Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,785 members, 7,810,046 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:19 PM

Bandex: Kaduna Declares July 12 Work-Free As Buhari, El-Rufai, Ibrahim Mourn - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bandex: Kaduna Declares July 12 Work-Free As Buhari, El-Rufai, Ibrahim Mourn (29374 Views)

No Condolence Message From Buhari, El-Rufai 5 Days After Mailafia's Death / Aisha Buhari, El-Rufai Display 4+4 Symbol At Kogi APC Rally (Photos) / Kaduna Declares Curfew Over Communal Clash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bandex: Kaduna Declares July 12 Work-Free As Buhari, El-Rufai, Ibrahim Mourn by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jul 11, 2021
https://www.nairaland.com/6645499/bala-bantex-former-kaduna-deputy

KADUNA UPDATE: KDSG declares 12th July work-free day for late Bantex

The Kaduna State Government has formally announced the death of former Deputy Governor His Excellency, Barnabas Yusuf Bala (Bantex). The state government has declared Monday, 12th July 2021 as a work-free day in honour of his memory and service to the state.

Architect Barnabas Bala, who served as Deputy Governor of Kaduna State from May 2015 to May 2019, died today in Abuja.

Malam Nasir El-Rufai has sent a personal message of condolence to the family, noting that it was a blessing to know Bantex and to work with him. The governor acknowledged his commitment to the progress of Kaduna State and prayed God to grant him peaceful repose and to comfort his family.

Muyiwa Adekeye
Special Adviser to the Governor (Media & Communication)
11th July 2021

PRESIDENT BUHARI MOURNS BARNABAS BALA, FORMER DEPUTY GOVERNOR OF KADUNA STATE

President Muhammadu Buhari joins the government and people of Kaduna State to mourn the passing of Architect Barnabas Yusuf Bala (Bantex), a former Deputy Governor of the State during the first tenure of Governor Nasir Ahmed El-Rufai.

President Buhari believes that Architect Bantex, a true gentleman and consummate professional, will be fondly remembered for his many years of distinguished service in his home State, his patriotism to the nation as well as forthrightness in politics.

The President also affirms that the former Deputy Governor, who served as chairman of Kaura Local Government Council and member representing Kaura Federal Constituency in the House of Representatives, was a potent voice on peace, stability and progress at the State and National level.

The President extends his deepest condolences to the family of Bala, his friends, associates and many followers, who benefited immensely from his responsible stewardship as a public servant and political office holder.

President Buhari prays God almighty to grant the departed eternal rest and comfort those who mourn the irreparable loss.

Garba Shehu
Senior Special Assistant to the President
(Media & Publicity)
July 11, 2021

It’s a VERY SAD DAY:

In Bantex, I have lost a dear friend and partner in the service of Kaduna State

In the midst of trying times, I have received with utter sadness news of the departure of my friend and brother, His Excellency Barnabas Yusuf Bala (Bantex).

From our days as undergraduates in the 1970s to our practice as professional colleagues in the construction industry and eventually partners in a governance project, Bantex was consistently a dependable man of brilliance and imagination. He believed in the potential of our state and in the capacity of our people to work together for progressive attainments.

Together, we took on the task of providing new leadership for Kaduna State in 2015. He brought to his duties as Deputy Governor during our first term his unique insights as a politician with experience in navigating the diversity of our state. Bantex radiated hope and optimism in the future of our state, even when the circumstances were dreary.

Bantex had served the people of Kaduna State in several capacities prior to becoming Deputy Governor. As a delegate to the 1994 Constitutional Conference, chairman of Kaura Local Government Council and member for Kaura Federal Constituency in the House of Representatives, he was a sterling symbol of representative democracy.

We would miss his brilliance and his commitment to Kaduna State, his easygoing manners, his sense of humour and steadfastness to his convictions.

I have spoken to his family and conveyed our condolence on behalf of the government and people of Kaduna State. We shall work closely with his family to grant a befitting farewell to a man who gave so much to this state even when hobbled by ill-health.

We have been blessed to know Bantex and to work with him. We pray God to grant him peaceful repose and to comfort his wife, children and the entire family in this moment of grief and loss.

Nasir Ahmad El-Rufai
Governor of Kaduna State
11th July 2021

Bantex: We Have Lost An Astute Politician, Bridge Builder - Kaduna Speaker

The Speaker of the Kaduna State House of Assembly, has described the death of the immediate past Deputy Governor of Kaduna State, Arc. Bala Bantex as sad.

In a statement signed by his SA Media and Publicity Ibrahim Dahiru Danfulanii, Zailani said that an astute politician, peace maker and bridge builder has been lost.

"Not only Kaduna State, but Nigeria has lost an astute politician, a statesman and a loyal member of our great party, the All Progressives Congress (APC)," he said.

The Speaker condoled the Government and people of Kaduna State, his immediate family, friends and associates over the loss.

He also condoled the people of Southern Kaduna and Kaura Local Government where he hails from and gained political relevance while serving as local council chairman.

He prayed for God Almighty to grant him eternal rest.

"May his gentle soul rest in peace," he prayed.

Bantex was aged 64.

Ibrahim Dahiru Danfulani
Special Adviser to the Kaduna State Speaker
(Media and Publicity)
11th July, 2021

Re: Bandex: Kaduna Declares July 12 Work-Free As Buhari, El-Rufai, Ibrahim Mourn by heniford2: 6:56pm On Jul 11, 2021
Old man die the wan come declare public holiday for person wia no achieve anything no hospital no good road no company nothing nothing to celebrate his achievement even his local government lack basics amenities I pity North the should bury that man with mat oh

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bandex: Kaduna Declares July 12 Work-Free As Buhari, El-Rufai, Ibrahim Mourn by Ruggedniggaone: 7:01pm On Jul 11, 2021
Ode going, you didnt declare ordinary prayer for the thousand of students inside the Bush with kidnappers but you can declare holiday for one of your fellow looters. el rufai a big shame on you

35 Likes

Re: Bandex: Kaduna Declares July 12 Work-Free As Buhari, El-Rufai, Ibrahim Mourn by Olarewaju89: 7:11pm On Jul 11, 2021
undecided

I wont say what is in my mind for now

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bandex: Kaduna Declares July 12 Work-Free As Buhari, El-Rufai, Ibrahim Mourn by oluseyiforjesus(m): 7:11pm On Jul 11, 2021
Did u say dey mourn?
That's a big lie........
Re: Bandex: Kaduna Declares July 12 Work-Free As Buhari, El-Rufai, Ibrahim Mourn by ChiefSosa(m): 7:12pm On Jul 11, 2021
Baby ma pariwo, ma pariwo
I don't want your new neighbours to know my name
Ma pariwo oh-ohh
K'oye ko pariwo

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bandex: Kaduna Declares July 12 Work-Free As Buhari, El-Rufai, Ibrahim Mourn by Cassandrax: 7:12pm On Jul 11, 2021
Re: Bandex: Kaduna Declares July 12 Work-Free As Buhari, El-Rufai, Ibrahim Mourn by millionboi(m): 7:12pm On Jul 11, 2021
Goats
Re: Bandex: Kaduna Declares July 12 Work-Free As Buhari, El-Rufai, Ibrahim Mourn by glowingflame7: 7:12pm On Jul 11, 2021
Sounds like bandit. How do you declare work free day in a whole state at random. No plan, no work?

7 Likes

Re: Bandex: Kaduna Declares July 12 Work-Free As Buhari, El-Rufai, Ibrahim Mourn by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:12pm On Jul 11, 2021
May the soul of the departed Rest in Perfect Peace

As for the work-free day.

Na dem Kaduna People sabi dat one.

Odiegwu! sad

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bandex: Kaduna Declares July 12 Work-Free As Buhari, El-Rufai, Ibrahim Mourn by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jul 11, 2021
Claiming to mourn Bantex, yet collaborating with herdsmen and bandits to oppress the man's people in southern Kaduna. Good old Hell Rufai hypocrisy at its finest

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bandex: Kaduna Declares July 12 Work-Free As Buhari, El-Rufai, Ibrahim Mourn by TCD: 7:13pm On Jul 11, 2021
Why him name come be like Bandit.

RIP Oga sir
Re: Bandex: Kaduna Declares July 12 Work-Free As Buhari, El-Rufai, Ibrahim Mourn by Antoeni(m): 7:13pm On Jul 11, 2021
El rufai Wetin happen
Re: Bandex: Kaduna Declares July 12 Work-Free As Buhari, El-Rufai, Ibrahim Mourn by Feggie3: 7:13pm On Jul 11, 2021

3 Likes

Re: Bandex: Kaduna Declares July 12 Work-Free As Buhari, El-Rufai, Ibrahim Mourn by pepetua(m): 7:13pm On Jul 11, 2021
Okay, tomorrow I no fit go market go hustle because on Tuesday I will go to government house go collect mourning allowance ,
Ahhh, they said it is only for the civil servants, okay,meaning we no dey inclusion, chikina, I don waka.
Re: Bandex: Kaduna Declares July 12 Work-Free As Buhari, El-Rufai, Ibrahim Mourn by Queenserah26(f): 7:14pm On Jul 11, 2021
Rest in peace Bandex
Re: Bandex: Kaduna Declares July 12 Work-Free As Buhari, El-Rufai, Ibrahim Mourn by Rilley(m): 7:14pm On Jul 11, 2021
Ok
Re: Bandex: Kaduna Declares July 12 Work-Free As Buhari, El-Rufai, Ibrahim Mourn by Sultty(m): 7:14pm On Jul 11, 2021
rip to him. could be caused by an underlying health condition
he's still better than Buhari who runs to UK, common cold he don take off
Re: Bandex: Kaduna Declares July 12 Work-Free As Buhari, El-Rufai, Ibrahim Mourn by kiltoko1(m): 7:15pm On Jul 11, 2021
E don reach like that?..
Re: Bandex: Kaduna Declares July 12 Work-Free As Buhari, El-Rufai, Ibrahim Mourn by Tonytonex(m): 7:15pm On Jul 11, 2021
OP, it's Bantex not Bandex .
Re: Bandex: Kaduna Declares July 12 Work-Free As Buhari, El-Rufai, Ibrahim Mourn by aalejobss: 7:16pm On Jul 11, 2021
shocked
Re: Bandex: Kaduna Declares July 12 Work-Free As Buhari, El-Rufai, Ibrahim Mourn by McOluOmo: 7:18pm On Jul 11, 2021
cry
Rest in perfect peace
cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bandex: Kaduna Declares July 12 Work-Free As Buhari, El-Rufai, Ibrahim Mourn by dmbb: 7:18pm On Jul 11, 2021
May his soul rest in peace,that's why I like Elrufai, he is a man that loves the people of Kaduna state so much but the problem is that PDP and some enemies of state are hellbent in painting him with a bad name that they have no prove just because of their selfish interest
Re: Bandex: Kaduna Declares July 12 Work-Free As Buhari, El-Rufai, Ibrahim Mourn by phemmyfour: 7:19pm On Jul 11, 2021
ChiefSosa:
Baby ma pariwo, ma pariwo
Ma pariwo oh-ohh
K'oye ko pariwo
lalale Friday
Temi o ba sun ilé o
Say I dey with my kele oo
Fun mi lori bi gele
Re: Bandex: Kaduna Declares July 12 Work-Free As Buhari, El-Rufai, Ibrahim Mourn by computer0810(m): 7:20pm On Jul 11, 2021
All dis unproductive states always dishing out holiday anyhw
Re: Bandex: Kaduna Declares July 12 Work-Free As Buhari, El-Rufai, Ibrahim Mourn by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jul 11, 2021
Only for Kaduna? cry

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yaradua Wanted Ribadu To Marry His Daughter, Obasanjo Says / Thecable Apologises To Soyinka Over ‘Igbo’ Story / Dogara Urges Nigerians To Forgive Boko Haram Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.