Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

My Gsd And Parvo - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / My Gsd And Parvo (2711 Views)

Diary Of My GSD, Bella / Please My Puppy Is Dying From Parvo Virus Help Me To Save My Puppy / Gsd and caucasian adult mix female dog available for sale in ph (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Gsd And Parvo by Hadewahley(m): 6:45pm On Jul 10, 2021
My GSD of 8weeks currently undergoing parvo treatment is not eating ..

Ate few meal (liver) and we thought he is fine only for him to start ignoring feed again .
Though,the vet has attended to him.

Any help please
Re: My Gsd And Parvo by RYEOFARMS(m): 7:33pm On Jul 10, 2021
Hadewahley:

Ate few meal (liver) and we thought he is fine only for him to start ignoring feed again .

Any help please

Your best option is a good and experienced VET, your dog can survive if it's kept hydrated and fed..are it's vaccinations up to date?!
There is no real cure for the virus,the main deal is to keep your pup alive for the next couple of days while undergoing treatment....it's 50/50 but your dog can survive it,I know this by experience (JADE was a victim but she's alive and well)
Re: My Gsd And Parvo by Hadewahley(m): 7:49pm On Jul 10, 2021
Thanks for the prompt response.

The dog sure looks like he is surviving it already..infact this is the 9th days .just that he started eating then he went into that mood again .has to call the vet asap anyways...still not eating yet anyways

1 Like

Re: My Gsd And Parvo by RYEOFARMS(m): 8:02pm On Jul 10, 2021
Hadewahley:
Thanks for the prompt response.

The dog sure looks like he is surviving it already..infact this is the 9th days .just that he started eating then he went into that mood again .has to call the vet asap anyways...still not eating yet anyways
Uwc

Oh ok, I left JADE at the vet clinic though and after 5 days she was ok

That aside,did you wash her cage and surroundings with hypo?! Including all materials (feeding bowl and all) cos the virus might still be around anywhere,it's best to wash everywhere with hypo to prevent another infection, then also limit contact with other dogs for a good period of time (Most especially stray local dogs as they may be infected with the virus).
Re: My Gsd And Parvo by kekakuz(m): 8:05pm On Jul 10, 2021
Hadewahley:

Any help please
Even if that Dog survive,it's life will never remain the same again
Re: My Gsd And Parvo by RYEOFARMS(m): 8:15pm On Jul 10, 2021
kekakuz:

Even if that Dog survive,it's life will never remain the same again

Says who?! if you see JADE now with the way she takes on MABEL (my Gsd) and strangers who come by,you would never know she was once a victim, all it took was prompt and proper care, lots of JoJo and meat,all her vaccinations were complete (that came in handy) also,after she was discharged the vet adviced us to use ORS for a while (this also helped)
Re: My Gsd And Parvo by Hadewahley(m): 9:23pm On Jul 10, 2021
Thanks all
Re: My Gsd And Parvo by Hadewahley(m): 9:25pm On Jul 10, 2021
Please ORS,how did you used it?
Re: My Gsd And Parvo by RYEOFARMS(m): 10:27pm On Jul 10, 2021
Hadewahley:
Please ORS,how did you used it?
You can follow the instructions as 0er body weight of your dog,it's indicated at the back of the sachet....For JADE I used 1/2 of a teaspoon for about 1 litre of water daily
NOTE: "After 24hrs the remaining mixture should be thrown away and another one should be made for the next day"
Re: My Gsd And Parvo by olamirewaju6190: 10:40pm On Jul 10, 2021
If it's actually 8 weeks and ur dog has a parvo I seriously doubt if the dog would survive it, asin the chances are very low. And there is little Ur vet could do to help you except they want to explore you. Once it starts pooping blood, that's a confirmation that it's over.. Stay strong in advance. I wish you best of luck
Re: My Gsd And Parvo by Hadewahley(m): 5:39am On Jul 11, 2021
The puppy is not stooling blood and no sign of vomit after the medication but he totally lost appetite.
Re: My Gsd And Parvo by olamirewaju6190: 7:14am On Jul 11, 2021
Hadewahley:
The puppy is not stooling blood and no sign of vomit after the medication but he totally lost appetite.
then I am not sure it's a parvo case, it might just be worm infestation, happend to my pup some times ago, for three days she did not eat. Try deworming her and give er antibiotic Ur dog should be fine. I seriously doubt it's a parvo case.

1 Like

Re: My Gsd And Parvo by rastaLivity: 7:28am On Jul 11, 2021
Hadewahley:
so how did you know it was parvo virus?
Re: My Gsd And Parvo by RYEOFARMS(m): 12:03pm On Jul 11, 2021
Hadewahley:
I also hope it's not parvo but sometimes you won't notice blood in the stool until after a couple of days,
The first common symptom is
Fatigue,followed by lack of appetite(when JADE refused to eat meat/fish ,I immediately knew sth is terribly wrong as she doesn't joke with those two), dehydration (your pup start to look lean), an extremely watery poo with a very foul odor and also vomiting

Then to be sure it's parvo, run a parvo test (it cost me about 5k for the test but it was worth it)

1 Like

Re: My Gsd And Parvo by RYEOFARMS(m): 12:11pm On Jul 11, 2021
olamirewaju6190:
If it's actually 8 weeks and ur dog has a parvo I seriously doubt if the dog would survive it, asin the chances are very low. And there is little Ur vet could do to help you except they want to explore you. Once it starts pooping blood, that's a confirmation that it's over.. Stay strong in advance. I wish you best of luck
Yh the chances are very bleak as up to 90% of infected dogs actually die but it's only right to visit a vet and give your dog the best treatment (that way you'll know you did all you could to save your dog rather than fold arms and and watch the pup die)
Re: My Gsd And Parvo by olamirewaju6190: 1:35pm On Jul 11, 2021
RYEOFARMS:

Yh the chances are very bleak as up to 90% of infected dogs actually die but it's only right to visit a vet and give your dog the best treatment (that way you'll know you did all you could to save your dog rather than fold arms and and watch the pup die)
bro I get you, but this is a fact! At 6 weeks the immune gotten through from the mothers milk starts to wear off at that age before they developed thiers. As at 8weeks the immune is most likely very weak. That's y you er advice to get Ur dog vaccinated as at 6weeks. Now with the immune system down and a dog gets parvo the most life threatening virus known to dogs with survival rate very minimal most especially to non vaccinated dogs. Now answer this question. What do you think would happen to a puppy at 8weeks exposed to parvo? Having in mind that there are no treatment for the virus.
Re: My Gsd And Parvo by RYEOFARMS(m): 3:56pm On Jul 11, 2021
olamirewaju6190:
bro I get you, but this is a fact! At 6 weeks the immune gotten through from the mothers milk starts to wear off at that age before they developed thiers. As at 8weeks the immune is most likely very weak. That's y you er advice to get Ur dog vaccinated as at 6weeks. Now with the immune system down and a dog gets parvo the most life threatening virus known to dogs with survival rate very minimal most especially to non vaccinated dogs. Now answer this question. What do you think would happen to a puppy at 8weeks exposed to parvo? Having in mind that there are no treatment for the virus.
Despite the odds, I'll believe my dog can make it...i'm always positive
Check out this scenario,
My farm was once attacked by a black cobra (a very dangerous and venomous snake) when it made it's way into the poultry,on getting to the scene it bit a young bird before I was able to apprehend it.Normally within minutes you'd expect the bird to give up the ghost (infact if it was a matured bird I would be killed and prepared it for the dogs but since the bird was too small to be eaten I left it to die)but it didn't after hours I was dazed that this bird was still alive although it started to become paralyzed unable to move so I concluded maybe the snake didn't release enough venom (but then even the slightest venom would have killed this bird) so I watched this bird from morning till evening (ming you I double checked and found the snake's bite mark on the bird's body) it remained in the same spot throughout the day and the next day it was up and running again like nothing happened,it grew into a fine young bird...till date I still don't understand how the bird survived

1 Like

Re: My Gsd And Parvo by Henuell(m): 9:01pm On Jul 11, 2021
Keep your dog hydrated and fed
From experience get ur dog ORS put it in her water and also glucose put it in her water and food moderately
Re: My Gsd And Parvo by Hadewahley(m): 10:56pm On Jul 11, 2021
Thanks All .

Still watching the dog properly...

Prepared liver and it had little though ..no vomiting and vet is taking charge of the situation..this issue has been on for like 10days now and the puppy is still surviving
Re: My Gsd And Parvo by olamirewaju6190: 7:13am On Jul 12, 2021
RYEOFARMS:

Despite the odds, I'll believe my dog can make it...i'm always positive
Check out this scenario,
My farm was once attacked by a black cobra (a very dangerous and venomous snake) when it made it's way into the poultry,on getting to the scene it bit a young bird before I was able to apprehend it.Normally within minutes you'd expect the bird to give up the ghost (infact if it was a matured bird I would be killed and prepared it for the dogs but since the bird was too small to be eaten I left it to die)but it didn't after hours I was dazed that this bird was still alive although it started to become paralyzed unable to move so I concluded maybe the snake didn't release enough venom (but then even the slightest venom would have killed this bird) so I watched this bird from morning till evening (ming you I double checked and found the snake's bite mark on the bird's body) it remained in the same spot throughout the day and the next day it was up and running again like nothing happened,it grew into a fine young bird...till date I still don't understand how the bird survived
lol, I am not saying Ur dog won't pull through, all what I have Said is based on science and facts. And for that Ur chick I am 1000percent sure it was not bitten based on facts on how potent cobra venom could be. And it recovered without treatment does not look plausible to me. however, since you were the one who witness the experience I can't argue with you on that but tell any medical practitioner nobody would believe Ur story.
Re: My Gsd And Parvo by RYEOFARMS(m): 8:34am On Jul 12, 2021
olamirewaju6190:
lol, I am not saying Ur dog won't pull through, all what I have Said is based on science and facts. And for that Ur chick I am 1000percent sure it was not bitten based on facts on how potent cobra venom could be. And it recovered without treatment does not look plausible to me. however, since you were the one who witness the experience I can't argue with you on that but tell any medical practitioner nobody would believe Ur story.
Yh nobody would (though I think I still have pictures of the snake I killed plus me and my neighbors witnessed it as everyone was alerted,we literally hate snakes in our area so anytime we sight one we make an alarm) but sometimes facts are defied, I'm a scientist too and trust me when I say sometimes science theorys aren't 100% accurate and sometimes defied?! Even some doctors believe in miracles undecided
And about the cobra would you believe me that snakes sometimes decide not to inject venom,they somehow control whether or not to release venom and also the amount they intend to release

2 Likes

Re: My Gsd And Parvo by denny43a: 6:08pm On Jul 14, 2021
okay
Re: My Gsd And Parvo by ezeudo9s: 12:08pm On Jul 17, 2021
okay
Re: My Gsd And Parvo by kekakuz(m): 12:37pm On Jul 17, 2021
No It all dog sickness is parvo. Bro @8 weeks if your pup has parvo,it's dying.
Re: My Gsd And Parvo by Hadewahley(m): 4:50pm On Jul 18, 2021
Lost the pup .....
Re: My Gsd And Parvo by RYEOFARMS(m): 5:05pm On Jul 18, 2021
Hadewahley:
Lost the pup .....
Oh boy, so sorry bro
Accept my condolences....

Sadly I met some kids with a Gsd pup (not even up to 8weeks yet) the pup was allowed to free range (off-leash) out in the open in the neighborhood as they went by the road,I tried to warn them of the dangers of parvovirus but they didn't seem to understand me, cos I also saw them today on my way to church repeating the same thing undecided
Re: My Gsd And Parvo by Hadewahley(m): 6:32pm On Jul 18, 2021
My brother...lost 2 puppies in space of 2month..a rott and Gsd
Re: My Gsd And Parvo by bigseank(m): 2:28pm On Jul 19, 2021
Hadewahley:
Lost the pup .....

Sorry for your loss
You asked for advice I replied and an overzealous somebody reported and got it deleted.
It was an advice from experience. I have Successfully treated 8 puppies with signs of parvovirus. Everything no be contact your vet. Many of them are even just after your money. Na quacks plenty pass.
Sorry for your loss once again and don’t forget to bleach clean everything and everywhere.
Re: My Gsd And Parvo by elpochas: 7:30pm On Jul 19, 2021
Sorry 4 d lost,wish i saw ur post earlier.my Leka had parvo last year,bt she survied it.She was a small skinny dog puppy then,was scared she was gonna die,bt that dog is really fighter.The vet told me it was 50 50,jst had to gamble it.i made sure i forced her to drink water always by applying several tricks,Got Tumeric mixed it with egg york also for Her,The Vet also did his best also.After a Week she Recovered.Very Agile and strong nw,she has become the destroyer of anytin u keep outside and dread to all Lizards.

1 Like

Re: My Gsd And Parvo by olamirewaju6190: 8:56am On Jul 20, 2021
Sorry for your loss bro. As I said earlier if your dog was 8weeks and it has parvo, it's gonna die.. Just stay away From having dogs for now up to 6month to a year. Cuz no amount of bleach can actually wash away the parvo virus from Ur surroundings without missing a spot. Once again sorry for the loss

1 Like

Re: My Gsd And Parvo by Teymanhenry(f): 5:48pm On Mar 07, 2022
olamirewaju6190:
Wrong mate. One of the symptoms of survival is the dog shows more symptoms before getting well. Treating a dog with Parvo, he stooled blood but he's gallant atm

(1) (2) (Reply)

When A Lion Cheats With A Dog ( Photos ) / Mistake / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.