Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,843 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

These Naira Notes Will Soon Go Into Extinction - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / These Naira Notes Will Soon Go Into Extinction (5094 Views)

El-Rufai Says All Old Notes Will Remain Legal Tender In Kaduna / How Redesigned New Naira Notes Will Favour Peter Obi In 2023 By Charles Novia / Godwin Okafor: Naira Notes Will Be Out Of Circulation Soon (2) (3) (4)

These Naira Notes Will Soon Go Into Extinction by Muna4real(f): 5:41pm On Jul 11, 2021
They are just useless. They can't buy anything reasonable. Na the 5naira de pain me pass. Very useless note. Not even biscuits sef sad sad

Just like coins, they will soon go into extinction

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: These Naira Notes Will Soon Go Into Extinction by SLAP44: 5:42pm On Jul 11, 2021
Nigeria itself will go into extinction soon.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: These Naira Notes Will Soon Go Into Extinction by Officialgarri: 5:42pm On Jul 11, 2021
The problem started when larger denominations were introduced

I would wish to respond to the poster below if his argument was based on real reasoning as to why higher denominations are introduced and how it kills lower denominations, but, he is all about "Fulani and Useless country".
Whatever I say would not make any senses to him.

Re: These Naira Notes Will Soon Go Into Extinction by SLAP44: 5:44pm On Jul 11, 2021
Officialgarri:

Lies, the problem started when dunces started running the monetary policy.

Dunces who thinks the CBN exists only to give fulanis raw dollar at official rates while they sell to BDC at black market rates.

Re: These Naira Notes Will Soon Go Into Extinction by Maxymilliano(m): 5:44pm On Jul 11, 2021
Truly there was a country embarassed
Re: These Naira Notes Will Soon Go Into Extinction by jetwonder(m): 5:45pm On Jul 11, 2021
grin Useless Bank Note, No Value Sent Dem To Hell!

Re: These Naira Notes Will Soon Go Into Extinction by SLAP44: 5:46pm On Jul 11, 2021
jetwonder:
grin Useless Bank Note, No Value Sent Dem To Hell!

Useless country tongue grin

Re: These Naira Notes Will Soon Go Into Extinction by stupidmod3: 5:49pm On Jul 11, 2021
before Buhari other president were even trying to bring back coins

Re: These Naira Notes Will Soon Go Into Extinction by mightyhaze: 5:51pm On Jul 11, 2021
Even rubber plate waving kid beggars reject these pieces of trash

Add 50 naira to that list

The least denomination for spraying performers or celebrants now is 200#. Haven't seen 100 naira in a while. Giving rubber plate wielding grown beggars 100# now is like an insult.

Inshort Add the #100 note to that list of trash up there

Re: These Naira Notes Will Soon Go Into Extinction by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jul 11, 2021
Muna4real:
They are just useless. They can't buy anything reasonable. Na the 5naira de pain me pass. Very useless note. Not even biscuits sef sad sad

very soon

Re: These Naira Notes Will Soon Go Into Extinction by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jul 11, 2021
Officialgarri:

I would wish to respond to the poster below if his argument was based on real reasoning as to why higher denominations are introduced and how it kills lower denominations, but, he is all about "Fulani and Useless country".
Whatever I say would not make any senses to him.
SLAP44:

Lies, the problem started when dunces started running the monetary policy.

Dunces who thinks the CBN exists only to give fulanis raw dollar at official rates while they sell to BDC at black market rates.

No the problem started before independence

Nigeria's revenue is dependent on raw materials , and resources not on industrial products

And we don't set the prices of these materials

So our dollar revenue is never enough due to fluctuating prices of what we sell

Throw in the fact that we also are very import dependent too.

This impacts our forex and by extension the value of the naira

And also causes inflation hence the higher denomination notes .

As well as governemt efforts to control forex and control rates of exchange which led to the whole official and parallel rates things

Countries with strong currencies are industrial countries that export industrial goods. Not oil dependent jokes like Nigeria

Re: These Naira Notes Will Soon Go Into Extinction by StreetFight: 6:02pm On Jul 11, 2021
Yes, they will go into extinction with the dangerous breathing mannequin living inside the Rock

Re: These Naira Notes Will Soon Go Into Extinction by Officialgarri: 6:03pm On Jul 11, 2021
Beancounter93:

Nigeria's revenue is dependent on raw materials , and resources not on industrial products

As well as governemt efforts to control forex and control rates of exchange which led to the whole official and parallel rates things

Countries with strong currencies are industrial countries that export industrial goods. Not oil dependent jokes like Nigeria
No one will listen to you as long as your are not insulting Nigeria in it.

Re: These Naira Notes Will Soon Go Into Extinction by VaselineCrew: 6:10pm On Jul 11, 2021
Yeah, like if you gather 10 five naira notes, all you’d have is 50 naira, still not enough for a bottle of coca cola

We need to change this, but I know for a fact that these leaders we keep electing in Nigeria can’t inspire such change.

I think we should make all presidential candidates write exams for elections, instead of being voted in, yeah it’s that bad. They could write exams on economics, leadership... then we screen for the best candidates. You might be shocked to find out those that get 10% or lower are the ones that win elections typically.

They come out frying a Akara and corn during elections, like that would have any bearing on our currency and the well-being of the country.

OP this is sad indeed. I’m just thinking like if I had 5 dollars, I could get a meal both in America and in Nigeria, but with 5 naira here, it feels like you don’t have any money.

May the almighty God help us and strengthen our wills to make good choices, Amen!

Re: These Naira Notes Will Soon Go Into Extinction by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jul 11, 2021
Officialgarri:

No one will listen to you as long as your are not insulting Nigeria in it.

I am crticising the governemt.

The thing is one can do it in a civil way
Re: These Naira Notes Will Soon Go Into Extinction by VaselineCrew: 6:17pm On Jul 11, 2021
Beancounter93:

How can you say that a natural resource is the cause of the problem?

Of course in the sense of rivalry and human greed and wickedness, then yeah, a gift could become a curse I guess.

However, we should see natural resources mainly as gifts from God to be managed by those with the fear of God or great managers.

There are templates already out there showing how natural resources can be properly utilized, like was done in Dubai for instance.

Do you remember a time when Nigerias government claimed we had too much money and didn’t know what to do with it?

Now imagine we had leaders with the foresight to build, build build, turning Nigeria into a Waknda of sorts, with railways, international airlines and turning the country into the biggest black tourist nation EVER. However, we know how greed caused us to go from coup to coup to corrupt democrats.

Africa is truly blessed with a bounty of resources, but it seems our minds are shackled. May God free us and break the chains in our lives, which hold us back!
Re: These Naira Notes Will Soon Go Into Extinction by UncleHaba22: 6:27pm On Jul 11, 2021
Even 100 sef na extinction

To get something to eat with hundred na doing the undoable

The country sef don first the notes go extinction cool
Re: These Naira Notes Will Soon Go Into Extinction by ThatFairGuy1: 6:34pm On Jul 11, 2021
What's expected of a Nation with Higher import and very fewer export
Re: These Naira Notes Will Soon Go Into Extinction by omowolewa: 6:37pm On Jul 11, 2021
Already endangered
Re: These Naira Notes Will Soon Go Into Extinction by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jul 11, 2021
VaselineCrew:

How can you say that a natural resource is the cause of the problem?

Of course in the sense of rivalry and human greed and wickedness, then yeah, a gift could become a curse I guess.

However, we should see natural resources mainly as gifts from God to be managed by those with the fear of God or great managers.

There are templates already out there showing how natural resources can be properly utilized, like was done in Dubai for instance.

Do you remember a time when Nigerias government claimed we had too much money and didn’t know what to do with it?

Now imagine we had leaders with the foresight to build, build build, turning Nigeria into a Waknda of sorts, with railways, international airlines and turning the country into the biggest black tourist nation EVER. However, we know how greed caused us to go from coup to coup to corrupt democrats.

Africa is truly blessed with a bounty of resources, but it seems our minds are shackled. May God free us and break the chains in our lives, which hold us back!

There is nothing wrong with natural resources per se.

However, the problem is the revenue we earn from selling these natural resources is far less than what we would have earned if we had processed the same natural resources into industrial products for the home and international market.

That's my point.

Re: These Naira Notes Will Soon Go Into Extinction by PAWG(m): 6:54pm On Jul 11, 2021
I held all of them today grin
Re: These Naira Notes Will Soon Go Into Extinction by techWriter2: 7:08pm On Jul 11, 2021
Nigeria itself will go into extirpation soon
Re: These Naira Notes Will Soon Go Into Extinction by CodeTemplar: 7:27pm On Jul 11, 2021
It is allmpart of economics. A time comes the cost of printing certain notes comes so close to their value that it will make sense to scrap them and introduce #2000 and #5000 notes. If that is not done, we risk a entering a situation where a basket of N5 notes won't be able to buy the empty basket.

Re: These Naira Notes Will Soon Go Into Extinction by illicit(m): 7:29pm On Jul 11, 2021
Yeah right
Re: These Naira Notes Will Soon Go Into Extinction by mytime24(f): 7:31pm On Jul 11, 2021
SLAP44:
A big AmeN
Re: These Naira Notes Will Soon Go Into Extinction by Mastakija(m): 8:02pm On Jul 11, 2021
Remove 10 and 20 abeg
I gave my niece 10 jokingly thinking she will not collect it
Omo she collected it and came back eating one tiny biscuit lyk dat

Re: These Naira Notes Will Soon Go Into Extinction by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jul 11, 2021
SLAP44:

Useless country tongue grin
.. Just like it's Citizens cool
Re: These Naira Notes Will Soon Go Into Extinction by Tinubuadvocate: 8:07pm On Jul 11, 2021
SLAP44:
Re: These Naira Notes Will Soon Go Into Extinction by sisisioge: 9:02pm On Jul 11, 2021
Muna4real:

Lol at us...hope you know we still officially have coins grin

Nigeria Serviced Debt With ₦1.47 Trillion In First Half 2021 – DMO / . / Biafran People Launch New Radio Station, Details