Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,519 members, 7,958,573 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 05:41 PM

High Rate Of Death Among Youths, What Is The Cause? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / High Rate Of Death Among Youths, What Is The Cause? (2247 Views)

SIZA Foundation Unveiled, Launches Book On Fight Against Drug Among Youths / Akwa Ibom Blames High Rate Of HIV/AIDS On Influx Of Visitors / Help! Dark Layers/spots On My Skin. What's The Cause / Cure ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: High Rate Of Death Among Youths, What Is The Cause? by LienwaltAbel(m): 5:02am On Jul 14, 2021
mysticgal:

I was so angry with my dad last week for self prescription. Thank God I’m not the only one experiencing this.
gringrin but honestly, Nigerian men dey vex person, they won't allow their wives to work and get money but take good care of themselves; no, stay away from suspicious drugs; no, when they die they leave their family with peanuts. Chai. I honestly wish I was not an African.
Re: High Rate Of Death Among Youths, What Is The Cause? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jul 14, 2021
Karleb:

Most natural foods, especially plant based, contain antioxidants.

Try going for unprocessed food and drinks. You definitely can't do completely without them but you can greatly reduce your dependence them.

Limit/reduce your use of seasoning, even salt. A doctor once said, if you can taste salt in your food then it's too much.

A good alternative to Maggi is locust beans. You can dry it and grind it to powder form. Some people claim it tastes better than Maggi.

Away from antioxidants and free radicals.

Fish is nutritional than meat. White meat (Snail, Chicken, Turkey...) is more nutritional than red meat (cow meat, goat meat...)

Wow. Thank you bro. I'll start with the white over red meat immediately.
Re: High Rate Of Death Among Youths, What Is The Cause? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jul 14, 2021
1F30M4:

Okay, there are a whole lot of them basically comprising of fruits and vegetables.. Top on my list is tomatoes, bad e bad even if na 4 for 200naira.. Following up close is fresh organic peppers.. Next is garlic, I do not joke with this at all.. Then, spinach for my sauces/soups.. Carrots & grapes for snack lol.. I love my onions as well, na why e pain me dah time wey e dey scarce.. Apples, once in a while.. I love avocados so much, doubles as my spread for bread sooo yeah there are a lot more of them, you could look them up on Google.. Hope this helps.
Tomatoes is my favourite vegetable for cooking. I hope you are not advocating that it should be consumed raw? cool
Re: High Rate Of Death Among Youths, What Is The Cause? by 1F30M4(f): 1:40pm On Jul 14, 2021
SageX1444:
Tomatoes is my favourite vegetable for cooking. I hope you are not advocating that it should be consumed raw? cool

Lmaoo grin grin well, it's best eaten raw but then it's still okay if you prefer it cooked.. Just don't let them get overcooked is all smiley

1 Like

Re: High Rate Of Death Among Youths, What Is The Cause? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jul 14, 2021
1F30M4:

Lmaoo grin grin well, it's best eaten raw but then it's still okay if you prefer it cooked.. Just don't let them get overcooked is all smiley
lol. Okay. But that's me preparing laxative ooo.
Re: High Rate Of Death Among Youths, What Is The Cause? by 1F30M4(f): 1:53pm On Jul 14, 2021
SageX1444:
lol. Okay. But that's me preparing laxative ooo.

Hahahaha no not at all grin okay here's the trick, cook them til the tangy taste is off.. Ehen soo you picked just tomatoes out of all the others, if I say garlic now, I know sey you go run four-forty LMAO cheesy grin
Re: High Rate Of Death Among Youths, What Is The Cause? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jul 14, 2021
1F30M4:

Hahahaha no not at all grin okay here's the trick, cook them til the tangy taste is off.. Ehen soo you picked just tomatoes out of all the others, if I say garlic now, I know sey you go run four-forty LMAO cheesy grin
I haven't tasted garlic for over 10 years now. Weird isn't it. But where I'm from, we have this pre-registered notion that Garlic is meant for the Indians. undecided
Re: High Rate Of Death Among Youths, What Is The Cause? by 1F30M4(f): 3:07pm On Jul 14, 2021
SageX1444:
I haven't tasted garlic for over 10 years now. Weird isn't it. But where I'm from, we have this pre-registered notion that Garlic is meant for the Indians. undecided

10yrs, whoops that's a decade.. Hmm I think it was around same time I got to know a lil bit more about garlic, now I'm stuck lol.. Yeah, Indians love garlic alot.
Re: High Rate Of Death Among Youths, What Is The Cause? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jul 14, 2021
1F30M4:

10yrs, whoops that's a decade.. Hmm I think it was around same time I got to know a lil bit more about garlic, now I'm stuck lol.. Yeah, Indians love garlic alot.
we have it planted in our "frontage" as design flower but we don't harvest them.
Re: High Rate Of Death Among Youths, What Is The Cause? by 1F30M4(f): 3:35pm On Jul 14, 2021
SageX1444:
we have it planted in our "frontage" as design flower but we don't harvest them.

Oh how I envy you.. Most times I buy lots and lots of them(alwayss panic-buying) just so I don't run out of them lol.. Apart from cooking with them, I chew them(I can imagine you scrunching up your face lol that smell it gives off haha ikr) esp when my throat gets itchy, sore, coarse voice & I'm literally gonna lose my voice in like few hours, the horror! Sorethroat arghhh I hate it sooo much but with my garlic very handy, the battle is won lmao grin cheesy
Re: High Rate Of Death Among Youths, What Is The Cause? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jul 14, 2021
1F30M4:

Oh how I envy you.. Most times I buy lots and lots of them(alwayss panic-buying) just so I don't run out of them lol
Maybe one day, I'll have to try one of your meals prepared with Garlic. But distance and hardship barrier. grin

1 Like

Re: High Rate Of Death Among Youths, What Is The Cause? by 1F30M4(f): 3:53pm On Jul 14, 2021
SageX1444:
Maybe one day, I'll have to try one of your meals prepared with Garlic. But distance and hardship barrier. grin

One day one day one day e go better e go better.. Lol don't mind me, I was just humming that Face-2-Face family drama song.. Sure, we'll see how that turns out cheesy

2 Likes

Re: High Rate Of Death Among Youths, What Is The Cause? by Karleb(m): 8:14pm On Jul 14, 2021
1F30M4:

Oh how I envy you.. Most times I buy lots and lots of them(alwayss panic-buying) just so I don't run out of them lol.. Apart from cooking with them, I chew them(I can imagine you scrunching up your face lol that smell it gives off haha ikr) esp when my throat gets itchy, sore, coarse voice & I'm literally gonna lose my voice in like few hours, the horror! Sorethroat arghhh I hate it sooo much but with my garlic very handy, the battle is won lmao grin cheesy

I hate garlic! If it is the only nutritional thing on earth, I'd still no take it. Not even as pill.

I like ginger though.
Re: High Rate Of Death Among Youths, What Is The Cause? by 1F30M4(f): 10:36pm On Jul 14, 2021
Karleb:

I hate garlic! If it is the only nutritional thing on earth, I'd still no take it. Not even as pill.

I like ginger though.

Hahaha youdonmeannit, one of nature's gift to mankind lol why do you hate it so much dear..

Well I like ginger too, just not as much as my garlic.. Ginger is great for tomato base, stews, hot ginger tea for the cold weather yhh.. Chewing it alone nah, gushhh it's so damn hot in my mouth that I'm sniffing, my eyes start to water ugh and all I'm trying to do is to get the juice as well as the crushed part to the back of my throat & then swallow.. I'd rather prefer chewing it with tomtom, some kinda balance there and then when I'm gulping my water afterwards, I'm loving how really cool it feels cool
Re: High Rate Of Death Among Youths, What Is The Cause? by stinjoe(m): 6:06am On Oct 27, 2021
It's well!

(1) (2) (Reply)

COVID-19 Update For January 30 2022 In Nigeria / Health Benefits Of Avocado Pear Leaves / How Can I Tell My Man That, After Making Luv To Me:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.