Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,600 members, 7,812,960 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:52 PM

Nigeria's 'Brown Envelope' Journalism - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nigeria's 'Brown Envelope' Journalism (10752 Views)

Kiki Mordi Nominated For Future Awards For Journalism / Reasons Why Nigerian Women Don't Like Practicing Journalism - Massmediang.com / I Want To Choose A Career In Journalism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's 'Brown Envelope' Journalism by osuofia2(m): 9:47am On Jul 13, 2021
smiley
Re: Nigeria's 'Brown Envelope' Journalism by Sebastine1994(m): 9:47am On Jul 13, 2021
are you just waking up
Re: Nigeria's 'Brown Envelope' Journalism by descarado: 9:55am On Jul 13, 2021
Ofodirinwa:
This is the same system in the UK, but BBC is talking.
Are you a journalist in UK?
When I was young, I used to listen to BBC radio for Africa.
At some point, the Nigerian govt invited BBC crew to train some selected Nigerian journalists for like 2 weeks.
It was a disaster. BBC broadcasted everything that happened as they used that as undercover investigation. That was the first time I heard of brown envelop journalism. Yeah, our journalists who failed were giving BBC crew brown envelope.
According to BBC, the boasted that it was the norm.

I asked my teacher what brown envelope journalism was and till date anytime I hear brown envelope, I will remember this.
UK is not as corrupt as Nigeria and their institution works effectively. Don't be caught else you will be disgraced and end up n jail.
Can your people do that?
Never ever compare the two countries.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's 'Brown Envelope' Journalism by ntrukpum(m): 9:58am On Jul 13, 2021
Sycophancy, praise-singing has taken over the journalism profession
Re: Nigeria's 'Brown Envelope' Journalism by Menace2Society(m): 10:11am On Jul 13, 2021
Biafrannuke:
Next use to be my first port of call every morning.
Meanwhile, it was MNK that brought the world's attention to brown envelope media in Nigeria.
What a dumb post

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's 'Brown Envelope' Journalism by Dojiro: 10:25am On Jul 13, 2021
Chei
Re: Nigeria's 'Brown Envelope' Journalism by CasNova: 10:29am On Jul 13, 2021
H
Re: Nigeria's 'Brown Envelope' Journalism by Optimist127: 11:51am On Jul 13, 2021
Point me to any country in the world where this is not practiced, the level might be different.
Re: Nigeria's 'Brown Envelope' Journalism by Sesughray: 12:10pm On Jul 13, 2021
Indeed it will take more than one court victory to bring an end to it.
Re: Nigeria's 'Brown Envelope' Journalism by Chris525: 12:17pm On Jul 13, 2021
Lol. Nigerians are too re.tard.ed to know or understand this. They’ve been brainwashed they think whites are angels.

FarahAideed:
Journalism is a crooked career everywhere
Re: Nigeria's 'Brown Envelope' Journalism by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jul 13, 2021
There are no journalist in Nigeria, only paid idiots.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's 'Brown Envelope' Journalism by Vantegral(f): 2:05pm On Jul 14, 2021
Vantegral is your best option for a specialized position in the Oil and Gas Industry.

We are experts in the recruiting, training, and outsourcing of highly specialized talent for our clients in the Oil & Gas Industry.

Visit vantegral.com to learn more.

Follow us at https://www.linkedin.com/company/vantegral-consulting/ for recruitment news and tips in the oil and gas sector.

#vantegral #recruitment #talentacquisition #outsourcing #humancapitaldevelopment #talent #oil #oilandgas #recruiting #training #gas #jobs #job #hiring #jobsearch #careers

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should I Quit My Part-Time Job? / 5 Tell Signs That Scream “You Need A New Job.” / Share Your Experience As A Studio Camera Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.