Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,787 members, 7,827,904 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 87th Birthday Today - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 87th Birthday Today (24731 Views)

Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 88th Birthday Today / Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 85th Birthday: 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Him / Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 84th Birthday Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 87th Birthday Today by CasNova(m): 9:14am On Jul 13, 2021
Happy birthday, sir, the Kongi himself.
Re: Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 87th Birthday Today by Franking: 9:14am On Jul 13, 2021
Happy birthday to Kongi himself.
Re: Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 87th Birthday Today by sukar886: 9:15am On Jul 13, 2021
Happy birthday sir
Re: Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 87th Birthday Today by Focusmind: 9:16am On Jul 13, 2021
And he is mentally alert. May God help my Dad that is just 75 and Is having mild dementia, recovering from prostate and sometimes, unaware of his environment and easily forgets topics of discussion. Good health is wealth. I will choose good health any time.
Re: Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 87th Birthday Today by seyz91(m): 9:16am On Jul 13, 2021
cheesy
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Congratulations to a real niggarr...

Despite he age see as he still handsome

I just dey wonder how many baby girls he bang during those days as a young niggarrrr
Re: Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 87th Birthday Today by Elzakzaky: 9:18am On Jul 13, 2021
MadamVanessa:
Great sage

Wealth of wisdom personified

Erudite professor

Literary Icon

Happy birthday to you Daddy!

After my amiable late Chinua Achebe, the next man i respect and love with all my heart and soul is Wole Soyinka.

Even though he contributed in puting us in this mess we find ourselves today by endorsing an empty numbskull, a dullard, a buffoon, a clueless uselessss bastard called Buhari , but my love for this great man is still unshakable.

He gave the best advice in the circumstance. And Buhari would av won with or without Wole Soyinka's endorsement. Or are you saying Soyinka carries more political weight than baba Iyabo?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 87th Birthday Today by YoungLionken(m): 9:21am On Jul 13, 2021
MadamVanessa:
Great sage

Wealth of wisdom personified

Erudite professor

Literary Icon

Happy birthday to you Daddy!

After my amiable late Chinua Achebe, the next man i respect and love with all my heart and soul is Wole Soyinka.

Even though he contributed in puting us in this mess we find ourselves today by endorsing an empty numbskull, a dullard, a buffoon, a clueless uselessss bastard called Buhari , but my love for this great man is still unshakable.

Tribal bigot! Who's Achebe where Soyinka is, that made you placed Achebe above..

You dots in the circle go about blaming everybody, tribe.. Didn't the brainwashed mbaka brainwashed his followers to vote in Buhari..

Buhari is not your mate!!!
Re: Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 87th Birthday Today by Nobody: 9:22am On Jul 13, 2021
staphcures:
He doesn't Believe in God's Existence ,I still wonder what made people like them have such Thoughts .

Well HBD..

What most Africans pray for think only the supernatural can solve, is been done even in a more sophisticated style oversea.
Re: Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 87th Birthday Today by Awoo88: 9:22am On Jul 13, 2021
tutudesz:
lipsrsealed his only legacy for Nigeria youths is cultistism
That is not his legacy. He was invited to join PC than and being the youngest, he was made the captain. And besides, PC left campus for you guys when you people decided to turn confraternity into something obnoxious and dark. NAS is not a secret any more. Deck are location in town and non members can visit

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 87th Birthday Today by meobizy(f): 9:23am On Jul 13, 2021
These old men make one realize life is longer than proclaimed. When one is old enough to birth university aged children this day only to find out Soyinka was in his late forties when the individual was born. I believe it’s underachievers who claim life is short because they spend their existence in a haze; eating, sleeping and kpenshing.
Re: Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 87th Birthday Today by seglabsy(m): 9:23am On Jul 13, 2021
Abelolawale92:
A great friend of mine in the 50s we still communicate once in a while tho
i will like to know you sir
Re: Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 87th Birthday Today by SocialJustice: 9:23am On Jul 13, 2021
tutudesz:
Everyday ignoramuses like you must be educated. Go check the meaning of confraternity in your dictionary before you disgrace yourself further.
Re: Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 87th Birthday Today by gbengaadeleye12: 9:24am On Jul 13, 2021
Age with sufficient grace sir
lalasticlala:
Wole Soyinka Turns 87 Today!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wole_Soyinka
Re: Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 87th Birthday Today by Gerrard59(m): 9:24am On Jul 13, 2021
He was 50 years old when Buhari first became head of state in 1984 yet supported same Buhari in 2015.
Re: Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 87th Birthday Today by akanjikokoro: 9:26am On Jul 13, 2021
Happy birthday sir.
Re: Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 87th Birthday Today by Teenaira: 9:27am On Jul 13, 2021
Happy birthday to our dear erudite professor. You are indeed an inspiration to black Africa and indeed to humanity.

By the way, I like your hair, they are uniformly whitish but that does not make us to forget that you are a genuine black. I dove my cap sir, big CONGRATULATIONS.

Please do not continue to challenge pa Obasanjo's age. We already know who is older.
I am waiting anxiously for my invitation. Thank you in advance sir.
Re: Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 87th Birthday Today by biuty20: 9:29am On Jul 13, 2021
Happy Birthday
Re: Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 87th Birthday Today by MadamVanessa(f): 9:32am On Jul 13, 2021
YoungLionken:

Tribal bigot! Who's Achebe where Soyinka is, that made you placed Achebe above..

You dots in the circle go about blaming everybody, tribe.. Didn't the brainwashed mbaka brainwashed his followers to vote in Buhari..

Buhari is not your mate!!!

I am free to choose whoever i want to choose over anybody, its my choice and i have my reasons for it. Achebe over Wole Soyinka anyday anytime. But the fact still remains that Wole Soyinka is a great man.

That idiot of your president can never be my mate. So don't even go there.
Re: Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 87th Birthday Today by zolajpower: 9:32am On Jul 13, 2021
lalasticlala:
Wole Soyinka Turns 87 Today!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wole_Soyinka
I love the last pic for memes such as "THATS IS YOUR CUP OF TEA" grin memes
Re: Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 87th Birthday Today by lastchild: 9:32am On Jul 13, 2021
87,that's grace

my father died at 66 and one idiot said he has tried
Re: Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 87th Birthday Today by Frank83: 9:33am On Jul 13, 2021
Congratulations rugged sailor, may your wisdom light always be bright as the rays of yellow sun that shines in the dark hauls of the way to treasure island.
Re: Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 87th Birthday Today by theTranslator: 9:34am On Jul 13, 2021
Tyranny:
Live forever real man! Even though he's from the south; he let us know he is standin' with us!
what do you mean?
Re: Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 87th Birthday Today by deprince4today(m): 9:34am On Jul 13, 2021
Happy birthday sir
Re: Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 87th Birthday Today by purples25(f): 9:35am On Jul 13, 2021
Happy birthday smiley
Re: Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 87th Birthday Today by Patdedon(m): 9:39am On Jul 13, 2021
Happy Birthday Professor
Re: Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 87th Birthday Today by Ebwalams(m): 9:44am On Jul 13, 2021
Thank God that you senior obj, happy birthday.
Re: Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 87th Birthday Today by IVORY2009(m): 9:45am On Jul 13, 2021
tutudesz:

shocked

Is that not the legendary actor "Omenka Donatus" on that picture shocked
Re: Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 87th Birthday Today by Nobody: 9:52am On Jul 13, 2021
Happy birthday sir. You are an icon. I celebrate you.
Re: Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 87th Birthday Today by Francisalao9(m): 9:56am On Jul 13, 2021
Wole soyinka @87
While Tinubu is @69..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

9-Year-Old Girl Who Published Book On Terrorism In Nigeria At DHQ (Photos) / Woman Accuses Best Friend Of Stealing Husband’s joystick / 10 Embarrassingly Non-existing Phrases That Are Hurting Your Writing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.