Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,744 members, 7,820,570 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

Ae-funai Vc Commends Two Students For Girl-child Advocacy, Artistic Prowess - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ae-funai Vc Commends Two Students For Girl-child Advocacy, Artistic Prowess (155 Views)

UNIPORT: Fight Broke Out Between Two Students Over Orientation Drinks (Photos) / University of Ibadan Loses Two Students To An Accident & Robbers In 24hrs (Pics) / Covenant University Punished Students For Keeping Their Hair (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ae-funai Vc Commends Two Students For Girl-child Advocacy, Artistic Prowess by cyborgFUNAI: 2:52pm On Jul 13, 2021
The Vice-Chancellor of Alex Ekwueme Federal University Ndufu-Alike, Ebonyi State, Prof. Sunday Elom, has commended two students of the University, Harmonypeace Sylvester Uchendu and Chidinma Miracle Solomon for their exemplary qualities, as a girl-child advocate and a visual artist respectively.

The Vice-Chancellor made the commendation yesterday, when he met with the two students, who are from the Department of English and Literary Studies Education and Department of Fine and Applied Arts, in his office.

VC, Prof. Sunday Elom with Harmonypeace Sylvester Uchendu (R) and Chidinma Miracle Solomon (L) at his office
Speaking on the humanitarian efforts of Miss Sylvester Uchendu which has led her to many primary and secondary schools in the University’s host community, where he shared sanitary pads and toiletries to young girls, the Vice-Chancellor said ‘’I read about your good works in one of the posts on the school website and was marvelled at your kind gestures towards mankind’’, adding “It is very rare to come by these days for someone to use her personal money for such kind gestures”.

Continuing, the Vice-Chancellor who was visibly excited by the student’s rare benevolence to fellow girls, promised that the University will support her as she champions the rights and welfare of the girl-child in the society.

VC, Prof. Sunday Elom welcoming Miss Harmonypeace Sylvester Uchendu to his office
Earlier, Miss Uchendu had informed the Vice-Chancellor, that her difficult childhood laid the platform for what she is doing in the area of girl-child advocacy, noting that it was not smooth while growing up.

‘’I almost dropped out of school due to lack of fund. My parents were not able to cater for our needs and that made me to use pieces of cloth as pad during my menstrual periods.

“I didn’t give up but struggled to further my education. I had to teach for 3 years after secondary school to be able to raise money to come to AE-FUNAI. So I made a vow that any little money at my disposal will be channelled to distributing toiletries and pads to less privileged girls in the society”, she submitted.

She stressed that fighting for the rights of the girl-child is her top priority, observing that females were not being treated fairly in the society.

Miss Sylvester Uchendu’s activities as a girl-child rights activist had gone viral after sharing her story with the Public Relations and Information Unit of the University. Her touching and exemplary story has been published online by many print and electronic media houses as well as social media platforms.

Miss Chidinma Miracle Solomon presenting a portrait made from fabric to the VC, Prof. Sunday Elom during the meeting
In the same vein, Miss Solomon, whose core competence is in Fabric Collage Art was not left out in the Vice-Chancellor’s largesse.

While presenting a portrait of the Vice-Chancellor to him during the meeting, Prof. Elom also promised that the University will support her career development as a visual artist, and urged her not to rest on her oars until she achieves her dream.

VC, Prof. Sunday Elom (3 L) in a group photograph with the University PRO, Elom Iyke Ubochi, Chidinma Miracle Solomon, Harmonypeace Sylvester Uchendu, Director of Information, Izuchukwu, and Mrs. Juliet Chigbata, after the meeting.
Re: Ae-funai Vc Commends Two Students For Girl-child Advocacy, Artistic Prowess by Humulity: 11:27am On Jul 30, 2021
CasH them young, the University should continue follow and create opportunity for the to thrive after graduation.
They should be the University'S Ambassador.

(1) (Reply)

Good Sociology Thesis Topics For College Students / Gain Admission Without UTME / Get Your Project Materials For #5000.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.