Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,103 members, 7,953,355 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:56 PM

Address Reasons Behind Seccessionist Agitations - Adesina Tells FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Address Reasons Behind Seccessionist Agitations - Adesina Tells FG (1510 Views)

Lagosians Wise Up, Labor Party Is A Pro IPoB, Pro Seccessionist, Divisive Party / Buhari’s Impeachment: You Are Wasting Your Time - Femi Adesina Tells Senators / IPOB/Yoruba Nation: IBB Finally Speaks On Nnamdi Kanu, Igboho Agitations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Address Reasons Behind Seccessionist Agitations - Adesina Tells FG by iwaeda: 9:02am On Jul 11, 2021
Bank Group, Dr. Akinwumi A. Adesina, has given insight on how Nigeria can address fundamental reasons for the rising agitations across the country.

Speaking yesterday at the Convocation Lecture of American University of Nigeria, Yola, Adamawa State in his lecture titled; “Building a New Nigeria: Imperatives for Shared Prosperity,” Adesina said Nigeria can address the agitations by listening, understanding, removing prejudices and allowing open, national dialogues, without preconditions, but with one goal by building one cohesive, united, fair, just and equitable nation for all, not for a few or for any section of the nation or religion.

Citing Singapore, he said the country’s system is based on meritocracy, not aristocracy or ethnocracy or religiocracy.
According to him, any society where meritocracy is subjugated to aristocracy, ethnocracy or religiocracy eventually tends towards mediocrity.
Adesina said; “Nigeria must learn from this experience and forge a new way of engaging among its diverse ethnic groups and religions. Nigeria must start managing its diversity for prosperity.

“We must drive for national cohesion, not ethnic nationalities. We must address the fundamental reasons for agitations, by listening, understanding, removing prejudices, and allowing for open, national dialogues, without preconditions, but with one goal: build one cohesive, united, fair, just and equitable nation for all, not for a few or for any section of the nation or religion.

“A nation, unified by a sense of common wealth, not a collage of ethnic nationalism. A nation driven my meritocracy, not ethnocracy, religiocracy or aristocracy.
“One of the things that Singapore did well was to have four national languages: English, Malay, Mandarin and Tamil. Nigeria needs to put in place the compulsory teaching of its major languages in schools, from primary through universities, to ensure multilingualism, cross-cultural understanding, and to build a strong socio-cultural capital that unifies.

“The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) was a very good idea: it allowed graduates from tertiary institutions to have one year of national service, largely (ideally) outside of their places of origin.

“The real test, however, of “national service” is that it often revealed the lack of diversity. After one year of service the NYSC graduates are often not able to gain employment in governments where they served, simply because they are not indigenes of those states. That in itself, is an irony!

“The young graduates are strangers in their own country. A country they pledged to serve. Opportunity is denied just because they were not born in those states! Even if they were born in those states, they are told to return to the states of their origin.
Yet, their origin is Nigeria, not their states!

“In Nigeria, regardless of how long you have resided in any place, you cannot run for political offices in those states or locations, just because you were not born there. State governments, therefore, largely reflect nativism not residency, which further sends a message to non-indigenes that they do not belong.
“Over time, this has created greater insularism, splintering, a lack of inclusiveness, the promotion of ethnic and religious chauvinism, instead of promoting national cohesion, trust and inclusiveness. This needs to change.

“Governments must be open to representation based on nationality not on ethnicity, to build a society of mutual trust, where diversity is well managed,” he added.

He said the COVID-19 pandemic has further revealed the weaknesses of Nigeria’s health care systems. He stated that from diagnostic and testing centers, access to vaccines, and hospital infrastructure, the health care systems were overwhelmed.

“I commend the spirited efforts of the federal and state governments, and the private sector, in mobilizing resources to tackle the pandemic.

“The African Development Bank provided $288.5 million to support the efforts of the Nigerian government in responding to the pandemic.

“But we must go further. Nigeria must manufacture vaccines locally,” he said.

Adesina said the AfDB was working on a $500 million program, Digital Nigeria, designed to transform Nigeria’s digital competitiveness and build on the incredible entrepreneurship of Nigeria’s youth.

He said the bank was also exploring the establishment of youth entrepreneurship investment banks-financial institutions for young people run by first-rate young bankers and financial experts to drive youth wealth creation.

“The young shoots are springing up in Nigeria. Today, Lagos has its own Silicon Valley. Yabacon Valley has emerged as one of the leading tech hubs in Africa with between 400 and 700 active start-ups worth over $2 billion, second only to Cape Town,” he said.

https://www.reubenabati.com.ng/index.php/component/k2/item/32712-address-reasons-behind-seccessionist-agitations-adesina-tells-fg/post
Re: Address Reasons Behind Seccessionist Agitations - Adesina Tells FG by SLAP44: 9:04am On Jul 11, 2021
Why should we do that?

Let's first arrest, torture and execute every secessionist agitators without following the constitution, by the time we go full circle and there's nobody remaining to challenge the excesses of government, then we can now sit down and negotiate.

This is Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: Address Reasons Behind Seccessionist Agitations - Adesina Tells FG by Lawlab2: 9:07am On Jul 11, 2021
Ok
Re: Address Reasons Behind Seccessionist Agitations - Adesina Tells FG by FoolaniHellman: 9:08am On Jul 11, 2021
Ok
Re: Address Reasons Behind Seccessionist Agitations - Adesina Tells FG by Seniorwriter(m): 9:09am On Jul 11, 2021
It's no brainer...
Nigeria's past & present leaders are pure incompetent and insensitive...this present ones are worse off.
They use all manner of power entrusted by the electorates to oppress same electorates (Citizens).

We need young visionary leaders ...these ones are busy looting and borrowing to their satisfaction.

BTW @OP try add pics to your post for FP consideration..
cc.
@SeunOsewa
@Moderators
FrontPage material.

@Seniorwriter
Re: Address Reasons Behind Seccessionist Agitations - Adesina Tells FG by PlayMaker14: 9:10am On Jul 11, 2021
The only man from the South West good enough as a president is Dr. Akinwumi Adesina....

Bobo Chicago and Osibande are just fooling themselves.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Address Reasons Behind Seccessionist Agitations - Adesina Tells FG by Simplyleo: 9:11am On Jul 11, 2021
Reason is very clear.

Buhari defeated Goodluck Jonathan in 2015
He also defeated Athifku in 2019

That is why ipob pigs started following lamidi cownu drinking his urine up and down busy screaming biafla or death.

Immediately after 2019 elections results were announced, some imbeciles started recording how they refuse to give alms to beggars and posting the videos online because of Buhari. Nobody gave a flying fvck, las las, the default setting of biafla or death took precedence. cheesy
Re: Address Reasons Behind Seccessionist Agitations - Adesina Tells FG by Jostoman: 9:19am On Jul 11, 2021
Unfortunately for our president he always like to solve every problem with force which is not always the best for the country.
Re: Address Reasons Behind Seccessionist Agitations - Adesina Tells FG by KILLTHECOWS(f): 9:23am On Jul 11, 2021
From now till 2023,every state will have their seccesion group if the injustice is not addressed.....
The mugu above me is still dwelling in 2015 and 2019...

5 Likes

Re: Address Reasons Behind Seccessionist Agitations - Adesina Tells FG by Asgard73: 9:24am On Jul 11, 2021
Simplyleo:
Reason is very clear.

That is why ipob pigs started following lamidi cownu drinking his urine up and down busy screaming biafla or death.

Immediately after 2019 elections results were announced, some imbeciles started recording how they refuse to give alms to beggars and posting the videos online because of Buhari. Nobody gave a flying fvck, las las, the default setting of biafla or death took precedence. cheesy

Is this human or a programmed robot..

Which ever one ... it need to be reprogram and reboot. It’s outdated.

Buhari don’t care about nothing.. except for his tribesmen and his religion.

If you don’t fall in this group.. you will never make sense to the President or presidency.

Ask Osibanjo if you doubt

10 Likes

Re: Address Reasons Behind Seccessionist Agitations - Adesina Tells FG by iwaeda: 9:24am On Jul 11, 2021
Simplyleo:
Reason is very clear.

Is Adesina ipob?

6 Likes

Re: Address Reasons Behind Seccessionist Agitations - Adesina Tells FG by Shetemi12(m): 9:28am On Jul 11, 2021
Sometimes we should not give some people the attention they crave for
Re: Address Reasons Behind Seccessionist Agitations - Adesina Tells FG by Asgard73: 9:29am On Jul 11, 2021
iwaeda:

Is Adesina ipob?

Reason why I said the robot need maintenance..
and if it’s human.. they might consider rehab.

This days of technology.. and science.. in a faceless forum.. anything is possible

4 Likes

Re: Address Reasons Behind Seccessionist Agitations - Adesina Tells FG by November1857(m): 9:35am On Jul 11, 2021
Simplyleo:
[s]Reason is very clear.

Immediately after 2019 elections results were announced, some imbeciles started recording how they refuse to give alms to beggars and posting the videos online because of Buhari. Nobody gave a flying fvck, las las, the default setting of biafla or death took precedence. [/s] cheesy
Lool!

This is lowest IQ in Nairaland as we speak !

Brainwashed stunts...

8 Likes

Re: Address Reasons Behind Seccessionist Agitations - Adesina Tells FG by mightyhaze: 9:37am On Jul 11, 2021
Simplyleo:
Reason is very clear.

The pain those videos caused you and ilk is better imagined. I can imagine it will last several generations. Even though I was against the videos,but you can't be helpless in life and still put cogs in the wheels of development by voting in calamities..

8 Likes

Re: Address Reasons Behind Seccessionist Agitations - Adesina Tells FG by Simplyleo: 9:42am On Jul 11, 2021
mightyhaze:
The pain those videos caused you and ilk is better imagined. I can imagine it will last several generations. Even though I was against the videos,but you can't be helpless in life and still put cogs in the wheels of development by voting in calamities..
Lmao.

An average ipob will quickly tell you that you are pained, but I will just be imagining, how where when. As in, I don't understand. cheesy

Imagine, one of them said I'm in pain because monkey lamidi cownu is in a cage in the zoo.

Keep deceiving yourselves you hear?
Re: Address Reasons Behind Seccessionist Agitations - Adesina Tells FG by Asgard73: 10:02am On Jul 11, 2021
Buhari government and it’s policies, actions, words and so called integrity is reason for all.

Na why dem call am dullard..

1 Like

Re: Address Reasons Behind Seccessionist Agitations - Adesina Tells FG by stonemasonn: 10:04am On Jul 11, 2021
Simplyleo:
Reason is very clear.

SMH

1 Like

Re: Address Reasons Behind Seccessionist Agitations - Adesina Tells FG by SweetiliciousD: 10:14am On Jul 11, 2021
Simplyleo:
Reason is very clear.

Taaaaaaa

Parochialism keeeeee you there.

Secessional agitations are older than BUBU kangaroo election(s).

You are part of the problem.

1 Like

Re: Address Reasons Behind Seccessionist Agitations - Adesina Tells FG by NaMe4: 10:15am On Jul 11, 2021
Mr Akinwunmi Adesina, one of the best potential presidential candidates we hope to have.

1 Like

Re: Address Reasons Behind Seccessionist Agitations - Adesina Tells FG by mightyhaze: 11:46am On Jul 11, 2021
Simplyleo:

Lmao.

An average ipob will quickly tell you that you are pained, but I will just be imagining, how where when. As in, I don't understand. cheesy

Imagine, one of them said I'm in pain because monkey lamidi cownu is in a cage in the zoo.

You are not just pained dum,you are panicky,fidgety and always staring over your shoulders at your eternal nightmares,the Igbos. Whereas these people see you and your fellow herds as less than a joke. How many Igbos do you see seated permanently on other people's thread,ready to squawk at the drop of a hat?

None..

Why?

They are busy advancing themselves and their race to your eternal bewilderment and jealousy.. forget the jamboree circus currently going on in the sheethole..

But don't let me discourage a circus jester. We love your inputs here. Fools are good for any gatherings,just let him not be my relative.. - Igbo proverb

2 Likes

Re: Address Reasons Behind Seccessionist Agitations - Adesina Tells FG by flamingREED(m): 11:48am On Jul 11, 2021
They that always say the truth are the greatest of men if they can say it wisely and out of palpable love.
Re: Address Reasons Behind Seccessionist Agitations - Adesina Tells FG by OBUKSBAYELSA: 11:52am On Jul 11, 2021
Buhari won't listen. Buhari has a Conquerors Mentality and that coupled with his Messianic fervour will make it difficult for him to meet any person he considers an enemy.
Am not a fan of IPOB or Nnamdi Kanu but to solve the problem you must discuss with them, it is this part that differentiate Yar'Adua from Buhari, I remember Yar'Adua had to send for Asari Dokubo to discuss issues concerning Niger-Delta but for Buhari I doubt if he will ever come down from his high horse. I wish him and APC well. They destroyed Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Address Reasons Behind Seccessionist Agitations - Adesina Tells FG by Ruggedniggaone: 12:21pm On Jul 11, 2021
This guy really makes sense,this is the kind of people that deserved to be in aso rock if Nigeria really want to progress

1 Like

Re: Address Reasons Behind Seccessionist Agitations - Adesina Tells FG by IGBOSON1: 1:03pm On Jul 11, 2021
OBUKSBAYELSA:
Buhari won't listen. Buhari has a Conquerors Mentality and that coupled with his Messianic fervour will make it difficult for him to meet any person he considers an enemy.
Am not a fan of IPOB or Nnamdi Kanu but to solve the problem you must discuss with them, it is this part that differentiate Yar'Adua from Buhari, I remember Yar'Adua had to send for Asari Dokubo to discuss issues concerning Niger-Delta but for Buhari I doubt if he will ever come down from his high horse. I wish him and APC well. They destroyed Nigeria.

Buhari and his evil gang were not favourably disposed to the ‘nyamurees’ to begin with! So Mazi Kanu coming on the scene to serve it hot to them just left them seething with even more rage, hatred and bile for Igbos, Biafra, IPOB and the idea of referendum! Buhari is a vindictive cow, and he’s determined to get his pound of flesh come hell or high water.....even if it means Nigeria disintegrating! shocked He ain’t no Yar’Adua that’s for sure! smiley
Re: Address Reasons Behind Seccessionist Agitations - Adesina Tells FG by Danzakidakura(m): 1:24pm On Jul 11, 2021
SLAP44:
Why should we do that?

Let's first arrest, torture and execute every secessionist agitators without following the constitution, by the time we go full circle and there's nobody remaining to challenge the excesses of government, then we can now sit down and negotiate.

This is Nigeria.
tell me more.
Re: Address Reasons Behind Seccessionist Agitations - Adesina Tells FG by iwaeda: 1:48pm On Jul 11, 2021
Lalasticlala.
Re: Address Reasons Behind Seccessionist Agitations - Adesina Tells FG by Racoon(m): 2:27pm On Jul 11, 2021
A nation, unified by a sense of common wealth, not a collage of ethnic nationalism. A nation driven my meritocracy, not ethnocracy, religiocracy or aristocracy.
Re: Address Reasons Behind Seccessionist Agitations - Adesina Tells FG by Racoon(m): 2:27pm On Jul 11, 2021
[s]
Simplyleo:
Reason is very clear.Buhari defeated Goodluck Jonathan in 2015.He also defeated Athifku in 2019.

Immediately after 2019 elections results were announced, some imbeciles started recording how they refuse to give alms to beggars and posting the videos online because of Buhari. Nobody gave a flying fvck, las las, the default setting of biafla or death took precedence..
[/s]Stop polluting the cyberspace

1 Like

Re: Address Reasons Behind Seccessionist Agitations - Adesina Tells FG by Realtalk20: 2:41pm On Jul 11, 2021
Simplyleo:

Lmao.

People just skip your comments dude !

You talk way too much for a man

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why The Incaceration Of MNK May Push ESN Into A More Deadly Phase Of Operations / Sex Dolls Or Mannequin. / Buhari Supporters Stranded Following Facebook Shutdown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.