Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,919 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:23 PM

It's Not Nepotism, It's Communalism - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / It's Not Nepotism, It's Communalism (232 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It's Not Nepotism, It's Communalism by IsaacEtieno(m): 10:15pm On Jul 10, 2021
A Southerner is in a position of authority and influence and another Southerner comes to him for a job. Speaks polished English and writes a good application letter to impress him. He tells him to bring his papers. He brings his degree certificate (say, First Class or Second Class). Oga boss tells him to go for his Masters or even PhD before he'll be qualified for the job.

On the other hand, a Northerner is in a position of authority and influence. A Northerner comes and speaks Hausa to him. He asks him to bring his papers. He brings his certificate (say, Third Class or even O'level certificate, please no offense intended). He's given a job and he saves money to further his education. After some years becomes a Director of that Agency. The Southerner starts envying him. Accusing the Northerners of nepotism, tribalism and religious sentiments.

It's not nepotism. It's communalism. It's the brotherhood spirit.

You see, that's why in almost all the establishments and agencies, if a Northerner is the boss, there's 80-90% chance that 50-60% of the staff strength will be northerners because they know how to help each other to succeed.
In this era when employers are looking for a graduate of not more than 27 years with 5years of experience, the least you can do is to help people get a job.

If you don't help your people, don't expect others to help them and don't get envious when you see people that knows and practices brotherly love progressing.

2 Likes

Re: It's Not Nepotism, It's Communalism by otipoju(m): 11:16pm On Jul 10, 2021
There are two kinds of people.
One who after succeeding does all he can to prevent others reaching his level.
The other type after succeeding is not satisfied until he has helped others to be on the same level as him.

That second type is very rare among Pentecostal Christianity in Nigeria...all they teach in their churches is that you must be the head and not the tail...no time for brotherly love or help somebody unless you get hole wey they can enter

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It's Not Nepotism, It's Communalism by IsaacEtieno(m): 7:02am On Jul 11, 2021
otipoju:
There are two kinds of people.
One who after succeeding does all he can to prevent others reaching his level.
The other type after succeeding is not satisfied until he has helped others to be on the same level as him.

That second type is very rare among Pentecostal Christianity in Nigeria...all they teach in their churches is that you must be the head and not the tail...no time for brotherly love or help somebody unless you get hole wey they can enter

I agree with your narration but my confusion is as to how you turned this into a church thing?
Re: It's Not Nepotism, It's Communalism by nikola(m): 8:10am On Jul 11, 2021
IsaacEtieno:

I agree with your narration but my confusion is as to how you turned this into a church thing?

LMAO
I know I was not invited, but how has he turned it into a Church thing? Your write up showed you taking the "ethnic superiority" argument. Although, you clearly stated "no offense intended" it still is offensive. LOL
Your point is noted, his point is noted, no need to pick his contribution apart.
Like I thumbed, I apologise for coming in uninvited.
Cheers.
Re: It's Not Nepotism, It's Communalism by IsaacEtieno(m): 9:17am On Jul 11, 2021
nikola:

LMAO
I know I was not invited, but how has he turned it into a Church thing? Your write up showed you taking the "ethnic superiority" argument. Although, you clearly stated "no offense intended" it still is offensive. LOL
Your point is noted, his point is noted, no need to pick his contribution apart.
Like I thumbed, I apologise for coming in uninvited.

Nice one. You criticized fairly. Thumbs up. Thanks for coming anyways
Cheers.
Re: It's Not Nepotism, It's Communalism by Deasegun19(m): 12:00pm On Jul 11, 2021
op, u are right. in exception of the Igbos.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Siwes Allowance / Malappropism In My Previous Thread "Replacement In The Civil Service" / Online Newspaper Vacancy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.