Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,590 members, 7,958,822 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 03:47 AM

Rest TB Joshua, Rest! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rest TB Joshua, Rest! (195 Views)

TB Joshua's Prophesy About Zimbabwe Military Coup & Robert Mugabe's Removal / Jim Iyke Punch Prophet TB Joshua ''man Of God You Took Advantage Of Me'' / George Weah Visits TB Joshua's SCOAN (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rest TB Joshua, Rest! by Temibi(m): 8:38am On Jul 10, 2021
By Obafemi Babajide

I had never been a fan of Temitope Balogun Joshua, I didn't hate him but I didn't like him either. This may be born out of the orthodox path to Christianity in which I grew into, even when I drifted into the Pentecostal side, I did so without my eyes fully closed. I might also not like him because of some harrowing experiences I went through as a kid in the hands of money mongers, self-styled prophets that thronged our house; it might also be because of the believes and stories surrounding him. I even ban anyone from watching Emmanuel TV in my house, I also remembered flinging off his church stickers which made their way into my living room, that is how much I detested him. Although, I never did a fact check but I just didn't like him and to twist the truth now is to writhe in lies.

Much as I do not like him, his death came as a rude shock to me, truth is, no one is super-human, but one would just think that with all the powers, anointing or grace that some men of God carry, death at some certain age or time is practically evitable. Fact is, because of the status they assume, we turn them to the god of men instead of men of God.

I had argued with some friends that he (TB Joshua) will wake up, I jokingly said at a time that it was probably a stunt, all these words I later regretted big time. Although I didn't go back to those I argued with to withdraw my statement back but deep down in me I realised it was a joke taken too far, so, I silently begged for forgiveness and quietly withdrew all my blasphemous words, after all, am not God and I wasn't the one who called him or who would judge him. As a human being, I am also with a lot of frailties, so, I am equally fallible.

The death of TB Joshua taught me few lessons, as much as that, his burial further taught me more.

Lesson number one: that no matter your status, greatness or closeness to the maker, death is inevitable; as inevitable as it is, only a few people will be allowed to know their set time. Beware, be prepared and always have an exit plan if you can.

Lesson number two: all your secret deeds shall be exposed while you are gone. They may be positives or negatives, all, everything will be laid bare. Just like we see a lot of good testimonies about TB Joshua, in fact, his good deeds to me outweigh his errors (if there are any). Nations stood still for him, encomium came from different quarters, unbelievable testimonies alluded to him made my ears tingle, people wept not because a prophet died but because a benefactor was lost.

Lesson number three: that one should be kind, good and try to affect humanity positively always. All works will be tested with fire, the good ones will stand like steel, the bad ones will burn off instantly. TB Joshua stood positively for humanity, humanity rose to bid him farewell when he was going to depart, whatever he did wrong will not matter anymore, nobody cares, nobody will listen. All we know now is how he fed the downtrodden, how he helped the widow, how he supported communities and nations and what he did to raise those who are down. Not what he did wrong, never will that matter anymore because his good deeds far outweigh them.

Either TB Joshua was called by God or not matters less now, no one was there when he was called, after all, God's ways are far from man's. He, like every other person will be solely answerable for their deeds. He has lived a good life, an unrivalled record of humanitarian services and giftings have been set. What more could anyone have asked for?

When will it be your turn?

Babajide writes from Lagos.

Re: Rest TB Joshua, Rest! by hybrid11(m): 9:05am On Jul 10, 2021
Rip T.b Joshua
Why didn't any other G.O attended his burial?

Unrepentant hearts
Re: Rest TB Joshua, Rest! by AdeniyiA(m): 9:30am On Jul 10, 2021
hybrid11:
Rip T.b Joshua
Why didn't any other G.O attended his burial?

Unrepentant hearts

Envy, later turned to shame. Shameful envy because they can't and may never achieve what he achieved. He has dwarfed them. Many will regret that they never associated with him. He seniors them all round even wt death, many of them will beg for death but won't get it.
Even the honor tb Joshua got in life and death, they can't get even with their money
Re: Rest TB Joshua, Rest! by hybrid11(m): 9:40am On Jul 10, 2021
AdeniyiA:

Envy, later turned to shame. Shameful envy because they can't and may never achieve what he achieved. He has dwarfed them. Many will regret that they never associated with him. He seniors them all round even wt death, many of them will beg for death but won't get it.
Even the honor tb Joshua got in life and death, they can't get even with their money
This proof that they were jealous of him
Only GOD can judge

(1) (Reply)

Moment Man Bathed His Pastor With Cool Cash During Church Service (video) / Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens:friday , July 16, 2021 / [audio]: Ejecting The Strangers – Pastor Kayode Adeyemo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.