Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Exposed!!!!! Is China Labour Actually Cheap? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Exposed!!!!! Is China Labour Actually Cheap? (1045 Views)

Labour backs Emefiele on CBN’s Naira valuation / EXPOSED!!! Is CHYMALL a SCAM or LEGIT ? / Here is China's strategic move to stay ahead of US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Exposed!!!!! Is China Labour Actually Cheap? by LikeAking: 7:32pm On Jul 10, 2021
Make I use pidgin write this one.

The way oyibo people of the world they talk about cheap China labor,China labor,China labor, e com b like say cost of labor for China n one Naira per hour.

My brothers and sisters Nigerian labour cheap pass China labour by far. Na labor Nigerian labour dem suppose to they hype has cheap labor instead of China labor. I wonder wetin Oyibo go call Nigerian labor when they hear about am.

The question of the day, na, na why the oyibo people of the world no they hype the cheap Nigerian labor? Na why them they make am sound like n China get the cheapest labor in the world. Chinese labor is way, way expensive than Nigerian labor. Make we check the minimum wage of China see.
[img]https://www.statista.com/statistics/233886/minimum-wage-per-hour-in-china-by-city-and-province/[/img]

1 Chinese Yuan equals 63.28 Nigerian Naira.

Lets use Beijing as an example. In Beijing the minimum wage is 23 yuan per hour, which is equals to 1518.72 Naira. If you multiply this amount by 10, you will get 15187.2 per day.

So cost of labor for China cost pass Nigeria?

Yes,yes,yes.

But no body go tell you the truth.

They are busy painting us with their evil paint.

Our minimum wage is 30k, why USA and co no dey sing our cheap labor song? Why?

Something is really wrong in this world. I guess high grade racism.

They just hate we blacks.

So they poisoned our harts to hate our mother land.

Nigeria is blessed.

But cursed with evil leaders.

1 Like

Re: Exposed!!!!! Is China Labour Actually Cheap? by Harrymig1(m): 7:35pm On Jul 10, 2021
Nice point
Re: Exposed!!!!! Is China Labour Actually Cheap? by Monogamy: 7:38pm On Jul 10, 2021
They are not using Africa as reference/standard.. It's in comparation with western world.

Chinese dominate majority of the factories in Usa cos of the cheap labour..

If an American is demanding for $15/hr, A Chinese can go as low as $7-8/hr.. And they love overtime as well

5 Likes

Re: Exposed!!!!! Is China Labour Actually Cheap? by risos(m): 7:53pm On Jul 10, 2021
Consider other factors of production like power, logistics and security it actually cheaper.

Totally agree with you on the pay per hour.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exposed!!!!! Is China Labour Actually Cheap? by Jones4190(m): 8:15pm On Jul 10, 2021
LikeAking:

The way oyibo people of the world they talk about cheap China labor,China labor,China labor, e com b like say cost of labor for China n one Naira per hour.

My brothers and sisters Nigerian labour cheap pass China labour by far. Na labor Nigerian labour dem suppose to they hype has cheap labor instead of China labor. I wonder wetin Oyibo go call Nigerian labor when they hear about am.

The question of the day, na, na why the oyibo people of the world no they hype the cheap Nigerian labor? Na why them they make am sound like n China get the cheapest labor in the world. Chinese labor is way, way expensive than Nigerian labor. Make we check the minimum wage of China see.
[img]https://www.statista.com/statistics/233886/minimum-wage-per-hour-in-china-by-city-and-province/[/img]

Lets use Beijing as an example. In Beijing the minimum wage is 23 yuan per hour, which is equals to 1518.72 Naira. If you multiply this amount by 10, you will get 15187.2 per day.

I dey come.

A plate of food in Chinese restaurant in china is more that 40 yuan which is about 3518 naira, with 3518 naira you can feed yourself for five days. What I'm saying is that you can't feed yourself For five days in china with 40 Yuan but you can feed yourself for five days with 3518 naira.
Re: Exposed!!!!! Is China Labour Actually Cheap? by LikeAking: 9:01pm On Jul 10, 2021
Monogamy:
They are not using Africa as reference/standard.. It's in comparation with western world.

Chinese dominate majority of the factories in Usa cos of the cheap labour..

If an American is demanding for $15/hr, A Chinese can go as low as $7-8/hr.. And they love overtime as well

Kindly Expatiate
Re: Exposed!!!!! Is China Labour Actually Cheap? by LikeAking: 9:02pm On Jul 10, 2021
Jones4190:

A plate of food in Chinese restaurant in china is more that 40 yuan which is about 3518 naira, with 3518 naira you can feed yourself for five days. What I'm saying is that you can't feed yourself For five days in china with 40 Yuan but you can feed yourself for five days with 3518 naira.

Thank you very much Sir,

Nigeria has great potentials.

They have made us look like the worse.

Where are the comparative advantage people?

2 Likes

Re: Exposed!!!!! Is China Labour Actually Cheap? by LikeAking: 9:05pm On Jul 10, 2021
risos:
Consider other factors of production like power, logistics and security it actually cheaper.

Totally agree with you on the pay per hour.

When it come to power and logistics, Nigeria is still cheaper than China.

Security is not that bad, it not all the investors will return to their country.

Security may be shaky in Nigeria, but its still cheaper than China.

These foreigners live like kings here.

But we dont know.

1 Like

Re: Exposed!!!!! Is China Labour Actually Cheap? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jul 10, 2021
I think the problem why our cheap labour isn't utilized is lack of skills.

Chinese people are very skilled, when labour was very cheap, most chinese villagers were the ones working in factories to produce what the americans need but as people got lifted up from poverty, their children got highly skilled, labour cost increased.

Labour cost will continue to increase in china as people are lifted out of poverty and their offspring get a highly skilled education.

Chinese manufacturing is moving to Vietnam, Indonesia and Philippines to utilise their cheap labor

2 Likes

Re: Exposed!!!!! Is China Labour Actually Cheap? by dettolgel: 9:28pm On Jul 10, 2021
LikeAking:

When it come to power and logistics, Nigeria is still cheaper than China.

Security is not that bad, it not all the investors will return to their country.

Security may be shaky in Nigeria, but its still cheaper than China.

These foreigners live like kings here.

But we dont know.

I think you missed his points.

In purely business sense efficiency and cost run hand in hand. China power and logistics is more efficient than that of low income Africa countries and cheaper than that of other countries with the same level of efficiency and reliability.

1 Like

Re: Exposed!!!!! Is China Labour Actually Cheap? by LikeAking: 9:53pm On Jul 10, 2021
dettolgel:

I think you missed his points.

In purely business sense efficiency and cost run hand in hand. China power and logistics is more efficient than that of low income Africa countries and cheaper than that of other countries with the same level of efficiency and reliability.

As regards efficient you are right.
100%

But Nigeria can still wake up, after we land hot slaps on the sleeping giant.

Nigerian power is also very cheap, although its demented/epileptic.

The problem with Nigeria is he negative story. He citizens and leaders are to blame.
Re: Exposed!!!!! Is China Labour Actually Cheap? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jul 10, 2021
Op cheap labour is not a good thing and it is nothing to be proud of, as China became more successful it's labour price became higher.
Re: Exposed!!!!! Is China Labour Actually Cheap? by AgainstIslam(f): 10:36pm On Jul 10, 2021
Nigeria would have benefited from her high population but for insecurity.

However, in the long run, high population results into poverty and it's attendant problems.

So it's a double edged sword.
Re: Exposed!!!!! Is China Labour Actually Cheap? by dettolgel: 10:54pm On Jul 10, 2021
LikeAking:

As regards efficient you are right.
100%

But Nigeria can still wake up, after we land hot slaps on the sleeping giant.

Nigerian power is also very cheap, although its demented/epileptic.

The problem with Nigeria is he negative story. He citizens and leaders are to blame.

It is not the negative stories the decadence in Nigeria is real.

Imagine being an international business man trying to set up business in Nigeria :

1. You need to depend on fuel since power supply is unreliable. Even if you say sure I can manage and only produce within the hours when there is power. Imagine how many months it usually takes phcn to replace a transformer?

2. If you rely on the transportation system to move your raw materials and finished products across the country. If you have lived in the west you will understand this very well. 99.9% of the time freight services are on schedule. Imagine we move tons of good across the country by roads, roads that are not motorable, hence, increasing the travel time, cost and endangering the lives of other road users.

If you tell your customers that their goods will be delivered to France from Nederlands by train on the 30th of July after making arrangements with the freight service, it will be delivered. If not you can seek legal redress and get compensations.

Legal system in Nigeria is a sham. If your supplier is someone like dangote tell me how you intend to get justice in a case where he breaches agreement between you two. Let alone when you are a small business owner trying to stay afloat.

3. Imagine being a business man and you bought raw materials in January on international market and imported to Nigeria at a certain price. Only for you to wake up in July and realise that you need more money to import same quantity because of the price of dollars.

Bros Nigeria is a horrible place to do business. The legal and financial system is grossly unreliable. The infrastructures are underdeveloped and in terrible conditions.

You could ask why then are Chinese and Indians flooding Nigeria to do business?

The fundamental reason is that most of those businesses are front for money laundry. Secondly, the indians and Chinese are money bags that understand how to play dirty in Nigeria.
Re: Exposed!!!!! Is China Labour Actually Cheap? by Sincinnati: 12:17am On Jul 11, 2021
LikeAking:

So cost of labor for China cost pass Nigeria?

Yes,yes,yes.

But no body go tell you the truth.

They are busy painting us with their evil paint.

Our minimum wage is 30k, why USA and co no dey sing our cheap labor song? Why?

Something is really wrong in this world. I guess high grade racism.

They just hate we blacks.

So they poisoned our harts to hate our mother land.

Nigeria is blessed.

But cursed with evil leaders.

We are talking about productive labor, you’re talking about wor wor, barrow pushers, hawkers, etc.

When Oyibo people talk about China labor being cheap, they mean the cost assembling Apple Devices, the salary of workers in Volkswagen manufacturing plant, the cost of fixing broken heavy ICT equipments etc not your regular unproductive labor littering Nigeria.
Re: Exposed!!!!! Is China Labour Actually Cheap? by LikeAking: 12:59am On Jul 11, 2021
Sincinnati:
We are talking about productive labor, you’re talking about wor wor, barrow pushers, hawkers, etc.

When Oyibo people talk about China labor being cheap, they mean the cost assembling Apple Devices, the salary of workers in Volkswagen manufacturing plant, the cost of fixing broken heavy ICT equipments etc not your regular unproductive labor littering Nigeria.

Innoson is manufacturing car and many other guys in Nigeria, how much are they paying them?

You cant compare our amount with China.

Nigeria has cheaper professional labor than China.

Its official.
Re: Exposed!!!!! Is China Labour Actually Cheap? by LikeAking: 1:05am On Jul 11, 2021
dettolgel:

It is not the negative stories the decadence in Nigeria is real.

Imagine being an international business man trying to set up business in Nigeria :

1. You need to depend on fuel since power supply is unreliable. Even if you say sure I can manage and only produce within the hours when there is power. Imagine how many months it usually takes phcn to replace a transformer?

2. If you rely on the transportation system to move your raw materials and finished products across the country. If you have lived in the west you will understand this very well. 99.9% of the time freight services are on schedule. Imagine we move tons of good across the country by roads, roads that are not motorable, hence, increasing the travel time, cost and endangering the lives of other road users.

If you tell your customers that their goods will be delivered to France from Nederlands by train on the 30th of July after making arrangements with the freight service, it will be delivered. If not you can seek legal redress and get compensations.

Legal system in Nigeria is a sham. If your supplier is someone like dangote tell me how you intend to get justice in a case where he breaches agreement between you too. Let alone when you are a small business owner trying to stay afloat.

3. Imagine being a business man and you bought raw materials in January on international market and imported to Nigeria at a certain price. Only for you to wake on July and realise that you need more money to import same quantity because of the price of dollars.

Bros Nigeria is a horrible place to do business. The legal and financial system is grossly unreliable. The infrastructures are underdeveloped and in terrible conditions.

You could ask why then are Chinese and Indians flooding Nigeria to do business?

The fundamental reason is that most of those businesses are front for money laundry. Secondly, the indians and Chinese are money bags that understand how to play dirty in Nigeria.

We know its bad, but not as bad as we think.

Imagine the Chinese and co learning how to play in Nigeria.

Business is not easy anywhere.

The most important question is, are their customers in Nigeria willing to buy your product.

If yes, then carry go.

I believe business men attach all the Nigerian wahalla to the price of their products, yet Nigerian still buy.

Nigeria still has its good side.

We can make things work.
Re: Exposed!!!!! Is China Labour Actually Cheap? by dettolgel: 7:46am On Jul 11, 2021
LikeAking:

We know its bad, but not as bad as we think.

Imagine the Chinese and co learning how to play in Nigeria.

Business is not easy anywhere.

The most important question is, are their customers in Nigeria willing to buy your product.

If yes, then carry go.

I believe business men attach all the Nigerian wahalla to the price of their products, yet Nigerian still buy.

Nigeria still has its good side.

We can make things work.

Are you currently doing business in medium scale in Nigeria?
Re: Exposed!!!!! Is China Labour Actually Cheap? by LandMann: 8:50am On Jul 11, 2021
Chinese labour is cheap in the context of developed countries.

You'd compare China to UK, USA, Germany, France, Russia and Switzerland in terms of wage rate and skill level of the average labour.

If we assume skill level is relatively equal amongst them, wage differ and Chinese is extremely cheap compared to the rest because of higher supply resulting from their high population.

So Chinese labour is cheap compared to other labour that are high in quality.

The Chinese labour is highly productive and skilled because their government pays very close attention to education especially at the primary and secondary level.

Their education system is very rigorous and designed to ensure that at the end of graduating from secondary school, the average Chinese has the technical knowledge to either run a business, production facility or produce one commodity or product. It is why China is the production hub of the world.

Let's come down to Nigeria, what is the quality of labour here? Majority of the labour force in Nigeria is highly unskilled and myopic at best. They can't produce or compete with the labour in the aforementioned countries because they got shitty education right from primary to secondary and tertiary level.

It is in this geographical contraption you'll find a geologist who doesn't know the technical aspects of mining fossil fuels or minerals from the earth, an electrical engineer who can't come up with an electrical blueprint for wiring a skyscraper or design a system to ensure Nigerians stop bypassing prepaid meters...the list goes on.

A thread was on front page the other day asking about the worst course to study in a tertiary institution. Surprisingly, microbiology and many scientific courses made the list... Foolish Nigerians don't know that it is from courses like this you get solutions to problems like COVID 19, EBOLA, and other diseases ravaging Nigeria and the world.

Nairaland is where you will find out the intelligence of the average Nigerian or majority of the populace. Ask for a business idea and state the specific capital you have. You'll be shocked at the ridiculous ideas you'll get. It just points out how poor the quality of the labour force is in Nigeria thanks to our shitty PUBLIC EDUCATION AT ALL LEVELS. I emphasize the former because it is where you find majority of Nigerians seeking education.

I could go on and on but heek, how many Nigerians are intellectually competent to read this lengthy post of mine and agree or disagree at an intellectual level? Few at best.

For those who will read this in many years ahead, hopefully when this geographical contraption gets better political leadership, please know that Nigeria, at the time of this piece, has one of the worst set of political leaders in the world. They are just plain dumb and stupid and only interested in acquiring fiat power so they can remain in power and oppress others.

They're responsible for 50% of the problem. The other 50% goes to the populace who, despite the wealth of knowledge and information available in the 2021, online and offline, choose to be lead by a bunch of incompetent and extremely corrupt nincompoops.

The future doesn't look bright for Nigeria.

I drop my pen solemnly.

2 Likes

Re: Exposed!!!!! Is China Labour Actually Cheap? by LikeAking: 10:11am On Jul 11, 2021
LandMann:
Chinese labour is cheap in the context of developed countries.

You'd compare China to UK, USA, Germany, France, Russia and Switzerland in terms of wage rate and skill level of the average labour.

If we assume skill level is relatively equal amongst them, wage differ and Chinese is extremely cheap compared to the rest because of higher supply resulting from their high population.

So Chinese labour is cheap compared to other labour that are high in quality.

The Chinese labour is highly productive and skilled because their government pays very close attention to education especially at the primary and secondary level.

Their education system is very rigorous and designed to ensure that at the end of graduating from secondary school, the average Chinese has the technical knowledge to either run a business, production facility or produce one commodity or product. It is why China is the production hub of the world.

Let's come down to Nigeria, what is the quality of labour here? Majority of the labour force in Nigeria is highly unskilled and myopic at best. They can't produce or compete with the labour in the aforementioned countries because they got shitty education right from primary to secondary and tertiary level.

It is in this geographical contraption you'll find a geologist who doesn't know the technical aspects of mining fossil fuels or minerals from the earth, an electrical engineer who can't come up with an electrical blueprint for wiring a skyscraper or design a system to ensure Nigerians stop bypassing prepaid meters...the list goes on.

A thread was on front page the other day asking about the worst course to study in a tertiary institution. Surprisingly, microbiology and many scientific courses made the list... Foolish Nigerians don't know that it is from courses like this you get solutions to problems like COVID 19, EBOLA, and other diseases ravaging Nigeria and the world.

Nairaland is where you will find out the intelligence of the average Nigerian or majority of the populace. Ask for a business idea and state the specific capital you have. You'll be shocked at the ridiculous ideas you'll get. It just points out how poor the quality of the labour force is in Nigeria thanks to our shitty PUBLIC EDUCATION AT ALL LEVELS. I emphasize the former because it is where you find majority of Nigerians seeking education.

I could go on and on but heek, how many Nigerians are intellectually competent to read this lengthy post of mine and agree or disagree at an intellectual level? Few at best.

For those who will read this in many years ahead, hopefully when this geographical contraption gets better political leadership, please know that Nigeria, at the time of this piece, has one of the worst set of political leaders in the world. They are just plain dumb and stupid and only interested in acquiring fiat power so they can remain in power and oppress others.

They're responsible for 50% of the problem. The other 50% goes to the populace who, despite the wealth of knowledge and information available in the 2021, online and offline, choose to be lead by a bunch of incompetent and extremely corrupt nincompoops.

The future doesn't look bright for Nigeria.

I drop my pen solemnly.

Comparing Chinese labor to dev countries is not proper.

We have quality labor force assembling cars, building refineries, power plants and recently helicopters etc.

We are comparing the our skilled labor to Chinese skilled labor.

We have been programmed to hate our country and see noting good in it by some smart me.

Thats one of our problems.

Their are lots of opportunities in Nigeria.

One thing we the masses must realize is this, the road to wealth and happiness is a personal fight, not a government fight.

These P Buhari must people hate has made many men rich and made in a legit way.

We just have to change our Nigerian narrative.

I know govt are bad, idle, embarrassing, etc.

But I believe its that way because we the citizens have very low standards.

We are not giving the govt enough work to do.
Re: Exposed!!!!! Is China Labour Actually Cheap? by GIANTPLUSHUB: 10:52am On Jul 11, 2021
LikeAking:

Comparing Chinese labor to dev countries is not proper.

We have quality labor force assembling cars, building refineries, power plants and recently helicopters etc.

We are comparing the our skilled labor to Chinese skilled labor.

We have been programmed to hate our country and see noting good in it by some smart me.

Thats one of our problems.

Their are lots of opportunities in Nigeria.

One thing we the masses must realize is this, the road to wealth and happiness is a personal fight, not a government fight.

These P Buhari must people hate has made many men rich and made in a legit way.

We just have to change our Nigerian narrative.

I know govt are bad, idle, embarrassing, etc.

But I believe its that way because we the citizens have very low standards.

We are not giving the govt enough work to do.

You still haven't understand how hard it's to do business in Nigeria. No worries, until you set up your factory with a budgeted amount and in the process of setting it up, an agency you don't just come from no where come to slam you some charges you didn't budget which run into millions. Na there you go know how far. Lots is wrong with doing manufacturing in Nigeria. It's only money bags with influencial back ups that are going for it. All those theories wey you dey explain no be am. Na the practical be the KOKO and na there your eyes and senses go open.
Re: Exposed!!!!! Is China Labour Actually Cheap? by LikeAking: 3:00pm On Jul 11, 2021
GIANTPLUSHUB:

You still haven't understand how hard it's to do business in Nigeria. No worries, until you set up your factory with a budgeted amount and in the process of setting it up, an agency you don't just come from no where come to slam you some charges you didn't budget which run into millions. Na there you go know how far. Lots is wrong with doing manufacturing in Nigeria. It's only money bags with influencial back ups that are going for it. All those theories wey you dey explain no be am. Na the practical be the KOKO and na there your eyes and senses go open.

Its not easy any where.

Nigeria is not that bad.

The USA and China even have worse policies.

If the Chinese tell us what they pass through to give us these goods we will shed tears.

E no easy, we know.

But Nigeria is not as bad as they are claiming.
Re: Exposed!!!!! Is China Labour Actually Cheap? by samsard(m): 3:21pm On Jul 11, 2021
LikeAking:

Its not easy any where.

Nigeria is not that bad.

The USA and China even have worse policies.

If the Chinese tell us what they pass through to give us these goods we will shed tears.

E no easy, we know.

But Nigeria is not as bad as they are claiming.

You're dreaming. Go check out the number of industries that have closed in the last 20 years. There's absolutely no way you can compare China with Nigeria.
The Chinese are now just slightly behind the west in the most advanced technology. One city in China likely generates more power than the whole of Nigeria combined.
Did you know South Africans with about a quarter of our population generate over 50,000 MW of electricity and still complain that it's inadequate?
Nigeria's generation is under 10,000 MW for a population of 200 million. Transportation infrastructure is quite bad, insecurity right now is so bad any foreigner is a target for kidnapping, unless of course they live in maybe Lagos or move about with police escort.
Nigerians are also notoriously dishonest. It sounds like bashing my own country. But I'm just saying the naked truth.
Our legal framework is painfully slow and inefficient.
China and other emerging manufacturing hubs have also built a tech supply chain and tech hubs. Nigeria probably can't independently manufacturer any kind of computer chip or modern equipment.
Also, our education system is super flawed. A lot of our graduates were taught obsolete things and our research institutions are only there to pay salaries to staff.
Re: Exposed!!!!! Is China Labour Actually Cheap? by LikeAking: 4:22pm On Jul 11, 2021
samsard:
You're dreaming. Go check out the number of industries that have closed in the last 20 years. There's absolutely no way you can compare China with Nigeria.
The Chinese are now just slightly behind the west in the most advanced technology. One city in China likely generates more power than the whole of Nigeria combined.
Did you know South Africans with about a quarter of our population generate over 50,000 MW of electricity and still complain that it's inadequate?
Nigeria's generation is under 10,000 MW for a population of 200 million. Transportation infrastructure is quite bad, insecurity right now is so bad any foreigner is a target for kidnapping, unless of course they live in maybe Lagos or move about with police escort.
Nigerians are also notoriously dishonest. It sounds like bashing my own country. But I'm just saying the naked truth.
Our legal framework is painfully slow and inefficient.
China and other emerging manufacturing hubs have also built a tech supply chain and tech hubs. Nigeria probably can't independently manufacturer any kind of computer chip or modern equipment.
Also, our education system is super flawed. A lot of our graduates were taught obsolete things and our research institutions are only there to pay salaries to staff.

Here is the problem. We have been trained to only see the bad in Nigeria.

Industries are closing no doubt, let them go to other countries and see.

Bata that let Nigeria, came back.

They will all come back.

We have our problems no doubt, but our good out weighs the bad.

The reason industries are closing in Nigeria is becos of cheaper goods from China. Its a global problem

As regards light issue, its just another gold mine for you and me.

If we are manufacturing we can easily manufacture plants to generate the good old electricity.

Our educational system is not that bad. The parents are to blame for this.

No disrespect - The Chinese are over hyped. This is what Nigeria lacks.

(1) (Reply)

Would you like to make 10k today using just #500 for free?? (details inside) / Crypto Bull Run 2024/2025!!! What You Need To Know And Coins You Need To Buy. / Nigerian To Ten Business Icon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.