Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,784 members, 7,810,044 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:15 PM

#ZumaUnrest; Nigerian Car Dealership Burnt Down In J'oburg, South Africa - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / #ZumaUnrest; Nigerian Car Dealership Burnt Down In J'oburg, South Africa (2845 Views)

Man Who Pretends To Help Allegedly Steals Range Rover From Car Dealership During / Kidnapper, Okechukwu Uche's House Burnt Down In Imo / Legborsi Pyagbara Home Burnt Down As Cultists Invade Communities In Rivers State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#ZumaUnrest; Nigerian Car Dealership Burnt Down In J'oburg, South Africa by drmorphine(m): 10:08am On Jul 12, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3a58Ktrc08

A car dealership in Malvern, Johannesburg, has been dealt a blow after rioters torched its vehicles. News24 spoke with the two dealers who sell vehicles in Jules Street. The two, who asked to remain anonymous, said their garage was torched on Saturday night and 32 vehicles were destroyed. This after riots, which started in KwaZulu-Natal, reached Gauteng overnight in response to former president Jacob Zuma's imprisonment. News24 earlier reported riots erupted in the Johannesburg inner city.

Sections of the M2 highway were also closed after rioters blocked the road with burning tyres and rocks on Saturday night.

"Last night [Saturday night], I received a call from somebody. I saw a missed call - I called back and was told to quickly come to the garage. And as I arrived, all my cars [were] gone," one of the dealers said. "We don't know where to start from and what will happen. And these cars are for people who brought them to the dealership for us to sell for them. "They are going to be on our necks and we don't know… It's tough, the only thing is for us to go back to our country."

The two men, who are from Ghana, said the incident had left them confused and traumatised - more so because they were not insured.
[img][/img]

They have been in the business of selling cars for more than five years, adding they had not expected such an incident to happen.
The other dealer said: "We lost 32 cars - I am so [hurt]. It is really a shocking situation and we don't know where to start. There is nothing we can do now…" The two men added they were unable to clear the debris because the rioters were still in the area. They added it was difficult to estimate the amount of money they had lost, but the vehicles were priced from R90 000 (N3.6 Million) . One said the cars were badly burnt and would now need to be taken to a scrap yard. Riots in the city have also resulted in certain services being cut.

Source: https://www.news24.com/news24/southafrica/news/uninsured-car-dealership-dealt-a-blow-after-32-vehicles-torched-during-joburg-riots-20210711

Re: #ZumaUnrest; Nigerian Car Dealership Burnt Down In J'oburg, South Africa by Seniorwriter(m): 10:10am On Jul 12, 2021
South Africans are very much violent volatile!

@Seniorwriter

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #ZumaUnrest; Nigerian Car Dealership Burnt Down In J'oburg, South Africa by drmorphine(m): 10:11am On Jul 12, 2021
The news report is quite funny because it said the victims were from Ghana as shown in the bolded text, however the language (Yoruba) of the guy talking says otherwise. Perhaps, they were trying to make the guys anonymous or trying to do some silent cover-up to douse the recurrent xenophobic tensions between Nigeria and SA.
Re: #ZumaUnrest; Nigerian Car Dealership Burnt Down In J'oburg, South Africa by heniford2: 10:12am On Jul 12, 2021
TMK or waiting be his name you see are stupid south Africa are imagine
Re: #ZumaUnrest; Nigerian Car Dealership Burnt Down In J'oburg, South Africa by nairavsdollars(f): 10:13am On Jul 12, 2021
Are Nigerians the ones who detained Zuma Animals
Re: #ZumaUnrest; Nigerian Car Dealership Burnt Down In J'oburg, South Africa by Nobody: 10:17am On Jul 12, 2021
God restore peace to our land
Re: #ZumaUnrest; Nigerian Car Dealership Burnt Down In J'oburg, South Africa by Nobody: 10:23am On Jul 12, 2021
South Africans will blame Nigerians for their woes.

I am very sure if the white population in SA leaves today, the rest will devour themselves and turn that place into an arid desert before the year runs out.

3 Likes

Re: #ZumaUnrest; Nigerian Car Dealership Burnt Down In J'oburg, South Africa by Ruggedniggaone: 10:31am On Jul 12, 2021
Wetin concern Nigerian with Zuma arrest?this people just hate anything Nigeria with passion
Re: #ZumaUnrest; Nigerian Car Dealership Burnt Down In J'oburg, South Africa by EMMY76: 11:07am On Jul 12, 2021
This is the main reasons why black africa will never be developed like the west defending and fighting for corrupt leaders is never the right way to go.

2 Likes

Re: #ZumaUnrest; Nigerian Car Dealership Burnt Down In J'oburg, South Africa by fergie001: 12:16pm On Jul 12, 2021
Very bad.
Re: #ZumaUnrest; Nigerian Car Dealership Burnt Down In J'oburg, South Africa by Generalwoodz(m): 1:18pm On Jul 12, 2021
We built a statue of Zuma, gave him chieftaincy title and honoured him but just look how they pay us back

1 Like

Re: #ZumaUnrest; Nigerian Car Dealership Burnt Down In J'oburg, South Africa by Kingpin1000: 3:42pm On Jul 12, 2021
Are their no South African business in Nigeria?
But if we choose to do the right thing, na police go first kill their own citizens. Nigeria na scam
Re: #ZumaUnrest; Nigerian Car Dealership Burnt Down In J'oburg, South Africa by IvarDboneless: 4:07pm On Jul 12, 2021
And it surely will affect a Nigerian. This is bad
Re: #ZumaUnrest; Nigerian Car Dealership Burnt Down In J'oburg, South Africa by Npmedia(m): 4:15pm On Jul 12, 2021
Dat is very bad
Re: #ZumaUnrest; Nigerian Car Dealership Burnt Down In J'oburg, South Africa by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jul 12, 2021
I can't even imagine myself going to any African country for greener pasture.

2 Likes

Re: #ZumaUnrest; Nigerian Car Dealership Burnt Down In J'oburg, South Africa by Mayng01(m): 6:25pm On Jul 12, 2021
Southafricans are barbarians
Re: #ZumaUnrest; Nigerian Car Dealership Burnt Down In J'oburg, South Africa by selemempe: 9:20pm On Jul 12, 2021
According to IronGalaxy they are drug dealerships.

Tmksouth South Africans are miscreants
Re: #ZumaUnrest; Nigerian Car Dealership Burnt Down In J'oburg, South Africa by cybriz82(m): 10:32pm On Jul 12, 2021
South African problem big pass problems..
Re: #ZumaUnrest; Nigerian Car Dealership Burnt Down In J'oburg, South Africa by NobleSeed(m): 11:15pm On Jul 12, 2021
Buhari and south Africans don't no who is more confused How do detaining of Zuma abi na Zuma rock correlates with this inhuman treatment? Zuma has your interest at heart na him una still dey roam for streets, what a bumshit.
Re: #ZumaUnrest; Nigerian Car Dealership Burnt Down In J'oburg, South Africa by poshestmina(f): 3:35am On Jul 13, 2021
This South Africans are just bitter and lazy ugly envious idiots.
What's any foreigners business with their political brouhaha undecided?
Small thing,they steal ,ruin and kill foreigners.

Ugly looking Hiv people angry angry angry.
They just ruined people's sources of income for nothing.

Tueh!

1 Like

Re: #ZumaUnrest; Nigerian Car Dealership Burnt Down In J'oburg, South Africa by TMKsouth: 10:33am On Jul 13, 2021
selemempe:
According to IronGalaxy they are drug dealerships.

Tmksouth South Africans are miscreants

You're crying over one Nigerian outlet. Thousands of SA businesses have also been destroyed. This is not a time for your "xenophobia" nonsense. Don't be an idiot.
Re: #ZumaUnrest; Nigerian Car Dealership Burnt Down In J'oburg, South Africa by JaceBlaze: 11:26am On Jul 13, 2021
poshestmina:
This South Africans are just bitter and lazy ugly envious idiots.
What's any foreigners business with their political brouhaha undecided?
Small thing,they steal ,ruin and kill foreigners.

Ugly looking Hiv people angry angry angry.
They just ruined people's sources of income for nothing.

Tueh!

Calm down na shocked I'm a South African and your words hurt my feelings grin grin

You lament over some dealership when malls were set ablaze?

1 Like

Re: #ZumaUnrest; Nigerian Car Dealership Burnt Down In J'oburg, South Africa by TMKsouth: 1:15pm On Jul 13, 2021
JaceBlaze:

Calm down na shocked I'm a South African and your words hurt my feelings grin grin

You lament over some dealership when malls were set ablaze?

Thousands of SA malls are being trashed and burnt, this one wants one second-hand Nigerian dealership to be prioritized (insert SMH emoji here)

1 Like

Re: #ZumaUnrest; Nigerian Car Dealership Burnt Down In J'oburg, South Africa by JaceBlaze: 2:25pm On Jul 13, 2021
TMKsouth:

Thousands of SA malls are being trashed and burnt, this one wants one second-hand Nigerian dealership to be prioritized (insert SMH emoji here)

Ba rata dilo tsa batho angry

1 Like

Re: #ZumaUnrest; Nigerian Car Dealership Burnt Down In J'oburg, South Africa by selemempe: 9:21pm On Jul 13, 2021
TMKsouth:

You're crying over one Nigerian outlet. Thousands of SA businesses have also been destroyed. This is not a time for your "xenophobia" nonsense. Don't be an idiot.
my prayer goes out to sane south Africans...are you a sane south African?
Re: #ZumaUnrest; Nigerian Car Dealership Burnt Down In J'oburg, South Africa by EHI9ICE(m): 9:21am On Aug 20, 2021
drmorphine

Bro
Re: #ZumaUnrest; Nigerian Car Dealership Burnt Down In J'oburg, South Africa by Caramia2020(m): 9:49am On Aug 20, 2021
Societal unrest everywhere, d end is near.
Re: #ZumaUnrest; Nigerian Car Dealership Burnt Down In J'oburg, South Africa by Sonnobax15(m): 9:49am On Aug 20, 2021
lipsrsealed
Black south africans just keep proofing to the entire world that no matter how close they may live and interact with the whites, their blackness and the monkey-mentality in them will always be unveiled tongue

South africans no better pass us one bit...The only difference between we and them is that they have only got little access to modern day technology prior to the whites residing in SA.....

That's one reason why apartheid go always be a lucrative business in SA lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

They Embarass Him For Driving The Lamborghini Because His Black / Pregnant Woman To Be Executed For Burning Photo Of Islamic Supreme Leader / OMG! See What A Young Man Was Seen Doing In Lagos Today. Shocking Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.