Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,662 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:00 PM

My Thoughts About Christainity - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Thoughts About Christainity (708 Views)

Christainity And The Subject Of Incest. / Is Divorce Acceptable Under New Testament Christainity / Christainity And The Doctrine Of Not Marrying Two Wives. Is It Biblical? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Thoughts About Christainity by TheSourcerer: 6:44pm On Jul 10, 2021
Model404:
in all things use wisdom, even jesus used wisdom in handling most cases..... so why won't i
wisdom is not logic

Anyways

Logic and Religion dont go hand in hand at all .
Re: My Thoughts About Christainity by Dtruthspeaker: 6:53pm On Jul 10, 2021
TheSourcerer:
wisdom is not logic

Anyways

Logic and Religion dont go hand in hand at all .

That is not true. It is always the arguing parties who do not always know how to properly present their respective cases logically and within the proper rules of argument.
Re: My Thoughts About Christainity by Dtruthspeaker: 7:00pm On Jul 10, 2021
Model404:
thats the point am making here, why will a 'God' make a 'h*ll' just to punish people who didn't worship him everlasting. like seriously?

I have already explained to you and you got it that it is not because you did not worship Him alone but because you have done many many wickedness and evils which the people whom you have wounded, hurt or killed are crying for "just is" from you!
Re: My Thoughts About Christainity by 22jumpstreet: 7:03pm On Jul 10, 2021
Christianity is a hoax run by talented, charismatic, misogynistic men and women.

The Gospel message “the truth shall set you free” (John 8:32) is a crucial idea uniting morality and knowledge, but when scholarly studying these teachings you conclude the character of Jesus of Nazareth is entirely fictional, a Platonic Gnostic invention.

So how Christianity can engage in a conversation about this problem, whether faith can reform so that Christianity can survive and prosper without the fictional Jesus? Is there a way to reconcile the conflict between the Gospel focus on truth and the apparent lack of truth in the Gospels?

Gospels as Noble Lie: Plato in The Republic said that philosopher-kings could rule the world by presenting the masses with fictional stories dressed up as fact, specifically drawing from the old myth of the descent from a Golden Age into an Iron Age. Platonic philosophers after Alexander's conquests first constructed the myth of Serapis, the Greco-Egyptian synthesis of Zeus and Osiris, and then added Jewish prophecy and Babylonian cosmology into the Serapis myth to invent Jesus of Nazareth in the Gospel of Mark, with midrash from Homer’s epics. This process occurred in secret, within Gnostic Mystery Societies, in keeping with Plato’s Noble Lie agenda, and was then completely suppressed as heresy by literalist orthodoxy. So we have an origin of Christianity in high philosophy, as a new theory of history completely at odds with general opinion.
The Gospels and Homer: Imitations of Greek Epic in Mark and Luke-Acts (The New Testament and Greek Literature) by Dennis R. MacDonald, a scholarly book published in 2014, explains extensive similarities which cohere with my Platonic Gnostic hypothesis.
The Platonic Logos theory coheres with the Christian idea of the pre-existent Christ, of Jesus as cosmic reason incarnating in the world. The Gospels then present what is called an Adoptionist Christology in Saint Mark, with the idea that Jesus was adopted by God at his baptism by John, as a popular simplification of this Logos theory. The logos comes back into the picture in John’s Prologue and Colossians to provide the basis for trinitarian theology.
The Christology of Christ as Cosmic Reason is compelling, simple, and elegant, and as sufficient basis for a scientific approach to faith, with the entire Nazareth story falling under what Jesus explains in Mark 4:34 as a popular parable.
It is well worth analyzing this ‘cosmic reason’ against Plato’s ideas, for example, his analogy of the sun. Socrates says the "child of goodness" is the sun, proposing that just as the sun illuminates, bestowing the ability to see and be seen, so the idea of goodness illumines the intelligible with the truth. There are many points at which Jesus Christ serves as an analogy for the sun, for example in John’s idea that Jesus is the source of light and life, and in the whole passion story of dying and rising as a metaphor for the solar cycles of the day and the year.

If Christianity originated in Platonism in this way, then the entire traditional framework of the growth of the early church from Jesus of Nazareth is revealed as fiction. It means the actual relationship between Gnostic and Orthodox thought was the reverse of the popular belief because the original ideas were Gnostic, grounded in Greek philosophy, and orthodoxy only emerged as a corrupted political literal degeneration of a forgotten high Gnostic philosophy.

Nazareth” did not exist until well after the time of Pilate, as far as reliable archaeology can show (See the work of Rene Salm on this). Drawing from the observation that Jesus was invented, one views this most plausible basis of Nazareth is as political cover for the Nazarene and Nazirite sects in Israel who were under pressure from Rome for sedition. Saying Nazarene meant “from Nazareth” provided an effective deflection.

If Jesus was a fictional invention, then the general belief that he was a real person is a primary example of the total depravity of human psychology, the susceptibility of popular thought to comforting delusional memes, the willingness to believe myths.
It seems that orthodox Christianity used Gnostic Platonic ideas about Jesus in this way. The evolution of Christianity to meet contemporary needs requires open discussion about the possibility that the Gospels are entirely fictional, as a basis for the new reformation of the Christian faith to cohere with reason. This hypothesis that Jesus was invented labors under heavy social taboos and is never openly discussed in mainstream media, and yet it provides the most compelling and scientific hypothesis of the truth of Christian origins.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Thoughts About Christainity by shadeyinka(m): 7:08pm On Jul 10, 2021
Model404:
so what about others, what about those who haven't heard about jesus before, those humans of old who died without the salvation.... seriously christainity is messed up
These have a different standard of judgement: their conscience!
Rom 2:11-12,14-15:
"For there is no respect of persons with God.
For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;
For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law to themselves: Which show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another; )"
Re: My Thoughts About Christainity by TheSourcerer: 7:08pm On Jul 10, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

That is not true. It is always the arguing parties who do not always know how to properly present their respective cases logically and within the proper rules of argument.
Ah I cannot argue with you dtruthspeaker ..

But

In any context how can anyone explain logically a man floated to space (without a spacesuit) , walked on water , tured water to wine , or rising after been dead , I just dont see how they can expain these within the rules (so they keep breaking ) of argument especially with logic.

1 Like

Re: My Thoughts About Christainity by TheSourcerer: 7:12pm On Jul 10, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

I have already explained to you and you got it that it is not because you did not worship Him alone but because you have done many many wickedness and evils which the people whom you have wounded, hurt or killed are crying for "just is" from you!
are you christain buddy?
Re: My Thoughts About Christainity by Heartbender: 7:47pm On Jul 10, 2021
God is not partial. He wants you to serve Him till the end or nothing at all
Model404:
so all those years of service just wasted. what a partiality
Re: My Thoughts About Christainity by Dtruthspeaker: 8:23pm On Jul 10, 2021
TheSourcerer:
are you christain buddy?

I am one who intends to Keep and Obey The Word of The Lord, His Statutes, His Testimonies and His Ordinances to the very best of my ability.

These days the word "Christian" is not identified with the Good and high right since thieves, adulterers, Liars and so many unsavoury folk have also taken it up and Polluted it's Holy and Just and Righteous Representation.
Re: My Thoughts About Christainity by Dtruthspeaker: 8:32pm On Jul 10, 2021
TheSourcerer:
Ah I cannot argue with you dtruthspeaker ..

But

In any context how can anyone explain logically a man floated to space (without a spacesuit) , walked on water , tured water to wine , or rising after been dead , I just dont see how they can expain these within the rules (so they keep breaking ) of argument especially with logic.

The word is "a man" but He Who did all these things is Also Reported to be the One Who created Space, Water, Wine, death, so it stands to Firm Reason that He is and Must be beyond these things He created, Exactly as Steve Jobs and Mr. Toyoda are not bound by the laws governing their phones and cars.

Thus, He Who did All these things is not and was not a man.
Re: My Thoughts About Christainity by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jul 10, 2021
kingxsamz:

Lol.
An all powerful being punishing little kids in an everlasting furnace forever just because of little disobedience or a little lie. In order to prove what exactly? To achieve what purpose? To teach what lesson to who?
The moment you realize all these things are man's made up ideas in order to keep people in fear, the better for you. Take away 'hell' from religion and it has nothing to hold on to.
thats true, they usually say the so called judgement will begin from 4 years old and above
Re: My Thoughts About Christainity by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jul 10, 2021
22jumpstreet exactly

1 Like

Re: My Thoughts About Christainity by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jul 10, 2021
sonmvayina:
God created us with two inclinations..inclination to do good and inclination to do evil or sin. So any body talking about hell is just a slowpoke...
God also told us that he has given us the power to rule over sin.
Even if we do sin, sincere repentance is the only way back to God. Not worshipping or given your life to a god the romans created in the image of a man. That is classic idolatry.

Run from it..
explain more pls
Re: My Thoughts About Christainity by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jul 10, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

hell in philosophy is a self conscious stage of one's life in which one is free of all earthly emotions, but according to christains hell is a place of condemnation and eternal sufferings

(1) (2) (Reply)

Senator Helen Esuene Consecrated As Bishop / 990 Years In The Kingdom Of Darkness Part 1. By Evangelist Fumilayo / The Court Of Heaven (prophet Babs Adewunmi)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.