Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,573 members, 7,812,860 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:51 PM

Why Nigerians Destination Is Now Canada? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Nigerians Destination Is Now Canada? (3295 Views)

6 Strong Reasons Why Nigerians In The UK Are So 'stingy' / Why Nigerians Are Stranded In Russia After Being Scammed By Fraudsters / Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Nigerians Destination Is Now Canada? by EdoBoy90(m): 10:23am On Jul 10, 2021
Why is it that Nigerians destination is Canada?

What is the motive behind this? Why not Australia?

Let us discuss!

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Destination Is Now Canada? by Nobody: 10:27am On Jul 10, 2021
You want to live a boring life in Aussie

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Destination Is Now Canada? by EdoBoy90(m): 10:43am On Jul 10, 2021
Keshinr0:
You want to live a boring life in Aussie

I never knew that Australia is boring. Wow!

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Destination Is Now Canada? by Nobody: 11:04am On Jul 10, 2021
EdoBoy90:

Have never been there oo.
But only about 5000 Nigerians live in Australia. Unlike UK where there are more than a million Nigerians.
Imagine walking along a busy street in London and you hear words like soro soke. You go just laugh, Home away from Home. Or how easy it is to found Nigerian Families in Ontario.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerians Destination Is Now Canada? by Harrykn: 11:18am On Jul 10, 2021
Waiting for tutorials
Re: Why Nigerians Destination Is Now Canada? by jahrule: 11:27am On Jul 10, 2021
Australia is not easy to migrate, to get its PR is very tough.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Destination Is Now Canada? by jahrule: 11:28am On Jul 10, 2021
Australia is not easy to migrate, to its PR is very tough.
Re: Why Nigerians Destination Is Now Canada? by jahrule: 11:28am On Jul 10, 2021
Re: Why Nigerians Destination Is Now Canada? by Monogamy: 11:29am On Jul 10, 2021
The Canada migration have been for skilled labor majorly...

Life is very easy in Canada..

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Destination Is Now Canada? by Monogamy: 11:30am On Jul 10, 2021
EdoBoy90:

Australia is too far and it's not a bubbling country like UK, US

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Destination Is Now Canada? by Monogamy: 11:34am On Jul 10, 2021
1098eight:
[s][/s]

You would have loved to relocate to Canada but this cancellation of a thing can never allow you to do that.

Who will do the cancellation if you go? And there is nothing like comments cancellation in Canada..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerians Destination Is Now Canada? by BigDawsNet: 12:18pm On Jul 10, 2021
Canada will offer you PR

Mostly people migrating are into PR

With PR you don't have to suffer for years before you become legal

Australia is not different from Canada
They offer PR also...but it's more expensive to live in Australia than canada
Re: Why Nigerians Destination Is Now Canada? by ednut1(m): 1:50pm On Jul 10, 2021
EdoBoy90:
Why is it that Nigerians destination is Canada?

What is the motive behind this? Why not Australia?

Let us discuss!
In recent times both canada and Australia have been giving people permanent residency, but Australia made it harder in 2020 and started making people go to dead rural areas, its also expensive, visa fee alone is over 1m naira while canada is about 370k for visa fee. I wanted to apply for Australia but my occupation was put on a surplus list and the points increased, I could not meet up with the points, but I could meet canada points easily. So giving the two options canada is a no brainer, why will I go and stay in a desert for 3 years before getting permanent residency, while canada is giving me permanent residency direct and citizenship in 3 years

6 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Destination Is Now Canada? by ednut1(m): 1:52pm On Jul 10, 2021
Monogamy:

Australia is too far and it's not a bubbling country like UK, US
canada is also far, no direct flight to Canada from Nigeria.

lagos to Dubai, Dubai to Australia
Lagos to Egypt / addis abba to Dublin to canada
Lagos to Germany/ France to canada

Is almost the same time, so it is a fallacy to say Australia is far

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Destination Is Now Canada? by Monogamy: 1:55pm On Jul 10, 2021
ednut1:
canada is also far, no direct flight to Canada from Nigeria.

lagos to Dubai, Dubai to Australia
Lagos to Egypt / addis abba to Dublin to canada
Lagos to Germany/ France to canada

Is almost the same time, so it is a fallacy to say Australia is far

We are not talking about flight here.. If you are in Canada, you can easily travel to other South American countries.

Travelling to Australia, apart from. New Zealand , other neighboring countries are this small countries
Re: Why Nigerians Destination Is Now Canada? by ednut1(m): 1:58pm On Jul 10, 2021
Monogamy:

We are not talking about flight here.. If you are in Canada, you can easily travel to other South American countries.

Travelling to Australia, apart from. New Zealand , other neighboring countries are this small countries
canada to brazil is 10 hours flight
Australia to japan is also 10 hours. Find something else talk. Typical Nigerians making baseless assumptions. Naso una talk say india win 9ja 99 1

11 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Destination Is Now Canada? by Monogamy: 2:22pm On Jul 10, 2021
ednut1:
canada to brazil is 10 hours flight
Australia to japan is also 10 hours. Find something else talk. Typical Nigerians making baseless assumptions. Naso una talk say india win 9ja 99 1

I really don't know why you people like to argue blindly..

How many countries surrounded Canada? How many countries surrounded Australia..

If you are travelling from Canada to Brazil, are they not same South America country?

Is Australia and Asia in the same continent?

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Destination Is Now Canada? by Gerrard59(m): 2:36pm On Jul 10, 2021
ednut1:

In recent times both canada and Australia have been giving people permanent residency, but Australia made it harder in 2020 and started making people go to dead rural areas, its also expensive, visa fee alone is over 1m naira while canada is about 370k for visa fee. I wanted to apply for Australia but my occupation was put on a surplus list and the points increased, I could not meet up with the points, but I could meet canada points easily. So giving the two options canada is a no brainer, why will I go and stay in a desert for 3 years before getting permanent residency, while canada is giving me permanent residency direct and citizenship in 3 years

This is a steal! cheesy
Re: Why Nigerians Destination Is Now Canada? by ednut1(m): 2:47pm On Jul 10, 2021
Monogamy:

I really don't know why you people like to argue blindly..

How many countries surrounded Canada? How many countries surrounded Australia..

If you are travelling from Canada to Brazil, are they not same South America country?

Is Australia and Asia in the same continent?
canada is in North America. Bring better argument. Australia is not far. Na leg you wan use go? Lol

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerians Destination Is Now Canada? by Floda: 3:02pm On Jul 10, 2021
jahrule:

Please, who told you so.

Australia and Canada are almost the same ( PR wise ). I personally find it easier and straight forward.

The major difference is that Australia is further away from Nigeria and also they also have a high cost of living.
Re: Why Nigerians Destination Is Now Canada? by ednut1(m): 3:32pm On Jul 10, 2021
Floda:

Please, who told you so.

Australia and Canada are almost the same ( PR wise ). I personally find it easier and straight forward.

The major difference is that Australia is further away from Nigeria and also they also have a high cost of living.
fallacy, Australia is more harder and not straight forward, since last year they have made the points high and you have to go to rural areas if you qualify.after living there for 2 or 3 years you now qualify for PR, but canada is not like that. Your degree must also match your work experience, visa fee is also over 1m naira. Just check the canada and Australia threads on nairaland, the Australia thread is almost dead as most Nigerians don't qualify anymore. Many Nigerian students are lamenting, you go there as student, next day your occupation /course has been removed from demand list, then you go for another course of which same fate can befall you

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Destination Is Now Canada? by babakb: 4:06pm On Jul 10, 2021
ednut1:
fallacy, Australia is more harder and not straight forward, since last year they have made the points high and you have to go to rural areas if you qualify.after living there for 2 or 3 years you now qualify for PR, but canada is not like that. Your degree must also match your work experience, visa fee is also over 1m naira. Just check the canada and Australia threads on nairaland, the Australia thread is almost dead as most Nigerians don't qualify anymore. Many Nigerian students are lamenting, you go there as student, next day your occupation /course has been removed from demand list, then you go for another course of which same fate can befall you

Canada runs the most transparent and objective immigration programs globally.

Unfortunately I didn't get to know about Express Entry until I attained 37 years grin grin grin

But I ain't giving up now, I just enrolled in French classes to see how far I can go smiley smiley smiley

4 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Destination Is Now Canada? by ednut1(m): 5:41pm On Jul 10, 2021
babakb:

Canada runs the most transparent and objective immigration programs globally.

Unfortunately I didn't get to know about Express Entry until I attained 37 years grin grin grin

But I ain't giving up now, I just enrolled in French classes to see how far I can go smiley smiley smiley
correct, even if u no pass well New Brunswick go pick you. They picked a friend with 387 last month he did both ielts and tef and didn’t score high in both

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Destination Is Now Canada? by Petyr1: 5:52pm On Jul 10, 2021
Is migration to U.S not possible again
Why is no one talking about it

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Destination Is Now Canada? by babakb: 6:37pm On Jul 10, 2021
ednut1:
correct, even if u no pass well New Brunswick go pick you. They picked a friend with 387 last month he did both ielts and tef and didn’t score high in both

Good to hear, I'm currently on 341 on my EE profile, thanks for the encouragement.
Let me face my french classes squarely...
Re: Why Nigerians Destination Is Now Canada? by GreaterFuture(m): 6:47pm On Jul 10, 2021
Them go soon spoil the country

Cashew available for Sale
Price is #480k per mt
The kor is 42
New crop
100 tonnes available

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Destination Is Now Canada? by babakb: 6:50pm On Jul 10, 2021
Petyr1:
Is migration to U.S not possible again
Why is no one talking about it

The only way for Africans to legally immigrate to US now is to:
Secure a qualifying job offer in US and your employer will sponsor you HB Visa or L1 Visa as the case may be.

Genuinely Marry a US citizen.

Invest a minimum 1 million dollars in the US.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Destination Is Now Canada? by Mcslize: 10:06pm On Jul 10, 2021
To me, Australia PR process is straight forward. Don't bother yourself about the competition. If you know what you are doing, you will get it.

I will still choose Australia any day, any time.

Australia economy is quite stable and the standard of living is very high, so it's the wage. Living cost is high but that is compensated also with the high wage. In essence, you won't have a big hole on your pocket to live in Australia.

Canada is good too.

And who says Australia is boring? Australia is not boring. They engage in lots of games and they have this lay back lifestyle. They spend more time having fun than working actually.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Experienced With Hermingways Safari By Force Marketing / Who Knows D Address Of D Immigration Office In Asaba? / Welcome To Kaduna International Airport (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.