Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,222 members, 7,815,276 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

COVID-19 Isolation Centres Filling Up Again, Cases Rising—Sanwo-Olu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / COVID-19 Isolation Centres Filling Up Again, Cases Rising—Sanwo-Olu (324 Views)

Diezani Allison-Madueke's House Used As COVID-19 Isolation Centre In Lagos / COVID-19: Dapo Abiodun Commissions 2 Isolation Centres / Osinbajo On Self-Isolation. Holds Video-Conference Call With Staff - The Sun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

COVID-19 Isolation Centres Filling Up Again, Cases Rising—Sanwo-Olu by TruthHurts1(m): 8:07am On Jul 12, 2021
COVID-19 Isolation Centres Filling Up Again, Cases Rising—Lagos Governor Raises Alarm

The Governor of Lagos State, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, has said the isolation centres in the state earmarked for the COVID-19 treatment are getting occupied again.

Sanwo-Olu, during a media briefing on Sunday, expressed concern over the increasing number of cases in the state and hinted that there is a potential third wave in Lagos.

According to him, the isolation centres have recorded a five per cent increase in occupancy in two weeks.

“From the beginning of July, we started to experience a steep increase in the number of daily confirmed cases, with the test positivity rate going from 1.1% at the end of June 2021 to its current rate of 6.6% as at 8th of July 2021.

“The rapid increase within a week gives great cause for concern. Also, within the last two weeks, the occupancy rate at our two isolation centres increased from an average of one per cent to six per cent,” Sanwo-Olu said.

This comes barely two days after the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) said it had detected a confirmed case with the SARS-CoV-2 Delta variant, also known as lineage B.1.617.2.

[url]http://saharareporters.com/2021/07/11/covid-19-isolation-centres-filling-again-cases-rising%E2%80%94lagos-governor-raises-alarm[/url]

Mynd44 Lalasticlala
Re: COVID-19 Isolation Centres Filling Up Again, Cases Rising—Sanwo-Olu by omowolewa: 8:10am On Jul 12, 2021
Humm!

We shall collectively defeat this stage too.
Re: COVID-19 Isolation Centres Filling Up Again, Cases Rising—Sanwo-Olu by StaffofOrayan(m): 8:17am On Jul 12, 2021
Oga just do what they have instructed you all to do and lockdown the country again, no need for the unnecessary lies
Re: COVID-19 Isolation Centres Filling Up Again, Cases Rising—Sanwo-Olu by Amaechi2023(m): 8:19am On Jul 12, 2021
why are medical practitioners so headless that they use people fear to exploit them.
who doesn't know at this stage that covid is pure scam?
Re: COVID-19 Isolation Centres Filling Up Again, Cases Rising—Sanwo-Olu by appishani1(m): 8:20am On Jul 12, 2021
Sonwo olu I thought you will fail, I swear I thought you will only come and finish Lagos.
But I am glad you proof me wrong, please continue your good work sir
Re: COVID-19 Isolation Centres Filling Up Again, Cases Rising—Sanwo-Olu by Nbotee(m): 8:24am On Jul 12, 2021
Amaechi2023:
why are medical practitioners so headless that they use people fear to exploit them.
who doesn't know at this stage that covid is pure scam?

Which is the scam? The existence of the virus in the country or the infection rates?
Re: COVID-19 Isolation Centres Filling Up Again, Cases Rising—Sanwo-Olu by ifytrik(m): 8:26am On Jul 12, 2021
BABA! Just say the money you people used covid19 to steal has finished and una wan cash out again, well as lon as una nogo enforce another lockdown on us, you guys can go ahead and cash out as you like.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19 Isolation Centres Filling Up Again, Cases Rising—Sanwo-Olu by Lanretoye(m): 9:03am On Jul 12, 2021
male i no talk anything.

(1) (Reply)

Why Can't Endsar Produce A Youth President / No Northerner will ever rule Nigeria Again / Nigeria Police Are Under Paid... What's Your Take On This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.