Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,799 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

Nigeria Beats The USA 90-87 In Pre-Olympic Basketball Friendly - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Beats The USA 90-87 In Pre-Olympic Basketball Friendly (26664 Views)

Liz Cambage Denies Racially Insulting Nigerian Players During Pre-Olympic Match. / USA Defeats Nigeria 93-62 In Female Basketball Friendly / U.S Men's Basketball Coach Greg Popovich Reats To 90-87 Loss To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Beats The USA 90-87 In Pre-Olympic Basketball Friendly by Maski87: 10:53am On Jul 11, 2021
Achiuwa,okpala,chimezie,Haba, na,biafrans nah and yoruba nation,no be Nigeria
Re: Nigeria Beats The USA 90-87 In Pre-Olympic Basketball Friendly by Itzlinda(f): 10:54am On Jul 11, 2021
Danzakidakura:
This is not quota system made up. Fulani are dumbass. Super Eagles were doing well untill quota system enter it.

Calm down mumu. You don't need to expose your ignorance. These are all American based players playing in nba.
The only connection they have with Nigeria is their parent.
Re: Nigeria Beats The USA 90-87 In Pre-Olympic Basketball Friendly by Prenonjebose: 10:55am On Jul 11, 2021
future001:

It seems you haven’t been following Nigerian games. Our problem has never been within the box, it’s always been have players that can play from the perimeter when it matters. Thats why we loose many games because we always struggle outside the perimeter. Feels good to know that we have players that can now contribute from the perimeter.
Very correct. Having players that can do the 3 pointers for a change gives a lot of hope. Having 2 to 3 players who are good in outside perimeter throws is very valuable
Re: Nigeria Beats The USA 90-87 In Pre-Olympic Basketball Friendly by Danzakidakura(m): 10:57am On Jul 11, 2021
Itzlinda:

Calm down mumu. You don't need to expose your ignorance. These are all American based players playing in nba.
if the common criminal called Buhari have his way he would have appointed all Fulani terrorists group.
Re: Nigeria Beats The USA 90-87 In Pre-Olympic Basketball Friendly by Bavkk: 11:06am On Jul 11, 2021
Your heart will be beating till the game finish.... 40 minutes of unrest
wiseone28:
See odds wey I missed
Re: Nigeria Beats The USA 90-87 In Pre-Olympic Basketball Friendly by Justhere: 11:06am On Jul 11, 2021
D tiger twittering from where?
Re: Nigeria Beats The USA 90-87 In Pre-Olympic Basketball Friendly by naptu2: 11:08am On Jul 11, 2021
Justhere:
D tiger twittering from where?

Las Vegas, where the game was played.
Re: Nigeria Beats The USA 90-87 In Pre-Olympic Basketball Friendly by CSTRR: 11:10am On Jul 11, 2021
Just reading the comments on Americans I feel like crying.

Nigeria have no reputation on the world stage.
Re: Nigeria Beats The USA 90-87 In Pre-Olympic Basketball Friendly by Jonathan39: 11:15am On Jul 11, 2021
How come your people are eating grass? grin grin
Ramsak1:
Na hunger go kill you and your people in that kind of Nigeria, Na the red potopoto wey dy una area una for dy chop?.
Ndi onion bandit
Re: Nigeria Beats The USA 90-87 In Pre-Olympic Basketball Friendly by EmmanuelBanks: 11:17am On Jul 11, 2021
MJBOLT:
Argentina Victory Nigeria Victory Oya, Italy do the needful this night abeg cool
lol, sir if I may ask, why you no want make England win though..hahahah

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Beats The USA 90-87 In Pre-Olympic Basketball Friendly by CSTRR: 11:19am On Jul 11, 2021
This is quality human capital.

Not the type where you just accumulates milllons and millions of invalids that are only useful during voting and you are telling us about your numerical strength.

Igbo no dey vote, igbos don't have voting importance, e.tc., but they dominate your most useful demographics.

Yeye dey smell.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Beats The USA 90-87 In Pre-Olympic Basketball Friendly by Jonathan39: 11:21am On Jul 11, 2021
Show me any line up of D'tigers with 5 Yorubas. I am waiting
GEEBITE:
Your statement is implicit because we have always had about 5 lads with Yoruba ancestry in D"tigers. Dropping AlFarouq's name in response to that tribalist especially in the context you used it tends toward an assumption that he is from the North. The guy you responded to was clearly taking a swipe at North for their quota system beliefs.
Re: Nigeria Beats The USA 90-87 In Pre-Olympic Basketball Friendly by Tonytonex(m): 11:25am On Jul 11, 2021
Trojan8:

So Bam, Tatum, Lilliard, Beal and Durant that started the game are called moons? Even Booker dey bench.

Learn how to appreciate your own. We won this game even trailing by 9 points. Even shooting 20 3s is very impressive for an international game.
I'm happy for the Win. But what I'm saying is that we should also beat them when it matters. I appreciate the victory. But winning get levels. It'll just be like Arsenal beating Bayern Munich in a friendly match and making noise.
Re: Nigeria Beats The USA 90-87 In Pre-Olympic Basketball Friendly by Jonathan39: 11:28am On Jul 11, 2021
And your point is? Who stopped the Quota system products from traveling?
Itzlinda:

Re: Nigeria Beats The USA 90-87 In Pre-Olympic Basketball Friendly by Buffalo2(m): 11:36am On Jul 11, 2021
NFF should come and learn from NBBF. Top quality coach, top quality players

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Beats The USA 90-87 In Pre-Olympic Basketball Friendly by sneedpahpaz(m): 11:37am On Jul 11, 2021
naptu2:
The full Team USA roster includes: Bam Adebayo (Miami Heat), Bradley Beal (Washington Wizards), Devin Booker (Phoenix Suns), Kevin Durant (Brooklyn Nets), Jerami Grant (Detroit Pistons), Draymond Green (Golden State Warriors), Jrue Holiday (Milwaukee Bucks), Zach LaVine (Chicago Bulls), Damian Lillard (Portland Trail Blazers), Kevin Love (Cleveland Cavaliers), Khris Middleton (Milwaukee Bucks) and Jayson Tatum (Boston Celtics).

This list is fake... Khris Middleton, Jrue Holiday and Devin Booker are busy with the NBA Finals with Game 3 coming up in hours... How can they be part of the said lineup?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Beats The USA 90-87 In Pre-Olympic Basketball Friendly by Tonytonex(m): 11:38am On Jul 11, 2021
EmmanuelBanks:

lol, sir if I may ask, why you no want make England win though..hahahah
ticket things. But . It's coming home.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Beats The USA 90-87 In Pre-Olympic Basketball Friendly by Trojan8(m): 11:51am On Jul 11, 2021
Tonytonex:
I'm happy for the Win. But what I'm saying is that we should also beat them when it matters. I appreciate the victory. But winning get levels. It'll just be like Arsenal beating Bayern Munich in a friendly match and making noise.

USA is a far stronger team, Rome wasn't built in a day. We know the NBA, what's the name of Nigeria's local basketball league? You have to factor in all these.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Beats The USA 90-87 In Pre-Olympic Basketball Friendly by Nobody: 11:53am On Jul 11, 2021
Galaticos444:
u 4got to add dat 75% of d players ar igbos and there was no aboki in d team,ladies and gentlemen imagine a Nigeria without abokis

Mumu one of the best players in that team na "aboki"
Re: Nigeria Beats The USA 90-87 In Pre-Olympic Basketball Friendly by Nobody: 11:54am On Jul 11, 2021
sneedpahpaz:

This list is fake... Khris Middleton, Jrue Holiday and Devin Booker are busy with the NBA Finals with Game 3 coming up in hours... How can they be part of the said lineup?

Them say full roster not line up bros

The roster is for the Olympics and not just this friendly
Re: Nigeria Beats The USA 90-87 In Pre-Olympic Basketball Friendly by Nobody: 11:55am On Jul 11, 2021
Buffalo2:
NFF should come and learn from NBBF. Top quality coach, top quality players

NFF get players though not top quality yet all round

But coach na the major issue

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Beats The USA 90-87 In Pre-Olympic Basketball Friendly by naptu2: 12:02pm On Jul 11, 2021
sneedpahpaz:

There are two sets of lists there. There are 15 person lists from both teams. That's their full roster for the Olympics. Then there are 5 man lists from both teams. Those are the starting line up for this game.

I hope it's clear now.
Re: Nigeria Beats The USA 90-87 In Pre-Olympic Basketball Friendly by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jul 11, 2021
Terrific efforts.
Re: Nigeria Beats The USA 90-87 In Pre-Olympic Basketball Friendly by patriotic007: 12:48pm On Jul 11, 2021
Itzlinda:

where they reside is not the issue my friend....The issue is let the best lead if you want the best..... Northerners and quota system has really set us back in this country that sometimes I wonder if we will ever be able to undo the damages quota system has done to our nation
Re: Nigeria Beats The USA 90-87 In Pre-Olympic Basketball Friendly by desire4love: 12:50pm On Jul 11, 2021
I watched the game yesterday, it was very interesting.
At at a time I begging to doubt if it was our own Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Beats The USA 90-87 In Pre-Olympic Basketball Friendly by patriotic007: 12:51pm On Jul 11, 2021
kenddys:

Mumu one of the best players in that team na "aboki"
No aboki on this Olympic basket ball roster.....It's on the front page.....atleast try and read before you comment
Re: Nigeria Beats The USA 90-87 In Pre-Olympic Basketball Friendly by desire4love: 12:51pm On Jul 11, 2021
desire4love:
I watched the game yesterday, it was very interesting.
At at a time I begging to doubt if it was our own Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Beats The USA 90-87 In Pre-Olympic Basketball Friendly by Techguy96(m): 12:55pm On Jul 11, 2021
Benz4pimp:
so you expect USA to play a serious match and get injured abi.....Nigerians are jokers
No Africa team has ever won US, not on a serious match or friendly.

U think US will want to loose to an Africa team because it's a friendly.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Beats The USA 90-87 In Pre-Olympic Basketball Friendly by patriotic007: 12:55pm On Jul 11, 2021
CSTRR:
This is quality human capital.

Not the type where you just accumulates milllons and millions of invalids that are only useful during voting and you are telling us about your numerical strength.

Igbo no dey vote, igbos don't have voting importance, e.tc., but they dominate your most useful demographics.

Yeye dey smell.
The best resources is human resources..... Northerners are like cancer Nigeria.....Just numerically bogus but very empty interms of human capital development
Re: Nigeria Beats The USA 90-87 In Pre-Olympic Basketball Friendly by Ishilove: 1:27pm On Jul 11, 2021
fuckpro:

Na ur own go always dey different
Unprintable things holidaying in that mind
I don't know what you're talking about
Re: Nigeria Beats The USA 90-87 In Pre-Olympic Basketball Friendly by Omolomo4eva(m): 1:28pm On Jul 11, 2021
This is the first great news this year....tired of d boko,Sunday igboho,DSS,APC,decamping,miyettu Allah,etc

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Basketball: Nigeria Win Again, Beat Argentina 94 - 71 / Roman Abramovich Has Dished Out £112.5M In Compensation To Sacked Chelsea Bosses / Infantino With Ifeanyi Ubah: As FIFA Keys Into ‘Football Made In Anambra’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.