Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,905 members, 7,817,681 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

How To Sue A Bank - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Sue A Bank (580 Views)

What Are My Chances If I Sue A Bank For Withholding My 2k? / Angry Lady Drives Her Car Into A Bank Hall After Waiting For Hours For Service / What Happens To My Money If I'm Robbed In A Bank While Waiting To Deposit? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Sue A Bank by IamDavid(m): 4:01am On Jul 14, 2021
I sent an amount of money to a customer with Sparkle bank, one of the digital banks in Nigeria. I did my research before registration, I discovered that it is owned by the former CEO of diamond bank, so I had some peace of mind.

To my greatest surprise, the money was deducted twice from my account, I called the recipient, he claimed he received only once. I proceeded to lodge a complaint to Sparkle bank support who replied me in 24 hours, confirming that both transactions were successful, but failing to admit the mistake of duplicating the transaction on their end.

Now the dude isn't picking my calls again, apparently he has received the duplicate. What can I do to get my money back? Can I sue the bank? Can I get the recipient's account blocked? Who has experienced this before?
Re: How To Sue A Bank by Nobody: 4:02am On Jul 14, 2021
A good and professional tailor should be able to do that easily.

1 Like

Re: How To Sue A Bank by DaCharis2016: 4:06am On Jul 14, 2021
Pls write a formal letter to the bank explaining what transpired. If they can't reimburse you, then send another with cbn in copy.

Will look for the email address afterwards.
Re: How To Sue A Bank by IamDavid(m): 4:13am On Jul 14, 2021
DaCharis2016:
Pls write a formal letter to the bank explaining what transpired. If they can't reimburse you, then send another with cbn in copy.

Will look for the email address afterwards.

Thanks for the response
Should I type, print and scan or just do the regular email?
Re: How To Sue A Bank by Edibles20: 4:39am On Jul 14, 2021
Just send a mail and put CBN in the copy. There’s a particular CBN mail you should look for.
Send the mail today, send a reminder on Friday, then on Monday too. Make sure the recipient’s name and account details are also included.
Re: How To Sue A Bank by orisa37: 8:15am On Jul 14, 2021
In NIGERIA, the Responsibility of Commercial Banks to Negligence shifted since 2015.

Now you can grab EMEFIELE and tear him to SHREDS.
Re: How To Sue A Bank by DaCharis2016: 8:56am On Jul 14, 2021
IamDavid:

Thanks for the response
Should you type? No, don't type.... grin
Re: How To Sue A Bank by SavageResponse(m): 9:17am On Jul 14, 2021
IamDavid:

Thanks for the response

I don't need to print or scan anything.

Just type the letter in the body of the email with an appropriate subject/heading but make sure your quote all relevant account numbers, dates and every detail that will make it easy for them to do an investigation.

If you have any online receipts or screenshots to prove your case make sure you also attach them

Good luck!
Re: How To Sue A Bank by Stephenmoka4(m): 12:25pm On Jul 14, 2021
It won't be easy to sue a bank over a duplicate transaction banks can only give status of. Check their terms and conditions, it would be used against you so, be careful. Contact the customer service for status of transportation from the receiver's banking institution.
Re: How To Sue A Bank by mrgbenga1: 6:12pm On Jul 14, 2021
What about a transaction that wasn't successful as at the time of the transaction but after four months. The bank deducted the money and claimed the transaction was successful.
Re: How To Sue A Bank by Loveknitting: 9:35pm On Jul 14, 2021
SARSCoV2:
A good and professional tailor should be able to do that easily.

You mean lawyer right?
Re: How To Sue A Bank by IamDavid(m): 6:20am On Jul 15, 2021
Loveknitting:

You mean lawyer right?

Are you minding him? Sometimes people don't understand that trolling is unnecessary.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

. / Dollar To Naira Rate And How It Affects International Transactions / Intelligence Prime Capital Bot Business Presentation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.