Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,837 members, 7,817,473 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

Amaju Pinnick Visits Watford, Meets Etebo, Troost-Ekong, Others (Photos) - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Amaju Pinnick Visits Watford, Meets Etebo, Troost-Ekong, Others (Photos) (31620 Views)

Amuneke, Akpoborie, Ekong, Others To Be Honoured At Ajegunle Football And Sports / World Cup: Oghenekaro Etebo Has Completed More Dribbles Than Messi, Ronaldo / Amaju Pinnick Visits Karl Ikeme At Christie Clinic In Manchester (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaju Pinnick Visits Watford, Meets Etebo, Troost-Ekong, Others (Photos) by ThothHermes: 10:24pm On Jul 11, 2021
paulolee:
omor, dm jus de recuit naija players asif one naija billionaire get shares for the club..
I hope they end up successful and they would be my club in EPL this season because of the power of naija in that squad..
whats dt hypocrite pinnick doing in Watford self??
if local players refuse deal from "mushroom clubs in Europe" how would dey end up in EPL??
when last an EPL club signed a player directly from our league after mikel did decades ago??
Mikel was signed from Lyn Oslo in Norway.

1 Like

Re: Amaju Pinnick Visits Watford, Meets Etebo, Troost-Ekong, Others (Photos) by teamoneline: 10:39pm On Jul 11, 2021
aribisala0:

Yes academies will help but is that THE PROBLEM ?
I do not think so
players need to be able to earn a living playing football in Nigeria

Ultimately it comes down to money
We need a football economy that generates revenue to pay its way

If you were around in the 80s we had a league that was not great but it generated local interest. People travelled up and down the country to follow their teams and tha is where the likes of Finidi, Keshi and Amunike came from.
I do not think anyone would say they lacked football intelligence

We do not have adequate health facilities or personnel to manage injuries and players struggle to buy boots and kit

It ultimately comes down to money and that needs a strategy which is Pinnick's job

How do we develop a league that attracts interest

Interestingly in the 80s we were watching Nigerian football and listening to foreign music.
Today we have our own music industry and are watching football

How do we create a local league tha we are willing to pay to watch

Since china started signing foreign players and coaches attendance at stadiums increased but in Nigeria we can't afford to signing high level players. It's not as if if we sign we'll go to the stadium to look at their faces,No. We are going there to see what the foreign players would do. If I hear iniesta has signed for shooting stars today I will pay to watch shooting stars games. we know this is not going to happen so we had better start setting up quality academies and coaching schools to produce local iniestas, Ronaldos, pep, klop and messi and work with the media to televise local games and also hype the hell outta these players.

Talking about earning a living. Some players earn 7 figures a month in this Nigerian league, I know not all are paid well or even paid but IMHO money is not the root.
Re: Amaju Pinnick Visits Watford, Meets Etebo, Troost-Ekong, Others (Photos) by aribisala0(m): 10:50pm On Jul 11, 2021
teamoneline:

Since china started signing foreign players and coaches attendance at stadiums increased but in Nigeria we can't afford to signing high level players. It's not as if if we sign we'll go to the stadium to look at their faces,No. We are going there to see what the foreign players would do. If I hear iniesta has signed for shooting stars today I will pay to watch shooting stars games. we know this is not going to happen so we had better start setting up quality academies and coaching schools to produce local iniestas, Ronaldos, pep, klop and messi and work with the media to televise local games and also hype the hell outta these players.

Talking about earning a living. Some players earn 7 figures a month in this Nigerian league, I know not all are paid well or even paid but IMHO money is not the root.

Even small countries like Scotland , Belgium, Portugal , Greece, Ireland have functional leagues
There is a second and third division in many European courtiers with good following
Basically most towns have a club with which the locals identify

You might not be old enough to know how bbig Principal's cup was in Lagos State in the 80s

We have to start somewhere with a long term vision and plan

I don't thin we need to start by signing Iniesta or any foreign player.
Honestly that is a ridiculous idea
Nigeria and Africa is blessed with a lot of natural talent and technically sound players
I do not see Chinese players overtaking Africa with all their money

Academies are not what produce Ronaldos with respect that is wrong
Nigeria is blessed with talent .
Players need a league that is competitive and a vision of how to grow that league over many years

There are excellent academies in England , They have the richest league and do not have better players than those in Africa
I

I find your ideas fantastic
What we need is a patient long term strategy to build a league in the next 30 years not a short cut about signing foreigners

I do not think any race is more athletic than West Africans.
It does not have to start as a big league bu one in which locals are interested

People go to stadiums when they have disposable income as Nigerians did in the 70s and 80s . Now most Nigerians struggle to eat . It is a long term thing .There is no quick fix

1 Like

Re: Amaju Pinnick Visits Watford, Meets Etebo, Troost-Ekong, Others (Photos) by 1forall: 11:32pm On Jul 11, 2021
My fellow Warri boy? He probably 'branched' on his way back from shopping tongue
Re: Amaju Pinnick Visits Watford, Meets Etebo, Troost-Ekong, Others (Photos) by Thryphosa(m): 12:26am On Jul 12, 2021
paulolee:
omor, dm jus de recuit naija players asif one naija billionaire get shares for the club..
I hope they end up successful and they would be my club in EPL this season because of the power of naija in that squad..
whats dt hypocrite pinnick doing in Watford self??
if local players refuse deal from "mushroom clubs in Europe" how would dey end up in EPL??
when last an EPL club signed a player directly from our league after mikel did decades ago??

I don't even think Chelsea signed Mikel directly from his Naija club, I think he was signed from a club in Norway.
Re: Amaju Pinnick Visits Watford, Meets Etebo, Troost-Ekong, Others (Photos) by Mryacks: 1:57pm On Jul 12, 2021
Fahdiga:
He will ask for egunje

Baba they gats pass small brown envelope na grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Asisat Oshoala Visits President And Mrs Tinubu. / Ezuruike Wins Gold At RIO Paralympic / Ighalo Builds Home For Orphans In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.