Germany?

What are the possible cons and pros of relocating in the above countries as a couple. What factors speak for or against medical practice/life/family in UK ?

N.b they have no kids yet and are both open- minded doctors.

Thanks.
Re: Settling As Medical Doctors In Germany Or The UK ? by Lawlab2: 7:16am On Jul 10, 2021
I see
Re: Settling As Medical Doctors In Germany Or The UK ? by appishani1(m): 7:22am On Jul 10, 2021
UK now because of the language
Re: Settling As Medical Doctors In Germany Or The UK ? by seunny4lif(m): 11:13am On Jul 10, 2021
Both are good
Germany is terms of everything
Security
Good transportation
Peace of mind
Better life
Weather

UK has good option on
Language cheesy
Useless weather like Ireland cheesy
Re: Settling As Medical Doctors In Germany Or The UK ? by Bonn2007: 12:03pm On Jul 10, 2021
Thanks for the elaborate comparison. Other opinions are welcome.
seunny4lif:
Both are good
Germany is terms of everything
Security
Good transportation
Peace of mind
Better life
Weather

UK has good option on
Language cheesy
Useless weather like Ireland cheesy
Re: Settling As Medical Doctors In Germany Or The UK ? by seunny4lif(m): 12:05pm On Jul 10, 2021
Bonn2007:
Thanks for the elaborate comparison. Other opinions are welcome.
Oh I forget
Are you married?
Re: Settling As Medical Doctors In Germany Or The UK ? by Bonn2007: 1:16pm On Jul 10, 2021
Yeah and the couple in question are married aswell.
seunny4lif:

Oh I forget
Are you married?
Re: Settling As Medical Doctors In Germany Or The UK ? by seunny4lif(m): 1:27pm On Jul 10, 2021
Bonn2007:
Yeah and the couple in question are married aswell.
If you are married then I will say UK
German education is strange
I used to live there and there is a disconnect between German white, mixed race and to make matter worst black kids.
I have many mixed families and black Germans as fiends and they are complain about same thing.

(1) (Reply)

Is Turkey Ideal To Hurstle / Angola Visa Inquiry And Processing / Wow! Third Mainland Bridge Looks AMAZING (Vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.